|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Goldie take when she leaves the Luther's house?
2. Why is Mary Call upset with Romey in Chapter 12?
3. Who continues to talk about visiting the Luther house and attempts to in Chapter 9?
4. What does Mary pretend to need to buy more of at the store in Chapter 9?
5. What kind of weather is happening when Mary Call and Romey refuse the ride home from school in Chapter 9?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the relationship between Mary Call and Romey compared to Mary's relationship with the other children in the family. Be sure to give specific examples of tension/stress or moments of tenderness between Romey and Mary Call.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the attitudes of Mr. Connell with Mrs. Connell to the Luthers. Be sure to mention Mrs. Connell's masked intentions.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Mary Call Luther and Devola Luther. In what ways are they different? In what ways are they alike? How does their relationship change throughout the book?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)