|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Romey daydream about buying with the money from wildcrafting?
(a) A car.
(b) Yellow shoes.
(c) A book.
(d) Ice cream.
2. What happens after the Luthers play with the car for two days?
(a) Kiser Pease takes it back.
(b) It breaks down.
(c) It runs out of gas.
(d) It gets a flat.
3. Who is the oldest sister in the Luther family?
(a) Ima Dean.
(c) Mary Call.
4. Who notices that Roy Luther is not in the house when the children are gone?
(a) The doctor.
(b) Mrs. Connell.
(c) Mr. Connell.
(d) Kiser Pease.
5. What does Kiser Pease rant about when he is sick and Mary is taking care of him?
(c) The Luthers.
6. When they get to Roy Luther's grave site, what do Romey and Mary Call discover?
(a) They are in the wrong spot.
(b) That Roy had prepared long ago before he was sick for his death.
(c) Nothing is prepared.
(d) That animals have torn up the site.
7. What is one thing that is dangerous about the mountains during wildcrafting?
(a) Other wildcrafters.
(b) The terrain.
(c) The large animals.
(d) The poisonous flowers.
8. What do the two sisters do for money in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Work at the general store.
(b) Sell water to travelers.
(c) Gather nuts and berries.
(d) Gather witch hazel.
9. What happens when Romey tries to teach Mary Call how to drive?
(a) Devola starts to cry.
(b) They get into a huge fight.
(c) She does excellent.
(d) She backs into their fence.
10. What are the "wild gold"?
(a) Plants of the Appalachians.
(b) Cascade Mountain plants.
(c) Smoky Mountain flowers.
(d) Flowers on the mountain.
11. The person who plans to visit Roy Luther in Chapter 5 says she will bring ___________ to the house.
(b) More money for wildcrafting.
(c) Oatmeal bread.
(d) Medicine for Roy Luther.
12. In the midst of the breakdown, who is attacked by hornets?
(a) Ima Dean.
(b) Kiser Pease.
(c) Mary Call.
13. Why does Roy Luther refuse to see a doctor?
(a) Because he is tired of doctor visits.
(b) Because no doctors live close by.
(c) They made him sick once.
(d) Because one killed his mother.
14. What does Mary Call lie about during their visit to the store in Chapter 4?
(a) Her father's health.
(b) Romey's age.
(c) How much money they have.
(d) What they need at home.
15. What does Romey tell Mr. Connell he will do if he encounters snakes?
(a) Proceed cautiously.
(b) Catch them with a net.
(c) Run away.
(d) Kick them in the behind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is on their deathbed?
2. After Roy Luther gets sick, what happens to his body?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 3, how much money does the Luther family have in their money box?
4. What does Kiser Pease give Devola in Chapter 7?
5. How many promises has Mary Call made to her father?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)