|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Mary Call wraps Kiser in the onions?
(a) He has a heart attack.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He begins to sweat.
(d) He gets sad.
2. When he is sick, who does Kiser mistake Mary Call for?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His father.
3. What is the name of Cosby Luther's book that Mary Call goes to find in Chapter 3?
(a) Wildcrafting: A Guide.
(b) Cosby Luther's Guide to Wildcrafting.
(d) A Guide to Wildcrafting.
4. What happens when Romey tries to teach Mary Call how to drive?
(a) Devola starts to cry.
(b) She backs into their fence.
(c) They get into a huge fight.
(d) She does excellent.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 3, how much money does the Luther family have in their money box?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mary Call's mother?
2. Who is the owner of the general store?
3. Who is the oldest sister in the Luther family?
4. What does Mary Call Luther's family do for a living?
5. When Kiser comes out after speaking to Roy Luther, what is his attitude?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Romey react when he finds out about his father's death?
2. How do Romey and Mary Call switch roles in this chapter?
3. How does Mary think the younger kids see her?
4. How is the Thanksgiving dinner and their situation in general wearing on Mary Call in this chapter?
5. What are the promises that Mary Call makes to her father?
6. Why doesn't Mary Call want Devola to marry Kiser Pease?
7. Why can't Mary Call ride home with the Graybeals even though it is raining?
8. How is Roy Luther's refusal to see a doctor indicative of stereotypes of mountain people?
9. Why do you think Mary Call refuses Kiser's offer of money?
10. One of Mary Call's promises to her father has to do with charity. How is Mary Call similar to her father in this view?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)