|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of ice cream do the Luthers have at the wedding in Chapter 14?
(d) Butter pecan.
2. Why is Mary Call frustrated with herself after Goldie leaves?
(a) She is mad at Romey.
(b) She is mad that she didn't realize the deal wasn't legal.
(c) She is mad at Ima Dean.
(d) She is mad Goldie found out about Roy Luther.
3. What does Mary Call take from the wall to go after Kiser with?
(a) A sword.
(b) An ax.
(c) A saw.
(d) A gun.
4. Why is Kiser angry with this person?
(a) Because he cannot get a hold of him.
(b) Because she refuses to marry him.
(c) Because Goldie has not come to get him.
(d) Because Mary came alone for a visit.
5. Who does the family think has forgotten them?
(a) Mr. Connell.
(b) Kiser Pease.
(c) Goldie Pease.
(d) The Lord.
6. Where do Kiser and Devola get married?
(a) At the Connell's house.
(b) Kiser's house.
(c) By Cosby Luther's grave.
(d) The Luther's house.
7. Why is Mary Call upset with Romey in Chapter 12?
(a) Because he was going to beg to Kiser.
(b) He cried.
(c) He yelled at her.
(d) He ate too much food.
8. Who is Kiser angry with?
(b) Mary Call.
(d) Roy Luther.
9. Who sneaks off in the blizzard to talk to Kiser?
(a) Ima Dean.
(c) Mary Call.
10. What kinds of food are the Luther family getting from the cow in Chapter 9?
(a) Steak and milk.
(b) Just steak.
(c) Just milk.
(d) Milk and cottage cheese.
11. When Kiser marries Devola, he now knows what?
(a) That he will never be part of the family.
(b) That Mary Call hates him.
(c) That he loves Devola.
(d) That Roy Luther is dead.
12. What makes the person sharing a room with a cow worry about sharing a room?
(a) His milking habits.
(b) The cow's toilet habits.
(c) His smell.
(d) His size.
13. Who asks Kiser if he wants to get married?
(b) Mrs. Connell.
(c) Mary Call.
(d) Ima Dean.
14. When does the weather change in Chapter 10?
(a) At the end of November.
(b) At the beginning of October.
(c) In December.
(d) At the end of October.
15. What does the blizzard do to the Luther's food?
(a) It does nothing to the food.
(b) Covers it.
(c) Ruins it.
(d) Freezes it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal/animals are the first to live inside the Luther house?
2. Who talks violently about Kiser Pease?
3. What kind of wedding clothes does Devola get?
4. How will the Luthers earn their lunches?
5. What comes early to Trial Valley in Chapter 11?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)