|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the midst of the breakdown, who is attacked by hornets?
(a) Ima Dean.
(b) Kiser Pease.
(d) Mary Call.
2. What do the Luthers discover about wildcrafting?
(a) It is harder than they thought.
(b) It is easier than they thought.
(c) They are really good at it.
(d) They are really bad at it.
3. What does Mary Call get out of helping Kiser?
(a) A paper saying the land is theirs free and clear.
(b) His respect.
(c) His love.
(d) His friendship.
4. Who gets caught in the rain and takes shelter on Kiser's porch?
(a) Romey and Mary.
(b) Romey and Devola.
(c) Ima Dean and Devola.
(d) Devola and Mary.
5. What do the Luthers use the money from the goldenseal for in Chapter 5?
(a) A present for their father.
(b) Supplies and drinks for Romey and Ima Dean.
(c) A book.
(d) A car.
6. What do they say to their father's body before they leave?
(a) They say he should not have been so proud.
(b) They say he was always light-hearted.
(c) They tell him not to worry about them.
(d) They tell him the kids are there.
7. What are the "wild gold"?
(a) Plants of the Appalachians.
(b) Smoky Mountain flowers.
(c) Flowers on the mountain.
(d) Cascade Mountain plants.
8. What does Romey tell Mr. Connell he will do if he encounters snakes?
(a) Kick them in the behind.
(b) Proceed cautiously.
(c) Catch them with a net.
(d) Run away.
9. What does Kiser Pease rant about when he is sick and Mary is taking care of him?
(a) The Luthers.
10. What does Mary Call lie about during their visit to the store in Chapter 4?
(a) How much money they have.
(b) What they need at home.
(c) Romey's age.
(d) Her father's health.
11. The person who plans to visit Roy Luther in Chapter 5 says she will bring ___________ to the house.
(a) Medicine for Roy Luther.
(b) Oatmeal bread.
(c) More money for wildcrafting.
12. What does Ima Dean want to buy herself with the money from wildcrafting?
(a) A book.
(b) Yellow shoes.
(c) A car.
(d) A present for their father.
13. Romey wants to give his father a grand funeral like whose?
(b) A king.
(c) The mayor.
(d) Mrs. Connells' parents.
14. What is one thing that is dangerous about the mountains during wildcrafting?
(a) The large animals.
(b) Other wildcrafters.
(c) The poisonous flowers.
(d) The terrain.
15. What is the first thing Mary Call does to help Kiser when he is sick?
(a) Take his temperature.
(b) Make a cold compress.
(c) Cook him soup.
(d) Fry onions to wrap him in and get out the fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Kiser tell Mary Call they can stay on without charge?
2. Which character is on their deathbed?
3. Romey says what about the burial on the way back home?
4. Who does Mary Call tell not to listen at the door when Kiser is in with Roy Luther?
5. Who throws out Mrs. Connell's candy?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)