|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Americus get a letter from?
2. How many children do Lexie and her husband have between them?
3. The headline is about Willy Jack. Where is Willy Jack?
4. Who does Novalee go to see in a hotel in Chapter 34?
5. What does Willy Jack tell Johnny DeSoto that he really needs?
Essay Topic 1
What is the connection in the story between Mary Elizabeth Hull, Sister Husband, and Ray? Do they meet at the same place? Explain as much as you can about this connection.
Essay Topic 2
What are the ten most important events in the story? Explain the events in order of occurrence and explain why you believe they are the most important events.
Essay Topic 3
Lexie becomes a key friend to Novalee. Explain ways that she and her children have shown they have matured from the time they were first introduced.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)