|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Novalle see the headline "Victim's Wheelchair Stolen"?
2. How old was Sister Husband when she died?
3. Ruth Meyers and Claire Hudson have both been __________ by Willy Jack.
4. What does Novalee learn from Moses?
5. What does Americus pray for at night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The media, Sam Walton, Momma Nell, and Lexie are all characters that Novalee encountered at the hospital. How does the hospital turn out to be a transitional point in the story? Give three reasons and explain why they are transitional.
Essay Topic 2
What is the connection in the story between Mary Elizabeth Hull, Sister Husband, and Ray? Do they meet at the same place? Explain as much as you can about this connection.
Essay Topic 3
Novalee's superstitions play a role in her decision making throughout the story. Explain Novalee's superstitions and how these affect her decision making throughout the story. Be specific and use specific examples from the story.
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)