|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Novalee ask of this character when she visits?
(a) To move in.
(b) To plant the buckeye tree.
(c) To borrow money.
(d) To read the Bible.
2. Why did Willy Jack go to this agency?
(a) Promise of auditions for party.
(b) Promise of auditions for record deals.
(c) Promise of auditions for television show.
(d) Promise of auditions for club gigs.
3. What is the name of the girl Willy Jack meets in Chapter 3?
4. Novalee "clasps her hands in amazement". What does she see?
(a) Many books in the reading room.
(b) A delicious dinner.
(c) Forney dressed in a formal suit.
(d) Roses and candles in the reading room.
5. What is happening at the end of the Chapter 18 to make Novalee panic?
(a) Forney faints.
(b) Moses has died.
(c) Sister Husband had a heart attack.
(d) Americus has been taken.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Forney read when he visits each evening?
2. What is the photograph taken by Novalee called?
3. What specifically makes Novalee cry while searching for Americus?
4. What is Novalee afraid will happen because she has not taken care of the gift?
5. Who is Troy Moffatt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the buckeye tree important to Novalee?
2. How is Willy Jack trying to change his life after being released from prison?
3. What is ironic about where Sister Husband lives and Novalee and her dream?
4. Why is Claire obsessed with Band-Aids?
5. Novalee sees Moses at Wal-Mart. What is he doing there and why does it help Novalee?
6. How does Forney leaving affect everyone?
7. What are some clues that tell Novalee's life is improving throughout Chapter 23?
8. How are Willy Jack and Momma Nell alike?
9. How does the media react to Novalee's baby?
10. Contrast "pick of the litter" in the conversations between Novalee and Lexie.
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)