|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kiser like when Mary Call sees him at the hospital?
2. What does Mary Call think Kiser will do if he finds out Roy Luther is dead?
3. Why doesn't Mary Call try to stop the wedding?
4. How long before Goldie says the Luthers have to be out of the house?
5. What is Goldie Pease astonished to hear in Chapter 11 when she visits the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the attitudes of Mr. Connell with Mrs. Connell to the Luthers. Be sure to mention Mrs. Connell's masked intentions.
Essay Topic 2
How is Roy Luther an example of the price of pride? What does it mean in relation to Kiser's warning about the price of freedom?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways do Mary Call's promises to her father on his deathbed make her life more difficult?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)