|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Romey says he once stole whose car?
(a) The Connell's.
(b) The principal's.
(c) The doctor's.
(d) The neighbor's.
2. What do the two sisters do for money in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Gather nuts and berries.
(b) Sell water to travelers.
(c) Work at the general store.
(d) Gather witch hazel.
3. How long does Kiser tell Mary Call they can stay on without charge?
(a) One year.
(b) Through the summer.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Through the winter.
4. Which character is on their deathbed?
(a) Kiser Pease.
(b) Devola Luther.
(c) Mary Call Luther.
(d) Roy Luther.
5. While Kiser is sick, what do the Luther children enjoy?
(a) His house.
(b) His car.
(c) His bed.
(d) His food.
6. Who does Kiser Pease suggest the Luther family get help from?
(a) The county.
(b) The state.
(c) Mr. Connell.
(d) His sister.
7. What do the Luthers discover about wildcrafting?
(a) It is harder than they thought.
(b) It is easier than they thought.
(c) They are really bad at it.
(d) They are really good at it.
8. Who gets caught in the rain and takes shelter on Kiser's porch?
(a) Devola and Mary.
(b) Romey and Mary.
(c) Ima Dean and Devola.
(d) Romey and Devola.
9. What is the name of Mary Call's mother?
(a) Devola Luther.
(b) Cosby Luther.
(c) Ima Dean Luther.
10. What does Mary Call get out of helping Kiser?
(a) His respect.
(b) A paper saying the land is theirs free and clear.
(c) His friendship.
(d) His love.
11. What does having a witch's keyhole mean, according to the novel?
(a) You will have good luck.
(b) That you are a worrywart.
(c) That you are superstitious and uneducated.
(d) That you are very smart.
12. What do they say to their father's body before they leave?
(a) They tell him the kids are there.
(b) They say he should not have been so proud.
(c) They tell him not to worry about them.
(d) They say he was always light-hearted.
13. What does Romey daydream about buying with the money from wildcrafting?
(a) Yellow shoes.
(b) A book.
(c) Ice cream.
(d) A car.
14. Who is the oldest sister in the Luther family?
(b) Ima Dean.
(c) Mary Call.
15. What are the "wild gold"?
(a) Plants of the Appalachians.
(b) Cascade Mountain plants.
(c) Smoky Mountain flowers.
(d) Flowers on the mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary Call's opinion about Roy Luther and wildcrafting?
2. Who mentions that they haven't seen Kiser Pease in a few days and he might be sick?
3. When he is sick, who does Kiser mistake Mary Call for?
4. When they get to Roy Luther's grave site, what do Romey and Mary Call discover?
5. Where do they find Kiser Pease in Chapter 2?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)