Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "cabin a couple hundred feet from the house" called?
2. What gift did Novalee want for Christmas and not receive from grandma?
3. Who does Novalee visit in Chapter 6?
4. What is Forney's sister's real job?
5. Where does the important event that happens to Novalee occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Novalee show her unique perspective of photography at Rattlesnake Ridge?
2. What is a way that Lexie has acknowledged her children have change?
3. How does Novalee mourn the loss of Sister Husband?
4. How does Forney contrast to Novalee?
5. What are Lexie's children's names and what do they tell us about Lexie?
6. Contrast "pick of the litter" in the conversations between Novalee and Lexie.
7. How have Novalee and Forney helped each other to heal in Chapter 33?
8. How is Delphia similar to the kind of woman Willy Jack usually encounters?
9. Novalee visits the Whitecotton place. What does she learn?
10. What is the true nature of Willy Jack Pickens?
Essay Topic 1
What is the connection in the story between Mary Elizabeth Hull, Sister Husband, and Ray? Do they meet at the same place? Explain as much as you can about this connection.
Essay Topic 2
There are times within the story that foreshadowing is a key element. List at least 3 events of foreshadowing evident throughout the story. Do you think that the author used foreshadowing effectively in this story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Novalee wanted her own home. Describe what you believe Novalee's ideal home would be like. Does she achieve this in the story? Why?
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)