|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kiser angry with?
2. Who is sent to crash the alone time between Kiser and Devola?
3. Who does the bear skin belong to?
4. What does Kiser say he will build the Luthers?
5. What excuse does Mary Call use in Chapter 8 about where her father is?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Thanksgiving dinner and their situation in general wearing on Mary Call in this chapter?
2. Why doesn't Mary Call try to stop the wedding between Devola and Kiser Pease?
3. Describe the continued feud between Mrs. Connell and Romey.
4. Why do you think Mary Call's worries are mostly gone?
5. Why doesn't Mary Call think it's a good idea to have friends at school?
6. Describe Mary Call's hospital visit with Kiser Pease.
7. How do the Luthers prepare for winter?
8. How does Mary Call view education?
9. Compare and contrast the characters of Goldie Pease and Kiser Pease.
10. How does Devola remind Mary Call of Cosby Luther in this chapter, and how does she respond to it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Mary Call's view on education and her family?
Essay Topic 2
What is the meaning of the car for the Luther family and how does it lead to a break down in Mary Call's emotions?
Essay Topic 3
Describe two examples of Mary Call's major decisions in the book that affect the entire family but are made entirely on her own.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)