|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Novalee goes to the library looking for a book about...
(a) Places in the city.
(b) Buckeye trees.
(d) Baby names.
2. What type of car does Willy Jack drive?
3. What color are Americus' eyes?
4. Who helps Novalee search for Americus at three in the morning?
(d) Sister Husband.
5. What is the "cabin a couple hundred feet from the house" called?
(d) Welcome Wagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides two books, what does Forney bring with him every evening when he visits?
2. At what church do the police cars respond to?
3. Why is Willy Jack arrested?
4. Why does Forney invite Novalee over to his place?
5. In the hospital, Novalee meets a girl who befriends her. Who is this?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the buckeye tree given to Novalee by Benny symbolic for both characters?
2. What does Novalee find in the library?
3. What is the significance of Novalee's daughter's name, Americus?
4. What happens when Novalee talks to the camera shop owner, and why is it significant to Novalee?
5. What is important to Novalee as she decorates her new house?
6. What made Novalee take a job as a photographer?
7. How does the Q-tip help Novalee in her photography?
8. How is Novalee building the life she dreamed of?
9. What stages does Novalee see in Benny?
10. How does Novalee mourn the loss of Sister Husband?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)