Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the photograph of that Novalee works on at her workstation?
2. As Novalee and Lexie got closer to home, what is happening?
3. What makes Ruth Meyers call Willy Jack a liar?
4. Claire Hudson contacts Ruth Meyers because...
5. While Novalee is at work at the service counter, what happens?
Essay Topic 1
One of the major themes of the story is that of heart. How does this theme of heart play out in the lives of Novalee, Willy Jack, Sister Husband, Lexie, Forney, and Benny? Is this theme of heart in relationship to any other theme of the story? What theme? How?
Essay Topic 2
A lot happened to Forney within the story. Show specific ways that Forney has grown in his character throughout the story.
Essay Topic 3
The media, Sam Walton, Momma Nell, and Lexie are all characters that Novalee encountered at the hospital. How does the hospital turn out to be a transitional point in the story? Give three reasons and explain why they are transitional.
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)