|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the other hunters tease Billy about when they talk at his grandfather's store?
(a) His obsession with hunting.
(b) That one of his dogs is female.
(c) The size of his dogs.
(d) His age.
2. How does Billy prepare Little Ann for the beauty contest?
(a) By telling her she is a beautiful dog.
(b) By brushing and rubbing hair oil into her hair.
(c) By teaching her commands.
(d) By brushing and rubbing butter into her hair.
3. Why does Old Dan run up a hollow tree during a hunt?
(a) To chase a raccoon that is in the tree.
(b) To follow the scent of a raccoon.
(c) To get a better view of the raccoon running away.
(d) To chase Little Ann.
4. Which of the following phrases does NOT characterize Little Ann?
(a) Mama's helper.
(b) Old Dan's protector.
(c) Extremely intelligent.
(d) Sweet and loving.
5. Which of the following phrases does NOT characterize Old Dan?
(a) Tough, but friendly.
(b) Devoted to Billy.
(c) Sweet and loving.
(d) Little Ann's protector.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old Dan do when Little Ann cuts her paw?
2. Which night does Billy draw to hunt in the contest?
3. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
4. What does Billy do each morning when he returns home from hunting?
5. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)