|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Old Dan do when Little Ann cuts her paw?
(a) He stays with her rather than going hunting alone with Billy.
(b) He leaves her to be cared for by Billy's sisters.
(c) He fights the animal who hurt Little Ann.
(d) He nurses her back to health.
2. How much is Billy able to earn per coonskin?
(b) Up to $10.
(c) Up to $100.
(d) Exactly $10.
3. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
(a) He scoops them up and kisses them.
(b) He is frightened by their size.
(c) He is stunned that they are actually his now.
(d) He cries with joy.
4. What does the Tahlequah marshal give Billy before he leaves Tahlequah?
(a) A ride to the main road.
(c) A soda.
(d) A pair of shoes.
5. Why is Billy concerned about entering one of the dogs into the best looking dog contest?
(a) He does not want to hurt the feelings of either dog.
(b) He believes they are too small.
(c) He is not concerned about their looks, only their hunting abilities.
(d) He is afraid of losing the contest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
2. Why does Old Dan run up a hollow tree during a hunt?
3. How does Billy react when the women in Tahlequah criticize him while walking through town with his puppies?
4. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
5. How does Billy prepare Little Ann for the beauty contest?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)