|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy do each morning when he returns home from hunting?
(a) Cares for the dogs' feet.
(b) Eats breakfast and goes to bed.
(c) Goes to work in the fields with his father.
(d) Helps his mother with chores.
2. What does Mama make out of Billy's first coonskin?
(a) A coat.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A hat.
(d) A rucksack.
3. How does Billy prepare Little Ann for the beauty contest?
(a) By teaching her commands.
(b) By brushing and rubbing hair oil into her hair.
(c) By telling her she is a beautiful dog.
(d) By brushing and rubbing butter into her hair.
4. What did Billy bring to Tahlequah to carry the puppies home in?
(a) A gunny sack.
(b) A wagon.
(c) A box.
(d) A backpack.
5. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
(a) He thinks the marshal will arrest him.
(b) He is afraid the marshal will confiscate the puppies.
(c) He thinks the marshal will also hit him.
(d) He is afraid the marshal will put him in jail for fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other hunters tease Billy about when they talk at his grandfather's store?
2. Which of the following phrases does NOT characterize Old Dan?
3. What does Billy do with the money he earns from hunting?
4. What does Billy hear during the night in Chapter 15 that he takes as a bad omen?
5. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)