Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After her parents died, who did Mrs. Connell live with?
(a) Mr. Connell.
(b) A loving family.
(c) A cruel aunt.
(d) A cruel uncle.
2. What does Romey daydream about buying with the money from wildcrafting?
(a) A book.
(b) Ice cream.
(c) Yellow shoes.
(d) A car.
3. Who gets caught in the rain and takes shelter on Kiser's porch?
(a) Romey and Mary.
(b) Devola and Mary.
(c) Ima Dean and Devola.
(d) Romey and Devola.
4. Who mentions that they haven't seen Kiser Pease in a few days and he might be sick?
(b) Mary Call.
(d) Roy Luther.
5. While Kiser is sick, what do the Luther children enjoy?
(a) His car.
(b) His bed.
(c) His food.
(d) His house.
6. What is the first thing Mary Call does to help Kiser when he is sick?
(a) Make a cold compress.
(b) Take his temperature.
(c) Cook him soup.
(d) Fry onions to wrap him in and get out the fever.
7. When Kiser comes out after speaking to Roy Luther, what is his attitude?
8. What do the two sisters do for money in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Work at the general store.
(b) Gather witch hazel.
(c) Gather nuts and berries.
(d) Sell water to travelers.
9. How has Mr. Connell treated the Luthers?
(a) Sometimes well.
(b) Always fairly.
(c) Sometimes badly.
(d) Always badly.
10. In Chapter 7, Mary Call contemplates what for the first time in the novel?
(a) Marrying Kiser Pease.
(b) Leaving her siblings to the county and leaving.
(c) Selling the house.
(d) Telling someone her father is dead.
11. The Luthers mistake goldenseal for what?
12. What does Mary Call tell the children about Kiser Pease's warning?
(a) He said they were doomed.
(b) He said freedom comes at a price.
(c) He wished them bad luck.
(d) He warned them not to take help from the county.
13. When he is sick, who does Kiser mistake Mary Call for?
(a) His wife.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
14. Who notices that Roy Luther is not in the house when the children are gone?
(a) Mr. Connell.
(b) The doctor.
(c) Kiser Pease.
(d) Mrs. Connell.
15. Who is the owner of the general store?
(a) Cosby Luther.
(b) Mr. Connell.
(c) Mrs. Connell.
(d) Kiser Pease.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, we find out which mountain range the Luthers live on. Where?
2. What is Devola's reaction when she hears of her father's death?
3. What happens when Romey becomes upset in Chapter 6?
4. Who drives circles in the front yard?
5. Why is Mary putting off the trip to the store?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)