|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who mentions that they haven't seen Kiser Pease in a few days and he might be sick?
(b) Mary Call.
(c) Roy Luther.
2. Which character is on their deathbed?
(a) Mary Call Luther.
(b) Kiser Pease.
(c) Devola Luther.
(d) Roy Luther.
3. What are the conditions outside when Roy Luther is taken up to the mountain to be buried?
(a) Cold and rainy.
(c) Sunny and warm.
(d) It is dark and foggy.
4. What do the two sisters do for money in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Sell water to travelers.
(b) Gather witch hazel.
(c) Gather nuts and berries.
(d) Work at the general store.
5. Who gets caught in the rain and takes shelter on Kiser's porch?
(a) Romey and Devola.
(b) Ima Dean and Devola.
(c) Romey and Mary.
(d) Devola and Mary.
6. What happens when Romey tries to teach Mary Call how to drive?
(a) She does excellent.
(b) She backs into their fence.
(c) Devola starts to cry.
(d) They get into a huge fight.
7. What happens when Mary Call wraps Kiser in the onions?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He gets sad.
(c) He has a heart attack.
(d) He begins to sweat.
8. What do the Luthers use the money from the goldenseal for in Chapter 5?
(a) Supplies and drinks for Romey and Ima Dean.
(b) A book.
(c) A present for their father.
(d) A car.
9. Why does Mary Call decide to help Kiser Pease?
(a) Because she feels bad.
(b) Because she thinks she can make him do something.
(c) Because he once helped her father.
(d) Because she is afraid.
10. What does Romey daydream about buying with the money from wildcrafting?
(a) Ice cream.
(b) A book.
(c) A car.
(d) Yellow shoes.
11. Mary Call has promised not to take Roy Luther where after his death?
(a) To the backyard.
(b) To the mountain.
(c) To an undertaker.
(d) To his mother's plot.
12. How has Mr. Connell treated the Luthers?
(a) Always fairly.
(b) Always badly.
(c) Sometimes badly.
(d) Sometimes well.
13. Who tells Mary Call that he knows how to drive?
(a) Kiser Pease.
(b) Ima Dean.
14. The person who plans to visit Roy Luther in Chapter 5 says she will bring ___________ to the house.
(b) Medicine for Roy Luther.
(c) More money for wildcrafting.
(d) Oatmeal bread.
15. Who plans to visit Roy Luther in Chapter 5?
(a) Mrs. Connell.
(b) The stock boy.
(c) Both Mr. and Mrs. Connell.
(d) Mr. Connell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Call Luther's family do for a living?
2. Why is Mary putting off the trip to the store?
3. What is one thing that is dangerous about the mountains during wildcrafting?
4. Who takes Roy Luther up to the grave?
5. How long does Kiser tell Mary Call they can stay on without charge?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)