|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How will the Luthers earn their lunches?
(a) By selling roots to the principal.
(b) Extra homework.
(c) By doing yard work.
(d) By working in the cafeteria.
2. What happens to the house after it snows?
(a) It gets drafty.
(b) It gets warm.
(c) Part of their roof gives out.
(d) The house entirely collapses.
3. What does Mary pretend to need to buy more of at the store in Chapter 9?
(c) Razors for her father.
4. Whose shoes have given out due to the rough trails?
(b) Ima Dean's.
(c) Kiser Pease's.
(d) Mary Call's.
5. How do Mary Call and Romey take advantage of the weather in Chapter 11 when the weather changes?
(a) They go wildcrafting.
(b) They cut the grass.
(c) They go swimming.
(d) They clean the house.
6. Where do Kiser and Devola get married?
(a) By Cosby Luther's grave.
(b) Kiser's house.
(c) The Luther's house.
(d) At the Connell's house.
7. Who admits they were wrong about Devola?
(a) Roy Luther.
(b) Mary Call.
(d) Mrs. Connell.
8. Who goes out in the blizzard to look for the person who went to Kiser?
(a) Goldie Pease.
(b) Mary Call.
9. In Chapter 13, someone offers Mary Call a ride on her way to the hospital and takes her somewhere on the way. Where?
(a) To the store.
(b) To dinner.
(c) To breakfast.
(d) To lunch.
10. How long before Goldie says the Luthers have to be out of the house?
(a) One week.
(b) One year.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two months.
11. How else does the blizzard affect the Luther house?
(a) They cannot get out of the house.
(b) They cannot get in the house.
(c) They lose electricity.
(d) They cannot find their house.
12. What happens to Kiser Pease in Chapter 7?
(a) He marries Devola.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He gets injured.
(d) He marries Mary Call.
13. What is Kiser like when Mary Call sees him at the hospital?
(c) He seems happy to see her.
(d) Frustrated when he sees her.
14. What makes the person sharing a room with a cow worry about sharing a room?
(a) His smell.
(b) The cow's toilet habits.
(c) His milking habits.
(d) His size.
15. What kinds of food are the Luther family getting from the cow in Chapter 9?
(a) Milk and cottage cheese.
(b) Just steak.
(c) Just milk.
(d) Steak and milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to marry Kiser Pease in Chapter 12?
2. What kind of cow does Kiser bring Devola?
3. What still angers Mary Call about Kiser Pease in Chapter 12?
4. Who wants Goldie Pease to go over to the Luther's and talk to Roy?
5. Who gets stuck in the mud at the Luther house?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)