|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Kiser tell Mary Call they can stay on without charge?
(a) Through the summer.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One year.
(d) Through the winter.
2. Who gets caught in the rain and takes shelter on Kiser's porch?
(a) Romey and Mary.
(b) Ima Dean and Devola.
(c) Romey and Devola.
(d) Devola and Mary.
3. Who drives circles in the front yard?
(b) Ima Dean.
(c) Mary Call.
4. When Mary Call sees a figure outside one night, who does she think it is?
(b) Kiser Pease.
(c) Her mother.
(d) A ghost.
5. Romey wants to give his father a grand funeral like whose?
(a) Mrs. Connells' parents.
(b) A king.
(c) The mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Romey says what about the burial on the way back home?
2. Who notices that Roy Luther is not in the house when the children are gone?
3. What is Mary Call's opinion about Roy Luther and wildcrafting?
4. Who brings over a car to the Luther household?
5. What happens when Romey becomes upset in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What characteristics does Mary have that are probably the reasons why her father has left her in charge?
2. What do Romey and Mary Call realize about their father in burying him?
3. Do you think Kiser is evil deep down inside after seeing his reaction to Roy Luther's condition?
4. Why does Ima Dean throw out the candy Mrs. Connell gave them?
5. How does Mary Call try to hide that their father has died from the other children?
6. In what ways are the Connells opposites of each other?
7. In what ways is wildcrafting more difficult than the Luthers thought?
8. What are the promises that Mary Call makes to her father?
9. What kind of sickness does Roy Luther likely have that altered the look of his face? What makes you think so?
10. Who is the first person to show up after Roy Luther's death, and how does Mary Call put this person off?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)