|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who scolds Romey in Chapter 8?
(a) Alma Graybeal.
(b) Miss Breathitt.
(c) Ima Dean.
(d) Mary Call.
2. Who gets their teeth fixed?
(a) Kiser Pease.
(b) Mary Call.
3. Who is sent to crash the alone time between Kiser and Devola?
(a) Mary Call.
(c) Ima Dean.
(d) Roy Luther.
4. What sign does the family put up outside the house in Chapter 9?
(a) Go away sign.
(c) Mad dog sign.
(d) Help sign.
5. When Romey and Mary Call return to the house, what do they see outside in Chapter 9?
(a) A car with Texas license plates.
(b) A car with Georgia license plates.
(c) A bear.
(d) A "mad dog" sign.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kiser have to talk through his teeth at the hospital?
2. Who does the family think has forgotten them?
3. Mary Call is so distracted by her conversation with Kiser Pease in Chapter 8 that she forgets what?
4. How old is Kiser Pease?
5. Why is Mary Call upset with Romey in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mary Call somewhat relieved when Kiser Pease is injured?
2. Why do you think Mary Call refuses Kiser's offer of money?
3. How is the Thanksgiving dinner and their situation in general wearing on Mary Call in this chapter?
4. What are Mary Call's plans for the cave?
5. How does the blizzard take its toll on the Luthers?
6. Once again, how do the other family members take out their frustration on Mary?
7. Compare and contrast the characters of Goldie Pease and Kiser Pease.
8. Why does Mary Call decide to marry Kiser Pease? What does she think will happen?
9. How does Mary Call view education?
10. Why doesn't Mary Call think it's a good idea to have friends at school?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)