|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Romey and Mary Call return to the house, what do they see outside in Chapter 9?
(a) A "mad dog" sign.
(b) A car with Texas license plates.
(c) A car with Georgia license plates.
(d) A bear.
2. Who is sent to crash the alone time between Kiser and Devola?
(a) Mary Call.
(b) Roy Luther.
(d) Ima Dean.
3. What kind of reaction does Mary Call give Kiser when he offers to give her money?
(a) Resists, but then eventually accepts.
(b) Gladly accepts.
(c) Accepts, but begins to cry.
(d) Refuses, saying he married Devola, not all them.
4. Where does Mary Call consider taking her family to live?
(a) With Kiser.
(b) A county boarding house.
(c) A cave.
5. What is most upsetting about the damage to the house after the snow?
(a) The animals were killed.
(b) Just the cow was killed.
(c) Their food is gone.
(d) Their mother's rocking chair is ruined.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets their teeth fixed?
2. What kind of cow does Kiser bring Devola?
3. What else does Goldie take when she leaves the Luther's house?
4. What excuse does Mary Call use in Chapter 8 about where her father is?
5. Who is making roping for holiday decorations?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the coming of the early spring could symbolize for the Luther family and what it means when it is quickly taken away.
2. Why is Mary Call somewhat relieved when Kiser Pease is injured?
3. How does Mary Call view education?
4. Describe how Mrs. Connell is scared away from the Luther house.
5. What are Mary Call's plans for the cave?
6. Why can't Mary Call ride home with the Graybeals even though it is raining?
7. How does Devola remind Mary Call of Cosby Luther in this chapter, and how does she respond to it?
8. Describe the continued feud between Mrs. Connell and Romey.
9. Why does Mary Call decide to marry Kiser Pease? What does she think will happen?
10. How does everyone react to the roof issue?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)