|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Novalee kiss someone in Chapter 37?
(a) In a pick-up.
(b) In Novalee's house.
(c) Under the buckeye tree.
(d) On the porch.
2. Who watches Americus during the day while Novalee is working?
(a) Mrs. Ortiz.
3. Who is Lexie getting married to?
(a) Forney Hull.
(b) Benny Goodluck.
(c) Willy Jack Pickens.
(d) Leon Yoder.
4. At the end of the book, where does Novalee say she is going?
(d) Tellico Plains.
5. Where does Novalle see the headline "Victim's Wheelchair Stolen"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Shortly after Novalee gets home, who calls her?
2. The headline is about Willy Jack. Where is Willy Jack?
3. What type of car does the woman who Willy Jack leaves the bar with drive?
4. What city do most of the letters written to Americus come from?
5. Novalee thinks the person on her porch should be where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is important to Novalee as she decorates her new house?
2. What stages does Novalee see in Benny?
3. What does "Look at all you've done, Novalee, look at all you've done for yourself" mean?
4. How does the Q-tip help Novalee in her photography?
5. How is Delphia similar to the kind of woman Willy Jack usually encounters?
6. What is the two-fold meaning of the word "disconnected"?
7. How does Forney leaving affect everyone?
8. What happens when Novalee talks to the camera shop owner, and why is it significant to Novalee?
9. In Chapter 33, how are both good and bad luck shown?
10. Who is Ray and how does he change Novalee's life?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)