|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
(a) As courageous.
(b) As smart.
(c) As weak.
(d) As docile.
2. Where does Billy camp with the puppies in Chapter 5?
(a) Just outside of Tahlequah,
(b) In a cave.
(c) In an abandoned building.
(d) In the woods.
3. What happens to Old Dan when he follows a raccoon under water during a hunt?
(a) He becomes caught in a muskrat den.
(b) He becomes caught in a beaver dam.
(c) He nearly drowns because he cannot swim well.
(d) He demonstrates his strength and bravery.
4. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
(a) The female dog is larger than the male dog.
(b) The male dog is larger than the female dog.
(c) Both of the dogs are smaller than he expected.
(d) Both dogs are larger than he expected.
5. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
(a) He thinks the marshal will also hit him.
(b) He is afraid the marshal will put him in jail for fighting.
(c) He is afraid the marshal will confiscate the puppies.
(d) He thinks the marshal will arrest him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy do each morning when he returns home from hunting?
2. Why does Old Dan run up a hollow tree during a hunt?
3. Which of the following phrases does NOT characterize Little Ann?
4. What does the Tahlequah marshal give Billy before he leaves Tahlequah?
5. What does Mama make out of Billy's first coonskin?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)