|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days was Sister Husband on life support?
2. While Novalee is at work at the service counter, what happens?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 29, who calls Novalee while she is working on photography?
4. Because of Lexie's condition, where do Lexie's children stay?
5. What type of car does the woman who Willy Jack leaves the bar with drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 33, how are both good and bad luck shown?
2. Why does Brummett call Novalee at the start of Chapter 29?
3. Through Chapter 26, how are Novalee and Willy Jack's lives going in opposite directions?
4. How does the Q-tip help Novalee in her photography?
5. How is Delphia similar to the kind of woman Willy Jack usually encounters?
6. How does Novalee mourn the loss of Sister Husband?
7. How have Novalee and Forney helped each other to heal in Chapter 33?
8. What is the significance of Lexie's childrens' name change in Chapter 29?
9. How does Novalee attempt to console Lexie throughout Chapter 30?
10. How does Forney leaving affect everyone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe ways that Lexie and Novalee are the same and ways in which they are different.
Essay Topic 2
What is the connection in the story between Mary Elizabeth Hull, Sister Husband, and Ray? Do they meet at the same place? Explain as much as you can about this connection.
Essay Topic 3
Willy Jack is known to use women and get what he wants. Some of the women Willy Jack encounters are passive while others are assertive. List and describe the women Willy Jack comes into contact with and the interaction between them. Do the women get even with him or not?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)