|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is this character unable to talk?
(a) Her teeth hurt.
(b) Her face is beat-up.
(c) She has Laryngitis.
(d) No answers are correct.
2. Where is Lexie's wedding?
(b) City Park.
3. Through which university does Novalee attend a seminar?
(a) Southwestern State.
(b) Southeastern State.
(c) Northwestern State.
(d) Northeastern State.
4. What state did Forney travel to for the funeral of Mary Elizabeth?
(d) New York.
5. When the new library is built, who will the be new librarian?
(b) Forney's sister.
(c) Mayor's daughter.
(d) Mayor's grandaughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the photograph of that Novalee works on at her workstation?
2. Where are Novalee and Americus going to meet Lexie and her children when Lexie shares that she is pregnant?
3. Willy Jack sings along to "The Beat of a Heart" on the jukebox sung by....
4. At the beginning of Chapter 29, where was Novalee going through negatives and prints?
5. Ruth Meyers and Claire Hudson have both been __________ by Willy Jack.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does seeing the lights on in the hotel room enlighten Novalee?
2. What is meant by Lexie finally finding good luck?
3. What is the significance of Lexie's childrens' name change in Chapter 29?
4. Why are Certain and Moses suffering with broken hearts in Chapter 25?
5. What is a way that Lexie has acknowledged her children have change?
6. Why does Brummett call Novalee at the start of Chapter 29?
7. How have Novalee and Forney helped each other to heal in Chapter 33?
8. How does Retha Holloway make Novalee feel insecure about the difference between she and Forney?
9. How is the buckeye tree given to Novalee by Benny symbolic for both characters?
10. What is important to Novalee as she decorates her new house?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)