|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Novalee leaves to do another photography job, who does Americus stay with?
(c) Mrs. Ortiz.
(d) The Whitecottons.
2. Who is Lexie getting married to?
(a) Leon Yoder.
(b) Willy Jack Pickens.
(c) Benny Goodluck.
(d) Forney Hull.
3. Since Roger Briscoe, Brummett has been in trouble for:
4. At the beginning of Chapter 37, who does Novalee see on her porch when she looks outside?
(d) Willy Jack.
5. Why is this character unable to talk?
(a) Her face is beat-up.
(b) Her teeth hurt.
(c) She has Laryngitis.
(d) No answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies as a result of the fire?
2. Where does Novalee locate Forney in Chapter 35?
3. After arriving at the wedding, what does Novalee realize she forgot at home?
4. Where does Willy Jack and a woman drive to in Chapter 32?
5. Praline has had bad dreams and is afraid of....
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the two-fold meaning of the word "disconnected"?
2. Why are Certain and Moses suffering with broken hearts in Chapter 25?
3. What is the significance of Lexie's childrens' name change in Chapter 29?
4. How is Delphia similar to the kind of woman Willy Jack usually encounters?
5. What are the things that Novalee copes with throughout Chapter 24?
6. Through Chapter 26, how are Novalee and Willy Jack's lives going in opposite directions?
7. How is the buckeye tree given to Novalee by Benny symbolic for both characters?
8. What is important to Novalee as she decorates her new house?
9. Who is Ray and how does he change Novalee's life?
10. How does the Q-tip help Novalee in her photography?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)