Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the photograph of that Novalee works on at her workstation?
2. As Novalee and Lexie got closer to home, what is happening?
3. What makes Ruth Meyers call Willy Jack a liar?
4. Claire Hudson contacts Ruth Meyers because...
5. While Novalee is at work at the service counter, what happens?
One of the major themes of the story is that of heart. How does this theme of heart play out in the lives of Novalee, Willy Jack, Sister Husband, Lexie, Forney, and Benny? Is this theme of heart in relationship to any other theme of the story? What theme? How?
Home is a major theme of the story. Describe how this theme is important to Forney, Lexie, Sister Husband, Moses, and Benny.
There are times within the story that foreshadowing is a key element. List at least 3 events of foreshadowing evident throughout the story. Do you think that the author used foreshadowing effectively in this story? Why or why not?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)