|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Goldie get angry in Chapter 11 when she visits the Luther house?
(a) Because she says the house belongs to her, not Kiser.
(b) Because she gave the house to Kiser.
(c) Because she finds out Roy Luther died.
(d) Because she wanted to live in the house.
2. Mary Call says she would like to have a picture of her and Romey wildcrafting to put where someday?
(a) Her office.
(b) Her bedroom.
(c) A big, new house.
(d) Devola's house with Kiser.
3. Who gets stuck in the mud at the Luther house?
(a) Goldie Pease.
(c) Mary Call.
(d) Kiser Pease.
4. What does Kiser say he will build the Luthers?
(a) A new house.
(b) A guest house.
(c) A garage.
(d) A barn.
5. How else does the blizzard affect the Luther house?
(a) They cannot find their house.
(b) They cannot get in the house.
(c) They cannot get out of the house.
(d) They lose electricity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the family think has forgotten them?
2. Who does not like the new arrangement after Devola and Kiser are married?
3. How are the Luthers preparing for winter?
4. What kind of meat do the Luthers have stored in the house for the winter?
5. When Romey and Mary Call return to the house, what do they see outside in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mary Call somewhat relieved when Kiser Pease is injured?
2. Explain why Mary Call is worried when Kiser takes Devola off to get her license.
3. Describe Mary Call's hospital visit with Kiser Pease.
4. How do the Luthers prepare for winter?
5. Why does Mary Call get upset with Romey in Chapter 12? Be sure to note how pride factors into this.
6. Why doesn't Mary Call want Devola to marry Kiser Pease?
7. How do Romey and Mary Call switch roles in this chapter?
8. How does Mary Call view education?
9. How is Goldie able to take the house from the Luthers?
10. What is most upsetting to the family about the roof?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)