|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy do each morning when he returns home from hunting?
(a) Cares for the dogs' feet.
(b) Helps his mother with chores.
(c) Eats breakfast and goes to bed.
(d) Goes to work in the fields with his father.
2. What does Billy do with the money he earns from hunting?
(a) He gives it to his mother.
(b) He gives it to his father.
(c) He pays off his debts to his grandfather.
(d) He spends it on hunting supplies.
3. What did Billy bring to Tahlequah to carry the puppies home in?
(a) A gunny sack.
(b) A wagon.
(c) A box.
(d) A backpack.
4. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
(a) Both of the dogs are smaller than he expected.
(b) The female dog is larger than the male dog.
(c) Both dogs are larger than he expected.
(d) The male dog is larger than the female dog.
5. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
(a) The boy makes fun of Billy's appearance.
(b) The boy pulls the ears of one of the puppies.
(c) The boy steps on Billy's bare foot with his cowboy boot.
(d) The boy tries to steal the puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impresses the Tahlequah marshal about Billy?
2. What does Mama make out of Billy's first coonskin?
3. Which night does Billy draw to hunt in the contest?
4. What does Old Dan do when Little Ann cuts her paw?
5. What do the other hunters tease Billy about when they talk at his grandfather's store?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)