|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary Call think Kiser will do if he finds out Roy Luther is dead?
(a) Take their land back.
(b) Move them all into his house.
(c) Send them all to a county home and marry Devola.
(d) Marry Mary Call.
2. What is most upsetting about the damage to the house after the snow?
(a) Their food is gone.
(b) Their mother's rocking chair is ruined.
(c) The animals were killed.
(d) Just the cow was killed.
3. What makes the person sharing a room with a cow worry about sharing a room?
(a) His size.
(b) His smell.
(c) His milking habits.
(d) The cow's toilet habits.
4. Who decides to marry Kiser Pease in Chapter 12?
(a) Mary Call.
(d) Mrs. Connell.
5. What kind of cow does Kiser bring Devola?
(a) A Hereford.
(b) A brown cow.
(c) A spotted cow.
(d) A baby cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Kiser if he wants to get married?
2. What kinds of food are the Luther family getting from the cow in Chapter 9?
3. Why is Kiser angry with this person?
4. Who sees Mary on the way to the hospital and offers her a ride?
5. How is Romey hurt in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mary Call get upset with Romey in Chapter 12? Be sure to note how pride factors into this.
2. How do the Luthers prepare for winter?
3. Describe how Mrs. Connell is scared away from the Luther house.
4. How does Mary Call view education?
5. Why doesn't Mary Call want Devola to marry Kiser Pease?
6. What are Mary Call's plans for the cave?
7. What is most upsetting to the family about the roof?
8. Describe the continued feud between Mrs. Connell and Romey.
9. How is Goldie able to take the house from the Luthers?
10. Why doesn't Mary Call think it's a good idea to have friends at school?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)