|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose shoes have given out due to the rough trails?
(a) Ima Dean's.
(b) Mary Call's.
(d) Kiser Pease's.
2. Who wants Kiser to buy the land and put it in Devola's name?
(b) Mary Call.
(c) Goldie Pease.
(d) Mr. Connell.
3. What happens to Kiser Pease in Chapter 7?
(a) He marries Mary Call.
(b) He gets injured.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He marries Devola.
4. Who wants Goldie Pease to go over to the Luther's and talk to Roy?
(a) Mrs. Connell.
(b) Kiser Pease.
(c) Mr. Connell.
(d) The doctor.
5. When does the weather change in Chapter 10?
(a) At the end of October.
(b) In December.
(c) At the end of November.
(d) At the beginning of October.
6. What happens to the house after it snows?
(a) It gets drafty.
(b) The house entirely collapses.
(c) Part of their roof gives out.
(d) It gets warm.
7. What takes the snow away?
(a) A snowplow.
(b) A thunderstorm.
(c) The wind.
(d) The rain.
8. What is the principal of the school's name?
(a) Mrs. Connell.
(b) Miss Breathitt.
(c) Alma Graybeal.
(d) Gaither Graybeal.
9. What kind of weather is happening when Mary Call and Romey refuse the ride home from school in Chapter 9?
(a) It's raining.
(b) It's sunny.
(c) It's snowing.
(d) It's hailing.
10. Why does Mary Call lock the door?
(a) To keep out Kiser.
(b) To prevent surprise guests.
(c) To keep the cow in place.
(d) To keep her siblings from taking the food.
11. Why is Mary Call frustrated with herself after Goldie leaves?
(a) She is mad at Ima Dean.
(b) She is mad that she didn't realize the deal wasn't legal.
(c) She is mad at Romey.
(d) She is mad Goldie found out about Roy Luther.
12. How is Romey hurt in Chapter 12?
(a) His arm.
(b) His leg.
(c) His ankle.
(d) His back.
13. Where does Mary Call consider taking her family to live?
(a) With Kiser.
(b) A cave.
(c) A county boarding house.
14. When Kiser marries Devola, he now knows what?
(a) That Mary Call hates him.
(b) That Roy Luther is dead.
(c) That he will never be part of the family.
(d) That he loves Devola.
15. What sign does the family put up outside the house in Chapter 9?
(a) Go away sign.
(c) Mad dog sign.
(d) Help sign.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Roy Luther was alive, what was Thanksgiving like?
2. Who complains about the Thanksgiving dinner?
3. What does Mary Call think Kiser will do if he finds out Roy Luther is dead?
4. What is Kiser like when Mary Call sees him at the hospital?
5. Why does Goldie get angry in Chapter 11 when she visits the Luther house?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)