|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Americus give her mom as medicine?
(a) Sweet Tarts.
(c) Gum balls.
2. Why is this character unable to talk?
(a) She has Laryngitis.
(b) Her teeth hurt.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) Her face is beat-up.
3. Where do Benny and Novalee communicate about various topics?
(a) The Biddle home.
(c) The wedding.
4. How many children do Lexie and her husband have between them?
5. Because of Lexie's condition, where do Lexie's children stay?
(c) The Whitecotton's.
(d) The Ortiz's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Putnam, the professor of the photography seminar, take the class?
2. What is causing Lexie the most pain?
3. How many days was Sister Husband on life support?
4. Through which university does Novalee attend a seminar?
5. Who watches Americus during the day while Novalee is working?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Novalee talks to the camera shop owner, and why is it significant to Novalee?
2. Novalee's dream in Chapter 1 is a similar foreshadowing to what event in Chapter 32?
3. What stages does Novalee see in Benny?
4. Why are Certain and Moses suffering with broken hearts in Chapter 25?
5. What is the two-fold meaning of the word "disconnected"?
6. How does Retha Holloway make Novalee feel insecure about the difference between she and Forney?
7. Why does Brummett call Novalee at the start of Chapter 29?
8. What happens with the women Willy Jack charms?
9. How have Novalee and Forney helped each other to heal in Chapter 33?
10. How does Novalee attempt to console Lexie throughout Chapter 30?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)