|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, we find out which mountain range the Luthers live on. Where?
(a) Smoky Mountains.
(b) Rocky Mountains.
2. After her parents died, who did Mrs. Connell live with?
(a) Mr. Connell.
(b) A loving family.
(c) A cruel uncle.
(d) A cruel aunt.
3. Who brings over a car to the Luther household?
(a) Kiser Pease.
(b) Mr. Connell.
(c) Mrs. Connell.
(d) The doctor.
4. When Kiser comes out after speaking to Roy Luther, what is his attitude?
5. Who tells Mary Call that he knows how to drive?
(c) Kiser Pease.
(d) Ima Dean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kiser Pease suggest the Luther family get help from?
2. Who has a witch's keyhole in his chimney?
3. Who does Mary Call tell not to listen at the door when Kiser is in with Roy Luther?
4. When Mary Call sees a figure outside one night, who does she think it is?
5. Who drives circles in the front yard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mary Call chastise Romey in Chapter 4?
2. Why do you think Mary Call dreams about marrying Kiser Pease?
3. One of Mary Call's promises to her father has to do with charity. How is Mary Call similar to her father in this view?
4. What kind of sickness does Roy Luther likely have that altered the look of his face? What makes you think so?
5. Why do you think Devola is silent when she learns of her father's death?
6. What do Romey and Mary Call realize about their father in burying him?
7. How does Mary Call contradict herself when she tells Romey to leave an IOU?
8. Is Mary Call using Devola to further the family's situation? Why or why not?
9. What is revealed in Chapter 4 about what Mary Call plans to do if their father dies? Explain how it is revealed.
10. What leads up to Mary Call's breakdown with the children in Chapter 7?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)