|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Novalee go to see in a hotel in Chapter 34?
(c) Moses Whitecotton.
(d) Benny Goodluck.
2. Where did Lexie and her husband meet?
(d) City Park.
3. What type of car does the woman who Willy Jack leaves the bar with drive?
4. Who watches Americus when Novalee works at night?
(c) Mrs. Ortiz.
5. What does Willy Jack continually hear Novalee tell him in his head?
(a) "Feel that?".
(b) "The Beat of a Heart".
(c) "Home is where the heart is".
(d) "Love You".
Short Answer Questions
1. Since Roger Briscoe, Brummett has been in trouble for:
2. How many pictures does Novalee end up taking for the photography seminar in Chapter 31?
3. While Novalee is at work at the service counter, what happens?
4. After Novalee is in HER house, what time does she get home from working at Wal-Mart?
5. Where is Lexie's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Lexie's childrens' name change in Chapter 29?
2. What happens when Novalee talks to the camera shop owner, and why is it significant to Novalee?
3. What does "Look at all you've done, Novalee, look at all you've done for yourself" mean?
4. How have Novalee and Forney helped each other to heal in Chapter 33?
5. Why does Brummett call Novalee at the start of Chapter 29?
6. What stages does Novalee see in Benny?
7. Why is Novalee worried about going to the photography seminar?
8. Novalee's dream in Chapter 1 is a similar foreshadowing to what event in Chapter 32?
9. How does Retha Holloway make Novalee feel insecure about the difference between she and Forney?
10. In Chapter 33, how are both good and bad luck shown?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)