|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
(a) He barks at the cries of a mountain lion
(b) He chases a raccoon
(c) He protects Billy and the girl puppy
(d) He chases a mountain lion
2. How much is Billy able to earn per coonskin?
(b) Exactly $10.
(c) Up to $100.
(d) Up to $10.
3. What does Billy do with the money he earns from hunting?
(a) He gives it to his mother.
(b) He gives it to his father.
(c) He spends it on hunting supplies.
(d) He pays off his debts to his grandfather.
4. Why does Billy try to get the dogs to stay at home when he takes hides to his grandfather's store?
(a) Billy's grandfather does not like dogs.
(b) The dogs are not allowed inside the store.
(c) The dogs always want treats from the store.
(d) There are other dogs there that try to fight with Old Dan and Little Ann.
5. How does Billy react when the women in Tahlequah criticize him while walking through town with his puppies?
(a) He gets into a fight with the women.
(b) He begins crying.
(c) He ignores their comments.
(d) He makes fun of the feathers in their hats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Billy concerned about entering one of the dogs into the best looking dog contest?
2. What happens to Old Dan when he follows a raccoon under water during a hunt?
3. What does Grandpa give Billy in Chapter 15 that marks him as an adult?
4. Why does Old Dan run up a hollow tree during a hunt?
5. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)