|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the hospital, Novalee receives what from different states?
(a) Mail and Money.
2. What gift did Novalee not receive from characters she met in Chapter 2?
(a) Welcome basket.
(b) Baby book.
(c) Buckeye tree.
3. What gift did Novalee want for Christmas and not receive from grandma?
(a) Video game.
(b) Doll house.
4. In the hospital, Novalee meets a girl who befriends her. Who is this?
5. What make of car does Novalee own?
(a) General Motors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Troy Moffatt?
2. While at Forney's, Novalee hears some loud, strange noises. Where did they come from?
3. What is a Rollei?
4. Novalee also meets Sam Walton. Who is he?
5. What specifically makes Novalee cry while searching for Americus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the police considering as suspects in the disappearance of Americus?
2. What is the true nature of Willy Jack Pickens?
3. How does the media react to Novalee's baby?
4. How has Novalee changed over the course of this book?
5. What are some clues that tell Novalee's life is improving throughout Chapter 23?
6. As a result of Novalee's childhood, what does she do for Americus?
7. What are the gifts Novalee receives in Chapter 2 and who are they from?
8. What does Novalee learn about Benny's heritage through photography?
9. Novalee visits the Whitecotton place. What does she learn?
10. How is the nativity scene symbolic of the life of Novalee?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)