|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After her parents died, who did Mrs. Connell live with?
(a) Mr. Connell.
(b) A cruel uncle.
(c) A loving family.
(d) A cruel aunt.
2. When Kiser comes out after speaking to Roy Luther, what is his attitude?
3. In Chapter 3, we find out which mountain range the Luthers live on. Where?
(a) Rocky Mountains.
(c) Smoky Mountains.
4. What is the first thing Mary Call does to help Kiser when he is sick?
(a) Take his temperature.
(b) Cook him soup.
(c) Make a cold compress.
(d) Fry onions to wrap him in and get out the fever.
5. Who gets their teeth fixed?
(a) Mary Call.
(c) Kiser Pease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants Kiser to buy the land and put it in Devola's name?
2. Who wants Goldie Pease to go over to the Luther's and talk to Roy?
3. Why does Mrs. Connell turn around before she gets to the door at her visit at the end of Chapter 9?
4. What are the "wild gold"?
5. Who died years before the novel begins?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)