Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "cabin a couple hundred feet from the house" called?
2. What gift did Novalee want for Christmas and not receive from grandma?
3. Who does Novalee visit in Chapter 6?
4. What is Forney's sister's real job?
5. Where does the important event that happens to Novalee occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Novalee show her unique perspective of photography at Rattlesnake Ridge?
2. What is a way that Lexie has acknowledged her children have change?
3. How does Novalee mourn the loss of Sister Husband?
4. How does Forney contrast to Novalee?
5. What are Lexie's children's names and what do they tell us about Lexie?
6. Contrast "pick of the litter" in the conversations between Novalee and Lexie.
7. How have Novalee and Forney helped each other to heal in Chapter 33?
8. How is Delphia similar to the kind of woman Willy Jack usually encounters?
9. Novalee visits the Whitecotton place. What does she learn?
10. What is the true nature of Willy Jack Pickens?
Lexie becomes a key friend to Novalee. Explain ways that she and her children have shown they have matured from the time they were first introduced.
Explain the importance of names, as emphasized by Moses Whitecotton. Further, explain the parallel between names in this book and those of the Christmas nativity.
The buckeye tree and the Christmas tree are important in this story. To whom are they important? Why and how are they important? Is there a relationship between these trees and superstition?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)