|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roy Luther refuse to see a doctor?
(a) Because no doctors live close by.
(b) They made him sick once.
(c) Because he is tired of doctor visits.
(d) Because one killed his mother.
2. Who takes the goldenseal to Mr. Connell in Chapter 5?
(a) Kiser Pease.
(b) Mary Call, Ima Dean and Romey.
(d) Roy Luther.
3. In Chapter One, how old is Mary Call Luther?
4. Who plans to visit Roy Luther in Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Connell.
(b) Both Mr. and Mrs. Connell.
(c) Mrs. Connell.
(d) The stock boy.
5. Romey says what about the burial on the way back home?
(a) That he thinks it was decent.
(b) It was not ever going to be good enough.
(c) The burial made him angry.
(d) Mary Call made the wrong choice.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he is sick, who does Kiser mistake Mary Call for?
2. Who drives circles in the front yard?
3. What happens when Mary Call wraps Kiser in the onions?
4. Why is Mary putting off the trip to the store?
5. When Kiser comes out after speaking to Roy Luther, what is his attitude?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Romey and Mary Call realize about their father in burying him?
2. What leads up to Mary Call's breakdown with the children in Chapter 7?
3. Why does Mary Call chastise Romey in Chapter 4?
4. Why do you think Devola is silent when she learns of her father's death?
5. How is Roy Luther's refusal to see a doctor indicative of stereotypes of mountain people?
6. What are the reasons why Mary Call is putting off the trip to the store?
7. Why do you think Mary Call dreams about marrying Kiser Pease?
8. Why does Mary Call decide to help Kiser after they find him ill?
9. Why does Ima Dean throw out the candy Mrs. Connell gave them?
10. Is Mary Call using Devola to further the family's situation? Why or why not?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)