|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, someone offers Mary Call a ride on her way to the hospital and takes her somewhere on the way. Where?
(a) To lunch.
(b) To the store.
(c) To dinner.
(d) To breakfast.
2. Who complains about the Thanksgiving dinner?
(b) Mary Call.
(c) Kiser Pease.
3. What kind of ice cream do the Luthers have at the wedding in Chapter 14?
(b) Butter pecan.
4. Whose shoes have given out due to the rough trails?
(a) Ima Dean's.
(b) Kiser Pease's.
(c) Mary Call's.
5. Why doesn't Mary Call try to stop the wedding?
(a) She sees Devola is happy.
(b) She thinks there is no way a judge would believe her.
(c) She likes Kiser now.
(d) Kiser has paid her off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What takes the snow away?
2. What sign does the family put up outside the house in Chapter 9?
3. Who does the bear skin belong to?
4. What does the blizzard do to the Luther's food?
5. Who sees Mary on the way to the hospital and offers her a ride?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mary think the younger kids see her?
2. Why do you think Mary Call's worries are mostly gone?
3. How do Romey and Mary Call switch roles in this chapter?
4. Describe how Mrs. Connell is scared away from the Luther house.
5. What are Mary Call's plans for the cave?
6. What is most upsetting to the family about the roof?
7. Why doesn't Mary Call think it's a good idea to have friends at school?
8. Explain what the coming of the early spring could symbolize for the Luther family and what it means when it is quickly taken away.
9. How does Mary Call view education?
10. How is Goldie able to take the house from the Luthers?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)