|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following phrases does NOT characterize Little Ann?
(a) Old Dan's protector.
(b) Extremely intelligent.
(c) Mama's helper.
(d) Sweet and loving.
2. What does Billy do each morning when he returns home from hunting?
(a) Cares for the dogs' feet.
(b) Eats breakfast and goes to bed.
(c) Goes to work in the fields with his father.
(d) Helps his mother with chores.
3. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
(a) He chases a raccoon
(b) He protects Billy and the girl puppy
(c) He chases a mountain lion
(d) He barks at the cries of a mountain lion
4. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
(a) Both dogs are larger than he expected.
(b) The female dog is larger than the male dog.
(c) The male dog is larger than the female dog.
(d) Both of the dogs are smaller than he expected.
5. Why does Billy try to get the dogs to stay at home when he takes hides to his grandfather's store?
(a) The dogs are not allowed inside the store.
(b) The dogs always want treats from the store.
(c) Billy's grandfather does not like dogs.
(d) There are other dogs there that try to fight with Old Dan and Little Ann.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Billy bring to Tahlequah to carry the puppies home in?
2. What does Mama make out of Billy's first coonskin?
3. Which night does Billy draw to hunt in the contest?
4. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
5. How does Billy react when the women in Tahlequah criticize him while walking through town with his puppies?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)