|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of Chapter 27, how long has Novalee been in HER house?
(a) Three months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Five months.
2. What city do most of the letters written to Americus come from?
(a) Las Vegas.
(d) Washington, DC.
3. How many months pregnant is Lexie in Chapter 25?
4. Where do Benny and Novalee communicate about various topics?
(b) The Biddle home.
(c) The wedding.
5. Through which university does Novalee attend a seminar?
(a) Northeastern State.
(b) Southwestern State.
(c) Southeastern State.
(d) Northwestern State.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state did Forney travel to for the funeral of Mary Elizabeth?
2. Because of the events with Roger Briscoe, who does Lexie take Praline and Brummett to see?
3. Novalee learns that all of the Hull men graduated from what college?
4. What is the name of the woman Willy Jack leaves the bar with?
5. Roger Briscoe, Lexie's boyfriend, did what to Brummett?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with the women Willy Jack charms?
2. What stages does Novalee see in Benny?
3. In Chapter 33, how are both good and bad luck shown?
4. Through Chapter 26, how are Novalee and Willy Jack's lives going in opposite directions?
5. How is Delphia similar to the kind of woman Willy Jack usually encounters?
6. Novalee's dream in Chapter 1 is a similar foreshadowing to what event in Chapter 32?
7. How have Novalee and Forney helped each other to heal in Chapter 33?
8. How does Forney leaving affect everyone?
9. How is the buckeye tree given to Novalee by Benny symbolic for both characters?
10. Why does Brummett call Novalee at the start of Chapter 29?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)