|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cowpokes?
(a) A town in Nevada.
(b) A nickname for Willy Jack.
(c) A club Willy Jack plays in.
(d) A nickname for Willy Jack's jail.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 29, where was Novalee going through negatives and prints?
(a) Family room.
(d) Living room.
3. Lexie's husband is going to get Brummett into what?
(c) Martial Arts.
4. What is the photograph of that Novalee works on at her workstation?
(b) A Frog.
(c) A Lizard.
(d) An Insect.
5. Where is the music Novalee hears coming from in Chapter 37?
(a) A car.
(b) Someone's house.
(c) There really is no music.
(d) A pick-up.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 37, who does Novalee see on her porch when she looks outside?
2. Willy Jack sings along to "The Beat of a Heart" on the jukebox sung by....
3. According to Ray, what did Sister Husband leave Novalee in her will?
4. What is the profession of Lexie's husband?
5. Where does Novalee kiss someone in Chapter 37?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 33, how are both good and bad luck shown?
2. How is Delphia similar to the kind of woman Willy Jack usually encounters?
3. Who is Ray and how does he change Novalee's life?
4. Why are Certain and Moses suffering with broken hearts in Chapter 25?
5. How does seeing the lights on in the hotel room enlighten Novalee?
6. What is the two-fold meaning of the word "disconnected"?
7. How does Novalee attempt to console Lexie throughout Chapter 30?
8. How does Forney leaving affect everyone?
9. What is meant by Lexie finally finding good luck?
10. Why is Novalee worried about going to the photography seminar?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)