|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Claire Hudson contacts Ruth Meyers because...
(a) She wants to see WIlly Jack.
(b) She has a copyright on the song Willy Jack sings.
(c) She has something to give Willy Jack.
(d) Claire and Ruth are friends.
2. Where does Willy Jack and a woman drive to in Chapter 32?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) San Fransisco.
(d) Las Vegas.
3. Where does Novalle see the headline "Victim's Wheelchair Stolen"?
4. What is the profession of Lexie's husband?
5. What is Cowpokes?
(a) A nickname for Willy Jack.
(b) A town in Nevada.
(c) A nickname for Willy Jack's jail.
(d) A club Willy Jack plays in.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the book, where does Novalee say she is going?
2. What is the photograph of that Novalee works on at her workstation?
3. Shortly after Novalee gets home, who calls her?
4. In what year does Chapter 24 take place?
5. Where does Dr. Putnam, the professor of the photography seminar, take the class?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Novalee worried about going to the photography seminar?
2. Contrast "pick of the litter" in the conversations between Novalee and Lexie.
3. How does Novalee attempt to console Lexie throughout Chapter 30?
4. How does the number 7 in Chapter 38 connect with Chapter 1?
5. Novalee's dream in Chapter 1 is a similar foreshadowing to what event in Chapter 32?
6. How does Sister Husband have an influence on Novalee?
7. In Chapter 33, how are both good and bad luck shown?
8. Why does Brummett call Novalee at the start of Chapter 29?
9. How does seeing the lights on in the hotel room enlighten Novalee?
10. What is the two-fold meaning of the word "disconnected"?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)