|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Goldie Pease astonished to hear in Chapter 11 when she visits the house?
(a) That the Luthers do wildcrafting.
(b) That the Luthers now own the house.
(c) That Devola might marry Kiser.
(d) That Roy Luther is dead.
2. Who sneaks off in the blizzard to talk to Kiser?
(c) Ima Dean.
(d) Mary Call.
3. What is the principal of the school's name?
(a) Gaither Graybeal.
(b) Alma Graybeal.
(c) Mrs. Connell.
(d) Miss Breathitt.
4. Who is sharing a room with a cow?
(a) Ima Dean.
(d) Mary Call.
5. What sign does the family put up outside the house in Chapter 9?
(a) Go away sign.
(b) Mad dog sign.
(d) Help sign.
6. Which animal/animals are the first to live inside the Luther house?
(a) The cow.
(b) The rooster.
(c) The pig and rooster.
(d) Just the pig.
7. Who admits they were wrong about Devola?
(a) Mary Call.
(b) Roy Luther.
(d) Mrs. Connell.
8. What excuse does Mary Call use in Chapter 8 about where her father is?
(a) She says he is sleeping again.
(b) She says he with the Connells.
(c) She says she has sent him up to the mountain to dig roots.
(d) She says he is at a doctor's appointment.
9. Mary Call says she would like to have a picture of her and Romey wildcrafting to put where someday?
(a) A big, new house.
(b) Her office.
(c) Devola's house with Kiser.
(d) Her bedroom.
10. How long does their winter typically last, according to Chapter 10?
(a) Six months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Two months.
11. Mr. Connell is looking for people to do what in November and December?
(a) Work at the store.
(b) Make roping.
(c) Clean the store.
(d) Bring in wildcrafting items.
12. What kind of reaction does Mary Call give Kiser when he offers to give her money?
(a) Resists, but then eventually accepts.
(b) Refuses, saying he married Devola, not all them.
(c) Accepts, but begins to cry.
(d) Gladly accepts.
13. Where do Kiser and Devola get married?
(a) Kiser's house.
(b) The Luther's house.
(c) At the Connell's house.
(d) By Cosby Luther's grave.
14. Who does the bear skin belong to?
(a) Kiser Pease.
(d) Mr. Connell.
15. How will the Luthers earn their lunches?
(a) By working in the cafeteria.
(b) By selling roots to the principal.
(c) Extra homework.
(d) By doing yard work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to give the Luther kids a ride home from school in Chapter 9?
2. Where does Mary Call look for a cave?
3. What does the blizzard do to the Luther's food?
4. What does Kiser say he will build the Luthers?
5. Who is happy to see the Luthers when they register for school?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)