|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the house after it snows?
2. Who is making roping for holiday decorations?
3. Does Kiser believe the person who proposes to him?
4. What is Kiser like when Mary Call sees him at the hospital?
5. Who admits they were wrong about Devola?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe two examples of Mary Call's major decisions in the book that affect the entire family but are made entirely on her own.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Devola finally decide to marry Kiser Pease? Explain Mary Call's reaction and how her weakness begins to show at that point.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the attitudes of Mr. Connell with Mrs. Connell to the Luthers. Be sure to mention Mrs. Connell's masked intentions.
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)