|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is on their deathbed?
(a) Mary Call Luther.
(b) Devola Luther.
(c) Roy Luther.
(d) Kiser Pease.
2. In the midst of the breakdown, who is attacked by hornets?
(a) Ima Dean.
(b) Kiser Pease.
(d) Mary Call.
3. What does Ima Dean want to buy herself with the money from wildcrafting?
(a) A present for their father.
(b) A book.
(c) Yellow shoes.
(d) A car.
4. What does Mary Call say about Roy Luther in Chapter 7 to Kiser Pease?
(a) He has died.
(b) She is not allowing visitors.
(c) He is eating his breakfast.
(d) He is sleeping late.
5. Who asks Mary Call to get razors at the store?
(c) Ima Dean.
(d) Kiser Pease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Devola's reaction when she hears of her father's death?
2. While Kiser is sick, what do the Luther children enjoy?
3. Who at the store looks down on the Luthers and does not like them?
4. Who tells Mary Call that he knows how to drive?
5. What does Kiser Pease give Devola in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of sickness does Roy Luther likely have that altered the look of his face? What makes you think so?
2. Although Kiser is obviously wealthy and Mary knows that, what about him is she not willing to acknowledge?
3. How does Romey react when he finds out about his father's death?
4. How is Roy Luther's refusal to see a doctor indicative of stereotypes of mountain people?
5. Do you think Kiser is evil deep down inside after seeing his reaction to Roy Luther's condition?
6. Why do you think Devola is silent when she learns of her father's death?
7. What happens when Mary Call tells Kiser in Chapter 3 about the paper he signed?
8. What is revealed in Chapter 4 about what Mary Call plans to do if their father dies? Explain how it is revealed.
9. Devola is the oldest sister of the Luther family, but in what ways does Mary Call take on that roll?
10. What are the reasons why Mary Call is putting off the trip to the store?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)