|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Forney and Novalee return to Sister Husband's trailer, what do they see?
(a) Christmas Lights.
(b) Flashing red and blue lights.
(c) Car headlights.
(d) A deer.
2. At what church do the police cars respond to?
(a) Risen Life Church.
(b) Life of Christ Church.
(c) The Risen Christ Church.
(d) New Life Church.
3. What type of practice does Willy Jack do in Claire's office?
(a) Watch video tapes.
(c) None of the above.
4. What specifically makes Novalee cry while searching for Americus?
(a) Thinking of Americus.
(b) Thinking of all the people helping search.
(c) Missing Americus.
(d) Trying to make a train whistle noise.
5. What color are Americus' eyes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl Willy Jack meets in Chapter 3?
2. In the hospital, Novalee meets a girl who befriends her. Who is this?
3. While searching for Americus how many police cars with flashing lights pass?
4. What is the "cabin a couple hundred feet from the house" called?
5. Why does Novalee go to Rattlesnake Ridge?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the media react to Novalee's baby?
2. As a result of Novalee's childhood, what does she do for Americus?
3. Where do the police find Americus?
4. How does Forney contrast to Novalee?
5. How are Novalee and Forney similar?
6. Who are the police considering as suspects in the disappearance of Americus?
7. What is ironic about where Sister Husband lives and Novalee and her dream?
8. What is the significance of Novalee's daughter's name, Americus?
9. What are some clues that tell Novalee's life is improving throughout Chapter 23?
10. How is Novalee's superstition coming into play?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)