|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the weather change in Chapter 10?
2. How will the Luthers earn their lunches?
3. Where do Kiser and Devola get married?
4. In Chapter 13, someone offers Mary Call a ride on her way to the hospital and takes her somewhere on the way. Where?
5. Who gets their teeth fixed?
Essay Topic 1
Describe two examples of Mary Call's major decisions in the book that affect the entire family but are made entirely on her own.
Essay Topic 2
How is Roy Luther an example of the price of pride? What does it mean in relation to Kiser's warning about the price of freedom?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Devola finally decide to marry Kiser Pease? Explain Mary Call's reaction and how her weakness begins to show at that point.
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)