|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
(a) He protects Billy and the girl puppy
(b) He chases a mountain lion
(c) He barks at the cries of a mountain lion
(d) He chases a raccoon
2. Why does Billy try to get the dogs to stay at home when he takes hides to his grandfather's store?
(a) Billy's grandfather does not like dogs.
(b) The dogs always want treats from the store.
(c) There are other dogs there that try to fight with Old Dan and Little Ann.
(d) The dogs are not allowed inside the store.
3. What does Mama make out of Billy's first coonskin?
(a) A rucksack.
(b) A hat.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A coat.
4. Why does Old Dan run up a hollow tree during a hunt?
(a) To get a better view of the raccoon running away.
(b) To chase a raccoon that is in the tree.
(c) To chase Little Ann.
(d) To follow the scent of a raccoon.
5. Which of the following phrases does NOT characterize Old Dan?
(a) Little Ann's protector.
(b) Tough, but friendly.
(c) Devoted to Billy.
(d) Sweet and loving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Billy concerned about entering one of the dogs into the best looking dog contest?
2. What does Old Dan do when Little Ann cuts her paw?
3. What do the other hunters tease Billy about when they talk at his grandfather's store?
4. What does Grandpa give Billy in Chapter 15 that marks him as an adult?
5. How much is Billy able to earn per coonskin?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)