|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Novalee is at work at the service counter, what happens?
(a) Someone tries to rob Wal-Mart.
(b) A gunman enters.
(c) Novalee sees Willy Jack.
(d) A moment of silence is taken.
2. What condition is Willy Jack in when Novalee goes to visit him?
3. Claire Hudson contacts Ruth Meyers because...
(a) She has a copyright on the song Willy Jack sings.
(b) Claire and Ruth are friends.
(c) She wants to see WIlly Jack.
(d) She has something to give Willy Jack.
4. Where does Novalee kiss someone in Chapter 37?
(a) In a pick-up.
(b) Under the buckeye tree.
(c) In Novalee's house.
(d) On the porch.
5. How long will Lexie require a wire to help with her injuries?
(a) Eight weeks.
(b) Seven weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Five weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Novalee cannot stop thinking about someone in Chapter 34. Who is it?
2. When Novalee enters Lexie's, who is naked except for socks?
3. Why is this character unable to talk?
4. How old is Novalee in Chapter 37?
5. In Chapter 31, Novalee is at a photography seminar that occurs on what day of the week?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Forney leaving affect everyone?
2. Who is Ray and how does he change Novalee's life?
3. How does the number 7 in Chapter 38 connect with Chapter 1?
4. How does the Q-tip help Novalee in her photography?
5. How have Novalee and Forney helped each other to heal in Chapter 33?
6. Why is Novalee worried about going to the photography seminar?
7. How is Delphia similar to the kind of woman Willy Jack usually encounters?
8. How does seeing the lights on in the hotel room enlighten Novalee?
9. Through Chapter 26, how are Novalee and Willy Jack's lives going in opposite directions?
10. How does Novalee attempt to console Lexie throughout Chapter 30?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)