|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since Roger Briscoe, Brummett has been in trouble for:
2. Where is Lexie's wedding?
(d) City Park.
3. What is the topic of the photography seminar that Novalee attends in Chapter 31?
(a) Lens adjustment.
(b) Printing techniques.
(c) When to use flashes.
(d) Darkroom strategies.
4. Claire Hudson contacts Ruth Meyers because...
(a) She wants to see WIlly Jack.
(b) She has a copyright on the song Willy Jack sings.
(c) Claire and Ruth are friends.
(d) She has something to give Willy Jack.
5. How many pictures does Novalee end up taking for the photography seminar in Chapter 31?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this character unable to talk?
2. What makes Ruth Meyers call Willy Jack a liar?
3. Because of the events with Roger Briscoe, who does Lexie take Praline and Brummett to see?
4. When Novalee enters Lexie's, who is rocking back and forth?
5. While Novalee leaves to do another photography job, who does Americus stay with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made Novalee take a job as a photographer?
2. Why are Certain and Moses suffering with broken hearts in Chapter 25?
3. How does Sister Husband have an influence on Novalee?
4. Novalee's dream in Chapter 1 is a similar foreshadowing to what event in Chapter 32?
5. How is Delphia similar to the kind of woman Willy Jack usually encounters?
6. Through Chapter 26, how are Novalee and Willy Jack's lives going in opposite directions?
7. Why does Brummett call Novalee at the start of Chapter 29?
8. What is a way that Lexie has acknowledged her children have change?
9. How does Novalee attempt to console Lexie throughout Chapter 30?
10. How does Retha Holloway make Novalee feel insecure about the difference between she and Forney?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)