|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary Call's opinion about Roy Luther and wildcrafting?
(a) She secretly thinks he was too proud to do it.
(b) She doesn't know what to think.
(c) She thinks he wasn't good at it.
(d) She tells the children he refused to do it.
2. What does Kiser Pease give Devola in Chapter 7?
(a) A flower.
(b) A pig.
(c) A ring.
(d) A horse.
3. Where do they find Kiser Pease in Chapter 2?
(a) Sitting in his chair unresponsive.
(b) Lying on the floor of the kitchen.
(c) Passed out in bed.
(d) Passed out on the davenport.
4. The person who plans to visit Roy Luther in Chapter 5 says she will bring ___________ to the house.
(a) Medicine for Roy Luther.
(b) Oatmeal bread.
(d) More money for wildcrafting.
5. When Kiser comes out after speaking to Roy Luther, what is his attitude?
6. Why does Roy Luther refuse to see a doctor?
(a) They made him sick once.
(b) Because he is tired of doctor visits.
(c) Because one killed his mother.
(d) Because no doctors live close by.
7. What does Mary Call lie about during their visit to the store in Chapter 4?
(a) Romey's age.
(b) What they need at home.
(c) How much money they have.
(d) Her father's health.
8. What is the name of Mary Call's mother?
(a) Cosby Luther.
(b) Devola Luther.
(d) Ima Dean Luther.
9. Who does Mary Call tell not to listen at the door when Kiser is in with Roy Luther?
(b) Mr. Connell.
(c) Ima Dean.
10. After her parents died, who did Mrs. Connell live with?
(a) A cruel uncle.
(b) A cruel aunt.
(c) A loving family.
(d) Mr. Connell.
11. Why is Mary putting off the trip to the store?
(a) Because it is so far away.
(b) Because it is winter.
(c) She doesn't want to see Mrs. Connell.
(d) Because she is lazy and does not want to go.
12. What does Mary Call tell Roy Luther in Chapter 5 before he dies?
(a) That they are all going to be fine so he should not worry.
(b) That she needs him to stay alive.
(c) That she is scared.
(d) That the Connells are coming to visit.
13. What does Mary Call tell the children about Kiser Pease's warning?
(a) He wished them bad luck.
(b) He said they were doomed.
(c) He said freedom comes at a price.
(d) He warned them not to take help from the county.
14. Who tells Mary Call that he knows how to drive?
(b) Ima Dean.
(d) Kiser Pease.
15. Who is the oldest sister in the Luther family?
(a) Ima Dean.
(d) Mary Call.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ima Dean want to buy herself with the money from wildcrafting?
2. How long does Kiser tell Mary Call they can stay on without charge?
3. What does Devola dream about buying with the money from wildcrafting?
4. Why does Mary Call decide to help Kiser Pease?
5. Who does Kiser Pease suggest the Luther family get help from?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)