|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The names of Lexie's four children symbolizes her obsession with....
(b) None of the Above.
2. Why did Willy Jack go to this agency?
(a) Promise of auditions for club gigs.
(b) Promise of auditions for television show.
(c) Promise of auditions for party.
(d) Promise of auditions for record deals.
3. What gallery does Novalle attend on her trip in Chapter 22?
(a) Scientific Museum.
(b) Historical Museum.
(c) Photography Museum.
(d) Fairmont Museum.
4. Besides two books, what does Forney bring with him every evening when he visits?
(b) Alarm Clock.
(c) Gift for Americus.
5. Who does the policeman interview regarding Americus' disappearance?
(a) Sister Husband and Novalee.
(b) Sister Husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Grandma Burgess paint on the living room wall?
2. What city does Novalee travel to for a photo exhibit?
3. What is the name of the girl Willy Jack meets in Chapter 3?
4. What gift given to Novalee is she not taking care of?
5. What make the cellar shake?
Short Essay Questions
1. Novalee sees Moses at Wal-Mart. What is he doing there and why does it help Novalee?
2. What does Novalee learn about Benny's heritage through photography?
3. How does Forney contrast to Novalee?
4. As a result of Novalee's childhood, what does she do for Americus?
5. How are Novalee and Forney similar?
6. How are Willy Jack and Momma Nell alike?
7. Describe how Novalee helps out during the tornado.
8. Novalee visits the Whitecotton place. What does she learn?
9. What is the true nature of Willy Jack Pickens?
10. What are some clues that tell Novalee's life is improving throughout Chapter 23?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)