|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Mary Call to get razors at the store?
(c) Kiser Pease.
(d) Ima Dean.
2. What happens when Mary Call wraps Kiser in the onions?
(a) He gets sad.
(b) He has a heart attack.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He begins to sweat.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 3, how much money does the Luther family have in their money box?
4. How long does Kiser tell Mary Call they can stay on without charge?
(a) Through the winter.
(b) One year.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Through the summer.
5. When Mary Call sees a figure outside one night, who does she think it is?
(a) Kiser Pease.
(c) A ghost.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the "wild gold"?
2. What is the name of Mary Call's mother?
3. Why is Mary putting off the trip to the store?
4. Why does Mary Call decide to help Kiser Pease?
5. Who stops at the Luther's house at the beginning of the novel for water?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)