|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does part of the letter written to Americus say?
(a) Read a book every week.
(b) Learn Latin before third grade.
(c) Take care of your mother.
(d) I'm coming to visit you.
2. How many months pregnant is Lexie in Chapter 25?
3. Where is Lexie's wedding?
(b) City Park.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 29, who calls Novalee while she is working on photography?
5. After arriving at the wedding, what does Novalee realize she forgot at home?
(a) A present.
(c) A flash.
(d) A camera.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman Willy Jack leaves the bar with?
2. Who does Novalee take Americus to before going to see Willy Jack?
3. Novalee learns that all of the Hull men graduated from what college?
4. When Novalee enters Lexie's, who is rocking back and forth?
5. When Novalee enters Lexie's, who tries to talk to Novalee but can't?
Short Essay Questions
1. What stages does Novalee see in Benny?
2. How does Novalee attempt to console Lexie throughout Chapter 30?
3. Why is Novalee worried about going to the photography seminar?
4. How does Forney leaving affect everyone?
5. Novalee's dream in Chapter 1 is a similar foreshadowing to what event in Chapter 32?
6. Why does Brummett call Novalee at the start of Chapter 29?
7. How does Sister Husband have an influence on Novalee?
8. What is a way that Lexie has acknowledged her children have change?
9. What does "Look at all you've done, Novalee, look at all you've done for yourself" mean?
10. How does seeing the lights on in the hotel room enlighten Novalee?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)