Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "cabin a couple hundred feet from the house" called?
2. What gift did Novalee want for Christmas and not receive from grandma?
3. Who does Novalee visit in Chapter 6?
4. What is Forney's sister's real job?
5. Where does the important event that happens to Novalee occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Novalee show her unique perspective of photography at Rattlesnake Ridge?
2. What is a way that Lexie has acknowledged her children have change?
3. How does Novalee mourn the loss of Sister Husband?
4. How does Forney contrast to Novalee?
5. What are Lexie's children's names and what do they tell us about Lexie?
6. Contrast "pick of the litter" in the conversations between Novalee and Lexie.
7. How have Novalee and Forney helped each other to heal in Chapter 33?
8. How is Delphia similar to the kind of woman Willy Jack usually encounters?
9. Novalee visits the Whitecotton place. What does she learn?
10. What is the true nature of Willy Jack Pickens?
Home is a major theme of the story. Describe how this theme is important to Forney, Lexie, Sister Husband, Moses, and Benny.
Lexie becomes a key friend to Novalee. Explain ways that she and her children have shown they have matured from the time they were first introduced.
The media, Sam Walton, Momma Nell, and Lexie are all characters that Novalee encountered at the hospital. How does the hospital turn out to be a transitional point in the story? Give three reasons and explain why they are transitional.
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)