|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can't Romey and Mary Call hang out with their friends?
(a) They are worried about being teased.
(b) They do not have nice enough clothes.
(c) They don't like their attitudes.
(d) Mary Call worries they will figure out Roy Luther is dead.
2. Which animal/animals are the first to live inside the Luther house?
(a) Just the pig.
(b) The rooster.
(c) The cow.
(d) The pig and rooster.
3. How do Mary Call and Romey take advantage of the weather in Chapter 11 when the weather changes?
(a) They clean the house.
(b) They go swimming.
(c) They go wildcrafting.
(d) They cut the grass.
4. How does Kiser feel about the hospital?
(a) He likes it.
(b) He wants to get out.
(c) The food is not good.
(d) The nurses are mean.
5. What kind of cow does Kiser bring Devola?
(a) A Hereford.
(b) A baby cow.
(c) A brown cow.
(d) A spotted cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sign does the family put up outside the house in Chapter 9?
2. What still angers Mary Call about Kiser Pease in Chapter 12?
3. Who wants Goldie Pease to go over to the Luther's and talk to Roy?
4. Who does the bear skin belong to?
5. Who decides to marry Kiser Pease in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the coming of the early spring could symbolize for the Luther family and what it means when it is quickly taken away.
2. Why does Mary Call get upset with Romey in Chapter 12? Be sure to note how pride factors into this.
3. How does Devola remind Mary Call of Cosby Luther in this chapter, and how does she respond to it?
4. Describe Mary Call's hospital visit with Kiser Pease.
5. Why doesn't Mary Call try to stop the wedding between Devola and Kiser Pease?
6. Why doesn't Mary Call think it's a good idea to have friends at school?
7. Is Kiser Pease going to take care of the Luthers?
8. How does Mary Call view education?
9. Why do you think Mary Call's worries are mostly gone?
10. Once again, how do the other family members take out their frustration on Mary?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)