|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ray, what did Sister Husband leave Novalee in her will?
(a) The truck.
(b) Her land and trailer.
(c) Her family record book.
(d) Copied chapters of the Bible.
2. Where is Sister Husband buried?
(a) Risen Lord Cemetery.
(b) Everlasting Cemetery.
(c) Lord of Life Cemetery.
(d) Paradise Cemetery.
3. How much weight has Lexie lost with her mouth wired shut?
(a) Sixty pounds.
(b) Fifty pounds.
(c) Seventy pounds.
(d) Eighty pounds.
4. Where does Novalle see the headline "Victim's Wheelchair Stolen"?
5. Where is Lexie's wedding?
(b) City Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies as a result of the fire?
2. Novalee thinks the person on her porch should be where?
3. How many days was Sister Husband on life support?
4. After arriving at the wedding, what does Novalee realize she forgot at home?
5. How many months pregnant is Lexie in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. Through Chapter 26, how are Novalee and Willy Jack's lives going in opposite directions?
2. In Chapter 33, how are both good and bad luck shown?
3. What made Novalee take a job as a photographer?
4. What are the things that Novalee copes with throughout Chapter 24?
5. How does the number 7 in Chapter 38 connect with Chapter 1?
6. How does Novalee mourn the loss of Sister Husband?
7. Who is Ray and how does he change Novalee's life?
8. How does Retha Holloway make Novalee feel insecure about the difference between she and Forney?
9. What is important to Novalee as she decorates her new house?
10. How is the buckeye tree given to Novalee by Benny symbolic for both characters?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)