|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drives circles in the front yard?
(a) Mary Call.
(c) Ima Dean.
2. Who notices that Roy Luther is not in the house when the children are gone?
(a) Kiser Pease.
(b) Mrs. Connell.
(c) Mr. Connell.
(d) The doctor.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 3, how much money does the Luther family have in their money box?
4. Who has a witch's keyhole in his chimney?
(a) Kiser Pease.
(b) Mr. Connell.
(c) The traveler.
(d) Roy Luther.
5. Mary Call has promised not to take Roy Luther where after his death?
(a) To the mountain.
(b) To his mother's plot.
(c) To an undertaker.
(d) To the backyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Kiser is sick, what do the Luther children enjoy?
2. What happens when Mary Call wraps Kiser in the onions?
3. Who tells Mary Call that he knows how to drive?
4. After Roy Luther gets sick, what happens to his body?
5. Where does Mary Call find Cosby Luther's book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mary Call feel angry during Kiser's visit?
2. One of Mary Call's promises to her father has to do with charity. How is Mary Call similar to her father in this view?
3. How does Mary Call contradict herself when she tells Romey to leave an IOU?
4. Why do you think Mary Call dreams about marrying Kiser Pease?
5. Devola is the oldest sister of the Luther family, but in what ways does Mary Call take on that roll?
6. Who is the first person to show up after Roy Luther's death, and how does Mary Call put this person off?
7. What is revealed in Chapter 4 about what Mary Call plans to do if their father dies? Explain how it is revealed.
8. Why does Mary Call decide to help Kiser after they find him ill?
9. How does Romey react when he finds out about his father's death?
10. In what ways is wildcrafting more difficult than the Luthers thought?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)