|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Kiser comes out after speaking to Roy Luther, what is his attitude?
2. Who loses their temper in Chapter 7 when things go wrong?
(a) Mary Call.
(c) Kiser Pease.
(d) Ima Dean.
3. What does Romey tell Mr. Connell he will do if he encounters snakes?
(a) Proceed cautiously.
(b) Run away.
(c) Catch them with a net.
(d) Kick them in the behind.
4. Who gets caught in the rain and takes shelter on Kiser's porch?
(a) Romey and Devola.
(b) Ima Dean and Devola.
(c) Devola and Mary.
(d) Romey and Mary.
5. Who asks Mary Call to get razors at the store?
(a) Kiser Pease.
(d) Ima Dean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Call Luther's family do for a living?
2. Who does Mary Call tell not to listen at the door when Kiser is in with Roy Luther?
3. When he is sick, who does Kiser mistake Mary Call for?
4. What do the Luthers discover about wildcrafting?
5. In Chapter 7, Mary Call contemplates what for the first time in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the reasons why Mary Call is putting off the trip to the store?
2. Why does Mary Call decide to marry Kiser Pease? What does she think will happen?
3. Why do you think Devola is silent when she learns of her father's death?
4. What characteristics does Mary have that are probably the reasons why her father has left her in charge?
5. How does Devola remind Mary Call of Cosby Luther in this chapter, and how does she respond to it?
6. Is Mary Call using Devola to further the family's situation? Why or why not?
7. Why do you think Mary Call dreams about marrying Kiser Pease?
8. Devola is the oldest sister of the Luther family, but in what ways does Mary Call take on that roll?
9. How does wildcrafting help the Luther family?
10. Why do you think Mary Call's worries are mostly gone?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)