|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy prepare Little Ann for the beauty contest?
(a) By teaching her commands.
(b) By brushing and rubbing hair oil into her hair.
(c) By brushing and rubbing butter into her hair.
(d) By telling her she is a beautiful dog.
2. How does Billy react when the women in Tahlequah criticize him while walking through town with his puppies?
(a) He gets into a fight with the women.
(b) He ignores their comments.
(c) He begins crying.
(d) He makes fun of the feathers in their hats.
3. Why is Billy concerned about entering one of the dogs into the best looking dog contest?
(a) He is afraid of losing the contest.
(b) He is not concerned about their looks, only their hunting abilities.
(c) He does not want to hurt the feelings of either dog.
(d) He believes they are too small.
4. What surprises Billy's grandfather about Little Ann and Old Dan's relationship?
(a) They compliment each other well.
(b) They are not competitive.
(c) They share everything.
(d) They are like a mother and child.
5. Why does Billy try to get the dogs to stay at home when he takes hides to his grandfather's store?
(a) The dogs are not allowed inside the store.
(b) The dogs always want treats from the store.
(c) Billy's grandfather does not like dogs.
(d) There are other dogs there that try to fight with Old Dan and Little Ann.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
2. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
3. What does Billy hear during the night in Chapter 15 that he takes as a bad omen?
4. What does Billy do each morning when he returns home from hunting?
5. Where does Billy camp with the puppies in Chapter 5?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)