|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Kiser Pease in Chapter 7?
(a) He marries Devola.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He marries Mary Call.
(d) He gets injured.
2. Who does the bear skin belong to?
(a) Mr. Connell.
(d) Kiser Pease.
3. Why is Kiser angry with this person?
(a) Because Mary came alone for a visit.
(b) Because Goldie has not come to get him.
(c) Because he cannot get a hold of him.
(d) Because she refuses to marry him.
4. Mary Call says she would like to have a picture of her and Romey wildcrafting to put where someday?
(a) A big, new house.
(b) Her office.
(c) Devola's house with Kiser.
(d) Her bedroom.
5. When Roy Luther was alive, what was Thanksgiving like?
(a) They didn't celebrate Thanksgiving.
(b) They had plenty to eat both that day and the day after.
(c) They would stuff themselves, then starve the next day.
(d) They never had enough to eat on Thanksgiving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the person sharing a room with a cow worry about sharing a room?
2. Who gets their teeth fixed?
3. Who wants Kiser to buy the land and put it in Devola's name?
4. What is most upsetting about the damage to the house after the snow?
5. Who scolds Romey in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Mary Call think it's a good idea to have friends at school?
2. Why do you think Mary Call refuses Kiser's offer of money?
3. Describe Mary Call's hospital visit with Kiser Pease.
4. How does Mary think the younger kids see her?
5. How does Devola remind Mary Call of Cosby Luther in this chapter, and how does she respond to it?
6. How do the Luthers prepare for winter?
7. How does Mary Call view education?
8. Why doesn't Mary Call want Devola to marry Kiser Pease?
9. Once again, how do the other family members take out their frustration on Mary?
10. Why can't Mary Call ride home with the Graybeals even though it is raining?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)