Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the photograph of that Novalee works on at her workstation?
2. As Novalee and Lexie got closer to home, what is happening?
3. What makes Ruth Meyers call Willy Jack a liar?
4. Claire Hudson contacts Ruth Meyers because...
5. While Novalee is at work at the service counter, what happens?
Essay Topic 1
The media, Sam Walton, Momma Nell, and Lexie are all characters that Novalee encountered at the hospital. How does the hospital turn out to be a transitional point in the story? Give three reasons and explain why they are transitional.
Essay Topic 2
What are the ten most important events in the story? Explain the events in order of occurrence and explain why you believe they are the most important events.
Essay Topic 3
There are times within the story that foreshadowing is a key element. List at least 3 events of foreshadowing evident throughout the story. Do you think that the author used foreshadowing effectively in this story? Why or why not?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)