|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kiser Pease suggest the Luther family get help from?
(a) Mr. Connell.
(b) His sister.
(c) The state.
(d) The county.
2. Why does Roy Luther refuse to see a doctor?
(a) Because no doctors live close by.
(b) They made him sick once.
(c) Because he is tired of doctor visits.
(d) Because one killed his mother.
3. What happens when Mary Call wraps Kiser in the onions?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He begins to sweat.
(c) He has a heart attack.
(d) He gets sad.
4. What does Mary Call get out of helping Kiser?
(a) A paper saying the land is theirs free and clear.
(b) His love.
(c) His friendship.
(d) His respect.
5. Who died years before the novel begins?
(a) Kiser Pease.
(b) Mary Call's mother.
(c) Kiser Pease's mother.
(d) Devola Luther.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter One, how old is Mary Call Luther?
2. When Kiser comes out after speaking to Roy Luther, what is his attitude?
3. Who gets caught in the rain and takes shelter on Kiser's porch?
4. What does having a witch's keyhole mean, according to the novel?
5. Who is the oldest sister in the Luther family?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)