|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Romey and Mary Call return to the house, what do they see outside in Chapter 9?
(a) A bear.
(b) A car with Georgia license plates.
(c) A car with Texas license plates.
(d) A "mad dog" sign.
2. Who complains that the kids are working too hard?
(a) Mrs. Connell.
(b) Mary Call.
(c) Mr. Connell.
3. Why does Mary Call lock the door?
(a) To keep out Kiser.
(b) To keep her siblings from taking the food.
(c) To keep the cow in place.
(d) To prevent surprise guests.
4. Who does the bear skin belong to?
(a) Mr. Connell.
(c) Kiser Pease.
5. Why is Kiser angry with this person?
(a) Because Goldie has not come to get him.
(b) Because he cannot get a hold of him.
(c) Because she refuses to marry him.
(d) Because Mary came alone for a visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary Call is so distracted by her conversation with Kiser Pease in Chapter 8 that she forgets what?
2. Who does not like the new arrangement after Devola and Kiser are married?
3. What still angers Mary Call about Kiser Pease in Chapter 12?
4. Why is Mary Call frustrated with herself after Goldie leaves?
5. Who is sharing a room with a cow?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Thanksgiving dinner and their situation in general wearing on Mary Call in this chapter?
2. Why doesn't Mary Call think it's a good idea to have friends at school?
3. What is most upsetting to the family about the roof?
4. Is Kiser Pease going to take care of the Luthers?
5. Explain why Mary Call is worried when Kiser takes Devola off to get her license.
6. How does Devola remind Mary Call of Cosby Luther in this chapter, and how does she respond to it?
7. What are Mary Call's plans for the cave?
8. Why doesn't Mary Call try to stop the wedding between Devola and Kiser Pease?
9. How does the blizzard take its toll on the Luthers?
10. How do the Luthers prepare for winter?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)