|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing that is dangerous about the mountains during wildcrafting?
(a) The large animals.
(b) The terrain.
(c) The poisonous flowers.
(d) Other wildcrafters.
2. What does Mary Call tell the children about Kiser Pease's warning?
(a) He warned them not to take help from the county.
(b) He wished them bad luck.
(c) He said freedom comes at a price.
(d) He said they were doomed.
3. What are the conditions outside when Roy Luther is taken up to the mountain to be buried?
(a) It is dark and foggy.
(b) Cold and rainy.
(c) Sunny and warm.
4. Who mentions that they haven't seen Kiser Pease in a few days and he might be sick?
(c) Mary Call.
(d) Roy Luther.
5. What happens after the Luthers play with the car for two days?
(a) It breaks down.
(b) It runs out of gas.
(c) Kiser Pease takes it back.
(d) It gets a flat.
6. What is Devola's reaction when she hears of her father's death?
(a) She cries.
(b) She is silent.
(c) She begins yelling.
(d) She screams.
7. At the beginning of Chapter 3, how much money does the Luther family have in their money box?
8. What does Kiser Pease give Devola in Chapter 7?
(a) A ring.
(b) A horse.
(c) A pig.
(d) A flower.
9. When they get to Roy Luther's grave site, what do Romey and Mary Call discover?
(a) Nothing is prepared.
(b) That animals have torn up the site.
(c) That Roy had prepared long ago before he was sick for his death.
(d) They are in the wrong spot.
10. What do the children think about her wildcrafting idea?
(a) Romey begins to cry.
(b) Ima Dean gets angry.
(c) They all begin to clap.
(d) Romey wonders why they haven't done it before.
11. After Roy Luther gets sick, what happens to his body?
(a) He loses his hair.
(b) He must be fed by one of his children.
(c) He can no longer speak.
(d) He can no longer walk.
12. What does Romey daydream about buying with the money from wildcrafting?
(a) Ice cream.
(b) Yellow shoes.
(c) A car.
(d) A book.
13. Who brings over a car to the Luther household?
(a) The doctor.
(b) Kiser Pease.
(c) Mr. Connell.
(d) Mrs. Connell.
14. What does Kiser Pease rant about when he is sick and Mary is taking care of him?
(d) The Luthers.
15. Who is the owner of the general store?
(a) Mrs. Connell.
(b) Mr. Connell.
(c) Cosby Luther.
(d) Kiser Pease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who died years before the novel begins?
2. What does Mary Call Luther's family do for a living?
3. What does Devola dream about buying with the money from wildcrafting?
4. What is the first thing Mary Call does to help Kiser when he is sick?
5. Mary Call has promised not to take Roy Luther where after his death?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)