|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the hospital, Novalee meets a girl who befriends her. Who is this?
2. What is the relationship of Willy Jack Pickens and Novalee Nation?
(a) Boyfriend and girlfriend.
(b) Husband and wife.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Father and daughter.
3. Who picks up Novalee and Americus from the hospital?
(a) Sister Husband.
(b) Momma Nell.
(c) Forney Hull.
(d) Willy Jack.
4. What state does Willy Jack's mother live in?
5. Chapter 23 talks about what natural disaster?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam Walton hands Novalee an envelope. What does it contain?
2. Where does Novalee meet Lexie Coup for lunch?
3. How much older than Forney is his sister?
4. What city does Novalee travel to in Chapter 22?
5. Where does Novalee find a Rollei?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the buckeye tree important to Novalee?
2. How are Novalee and Forney similar?
3. What is ironic about where Sister Husband lives and Novalee and her dream?
4. What are the gifts Novalee receives in Chapter 2 and who are they from?
5. What does Novalee learn about Benny's heritage through photography?
6. How has Novalee changed over the course of this book?
7. Where do the police find Americus?
8. What are some clues that tell Novalee's life is improving throughout Chapter 23?
9. How does the media react to Novalee's baby?
10. Explain how Novalee and Lexie are similar and how Troy and Willy Jack are similar.
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)