|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Novalle see the headline "Victim's Wheelchair Stolen"?
2. Claire Hudson contacts Ruth Meyers because...
3. How old was Sister Husband when she died?
4. Where is Sister Husband buried?
5. At the end of the book, where does Novalee say she is going?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Forney leaving affect everyone?
2. Why is Novalee worried about going to the photography seminar?
3. Why does Brummett call Novalee at the start of Chapter 29?
4. How does seeing the lights on in the hotel room enlighten Novalee?
5. What made Novalee take a job as a photographer?
6. Why are Certain and Moses suffering with broken hearts in Chapter 25?
7. How does Novalee mourn the loss of Sister Husband?
8. How is Delphia similar to the kind of woman Willy Jack usually encounters?
9. What is meant by Lexie finally finding good luck?
10. In Chapter 33, how are both good and bad luck shown?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Photography is a hobby that Novalee enjoys. Who does she learn this hobby from and how does this person help her grow?
Essay Topic 2
Home is a major theme of the story. Describe how this theme is important to Forney, Lexie, Sister Husband, Moses, and Benny.
Essay Topic 3
Novalee wanted her own home. Describe what you believe Novalee's ideal home would be like. Does she achieve this in the story? Why?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)