|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The official in Ba's story in Chapter 15 told the family that if they didn't comply with orders, what would happen?
(a) He would throw them in jail.
(b) They would have to leave the country.
(c) He would burn down their house.
(d) They would never see each other again.
2. Where can the King and his palace be found in the City of Bright Moonlight?
(a) Inner City.
(c) Outer City.
3. What does Minli cook in Chapter 14?
4. Pearl is the child of whom?
(a) Jade Dragon.
(b) The Old Man of the Moon.
5. What does Dragon say there is enough of for everyone in the forest?
(d) Bee hives.
6. How often does the Inner City open in the City of Bright Moonlight?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Every morning.
(c) Once a year.
(d) Every evening.
7. What does Minli decide to use against the monkeys in Chapter 14?
(a) Name calling.
(d) Their own greed.
8. What do Ba and Ma do after discovering Minli has left?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Go to find her.
(c) Talk to the neighbors.
(d) Make breakfast.
9. What were the monkeys trying to protect according to Dragon?
(a) Peach trees.
(b) Cherry Trees.
(c) Berry bushes.
(d) Apple trees.
10. Who was once a powerful and ruthless magistrate?
(a) Magistrate Tiger.
(b) Magistrate Dragon.
(c) Magistrate Eagle.
(d) Magistrate Ba.
11. What name does Minli call her father?
(c) The goldfish seller.
(d) The Old Man of the Moon.
12. According to the Dragon's story, when the Magistrate saw the painter's painting, he declared the painter's village free from taxes for how long?
(a) A decade.
(b) A week.
(c) A month.
(d) A year.
13. Who was the man who refused to bow to the powerful magistrate?
(c) The Old Man of the Moon.
14. Fruitless Mountain, Ba says, will only grow green when what happens?
(a) The Rain's of Good Fortune come.
(b) Jade Dragon is reunited with her children.
(c) Jade Dragon's curse is lifted.
(d) The sun comes out.
15. Where does Minli go to sleep in Chapter 6?
(a) Never-Ending Mountain.
(b) The forest.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) The castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Minli put into a fishnet in Chapter 14?
2. Who did the old man tell the magistrate his son would marry?
3. What does Minli leave for her parents before departing in Chapter 4?
4. Who asks Ba to tell a story in Chapter 15?
5. Who did the magistrate think his son was marrying?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)