|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kiser Pease suggest the Luther family get help from?
(a) The state.
(b) Mr. Connell.
(c) His sister.
(d) The county.
2. What happens when Mary Call wraps Kiser in the onions?
(a) He has a heart attack.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He gets sad.
(d) He begins to sweat.
3. In Chapter One, how old is Mary Call Luther?
4. In the midst of the breakdown, who is attacked by hornets?
(a) Kiser Pease.
(b) Ima Dean.
(d) Mary Call.
5. Where do they find Kiser Pease in Chapter 2?
(a) Passed out on the davenport.
(b) Lying on the floor of the kitchen.
(c) Passed out in bed.
(d) Sitting in his chair unresponsive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Luther family's neighbor?
2. What does Romey tell Mr. Connell he will do if he encounters snakes?
3. What happens when Romey tries to teach Mary Call how to drive?
4. Why does Roy Luther refuse to see a doctor?
5. Which character is on their deathbed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the first person to show up after Roy Luther's death, and how does Mary Call put this person off?
2. Devola is the oldest sister of the Luther family, but in what ways does Mary Call take on that roll?
3. In what ways are the Connells opposites of each other?
4. Do you think Kiser is evil deep down inside after seeing his reaction to Roy Luther's condition?
5. Why does Mary Call decide to help Kiser after they find him ill?
6. How does Romey react when he finds out about his father's death?
7. How does Mary Call contradict herself when she tells Romey to leave an IOU?
8. How does Mary Call try to hide that their father has died from the other children?
9. What are the reasons why Mary Call is putting off the trip to the store?
10. Why does Ima Dean throw out the candy Mrs. Connell gave them?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)