|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is happy to see the Luthers when they register for school?
(a) Ima Dean.
(b) Kiser Pease.
(c) The other students.
(d) The principal.
2. How long does their winter typically last, according to Chapter 10?
(a) Two months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Five months.
3. What happens when Romey tries to teach Mary Call how to drive?
(a) Devola starts to cry.
(b) She backs into their fence.
(c) They get into a huge fight.
(d) She does excellent.
4. What does Romey tell Mr. Connell he will do if he encounters snakes?
(a) Kick them in the behind.
(b) Proceed cautiously.
(c) Catch them with a net.
(d) Run away.
5. Why does Mrs. Connell turn around before she gets to the door at her visit at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) She thinks she sees a bear.
(b) She sees a small pox sign.
(c) She gets mad at Mr. Connell.
(d) She realizes Roy Luther is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Luthers use the money from the goldenseal for in Chapter 5?
2. What kind of weather is happening when Mary Call and Romey refuse the ride home from school in Chapter 9?
3. Who does the family think has forgotten them?
4. Who complains about the Thanksgiving dinner?
5. The Luthers mistake goldenseal for what?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)