|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Novalee take Americus to before going to see Willy Jack?
2. How old is Novalee in Chapter 37?
3. How many children do Lexie and her husband have between them?
4. What relationship did Ray and Sister Husband have?
5. Praline has had bad dreams and is afraid of....
Short Essay Questions
1. Contrast "pick of the litter" in the conversations between Novalee and Lexie.
2. What is the significance of Lexie's childrens' name change in Chapter 29?
3. Why does Brummett call Novalee at the start of Chapter 29?
4. What is a way that Lexie has acknowledged her children have change?
5. How does seeing the lights on in the hotel room enlighten Novalee?
6. What happens with the women Willy Jack charms?
7. What are the things that Novalee copes with throughout Chapter 24?
8. How does Sister Husband have an influence on Novalee?
9. Who is Ray and how does he change Novalee's life?
10. What happens when Novalee talks to the camera shop owner, and why is it significant to Novalee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Novalee wanted her own home. Describe what you believe Novalee's ideal home would be like. Does she achieve this in the story? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Lexie becomes a key friend to Novalee. Explain ways that she and her children have shown they have matured from the time they were first introduced.
Essay Topic 3
Willy Jack is known to use women and get what he wants. Some of the women Willy Jack encounters are passive while others are assertive. List and describe the women Willy Jack comes into contact with and the interaction between them. Do the women get even with him or not?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)