|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Romey becomes upset in Chapter 6?
(a) He tells Mary Call he hates her.
(b) He tells Mary Call how much he loves her as his big sister.
(c) He says that he hated their father.
(d) Romey is quiet and doesn't talk.
2. What idea do the children come up with after their father's death to keep people away?
(a) To put up a sign that says "Mad Dog" or "Small Pox."
(b) To tell them their father is sleeping.
(c) To live in the woods.
(d) To run away.
3. How has Mr. Connell treated the Luthers?
(a) Always fairly.
(b) Always badly.
(c) Sometimes well.
(d) Sometimes badly.
4. Who takes the goldenseal to Mr. Connell in Chapter 5?
(a) Roy Luther.
(c) Mary Call, Ima Dean and Romey.
(d) Kiser Pease.
5. What do the Luthers use the money from the goldenseal for in Chapter 5?
(a) A present for their father.
(b) Supplies and drinks for Romey and Ima Dean.
(c) A book.
(d) A car.
6. Which character is on their deathbed?
(a) Mary Call Luther.
(b) Devola Luther.
(c) Roy Luther.
(d) Kiser Pease.
7. Romey wants to give his father a grand funeral like whose?
(b) Mrs. Connells' parents.
(c) The mayor.
(d) A king.
8. What is the name of Cosby Luther's book that Mary Call goes to find in Chapter 3?
(a) A Guide to Wildcrafting.
(b) Wildcrafting: A Guide.
(d) Cosby Luther's Guide to Wildcrafting.
9. When he is sick, who does Kiser mistake Mary Call for?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
10. In Chapter 3, we find out which mountain range the Luthers live on. Where?
(a) Rocky Mountains.
(d) Smoky Mountains.
11. How long does Kiser tell Mary Call they can stay on without charge?
(a) Through the summer.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One year.
(d) Through the winter.
12. Romey says he once stole whose car?
(a) The Connell's.
(b) The doctor's.
(c) The principal's.
(d) The neighbor's.
13. What do the Luthers discover about wildcrafting?
(a) It is easier than they thought.
(b) They are really bad at it.
(c) It is harder than they thought.
(d) They are really good at it.
14. What are the "wild gold"?
(a) Plants of the Appalachians.
(b) Smoky Mountain flowers.
(c) Flowers on the mountain.
(d) Cascade Mountain plants.
15. Who drives circles in the front yard?
(a) Mary Call.
(c) Ima Dean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Romey says what about the burial on the way back home?
2. What does Mary Call lie about during their visit to the store in Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 7, Mary Call contemplates what for the first time in the novel?
4. What does Romey daydream about buying with the money from wildcrafting?
5. Who has a witch's keyhole in his chimney?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)