|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Kiser and Devola get married?
(a) By Cosby Luther's grave.
(b) Kiser's house.
(c) At the Connell's house.
(d) The Luther's house.
2. What is the principal of the school's name?
(a) Gaither Graybeal.
(b) Mrs. Connell.
(c) Alma Graybeal.
(d) Miss Breathitt.
3. What kind of cow does Kiser bring Devola?
(a) A spotted cow.
(b) A Hereford.
(c) A baby cow.
(d) A brown cow.
4. Who offers to give the Luther kids a ride home from school in Chapter 9?
(a) Kiser Pease.
(b) Mr. Connell.
(c) The Graybeals.
(d) Miss Breathitt.
5. What is Kiser like when Mary Call sees him at the hospital?
(b) He seems happy to see her.
(d) Frustrated when he sees her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the family think has forgotten them?
2. What kind of ice cream do the Luthers have at the wedding in Chapter 14?
3. Mary Call is so distracted by her conversation with Kiser Pease in Chapter 8 that she forgets what?
4. Who scolds Romey in Chapter 8?
5. Why does Goldie get angry in Chapter 11 when she visits the Luther house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Mary Call refuses Kiser's offer of money?
2. Explain what the coming of the early spring could symbolize for the Luther family and what it means when it is quickly taken away.
3. Describe the continued feud between Mrs. Connell and Romey.
4. Compare and contrast the characters of Goldie Pease and Kiser Pease.
5. Why is Mary Call somewhat relieved when Kiser Pease is injured?
6. Describe how Mrs. Connell is scared away from the Luther house.
7. Why doesn't Mary Call want Devola to marry Kiser Pease?
8. Explain why Mary Call is worried when Kiser takes Devola off to get her license.
9. Why does Mary Call get upset with Romey in Chapter 12? Be sure to note how pride factors into this.
10. How does everyone react to the roof issue?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)