|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Kiser Pease?
2. What does Mary Call think Kiser will do if he finds out Roy Luther is dead?
(a) Move them all into his house.
(b) Send them all to a county home and marry Devola.
(c) Marry Mary Call.
(d) Take their land back.
3. When Kiser marries Devola, he now knows what?
(a) That Roy Luther is dead.
(b) That he loves Devola.
(c) That Mary Call hates him.
(d) That he will never be part of the family.
4. Who is sharing a room with a cow?
(a) Ima Dean.
(c) Mary Call.
5. What happens to Kiser Pease in Chapter 7?
(a) He marries Devola.
(b) He gets injured.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He marries Mary Call.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of cow does Kiser bring Devola?
2. What does Mary Call take from the wall to go after Kiser with?
3. What excuse does Mary Call use in Chapter 8 about where her father is?
4. How will the Luthers earn their lunches?
5. Why does Mrs. Connell turn around before she gets to the door at her visit at the end of Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the coming of the early spring could symbolize for the Luther family and what it means when it is quickly taken away.
2. How does Mary think the younger kids see her?
3. Describe how Mrs. Connell is scared away from the Luther house.
4. Describe Mary Call's hospital visit with Kiser Pease.
5. Why doesn't Mary Call want Devola to marry Kiser Pease?
6. Describe the continued feud between Mrs. Connell and Romey.
7. Why doesn't Mary Call think it's a good idea to have friends at school?
8. How is Goldie able to take the house from the Luthers?
9. Why do you think Mary Call's worries are mostly gone?
10. Why do you think Mary Call refuses Kiser's offer of money?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)