|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mary Call upset with Romey in Chapter 12?
(a) Because he was going to beg to Kiser.
(b) He ate too much food.
(c) He yelled at her.
(d) He cried.
2. What does the blizzard do to the Luther's food?
(a) Freezes it.
(b) Ruins it.
(c) It does nothing to the food.
(d) Covers it.
3. When Roy Luther was alive, what was Thanksgiving like?
(a) They never had enough to eat on Thanksgiving.
(b) They had plenty to eat both that day and the day after.
(c) They would stuff themselves, then starve the next day.
(d) They didn't celebrate Thanksgiving.
4. Who does not like the new arrangement after Devola and Kiser are married?
(a) Roy Luther.
(c) Mary Call.
(d) Ima Dean.
5. Why does Mrs. Connell turn around before she gets to the door at her visit at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) She sees a small pox sign.
(b) She realizes Roy Luther is dead.
(c) She gets mad at Mr. Connell.
(d) She thinks she sees a bear.
6. What makes the person sharing a room with a cow worry about sharing a room?
(a) His milking habits.
(b) His size.
(c) His smell.
(d) The cow's toilet habits.
7. Who doesn't think they should buy Devola's wedding clothes?
(b) Roy Luther.
(c) Mary Call.
(d) Kiser Pease.
8. What is Goldie Pease astonished to hear in Chapter 11 when she visits the house?
(a) That Devola might marry Kiser.
(b) That the Luthers now own the house.
(c) That the Luthers do wildcrafting.
(d) That Roy Luther is dead.
9. When does the weather change in Chapter 10?
(a) At the beginning of October.
(b) At the end of November.
(c) In December.
(d) At the end of October.
10. What does Mary Call think Kiser will do if he finds out Roy Luther is dead?
(a) Marry Mary Call.
(b) Take their land back.
(c) Move them all into his house.
(d) Send them all to a county home and marry Devola.
11. What kind of weather is happening when Mary Call and Romey refuse the ride home from school in Chapter 9?
(a) It's sunny.
(b) It's hailing.
(c) It's raining.
(d) It's snowing.
12. How else does the blizzard affect the Luther house?
(a) They cannot get out of the house.
(b) They lose electricity.
(c) They cannot find their house.
(d) They cannot get in the house.
13. Who sees Mary on the way to the hospital and offers her a ride?
(a) Kiser Pease.
(b) Mr. Connell.
(c) Goldie Pease.
(d) Mrs. Connell.
14. What comes early to Trial Valley in Chapter 11?
(d) A false spring.
15. What kinds of food are the Luther family getting from the cow in Chapter 9?
(a) Steak and milk.
(b) Just milk.
(c) Just steak.
(d) Milk and cottage cheese.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who complains that the kids are working too hard?
2. What happens to Kiser Pease in Chapter 7?
3. How does Kiser feel about the hospital?
4. Who talks violently about Kiser Pease?
5. Why is Mary Call frustrated with herself after Goldie leaves?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)