|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of the natural disaster, Novalee learns that Wal-Mart was destroyed and would not be rebuilt in it's current location. The new Wal-Mart is being built how many miles away from where it originally was?
2. Where does Dr. Putnam, the professor of the photography seminar, take the class?
3. Where does Novalee kiss someone in Chapter 37?
4. After Novalee is in HER house, what time does she get home from working at Wal-Mart?
5. Where does Willy Jack and a woman drive to in Chapter 32?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sister Husband have an influence on Novalee?
2. What is important to Novalee as she decorates her new house?
3. How does the Q-tip help Novalee in her photography?
4. Novalee's dream in Chapter 1 is a similar foreshadowing to what event in Chapter 32?
5. How does Novalee mourn the loss of Sister Husband?
6. Why are Certain and Moses suffering with broken hearts in Chapter 25?
7. What is the significance of Lexie's childrens' name change in Chapter 29?
8. Why is Novalee worried about going to the photography seminar?
9. Why does Brummett call Novalee at the start of Chapter 29?
10. How have Novalee and Forney helped each other to heal in Chapter 33?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lexie becomes a key friend to Novalee. Explain ways that she and her children have shown they have matured from the time they were first introduced.
Essay Topic 2
There are times within the story that foreshadowing is a key element. List at least 3 events of foreshadowing evident throughout the story. Do you think that the author used foreshadowing effectively in this story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Novalee has changed from the beginning of the story to the end. List ways in which Novalee has changed, the people involved in helping her change, and what specifically she has done to change.
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)