|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the family think has forgotten them?
(a) The Lord.
(b) Goldie Pease.
(c) Mr. Connell.
(d) Kiser Pease.
2. What does Mary pretend to need to buy more of at the store in Chapter 9?
(a) Razors for her father.
3. What kind of cow does Kiser bring Devola?
(a) A Hereford.
(b) A spotted cow.
(c) A baby cow.
(d) A brown cow.
4. What kinds of food are the Luther family getting from the cow in Chapter 9?
(a) Just steak.
(b) Milk and cottage cheese.
(c) Steak and milk.
(d) Just milk.
5. How else does the blizzard affect the Luther house?
(a) They cannot get out of the house.
(b) They lose electricity.
(c) They cannot find their house.
(d) They cannot get in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Connell is looking for people to do what in November and December?
2. Who is happy to see the Luthers when they register for school?
3. Who scolds Romey in Chapter 8?
4. What excuse does Mary Call use in Chapter 8 about where her father is?
5. Who wants Kiser to buy the land and put it in Devola's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mary Call's hospital visit with Kiser Pease.
2. Why doesn't Mary Call think it's a good idea to have friends at school?
3. Compare and contrast the characters of Goldie Pease and Kiser Pease.
4. Explain what the coming of the early spring could symbolize for the Luther family and what it means when it is quickly taken away.
5. Describe how Mrs. Connell is scared away from the Luther house.
6. What are Mary Call's plans for the cave?
7. How does everyone react to the roof issue?
8. Why do you think Mary Call refuses Kiser's offer of money?
9. Why do you think Mary Call's worries are mostly gone?
10. Explain why Mary Call is worried when Kiser takes Devola off to get her license.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)