|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of car does Willy Jack drive?
2. What is Novalee afraid will happen because she has not taken care of the gift?
3. Novalee begins taking birth control after how many dates with Troy?
4. Novalee goes to the library looking for a book about...
5. What did Grandma Burgess paint on the living room wall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some clues that tell Novalee's life is improving throughout Chapter 23?
2. What does Novalee find in the library?
3. Why is Claire obsessed with Band-Aids?
4. How has Novalee's vision of photography changed?
5. As a result of Novalee's childhood, what does she do for Americus?
6. Describe how Novalee helps out during the tornado.
7. How are Novalee and Forney similar?
8. Explain how Novalee and Lexie are similar and how Troy and Willy Jack are similar.
9. Why is the buckeye tree important to Novalee?
10. Where do the police find Americus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are times within the story that foreshadowing is a key element. List at least 3 events of foreshadowing evident throughout the story. Do you think that the author used foreshadowing effectively in this story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What are the ten most important events in the story? Explain the events in order of occurrence and explain why you believe they are the most important events.
Essay Topic 3
A lot happened to Forney within the story. Show specific ways that Forney has grown in his character throughout the story.
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)