|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What still angers Mary Call about Kiser Pease in Chapter 12?
(a) His attitude.
(b) His teeth.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His witch's keyhole.
2. Who is Kiser angry with?
(a) Mary Call.
(b) Roy Luther.
3. Who goes out in the blizzard to look for the person who went to Kiser?
(a) Goldie Pease.
(b) Mary Call.
4. Who complains about the Thanksgiving dinner?
(a) Kiser Pease.
(c) Mary Call.
5. Which animal/animals are the first to live inside the Luther house?
(a) The pig and rooster.
(b) The cow.
(c) The rooster.
(d) Just the pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of ice cream do the Luthers have at the wedding in Chapter 14?
2. Who offers to give the Luther kids a ride home from school in Chapter 9?
3. What excuse does Mary Call use in Chapter 8 about where her father is?
4. How will the Luthers earn their lunches?
5. How does Kiser feel about the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Devola remind Mary Call of Cosby Luther in this chapter, and how does she respond to it?
2. How does Mary think the younger kids see her?
3. Why do you think Mary Call refuses Kiser's offer of money?
4. Describe Mary Call's hospital visit with Kiser Pease.
5. Is Kiser Pease going to take care of the Luthers?
6. Explain why Mary Call is worried when Kiser takes Devola off to get her license.
7. Explain what the coming of the early spring could symbolize for the Luther family and what it means when it is quickly taken away.
8. How do Romey and Mary Call switch roles in this chapter?
9. How does the blizzard take its toll on the Luthers?
10. Describe the continued feud between Mrs. Connell and Romey.
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)