|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important event happens in Chapter 8?
2. How many children does Lexie Coup have?
3. Chapter 23 talks about what natural disaster?
4. Who helps Novalee search for Americus at three in the morning?
5. What does Novalee ask of this character when she visits?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Novalee learn about Benny's heritage through photography?
2. As a result of Novalee's childhood, what does she do for Americus?
3. Novalee visits the Whitecotton place. What does she learn?
4. How has Novalee changed over the course of this book?
5. What are the gifts Novalee receives in Chapter 2 and who are they from?
6. How does Novalee show her unique perspective of photography at Rattlesnake Ridge?
7. Why is Willy Jack pulled over?
8. Explain how Novalee and Lexie are similar and how Troy and Willy Jack are similar.
9. What is the significance of Novalee's daughter's name, Americus?
10. How is Novalee building the life she dreamed of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A lot happened to Forney within the story. Show specific ways that Forney has grown in his character throughout the story.
Essay Topic 2
Willy Jack is known to use women and get what he wants. Some of the women Willy Jack encounters are passive while others are assertive. List and describe the women Willy Jack comes into contact with and the interaction between them. Do the women get even with him or not?
Essay Topic 3
Three main settings in the story are Wal-Mart, the library, and the hospital. While these are not the only settings, how do these settings contribute to the outcome of the story? Would the story outcome be different if there was no library? Would Forney and Novalee have met? If not, in what setting would they have met to keep with the story line?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)