|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the photograph of that Novalee works on at her workstation?
(a) An Insect.
(c) A Lizard.
(d) A Frog.
2. Where are Novalee and Americus going to meet Lexie and her children when Lexie shares that she is pregnant?
(b) The park.
(c) Burger King.
3. Where does Novalle see the headline "Victim's Wheelchair Stolen"?
4. What is "The Martin"?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 37, who does Novalee see on her porch when she looks outside?
(b) Willy Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 29, who calls Novalee while she is working on photography?
2. Through which university does Novalee attend a seminar?
3. What is the profession of Lexie's husband?
4. When the new library is built, who will the be new librarian?
5. How many days was Sister Husband on life support?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does "Look at all you've done, Novalee, look at all you've done for yourself" mean?
2. In Chapter 33, how are both good and bad luck shown?
3. Through Chapter 26, how are Novalee and Willy Jack's lives going in opposite directions?
4. How does Retha Holloway make Novalee feel insecure about the difference between she and Forney?
5. Why are Certain and Moses suffering with broken hearts in Chapter 25?
6. How is the buckeye tree given to Novalee by Benny symbolic for both characters?
7. How does the Q-tip help Novalee in her photography?
8. What made Novalee take a job as a photographer?
9. What are the things that Novalee copes with throughout Chapter 24?
10. What is the two-fold meaning of the word "disconnected"?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)