|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary Call think Kiser will do if he finds out Roy Luther is dead?
(a) Move them all into his house.
(b) Take their land back.
(c) Send them all to a county home and marry Devola.
(d) Marry Mary Call.
2. How is Romey hurt in Chapter 12?
(a) His arm.
(b) His ankle.
(c) His back.
(d) His leg.
3. What kind of ice cream do the Luthers have at the wedding in Chapter 14?
(c) Butter pecan.
4. In Chapter 13, someone offers Mary Call a ride on her way to the hospital and takes her somewhere on the way. Where?
(a) To lunch.
(b) To breakfast.
(c) To dinner.
(d) To the store.
5. What kind of wedding clothes does Devola get?
(a) A white dress and white shoes.
(b) An off-white dress.
(c) A purple dress.
(d) Yellow dress and yellow shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How will the Luthers earn their lunches?
2. What does Mary pretend to need to buy more of at the store in Chapter 9?
3. Who doesn't think they should buy Devola's wedding clothes?
4. When Romey and Mary Call return to the house, what do they see outside in Chapter 9?
5. Who does the bear skin belong to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Mary Call is worried when Kiser takes Devola off to get her license.
2. Why doesn't Mary Call want Devola to marry Kiser Pease?
3. How does Mary Call view education?
4. Once again, how do the other family members take out their frustration on Mary?
5. Describe how Mrs. Connell is scared away from the Luther house.
6. What is most upsetting to the family about the roof?
7. Why is Mary Call somewhat relieved when Kiser Pease is injured?
8. How does everyone react to the roof issue?
9. Describe the continued feud between Mrs. Connell and Romey.
10. Describe Mary Call's hospital visit with Kiser Pease.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)