|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to marry Kiser Pease in Chapter 12?
(b) Mary Call.
(d) Mrs. Connell.
2. How long before Goldie says the Luthers have to be out of the house?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) Two months.
(d) One week.
3. What is the reaction when Kiser rejects a marriage proposal?
(b) Screaming and throwing things.
(c) The person leaves the hospital.
4. Why does Kiser have to talk through his teeth at the hospital?
(a) His jaw is wired shut.
(b) He is worried about bad breath.
(c) He is so angry.
(d) He has bad teeth.
5. How are the Luthers preparing for winter?
(a) Gathering roots and bark and other wildcraft at dawn to make money.
(b) Working as servants to make extra money.
(c) Selling items from their house.
(d) Gathering logs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Roy Luther was alive, what was Thanksgiving like?
2. How is Romey hurt in Chapter 12?
3. Who sees Mary on the way to the hospital and offers her a ride?
4. What does Mary Call take from the wall to go after Kiser with?
5. Who gets their teeth fixed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does everyone react to the roof issue?
2. How is Goldie able to take the house from the Luthers?
3. How does Mary think the younger kids see her?
4. Why doesn't Mary Call try to stop the wedding between Devola and Kiser Pease?
5. Compare and contrast the characters of Goldie Pease and Kiser Pease.
6. Describe the continued feud between Mrs. Connell and Romey.
7. Why do you think Mary Call's worries are mostly gone?
8. Explain why Mary Call is worried when Kiser takes Devola off to get her license.
9. Why does Mary Call get upset with Romey in Chapter 12? Be sure to note how pride factors into this.
10. How does Mary Call view education?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)