|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Goldie take when she leaves the Luther's house?
2. Why is Mary Call upset with Romey in Chapter 12?
3. Who continues to talk about visiting the Luther house and attempts to in Chapter 9?
4. What does Mary pretend to need to buy more of at the store in Chapter 9?
5. What kind of weather is happening when Mary Call and Romey refuse the ride home from school in Chapter 9?
Essay Topic 1
Explore the theme of self-reliance in the novel. How is it clearly in Roy Luther? Mary Call? Romey?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Mary Call's frustration with herself in Chapter 11 when Goldie comes to visit the Luthers. Why does she get so mad at herself? In what ways do Romey and Mary Call switch roles when this happens?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the attitudes of Mr. Connell with Mrs. Connell to the Luthers. Be sure to mention Mrs. Connell's masked intentions.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)