|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is excited about the Luther's wildcrafting?
(a) Mr. Connell.
(b) The stock boy.
(c) Mrs. Connell.
(d) Another customer in the store.
2. What does Romey daydream about buying with the money from wildcrafting?
(a) Ice cream.
(b) Yellow shoes.
(c) A book.
(d) A car.
3. Who takes Roy Luther up to the grave?
(a) Mr. Connell.
(b) Just Romey.
(c) Kiser Pease.
(d) Mary Call and Romey.
4. What does having a witch's keyhole mean, according to the novel?
(a) You will have good luck.
(b) That you are very smart.
(c) That you are superstitious and uneducated.
(d) That you are a worrywart.
5. What do the Luthers use the money from the goldenseal for in Chapter 5?
(a) Supplies and drinks for Romey and Ima Dean.
(b) A book.
(c) A present for their father.
(d) A car.
6. What is Romey's response to Mrs. Connell's description of her childhood?
(a) He wishes they were in her situation.
(b) He feels sorry for her.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He says he would have run away if he were her.
7. The person who plans to visit Roy Luther in Chapter 5 says she will bring ___________ to the house.
(a) Oatmeal bread.
(b) Medicine for Roy Luther.
(d) More money for wildcrafting.
8. What happens before Romey and Mary Call bury Roy Luther and pray?
(a) They can't help but say bad things about him.
(b) They decide not to say anything.
(c) They say nice things about him.
(d) They cry.
9. What does Mary Call tell Roy Luther in Chapter 5 before he dies?
(a) That the Connells are coming to visit.
(b) That they are all going to be fine so he should not worry.
(c) That she needs him to stay alive.
(d) That she is scared.
10. Who throws out Mrs. Connell's candy?
(a) Mary Call.
(b) Ima Dean.
11. How has Mr. Connell treated the Luthers?
(a) Always fairly.
(b) Sometimes badly.
(c) Sometimes well.
(d) Always badly.
12. What do the children think about her wildcrafting idea?
(a) They all begin to clap.
(b) Romey wonders why they haven't done it before.
(c) Romey begins to cry.
(d) Ima Dean gets angry.
13. What is the name of Cosby Luther's book that Mary Call goes to find in Chapter 3?
(b) A Guide to Wildcrafting.
(c) Wildcrafting: A Guide.
(d) Cosby Luther's Guide to Wildcrafting.
14. What does Mary Call say about Roy Luther in Chapter 7 to Kiser Pease?
(a) He is sleeping late.
(b) He has died.
(c) She is not allowing visitors.
(d) He is eating his breakfast.
15. Who tells Mary Call that he knows how to drive?
(a) Ima Dean.
(d) Kiser Pease.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Kiser tell Mary Call they can stay on without charge?
2. Who drives circles in the front yard?
3. Why is Mary putting off the trip to the store?
4. What do the two sisters do for money in the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. Why does Mary Call decide to help Kiser Pease?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)