|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What takes the snow away?
(a) A snowplow.
(b) A thunderstorm.
(c) The wind.
(d) The rain.
2. Why does Mary Call lock the door?
(a) To prevent surprise guests.
(b) To keep the cow in place.
(c) To keep out Kiser.
(d) To keep her siblings from taking the food.
3. What kinds of food are the Luther family getting from the cow in Chapter 9?
(a) Milk and cottage cheese.
(b) Just milk.
(c) Just steak.
(d) Steak and milk.
4. When Romey and Mary Call return to the house, what do they see outside in Chapter 9?
(a) A bear.
(b) A car with Texas license plates.
(c) A "mad dog" sign.
(d) A car with Georgia license plates.
5. Who is sent to crash the alone time between Kiser and Devola?
(a) Mary Call.
(b) Roy Luther.
(c) Ima Dean.
6. What kind of weather is happening when Mary Call and Romey refuse the ride home from school in Chapter 9?
(a) It's hailing.
(b) It's snowing.
(c) It's sunny.
(d) It's raining.
7. Mr. Connell is looking for people to do what in November and December?
(a) Bring in wildcrafting items.
(b) Work at the store.
(c) Clean the store.
(d) Make roping.
8. What kind of meat do the Luthers have stored in the house for the winter?
(a) Beef jerky.
(b) Salted pork.
9. What kind of cow does Kiser bring Devola?
(a) A brown cow.
(b) A baby cow.
(c) A spotted cow.
(d) A Hereford.
10. What can't Romey and Mary Call hang out with their friends?
(a) They are worried about being teased.
(b) Mary Call worries they will figure out Roy Luther is dead.
(c) They do not have nice enough clothes.
(d) They don't like their attitudes.
11. Who talks violently about Kiser Pease?
(c) Ima Dean.
(d) Mary Call.
12. What happens to the house after it snows?
(a) It gets drafty.
(b) The house entirely collapses.
(c) It gets warm.
(d) Part of their roof gives out.
13. Who sees Mary on the way to the hospital and offers her a ride?
(a) Kiser Pease.
(b) Mr. Connell.
(c) Goldie Pease.
(d) Mrs. Connell.
14. Where does Mary Call look for a cave?
(a) Old Joshua.
(b) The Witch's keyhole.
(c) Near the Graybeals.
(d) Sugar Boy.
15. What kind of ice cream do the Luthers have at the wedding in Chapter 14?
(a) Butter pecan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Romey hurt in Chapter 12?
2. Mary Call is so distracted by her conversation with Kiser Pease in Chapter 8 that she forgets what?
3. How are the Luthers preparing for winter?
4. How else does the blizzard affect the Luther house?
5. Who does the bear skin belong to?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)