|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Call Luther's family do for a living?
2. Romey wants to give his father a grand funeral like whose?
3. Who does Kiser Pease suggest the Luther family get help from?
4. What is Mary Call's opinion about Roy Luther and wildcrafting?
5. What is one thing that is dangerous about the mountains during wildcrafting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Kiser is evil deep down inside after seeing his reaction to Roy Luther's condition?
2. How does Mary think the younger kids see her?
3. How does wildcrafting help the Luther family?
4. What are the promises that Mary Call makes to her father?
5. In what ways have the Luther family's lives returned to normal?
6. What is revealed in Chapter 4 about what Mary Call plans to do if their father dies? Explain how it is revealed.
7. How does Devola remind Mary Call of Cosby Luther in this chapter, and how does she respond to it?
8. How does the blizzard take its toll on the Luthers?
9. How do the Luthers prepare for winter?
10. How is Goldie able to take the house from the Luthers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does it mean for the family when the roof collapses in Chapter 10? Who takes the damage the hardest and what is most frustrating to Mary Call at that point in their life?
Essay Topic 2
What is the meaning of the car for the Luther family and how does it lead to a break down in Mary Call's emotions?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Mary Call accept certain aspects of her life? How does this compare with her concerns about her ignorance and family's place in society? Does she feel she can change that part of the Luther family's life?
This section contains 1,356 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)