|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is this character unable to talk?
(a) She has Laryngitis.
(b) Her face is beat-up.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) Her teeth hurt.
2. How old is Novalee in Chapter 37?
3. At the end of the book, who does Novalee call after talking with Willy Jack?
(b) Mr. Ortiz.
4. Where does Novalee locate Forney in Chapter 35?
(c) Barnes and Noble.
(d) Chaucer's Book Store.
5. Praline has had bad dreams and is afraid of....
(a) Her siblings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lexie raves to Novalee about what in Chapter 28?
2. How long will Lexie require a wire to help with her injuries?
3. Shortly after Novalee gets home, who calls her?
4. Novalee sees Retha Holloway. Who is she?
5. What does Novalee learn from Moses?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Q-tip help Novalee in her photography?
2. What are the things that Novalee copes with throughout Chapter 24?
3. Contrast "pick of the litter" in the conversations between Novalee and Lexie.
4. What is a way that Lexie has acknowledged her children have change?
5. Novalee's dream in Chapter 1 is a similar foreshadowing to what event in Chapter 32?
6. What happens with the women Willy Jack charms?
7. What made Novalee take a job as a photographer?
8. How is the buckeye tree given to Novalee by Benny symbolic for both characters?
9. How does seeing the lights on in the hotel room enlighten Novalee?
10. What is meant by Lexie finally finding good luck?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)