|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Sister Husband when she died?
2. Who watches Americus when Novalee works at night?
(c) Mrs. Ortiz.
3. At the end of the book, who does Novalee call after talking with Willy Jack?
(c) Mr. Ortiz.
4. When the new library is built, who will the be new librarian?
(a) Mayor's grandaughter.
(b) Mayor's daughter.
(d) Forney's sister.
5. How many months pregnant is Lexie in Chapter 25?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth Meyers and Claire Hudson have both been __________ by Willy Jack.
2. Willy Jack sings along to "The Beat of a Heart" on the jukebox sung by....
3. Claire Hudson contacts Ruth Meyers because...
4. Where does Novalee kiss someone in Chapter 37?
5. What condition is Willy Jack in when Novalee goes to visit him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with the women Willy Jack charms?
2. Why does Brummett call Novalee at the start of Chapter 29?
3. How does Retha Holloway make Novalee feel insecure about the difference between she and Forney?
4. How does Forney leaving affect everyone?
5. Who is Ray and how does he change Novalee's life?
6. Why are Certain and Moses suffering with broken hearts in Chapter 25?
7. What stages does Novalee see in Benny?
8. Through Chapter 26, how are Novalee and Willy Jack's lives going in opposite directions?
9. In Chapter 33, how are both good and bad luck shown?
10. What happens when Novalee talks to the camera shop owner, and why is it significant to Novalee?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)