|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through which university does Novalee attend a seminar?
(a) Northwestern State.
(b) Southeastern State.
(c) Northeastern State.
(d) Southwestern State.
2. How many months pregnant is Lexie in Chapter 25?
3. What does Willy Jack continually hear Novalee tell him in his head?
(a) "The Beat of a Heart".
(b) "Feel that?".
(c) "Home is where the heart is".
(d) "Love You".
4. Because of the events with Roger Briscoe, who does Lexie take Praline and Brummett to see?
5. Why is this character unable to talk?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) Her teeth hurt.
(c) She has Laryngitis.
(d) Her face is beat-up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sister Husband buried?
2. According to Ray, what did Sister Husband leave Novalee in her will?
3. What is Cowpokes?
4. What is the profession of Lexie's husband?
5. Where does Novalee locate Forney in Chapter 35?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Novalee attempt to console Lexie throughout Chapter 30?
2. How does seeing the lights on in the hotel room enlighten Novalee?
3. How is the buckeye tree given to Novalee by Benny symbolic for both characters?
4. What is a way that Lexie has acknowledged her children have change?
5. What happens when Novalee talks to the camera shop owner, and why is it significant to Novalee?
6. What happens with the women Willy Jack charms?
7. Contrast "pick of the litter" in the conversations between Novalee and Lexie.
8. How does Novalee mourn the loss of Sister Husband?
9. How is Delphia similar to the kind of woman Willy Jack usually encounters?
10. How does the number 7 in Chapter 38 connect with Chapter 1?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)