|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The names of Lexie's four children symbolizes her obsession with....
2. Sam Walton hands Novalee an envelope. What does it contain?
3. What is Forney's sister's real job?
4. What gift did Novalee want for Christmas and not receive from grandma?
5. Who comes to help Novalee at the important event in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Novalee's daughter's name, Americus?
2. How does Forney contrast to Novalee?
3. What does Novalee find in the library?
4. How has Novalee's vision of photography changed?
5. How does Novalee show her unique perspective of photography at Rattlesnake Ridge?
6. Why is Willy Jack pulled over?
7. What is ironic about where Sister Husband lives and Novalee and her dream?
8. How is Novalee building the life she dreamed of?
9. Where do the police find Americus?
10. Who are the police considering as suspects in the disappearance of Americus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Willy Jack is known to use women and get what he wants. Some of the women Willy Jack encounters are passive while others are assertive. List and describe the women Willy Jack comes into contact with and the interaction between them. Do the women get even with him or not?
Essay Topic 2
How are each of the gifts Novalee receives her first day in town at Wal-Mart symbolic to her own life? Tell what the gift is, what is symbolic about it, and how does this symbolism relate to Novalee.
Essay Topic 3
Describe ways that Lexie and Novalee are the same and ways in which they are different.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)