|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Romey hurt in Chapter 12?
(a) His arm.
(b) His ankle.
(c) His back.
(d) His leg.
2. What is Goldie Pease astonished to hear in Chapter 11 when she visits the house?
(a) That Roy Luther is dead.
(b) That the Luthers do wildcrafting.
(c) That the Luthers now own the house.
(d) That Devola might marry Kiser.
3. How are the Luthers preparing for winter?
(a) Gathering roots and bark and other wildcraft at dawn to make money.
(b) Selling items from their house.
(c) Working as servants to make extra money.
(d) Gathering logs.
4. Who asks Kiser if he wants to get married?
(a) Mrs. Connell.
(b) Ima Dean.
(d) Mary Call.
5. Does Kiser believe the person who proposes to him?
(b) Sort of.
(d) He says yes, even though he doesn't.
6. Why does Kiser have to talk through his teeth at the hospital?
(a) He has bad teeth.
(b) He is so angry.
(c) He is worried about bad breath.
(d) His jaw is wired shut.
7. What does the blizzard do to the Luther's food?
(a) It does nothing to the food.
(b) Ruins it.
(c) Covers it.
(d) Freezes it.
8. What does Kiser say he will build the Luthers?
(a) A garage.
(b) A barn.
(c) A new house.
(d) A guest house.
9. How does Kiser feel about the hospital?
(a) The food is not good.
(b) He wants to get out.
(c) He likes it.
(d) The nurses are mean.
10. Who admits they were wrong about Devola?
(a) Roy Luther.
(b) Mrs. Connell.
(d) Mary Call.
11. How old is Kiser Pease?
12. Who offers to give the Luther kids a ride home from school in Chapter 9?
(a) Miss Breathitt.
(b) The Graybeals.
(c) Kiser Pease.
(d) Mr. Connell.
13. What kinds of food are the Luther family getting from the cow in Chapter 9?
(a) Just steak.
(b) Just milk.
(c) Steak and milk.
(d) Milk and cottage cheese.
14. Who does the family think has forgotten them?
(a) Mr. Connell.
(b) Goldie Pease.
(c) The Lord.
(d) Kiser Pease.
15. Who is sharing a room with a cow?
(b) Mary Call.
(c) Ima Dean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sign does the family put up outside the house in Chapter 9?
2. Mary Call is so distracted by her conversation with Kiser Pease in Chapter 8 that she forgets what?
3. What is the reaction when Kiser rejects a marriage proposal?
4. What happens to Kiser Pease in Chapter 7?
5. Who is making roping for holiday decorations?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)