|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Kiser believe the person who proposes to him?
2. Mary Call says she would like to have a picture of her and Romey wildcrafting to put where someday?
3. Who does the family think has forgotten them?
4. What sign does the family put up outside the house in Chapter 9?
5. Why does Goldie get angry in Chapter 11 when she visits the Luther house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Thanksgiving dinner and their situation in general wearing on Mary Call in this chapter?
2. How does everyone react to the roof issue?
3. Why do you think Mary Call's worries are mostly gone?
4. How does Mary Call view education?
5. How is Goldie able to take the house from the Luthers?
6. Explain why Mary Call is worried when Kiser takes Devola off to get her license.
7. Why doesn't Mary Call think it's a good idea to have friends at school?
8. Is Kiser Pease going to take care of the Luthers?
9. Why does Mary Call decide to marry Kiser Pease? What does she think will happen?
10. What are Mary Call's plans for the cave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Roy Luther an example of the price of pride? What does it mean in relation to Kiser's warning about the price of freedom?
Essay Topic 2
What does it mean for the family when the roof collapses in Chapter 10? Who takes the damage the hardest and what is most frustrating to Mary Call at that point in their life?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways do Mary Call's promises to her father on his deathbed make her life more difficult?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)