|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Devola dream about buying with the money from wildcrafting?
(a) A book.
(b) A car.
(c) Ice cream.
(d) A present for Roy Luther.
2. What do the Luthers discover about wildcrafting?
(a) It is easier than they thought.
(b) They are really good at it.
(c) They are really bad at it.
(d) It is harder than they thought.
3. When he is sick, who does Kiser mistake Mary Call for?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His wife.
4. Who is the Luther family's neighbor?
(a) The Connells.
(b) Goldie Pease.
(d) Kiser Pease.
5. Why is Mary putting off the trip to the store?
(a) She doesn't want to see Mrs. Connell.
(b) Because it is so far away.
(c) Because she is lazy and does not want to go.
(d) Because it is winter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roy Luther refuse to see a doctor?
2. Who brings over a car to the Luther household?
3. After her parents died, who did Mrs. Connell live with?
4. Who does Kiser Pease suggest the Luther family get help from?
5. Who takes the goldenseal to Mr. Connell in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Mary Call dreams about marrying Kiser Pease?
2. What characteristics does Mary have that are probably the reasons why her father has left her in charge?
3. Why does Mary Call decide to help Kiser after they find him ill?
4. Why does Ima Dean throw out the candy Mrs. Connell gave them?
5. Why does Mary Call chastise Romey in Chapter 4?
6. How does Romey react when he finds out about his father's death?
7. Who is the first person to show up after Roy Luther's death, and how does Mary Call put this person off?
8. Although Kiser is obviously wealthy and Mary knows that, what about him is she not willing to acknowledge?
9. How is Roy Luther's refusal to see a doctor indicative of stereotypes of mountain people?
10. Why is Kiser so eager to please the Luthers?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)