|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
(a) The boy makes fun of Billy's appearance.
(b) The boy tries to steal the puppies.
(c) The boy steps on Billy's bare foot with his cowboy boot.
(d) The boy pulls the ears of one of the puppies.
2. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
(a) He barks at the cries of a mountain lion
(b) He chases a mountain lion
(c) He protects Billy and the girl puppy
(d) He chases a raccoon
3. What does Billy do to prevent Old Dan from entering the hollow tree again?
(a) He moves the dogs to another area of the woods to hunt.
(b) He plugs the hole with rocks.
(c) He punishes him for going up the tree.
(d) He cuts the tree down.
4. Which night does Billy draw to hunt in the contest?
(a) The third night.
(b) The first night.
(c) The last night.
(d) The fourth night.
5. What does Old Dan do when Little Ann cuts her paw?
(a) He fights the animal who hurt Little Ann.
(b) He nurses her back to health.
(c) He stays with her rather than going hunting alone with Billy.
(d) He leaves her to be cared for by Billy's sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Billy see the train stationmaster doing that gives him the courage to enter the depot?
2. How does Billy prepare Little Ann for the beauty contest?
3. What do the other hunters tease Billy about when they talk at his grandfather's store?
4. Why is Billy concerned about entering one of the dogs into the best looking dog contest?
5. What does Billy do each morning when he returns home from hunting?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)