|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mary Call look for a cave?
(a) Sugar Boy.
(b) Old Joshua.
(c) The Witch's keyhole.
(d) Near the Graybeals.
2. What can't Romey and Mary Call hang out with their friends?
(a) They don't like their attitudes.
(b) Mary Call worries they will figure out Roy Luther is dead.
(c) They are worried about being teased.
(d) They do not have nice enough clothes.
3. How long does their winter typically last, according to Chapter 10?
(a) Two months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Six months.
4. What kind of wedding clothes does Devola get?
(a) An off-white dress.
(b) A white dress and white shoes.
(c) A purple dress.
(d) Yellow dress and yellow shoes.
5. Why does Mrs. Connell turn around before she gets to the door at her visit at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) She realizes Roy Luther is dead.
(b) She thinks she sees a bear.
(c) She gets mad at Mr. Connell.
(d) She sees a small pox sign.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Call take from the wall to go after Kiser with?
2. Who is happy to see the Luthers when they register for school?
3. How do Mary Call and Romey take advantage of the weather in Chapter 11 when the weather changes?
4. Mary Call says she would like to have a picture of her and Romey wildcrafting to put where someday?
5. Who sees Mary on the way to the hospital and offers her a ride?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mary Call's hospital visit with Kiser Pease.
2. How does Mary think the younger kids see her?
3. What are Mary Call's plans for the cave?
4. Is Kiser Pease going to take care of the Luthers?
5. Describe the continued feud between Mrs. Connell and Romey.
6. Why does Mary Call get upset with Romey in Chapter 12? Be sure to note how pride factors into this.
7. Explain what the coming of the early spring could symbolize for the Luther family and what it means when it is quickly taken away.
8. How does the blizzard take its toll on the Luthers?
9. Why do you think Mary Call's worries are mostly gone?
10. Explain why Mary Call is worried when Kiser takes Devola off to get her license.
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)