|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing that is dangerous about the mountains during wildcrafting?
(a) Other wildcrafters.
(b) The terrain.
(c) The poisonous flowers.
(d) The large animals.
2. What do the two sisters do for money in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Gather witch hazel.
(b) Work at the general store.
(c) Gather nuts and berries.
(d) Sell water to travelers.
3. What happens when Romey tries to teach Mary Call how to drive?
(a) She backs into their fence.
(b) They get into a huge fight.
(c) Devola starts to cry.
(d) She does excellent.
4. What is the name of Mary Call's mother?
(a) Devola Luther.
(b) Cosby Luther.
(c) Ima Dean Luther.
5. While Kiser is sick, what do the Luther children enjoy?
(a) His car.
(b) His food.
(c) His house.
(d) His bed.
6. When Kiser comes out after speaking to Roy Luther, what is his attitude?
7. What does Kiser Pease rant about when he is sick and Mary is taking care of him?
(a) The Luthers.
8. In the midst of the breakdown, who is attacked by hornets?
(a) Kiser Pease.
(b) Mary Call.
(c) Ima Dean.
9. What idea do the children come up with after their father's death to keep people away?
(a) To run away.
(b) To live in the woods.
(c) To tell them their father is sleeping.
(d) To put up a sign that says "Mad Dog" or "Small Pox."
10. In Chapter One, how old is Mary Call Luther?
11. Who plans to visit Roy Luther in Chapter 5?
(a) The stock boy.
(b) Mrs. Connell.
(c) Both Mr. and Mrs. Connell.
(d) Mr. Connell.
12. In Chapter 7, Mary Call contemplates what for the first time in the novel?
(a) Leaving her siblings to the county and leaving.
(b) Selling the house.
(c) Telling someone her father is dead.
(d) Marrying Kiser Pease.
13. Why does Roy Luther refuse to see a doctor?
(a) They made him sick once.
(b) Because one killed his mother.
(c) Because no doctors live close by.
(d) Because he is tired of doctor visits.
14. Who takes the goldenseal to Mr. Connell in Chapter 5?
(b) Roy Luther.
(c) Mary Call, Ima Dean and Romey.
(d) Kiser Pease.
15. What does Mary Call tell Roy Luther in Chapter 5 before he dies?
(a) That she is scared.
(b) That she needs him to stay alive.
(c) That the Connells are coming to visit.
(d) That they are all going to be fine so he should not worry.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mary Call sees a figure outside one night, who does she think it is?
2. Why does Mary Call decide to help Kiser Pease?
3. Who brings over a car to the Luther household?
4. Which character is on their deathbed?
5. The Luthers mistake goldenseal for what?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)