|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets caught in the rain and takes shelter on Kiser's porch?
(a) Devola and Mary.
(b) Romey and Mary.
(c) Romey and Devola.
(d) Ima Dean and Devola.
2. What does Mary Call lie about during their visit to the store in Chapter 4?
(a) What they need at home.
(b) Her father's health.
(c) Romey's age.
(d) How much money they have.
3. What is Romey's response to Mrs. Connell's description of her childhood?
(a) He feels sorry for her.
(b) He says he would have run away if he were her.
(c) He wishes they were in her situation.
(d) He begins to cry.
4. Why does Mrs. Connell turn around before she gets to the door at her visit at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) She realizes Roy Luther is dead.
(b) She sees a small pox sign.
(c) She thinks she sees a bear.
(d) She gets mad at Mr. Connell.
5. What happens when Romey tries to teach Mary Call how to drive?
(a) Devola starts to cry.
(b) They get into a huge fight.
(c) She backs into their fence.
(d) She does excellent.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Roy Luther gets sick, what happens to his body?
2. Why does Roy Luther refuse to see a doctor?
3. Who throws out Mrs. Connell's candy?
4. What happens after the Luthers play with the car for two days?
5. While Kiser is sick, what do the Luther children enjoy?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)