|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Willy Jack remind Claire of?
2. The names of Lexie's four children symbolizes her obsession with....
3. What make the cellar shake?
4. Where does Novalee spend most of her evenings?
5. What city does Willy Jack's cousin live in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Novalee's vision of photography changed?
2. In Chapter 33, how are both good and bad luck shown?
3. Why are Certain and Moses suffering with broken hearts in Chapter 25?
4. What are some clues that tell Novalee's life is improving throughout Chapter 23?
5. Through Chapter 26, how are Novalee and Willy Jack's lives going in opposite directions?
6. What made Novalee take a job as a photographer?
7. How is the nativity scene symbolic of the life of Novalee?
8. What does Novalee learn about Benny's heritage through photography?
9. How does Novalee attempt to console Lexie throughout Chapter 30?
10. How does Retha Holloway make Novalee feel insecure about the difference between she and Forney?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Novalee's family similar to Forney's family? How is Novalee's family different from Forney's family?
Essay Topic 2
Lexie becomes a key friend to Novalee. Explain ways that she and her children have shown they have matured from the time they were first introduced.
Essay Topic 3
Describe ways that Lexie and Novalee are the same and ways in which they are different.
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)