|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following phrases does NOT characterize Little Ann?
(a) Extremely intelligent.
(b) Mama's helper.
(c) Old Dan's protector.
(d) Sweet and loving.
2. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
(a) The boy steps on Billy's bare foot with his cowboy boot.
(b) The boy tries to steal the puppies.
(c) The boy pulls the ears of one of the puppies.
(d) The boy makes fun of Billy's appearance.
3. What does Old Dan do when Little Ann cuts her paw?
(a) He stays with her rather than going hunting alone with Billy.
(b) He nurses her back to health.
(c) He leaves her to be cared for by Billy's sisters.
(d) He fights the animal who hurt Little Ann.
4. What does Billy do to prevent Old Dan from entering the hollow tree again?
(a) He plugs the hole with rocks.
(b) He moves the dogs to another area of the woods to hunt.
(c) He punishes him for going up the tree.
(d) He cuts the tree down.
5. Which of the following phrases does NOT characterize Old Dan?
(a) Tough, but friendly.
(b) Little Ann's protector.
(c) Sweet and loving.
(d) Devoted to Billy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Old Dan when he follows a raccoon under water during a hunt?
2. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
3. What do the other hunters tease Billy about when they talk at his grandfather's store?
4. What impresses the Tahlequah marshal about Billy?
5. What does Billy do with the money he earns from hunting?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)