|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
(a) As courageous.
(b) As docile.
(c) As weak.
(d) As smart.
2. Which of the following phrases does NOT characterize Old Dan?
(a) Tough, but friendly.
(b) Sweet and loving.
(c) Little Ann's protector.
(d) Devoted to Billy.
3. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
(a) He cries with joy.
(b) He scoops them up and kisses them.
(c) He is stunned that they are actually his now.
(d) He is frightened by their size.
4. What does Billy do to prevent Old Dan from entering the hollow tree again?
(a) He punishes him for going up the tree.
(b) He cuts the tree down.
(c) He moves the dogs to another area of the woods to hunt.
(d) He plugs the hole with rocks.
5. In Chapter 5, what does Billy see the train stationmaster doing that gives him the courage to enter the depot?
(a) Talking to another child.
(c) Putting the puppies.
(d) Caring for his canary.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Billy able to earn per coonskin?
2. What does Grandpa give Billy in Chapter 15 that marks him as an adult?
3. What surprises Billy's grandfather about Little Ann and Old Dan's relationship?
4. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
5. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)