|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Old Dan when he follows a raccoon under water during a hunt?
(a) He becomes caught in a beaver dam.
(b) He nearly drowns because he cannot swim well.
(c) He becomes caught in a muskrat den.
(d) He demonstrates his strength and bravery.
2. What impresses the Tahlequah marshal about Billy?
(a) His interest in hunting.
(b) His self-assured attitude.
(c) His willingness to work hard to purchase the puppies.
(d) His willingness to stick up for his puppies.
3. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
(a) He protects Billy and the girl puppy
(b) He chases a mountain lion
(c) He barks at the cries of a mountain lion
(d) He chases a raccoon
4. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
(a) He is frightened by their size.
(b) He is stunned that they are actually his now.
(c) He scoops them up and kisses them.
(d) He cries with joy.
5. Which of the following phrases does NOT characterize Old Dan?
(a) Tough, but friendly.
(b) Sweet and loving.
(c) Devoted to Billy.
(d) Little Ann's protector.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following phrases does NOT characterize Little Ann?
2. What does the Tahlequah marshal give Billy before he leaves Tahlequah?
3. What does Mama make out of Billy's first coonskin?
4. What does Old Dan do when Little Ann cuts her paw?
5. What does Billy do with the money he earns from hunting?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)