|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
(a) As weak.
(b) As docile.
(c) As courageous.
(d) As smart.
2. What does Old Dan do when Little Ann cuts her paw?
(a) He fights the animal who hurt Little Ann.
(b) He leaves her to be cared for by Billy's sisters.
(c) He nurses her back to health.
(d) He stays with her rather than going hunting alone with Billy.
3. How does Billy prepare Little Ann for the beauty contest?
(a) By telling her she is a beautiful dog.
(b) By teaching her commands.
(c) By brushing and rubbing butter into her hair.
(d) By brushing and rubbing hair oil into her hair.
4. What does Billy do each morning when he returns home from hunting?
(a) Helps his mother with chores.
(b) Cares for the dogs' feet.
(c) Goes to work in the fields with his father.
(d) Eats breakfast and goes to bed.
5. What does Mama make out of Billy's first coonskin?
(a) A rucksack.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A hat.
(d) A coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Billy's grandfather about Little Ann and Old Dan's relationship?
2. Why does Old Dan run up a hollow tree during a hunt?
3. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
4. What does Grandpa give Billy in Chapter 15 that marks him as an adult?
5. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)