|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Novalee travel to for a photo exhibit?
2. What is happening at the end of the Chapter 18 to make Novalee panic?
3. What make of car does Novalee own?
4. Who does Novalee travel with on her trip in Chapter 22?
5. Why is Willy Jack arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Novalee helps out during the tornado.
2. Why is Willy Jack pulled over?
3. What are some clues that tell Novalee's life is improving throughout Chapter 23?
4. Who are the police considering as suspects in the disappearance of Americus?
5. As a result of Novalee's childhood, what does she do for Americus?
6. Novalee visits the Whitecotton place. What does she learn?
7. What are Lexie's children's names and what do they tell us about Lexie?
8. What is the significance of Novalee's daughter's name, Americus?
9. What is ironic about where Sister Husband lives and Novalee and her dream?
10. How is Willy Jack trying to change his life after being released from prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the connection in the story between Mary Elizabeth Hull, Sister Husband, and Ray? Do they meet at the same place? Explain as much as you can about this connection.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the parallel between names in this book and names within the Christmas nativity. What are the religious connections?
Essay Topic 3
Home is a major theme of the story. Describe how this theme is important to Forney, Lexie, Sister Husband, Moses, and Benny.
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)