|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following phrases does NOT characterize Little Ann?
(a) Old Dan's protector.
(b) Sweet and loving.
(c) Mama's helper.
(d) Extremely intelligent.
2. Why does Billy try to get the dogs to stay at home when he takes hides to his grandfather's store?
(a) The dogs always want treats from the store.
(b) The dogs are not allowed inside the store.
(c) There are other dogs there that try to fight with Old Dan and Little Ann.
(d) Billy's grandfather does not like dogs.
3. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
(a) He protects Billy and the girl puppy
(b) He chases a mountain lion
(c) He barks at the cries of a mountain lion
(d) He chases a raccoon
4. What does Billy hear during the night in Chapter 15 that he takes as a bad omen?
(a) The sound of mockingbirds.
(b) The sound of screech owls.
(c) Old Dan baying.
(d) A storm coming.
5. Why does Old Dan run up a hollow tree during a hunt?
(a) To get a better view of the raccoon running away.
(b) To chase Little Ann.
(c) To chase a raccoon that is in the tree.
(d) To follow the scent of a raccoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy do each morning when he returns home from hunting?
2. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
3. What does Mama make out of Billy's first coonskin?
4. What does Grandpa give Billy in Chapter 15 that marks him as an adult?
5. What do the other hunters tease Billy about when they talk at his grandfather's store?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)