|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Old Dan do when Little Ann cuts her paw?
(a) He fights the animal who hurt Little Ann.
(b) He leaves her to be cared for by Billy's sisters.
(c) He stays with her rather than going hunting alone with Billy.
(d) He nurses her back to health.
2. Which of the following phrases does NOT characterize Little Ann?
(a) Extremely intelligent.
(b) Mama's helper.
(c) Sweet and loving.
(d) Old Dan's protector.
3. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
(a) Both dogs are larger than he expected.
(b) The female dog is larger than the male dog.
(c) Both of the dogs are smaller than he expected.
(d) The male dog is larger than the female dog.
4. Which night does Billy draw to hunt in the contest?
(a) The last night.
(b) The fourth night.
(c) The third night.
(d) The first night.
5. How much is Billy able to earn per coonskin?
(a) Exactly $10.
(b) Up to $10.
(d) Up to $100.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy try to get the dogs to stay at home when he takes hides to his grandfather's store?
2. What does Billy do to prevent Old Dan from entering the hollow tree again?
3. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
4. What does Billy hear during the night in Chapter 15 that he takes as a bad omen?
5. What does Grandpa give Billy in Chapter 15 that marks him as an adult?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)