|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roy Luther refuse to see a doctor?
(a) Because no doctors live close by.
(b) Because one killed his mother.
(c) Because he is tired of doctor visits.
(d) They made him sick once.
2. Who mentions that they haven't seen Kiser Pease in a few days and he might be sick?
(b) Mary Call.
(c) Roy Luther.
3. After Roy Luther gets sick, what happens to his body?
(a) He can no longer speak.
(b) He loses his hair.
(c) He must be fed by one of his children.
(d) He can no longer walk.
4. What do the two sisters do for money in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Work at the general store.
(b) Gather nuts and berries.
(c) Sell water to travelers.
(d) Gather witch hazel.
5. What are the "wild gold"?
(a) Plants of the Appalachians.
(b) Cascade Mountain plants.
(c) Flowers on the mountain.
(d) Smoky Mountain flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mary putting off the trip to the store?
2. Why does Mary Call decide to help Kiser Pease?
3. In Chapter One, how old is Mary Call Luther?
4. Who gets caught in the rain and takes shelter on Kiser's porch?
5. How long does Kiser tell Mary Call they can stay on without charge?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)