|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to give the Luther kids a ride home from school in Chapter 9?
(a) Miss Breathitt.
(b) Kiser Pease.
(c) Mr. Connell.
(d) The Graybeals.
2. How else does the blizzard affect the Luther house?
(a) They lose electricity.
(b) They cannot get in the house.
(c) They cannot get out of the house.
(d) They cannot find their house.
3. Why does Goldie get angry in Chapter 11 when she visits the Luther house?
(a) Because she finds out Roy Luther died.
(b) Because she gave the house to Kiser.
(c) Because she wanted to live in the house.
(d) Because she says the house belongs to her, not Kiser.
4. When Romey and Mary Call return to the house, what do they see outside in Chapter 9?
(a) A car with Georgia license plates.
(b) A "mad dog" sign.
(c) A car with Texas license plates.
(d) A bear.
5. Where does Mary Call consider taking her family to live?
(a) With Kiser.
(c) A cave.
(d) A county boarding house.
6. What kind of reaction does Mary Call give Kiser when he offers to give her money?
(a) Resists, but then eventually accepts.
(b) Accepts, but begins to cry.
(c) Gladly accepts.
(d) Refuses, saying he married Devola, not all them.
7. Who is sharing a room with a cow?
(a) Ima Dean.
(b) Mary Call.
8. What kind of cow does Kiser bring Devola?
(a) A baby cow.
(b) A spotted cow.
(c) A brown cow.
(d) A Hereford.
9. What does Mary Call think Kiser will do if he finds out Roy Luther is dead?
(a) Move them all into his house.
(b) Take their land back.
(c) Send them all to a county home and marry Devola.
(d) Marry Mary Call.
10. Why does Mary Call lock the door?
(a) To keep her siblings from taking the food.
(b) To keep the cow in place.
(c) To prevent surprise guests.
(d) To keep out Kiser.
11. Where do Kiser and Devola get married?
(a) Kiser's house.
(b) The Luther's house.
(c) At the Connell's house.
(d) By Cosby Luther's grave.
12. Why is Kiser angry with this person?
(a) Because Mary came alone for a visit.
(b) Because he cannot get a hold of him.
(c) Because Goldie has not come to get him.
(d) Because she refuses to marry him.
13. Whose shoes have given out due to the rough trails?
(b) Ima Dean's.
(c) Kiser Pease's.
(d) Mary Call's.
14. Who does the family think has forgotten them?
(a) Mr. Connell.
(b) Goldie Pease.
(c) The Lord.
(d) Kiser Pease.
15. What still angers Mary Call about Kiser Pease in Chapter 12?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His attitude.
(c) His witch's keyhole.
(d) His teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the weather change in Chapter 10?
2. Mr. Connell is looking for people to do what in November and December?
3. What can't Romey and Mary Call hang out with their friends?
4. Who is sent to crash the alone time between Kiser and Devola?
5. Where does Mary Call look for a cave?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)