|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lexie getting married to?
2. Who is Johnny DeSoto?
3. What does Willy Jack continually hear Novalee tell him in his head?
4. Where is Lexie's wedding?
5. How many days was Sister Husband on life support?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Novalee worried about going to the photography seminar?
2. How does Novalee mourn the loss of Sister Husband?
3. Novalee's dream in Chapter 1 is a similar foreshadowing to what event in Chapter 32?
4. How have Novalee and Forney helped each other to heal in Chapter 33?
5. What is meant by Lexie finally finding good luck?
6. How is the buckeye tree given to Novalee by Benny symbolic for both characters?
7. What is the two-fold meaning of the word "disconnected"?
8. How does the number 7 in Chapter 38 connect with Chapter 1?
9. How does the Q-tip help Novalee in her photography?
10. Through Chapter 26, how are Novalee and Willy Jack's lives going in opposite directions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe ways that Lexie and Novalee are the same and ways in which they are different.
Essay Topic 2
Novalee's superstitions play a role in her decision making throughout the story. Explain Novalee's superstitions and how these affect her decision making throughout the story. Be specific and use specific examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the parallel between names in this book and names within the Christmas nativity. What are the religious connections?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)