|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Claire Hudson contacts Ruth Meyers because...
(a) She has something to give Willy Jack.
(b) She has a copyright on the song Willy Jack sings.
(c) She wants to see WIlly Jack.
(d) Claire and Ruth are friends.
2. Where does Dr. Putnam, the professor of the photography seminar, take the class?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 37, who does Novalee see on her porch when she looks outside?
(c) Willy Jack.
4. What is causing Lexie the most pain?
(b) Cracked ribs.
5. Roger Briscoe, Lexie's boyfriend, did what to Brummett?
(a) Raped Brummett.
(b) Helped Brummett with homework.
(c) Hugged Brummett.
(d) Took Brummett to a ballgame.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Novalee locate Forney in Chapter 35?
2. Who watches Americus when Novalee works at night?
3. What is the name of the woman Willy Jack leaves the bar with?
4. Where is the music Novalee hears coming from in Chapter 37?
5. How old was Sister Husband when she died?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Novalee mourn the loss of Sister Husband?
2. What happens when Novalee talks to the camera shop owner, and why is it significant to Novalee?
3. How does Retha Holloway make Novalee feel insecure about the difference between she and Forney?
4. How does the Q-tip help Novalee in her photography?
5. How does seeing the lights on in the hotel room enlighten Novalee?
6. Contrast "pick of the litter" in the conversations between Novalee and Lexie.
7. How is Delphia similar to the kind of woman Willy Jack usually encounters?
8. What does "Look at all you've done, Novalee, look at all you've done for yourself" mean?
9. What is the two-fold meaning of the word "disconnected"?
10. Novalee's dream in Chapter 1 is a similar foreshadowing to what event in Chapter 32?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)