|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drives circles in the front yard?
(a) Mary Call.
(b) Ima Dean.
2. How many promises has Mary Call made to her father?
3. What happens when Mary Call wraps Kiser in the onions?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He gets sad.
(c) He begins to sweat.
(d) He has a heart attack.
4. When they get to Roy Luther's grave site, what do Romey and Mary Call discover?
(a) Nothing is prepared.
(b) They are in the wrong spot.
(c) That animals have torn up the site.
(d) That Roy had prepared long ago before he was sick for his death.
5. Who gets caught in the rain and takes shelter on Kiser's porch?
(a) Devola and Mary.
(b) Romey and Devola.
(c) Ima Dean and Devola.
(d) Romey and Mary.
6. Who plans to visit Roy Luther in Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Connell.
(b) Mrs. Connell.
(c) Both Mr. and Mrs. Connell.
(d) The stock boy.
7. Who tells Mary Call that he knows how to drive?
(a) Kiser Pease.
(c) Ima Dean.
8. What do they say to their father's body before they leave?
(a) They say he should not have been so proud.
(b) They tell him not to worry about them.
(c) They say he was always light-hearted.
(d) They tell him the kids are there.
9. What do the children think about her wildcrafting idea?
(a) Ima Dean gets angry.
(b) They all begin to clap.
(c) Romey wonders why they haven't done it before.
(d) Romey begins to cry.
10. Romey wants to give his father a grand funeral like whose?
(b) The mayor.
(c) A king.
(d) Mrs. Connells' parents.
11. Who stops at the Luther's house at the beginning of the novel for water?
(a) Cosby Luther.
(b) Kiser Pease.
(c) Mr. Connell.
(d) A traveler.
12. What is the name of Cosby Luther's book that Mary Call goes to find in Chapter 3?
(a) A Guide to Wildcrafting.
(b) Wildcrafting: A Guide.
(d) Cosby Luther's Guide to Wildcrafting.
13. Who notices that Roy Luther is not in the house when the children are gone?
(a) The doctor.
(b) Kiser Pease.
(c) Mrs. Connell.
(d) Mr. Connell.
14. What do the Luthers discover about wildcrafting?
(a) They are really bad at it.
(b) It is harder than they thought.
(c) It is easier than they thought.
(d) They are really good at it.
15. What does having a witch's keyhole mean, according to the novel?
(a) You will have good luck.
(b) That you are a worrywart.
(c) That you are superstitious and uneducated.
(d) That you are very smart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Luther family's neighbor?
2. Who takes Roy Luther up to the grave?
3. What does Kiser Pease rant about when he is sick and Mary is taking care of him?
4. What are the "wild gold"?
5. What is Devola's reaction when she hears of her father's death?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)