|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Novalee enters Lexie's, who tries to talk to Novalee but can't?
2. What is the profession of Lexie's husband?
3. Where does Dr. Putnam, the professor of the photography seminar, take the class?
4. How old was Sister Husband when she died?
5. How much money did Novalee get for her first photography job?
(a) Seventy dollars.
(b) Fifty dollars.
(c) Sixty dollars.
(d) Eighty dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies as a result of the fire?
2. Who watches Americus during the day while Novalee is working?
3. When Novalee enters Lexie's, who is naked except for socks?
4. As Novalee and Lexie get closer to home, a fire truck passes. What do they learn is on fire?
5. After Novalee is in HER house, what time does she get home from working at Wal-Mart?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does "Look at all you've done, Novalee, look at all you've done for yourself" mean?
2. Novalee's dream in Chapter 1 is a similar foreshadowing to what event in Chapter 32?
3. What happens when Novalee talks to the camera shop owner, and why is it significant to Novalee?
4. What is the significance of Lexie's childrens' name change in Chapter 29?
5. What made Novalee take a job as a photographer?
6. What is important to Novalee as she decorates her new house?
7. What is meant by Lexie finally finding good luck?
8. Why does Brummett call Novalee at the start of Chapter 29?
9. Why are Certain and Moses suffering with broken hearts in Chapter 25?
10. How have Novalee and Forney helped each other to heal in Chapter 33?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)