Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After her parents died, who did Mrs. Connell live with?
(a) Mr. Connell.
(b) A loving family.
(c) A cruel aunt.
(d) A cruel uncle.
2. What does Romey daydream about buying with the money from wildcrafting?
(a) A book.
(b) Ice cream.
(c) Yellow shoes.
(d) A car.
3. Who gets caught in the rain and takes shelter on Kiser's porch?
(a) Romey and Mary.
(b) Devola and Mary.
(c) Ima Dean and Devola.
(d) Romey and Devola.
4. Who mentions that they haven't seen Kiser Pease in a few days and he might be sick?
(b) Mary Call.
(d) Roy Luther.
5. While Kiser is sick, what do the Luther children enjoy?
(a) His car.
(b) His bed.
(c) His food.
(d) His house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Mary Call does to help Kiser when he is sick?
2. When Kiser comes out after speaking to Roy Luther, what is his attitude?
3. What do the two sisters do for money in the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. How has Mr. Connell treated the Luthers?
5. In Chapter 7, Mary Call contemplates what for the first time in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Although Kiser is obviously wealthy and Mary knows that, what about him is she not willing to acknowledge?
2. How does everyone react to the roof issue?
3. Why doesn't Mary Call want Devola to marry Kiser Pease?
4. Explain what the coming of the early spring could symbolize for the Luther family and what it means when it is quickly taken away.
5. How does wildcrafting help the Luther family?
6. Why doesn't Mary Call think it's a good idea to have friends at school?
7. How do the Luthers prepare for winter?
8. Why do you think Mary Call's worries are mostly gone?
9. What are the reasons why Mary Call is putting off the trip to the store?
10. Who is the first person to show up after Roy Luther's death, and how does Mary Call put this person off?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)