|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of car does the woman who Willy Jack leaves the bar with drive?
2. What is causing Lexie the most pain?
3. Who watches Americus during the day while Novalee is working?
4. How long will Lexie require a wire to help with her injuries?
5. Where is the music Novalee hears coming from in Chapter 37?
Short Essay Questions
1. What stages does Novalee see in Benny?
2. What is important to Novalee as she decorates her new house?
3. How does the number 7 in Chapter 38 connect with Chapter 1?
4. How is Delphia similar to the kind of woman Willy Jack usually encounters?
5. Through Chapter 26, how are Novalee and Willy Jack's lives going in opposite directions?
6. What made Novalee take a job as a photographer?
7. Who is Ray and how does he change Novalee's life?
8. What are the things that Novalee copes with throughout Chapter 24?
9. How does seeing the lights on in the hotel room enlighten Novalee?
10. What happens when Novalee talks to the camera shop owner, and why is it significant to Novalee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the ten most important events in the story? Explain the events in order of occurrence and explain why you believe they are the most important events.
Essay Topic 2
Novalee wanted her own home. Describe what you believe Novalee's ideal home would be like. Does she achieve this in the story? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the importance of names, as emphasized by Moses Whitecotton. Further, explain the parallel between names in this book and those of the Christmas nativity.
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)