|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the book, who does Novalee call after talking with Willy Jack?
(a) Mr. Ortiz.
2. What type of car does the woman who Willy Jack leaves the bar with drive?
3. After arriving at the wedding, what does Novalee realize she forgot at home?
(a) A present.
(b) A flash.
(c) A camera.
4. Ruth Meyers and Claire Hudson have both been __________ by Willy Jack.
5. After Novalee is in HER house, what time does she get home from working at Wal-Mart?
(c) Ten o'clock.
(d) Nine o'clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who watches Americus during the day while Novalee is working?
2. Since Roger Briscoe, Brummett has been in trouble for:
3. Why does Certain say Moses is "staying busy with a broken hand"?
4. Through which university does Novalee attend a seminar?
5. How many days was Sister Husband on life support?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Novalee talks to the camera shop owner, and why is it significant to Novalee?
2. Contrast "pick of the litter" in the conversations between Novalee and Lexie.
3. How does Novalee mourn the loss of Sister Husband?
4. How does seeing the lights on in the hotel room enlighten Novalee?
5. In Chapter 33, how are both good and bad luck shown?
6. How does Novalee attempt to console Lexie throughout Chapter 30?
7. What is the two-fold meaning of the word "disconnected"?
8. How does Sister Husband have an influence on Novalee?
9. What happens with the women Willy Jack charms?
10. What stages does Novalee see in Benny?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)