|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Kiser and Devola get married?
(a) By Cosby Luther's grave.
(b) The Luther's house.
(c) At the Connell's house.
(d) Kiser's house.
2. What kinds of food are the Luther family getting from the cow in Chapter 9?
(a) Steak and milk.
(b) Just milk.
(c) Milk and cottage cheese.
(d) Just steak.
3. Who complains that the kids are working too hard?
(a) Mrs. Connell.
(c) Mary Call.
(d) Mr. Connell.
4. When Kiser marries Devola, he now knows what?
(a) That Roy Luther is dead.
(b) That he loves Devola.
(c) That he will never be part of the family.
(d) That Mary Call hates him.
5. Who gets stuck in the mud at the Luther house?
(a) Kiser Pease.
(b) Mary Call.
(d) Goldie Pease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Mary Call try to stop the wedding?
2. Who goes out in the blizzard to look for the person who went to Kiser?
3. What excuse does Mary Call use in Chapter 8 about where her father is?
4. Where does Mary Call consider taking her family to live?
5. Who does the bear skin belong to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Thanksgiving dinner and their situation in general wearing on Mary Call in this chapter?
2. How does the blizzard take its toll on the Luthers?
3. Why is Mary Call somewhat relieved when Kiser Pease is injured?
4. Why doesn't Mary Call think it's a good idea to have friends at school?
5. What is most upsetting to the family about the roof?
6. Why do you think Mary Call refuses Kiser's offer of money?
7. Why doesn't Mary Call want Devola to marry Kiser Pease?
8. How is Goldie able to take the house from the Luthers?
9. Why does Mary Call decide to marry Kiser Pease? What does she think will happen?
10. How do Romey and Mary Call switch roles in this chapter?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)