|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Novalee learn from Moses?
(a) He and his wife are moving.
(b) Wedding pictures are very important.
(c) He is sick.
(d) His wife is sick.
2. What is the name of the woman Willy Jack leaves the bar with?
3. At the end of the book, who does Novalee call after talking with Willy Jack?
(c) Mr. Ortiz.
4. What is the topic of the photography seminar that Novalee attends in Chapter 31?
(a) Printing techniques.
(b) When to use flashes.
(c) Darkroom strategies.
(d) Lens adjustment.
5. Novalee cannot stop thinking about someone in Chapter 34. Who is it?
(c) Willy Jack.
(d) Sister Husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Novalee sees Retha Holloway. Who is she?
2. How many children do Lexie and her husband have between them?
3. Because of the natural disaster, Novalee learns that Wal-Mart was destroyed and would not be rebuilt in it's current location. The new Wal-Mart is being built how many miles away from where it originally was?
4. What does Willy Jack tell Johnny DeSoto that he really needs?
5. Who does Novalee take Americus to before going to see Willy Jack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made Novalee take a job as a photographer?
2. What is the significance of Lexie's childrens' name change in Chapter 29?
3. Why does Brummett call Novalee at the start of Chapter 29?
4. How does Forney leaving affect everyone?
5. Who is Ray and how does he change Novalee's life?
6. What does "Look at all you've done, Novalee, look at all you've done for yourself" mean?
7. What are the things that Novalee copes with throughout Chapter 24?
8. How does Novalee mourn the loss of Sister Husband?
9. What is meant by Lexie finally finding good luck?
10. What is the two-fold meaning of the word "disconnected"?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)