Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the photograph of that Novalee works on at her workstation?
2. As Novalee and Lexie got closer to home, what is happening?
3. What makes Ruth Meyers call Willy Jack a liar?
4. Claire Hudson contacts Ruth Meyers because...
5. While Novalee is at work at the service counter, what happens?
Essay Topic 1
There are times within the story that foreshadowing is a key element. List at least 3 events of foreshadowing evident throughout the story. Do you think that the author used foreshadowing effectively in this story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Lexie becomes a key friend to Novalee. Explain ways that she and her children have shown they have matured from the time they were first introduced.
Essay Topic 3
Home is a major theme of the story. Describe how this theme is important to Forney, Lexie, Sister Husband, Moses, and Benny.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)