|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Romey daydream about buying with the money from wildcrafting?
(a) A car.
(b) Yellow shoes.
(c) Ice cream.
(d) A book.
2. Where do they find Kiser Pease in Chapter 2?
(a) Lying on the floor of the kitchen.
(b) Sitting in his chair unresponsive.
(c) Passed out on the davenport.
(d) Passed out in bed.
3. What is Devola's reaction when she hears of her father's death?
(a) She screams.
(b) She is silent.
(c) She begins yelling.
(d) She cries.
4. What do they say to their father's body before they leave?
(a) They tell him the kids are there.
(b) They tell him not to worry about them.
(c) They say he should not have been so proud.
(d) They say he was always light-hearted.
5. Why does Roy Luther refuse to see a doctor?
(a) Because no doctors live close by.
(b) They made him sick once.
(c) Because he is tired of doctor visits.
(d) Because one killed his mother.
6. Who tells Mary Call that he knows how to drive?
(b) Ima Dean.
(d) Kiser Pease.
7. What does Kiser Pease rant about when he is sick and Mary is taking care of him?
(a) The Luthers.
8. What are the "wild gold"?
(a) Cascade Mountain plants.
(b) Plants of the Appalachians.
(c) Smoky Mountain flowers.
(d) Flowers on the mountain.
9. When Mary Call sees a figure outside one night, who does she think it is?
(b) Kiser Pease.
(c) Her mother.
(d) A ghost.
10. What are the conditions outside when Roy Luther is taken up to the mountain to be buried?
(a) Sunny and warm.
(b) It is dark and foggy.
(d) Cold and rainy.
11. Romey wants to give his father a grand funeral like whose?
(a) A king.
(c) Mrs. Connells' parents.
(d) The mayor.
12. What do the Luthers use the money from the goldenseal for in Chapter 5?
(a) A present for their father.
(b) A book.
(c) Supplies and drinks for Romey and Ima Dean.
(d) A car.
13. In Chapter 3, we find out which mountain range the Luthers live on. Where?
(c) Smoky Mountains.
(d) Rocky Mountains.
14. How has Mr. Connell treated the Luthers?
(a) Sometimes well.
(b) Always fairly.
(c) Always badly.
(d) Sometimes badly.
15. Who brings over a car to the Luther household?
(a) Kiser Pease.
(b) Mrs. Connell.
(c) The doctor.
(d) Mr. Connell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plans to visit Roy Luther in Chapter 5?
2. What does Devola dream about buying with the money from wildcrafting?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 3, how much money does the Luther family have in their money box?
4. What happens after the Luthers play with the car for two days?
5. What happens when Romey becomes upset in Chapter 6?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)