|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Kiser Pease in Chapter 7?
(a) He is arrested.
(b) He marries Mary Call.
(c) He gets injured.
(d) He marries Devola.
2. What is Kiser like when Mary Call sees him at the hospital?
(c) Frustrated when he sees her.
(d) He seems happy to see her.
3. Why is Mary Call upset with Romey in Chapter 12?
(a) He ate too much food.
(b) He yelled at her.
(c) Because he was going to beg to Kiser.
(d) He cried.
4. What kind of meat do the Luthers have stored in the house for the winter?
(a) Salted pork.
(c) Beef jerky.
5. What kind of reaction does Mary Call give Kiser when he offers to give her money?
(a) Resists, but then eventually accepts.
(b) Gladly accepts.
(c) Refuses, saying he married Devola, not all them.
(d) Accepts, but begins to cry.
6. How does Kiser feel about the hospital?
(a) He likes it.
(b) The food is not good.
(c) He wants to get out.
(d) The nurses are mean.
7. Who does the bear skin belong to?
(c) Kiser Pease.
(d) Mr. Connell.
8. What is Goldie Pease astonished to hear in Chapter 11 when she visits the house?
(a) That the Luthers do wildcrafting.
(b) That Roy Luther is dead.
(c) That the Luthers now own the house.
(d) That Devola might marry Kiser.
9. Mary Call says she would like to have a picture of her and Romey wildcrafting to put where someday?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) Her office.
(c) A big, new house.
(d) Devola's house with Kiser.
10. Why does Goldie get angry in Chapter 11 when she visits the Luther house?
(a) Because she wanted to live in the house.
(b) Because she finds out Roy Luther died.
(c) Because she says the house belongs to her, not Kiser.
(d) Because she gave the house to Kiser.
11. When Roy Luther was alive, what was Thanksgiving like?
(a) They had plenty to eat both that day and the day after.
(b) They never had enough to eat on Thanksgiving.
(c) They didn't celebrate Thanksgiving.
(d) They would stuff themselves, then starve the next day.
12. What excuse does Mary Call use in Chapter 8 about where her father is?
(a) She says he is at a doctor's appointment.
(b) She says he with the Connells.
(c) She says she has sent him up to the mountain to dig roots.
(d) She says he is sleeping again.
13. Who complains about the Thanksgiving dinner?
(b) Mary Call.
(c) Kiser Pease.
14. Why is Kiser angry with this person?
(a) Because he cannot get a hold of him.
(b) Because Mary came alone for a visit.
(c) Because Goldie has not come to get him.
(d) Because she refuses to marry him.
15. Which animal/animals are the first to live inside the Luther house?
(a) The pig and rooster.
(b) The cow.
(c) The rooster.
(d) Just the pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sneaks off in the blizzard to talk to Kiser?
2. How else does the blizzard affect the Luther house?
3. How are the Luthers preparing for winter?
4. What happens to the house after it snows?
5. What kind of cow does Kiser bring Devola?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)