|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lexie raves to Novalee about what in Chapter 28?
2. What does Americus pray for at night?
3. What is Cowpokes?
4. What does part of the letter written to Americus say?
5. After arriving at the wedding, what does Novalee realize she forgot at home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the two-fold meaning of the word "disconnected"?
2. What happens with the women Willy Jack charms?
3. How does Sister Husband have an influence on Novalee?
4. What is a way that Lexie has acknowledged her children have change?
5. How does the number 7 in Chapter 38 connect with Chapter 1?
6. What are the things that Novalee copes with throughout Chapter 24?
7. What made Novalee take a job as a photographer?
8. How is the buckeye tree given to Novalee by Benny symbolic for both characters?
9. How does Forney leaving affect everyone?
10. What is important to Novalee as she decorates her new house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the ten most important events in the story? Explain the events in order of occurrence and explain why you believe they are the most important events.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the parallel between names in this book and names within the Christmas nativity. What are the religious connections?
Essay Topic 3
Photography is a hobby that Novalee enjoys. Who does she learn this hobby from and how does this person help her grow?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)