|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Minli invite Dragon to come meet with her?
(b) Magistrate Tiger.
(c) The Old Man of the Moon.
(d) Jade Dragon.
2. What did the Dragon come to life in?
(a) A painting.
(b) A river.
(c) A rainbow.
(d) The moon.
3. What does the beggar eat in the market in Chapter 21?
(a) A melon.
(b) A pear.
(c) A peach.
(d) A mango.
4. Who do Ma and Ba meet in the forest in Chapter 9?
(b) The Goldfish Seller.
(c) Jade Dragon.
(d) Magistrate Tiger.
5. Who asks Ba to tell a story in Chapter 15?
(a) The Old Man of the Moon.
(d) The Goldfish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Ba tell in Chapter 15?
2. What does Minli tell the orphan she needs to find in the City of Bright Moonlight?
3. What did the magistrate find when he went to the family's home in Ba's story in Chapter 15?
4. Where is the orphan's hut in the City of Bright Moonlight?
5. Why does Dragon say he was trapped by the salty river?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the dragon first come to consciousness?
2. What does Minli think of the Buffalo Boy's friend when she meets her?
3. What is the setting at the beginning of Where the Mountain Meets the Moon? Who is present in the opening of the book?
4. Who does Minli first meet in the City of Bright Moonlight? What news does he relate to her?
5. What led to the dragon coming to life in Dragon's Story?
6. What does the goldfish seller tell Ma and Ba in Chapter 12? Who was Lao Lao?
7. How did Magistrate Tiger's son end up marrying the grocer's daughter? What is the moral of this story?
8. Where does Minli go when she leaves the Village of Fruitless Mountain? What leads her way?
9. What news did the Old Man of the Moon give to Magistrate Tiger in the Story of the Old Man of the Moon? How did Magistrate Tiger react?
10. Who made the rain start and stop in the Story of Fruitless Mountain? Who were her children? What became of them?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)