|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
(a) He is stunned that they are actually his now.
(b) He scoops them up and kisses them.
(c) He cries with joy.
(d) He is frightened by their size.
2. What impresses the Tahlequah marshal about Billy?
(a) His self-assured attitude.
(b) His interest in hunting.
(c) His willingness to stick up for his puppies.
(d) His willingness to work hard to purchase the puppies.
3. What did Billy bring to Tahlequah to carry the puppies home in?
(a) A box.
(b) A wagon.
(c) A gunny sack.
(d) A backpack.
4. What surprises Billy's grandfather about Little Ann and Old Dan's relationship?
(a) They are like a mother and child.
(b) They are not competitive.
(c) They compliment each other well.
(d) They share everything.
5. Why is Billy concerned about entering one of the dogs into the best looking dog contest?
(a) He does not want to hurt the feelings of either dog.
(b) He is afraid of losing the contest.
(c) He believes they are too small.
(d) He is not concerned about their looks, only their hunting abilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Old Dan run up a hollow tree during a hunt?
2. What does Grandpa give Billy in Chapter 15 that marks him as an adult?
3. What does Old Dan do when Little Ann cuts her paw?
4. What does Billy do to prevent Old Dan from entering the hollow tree again?
5. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)