|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift did Novalee want for Christmas and not receive from grandma?
(b) Doll house.
(c) Video game.
2. Novalee also meets Sam Walton. Who is he?
(a) Her OB-GYN.
(b) The owner of Wal-Mart.
(c) Her nurse.
(d) Her doctor.
3. What is the photograph taken by Novalee called?
(a) Ridge of Sunrise.
(b) Glorious Sunrise.
(c) Rattlesnake Ridge.
(d) Oklahoma Benediction.
4. What did Willy Jack do to practice for his audition?
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Watch video tapes.
5. Who does the policeman interview regarding Americus' disappearance?
(a) Sister Husband.
(b) Sister Husband and Novalee.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many months is Willy Jack sentenced in jail for stealing?
2. Novalee calls Sister Husband from the hotel to check on Americus. What is the new song Americus learned while Novalee is on her trip?
3. What state does Willy Jack's mother live in?
4. What type of practice does Willy Jack do in Claire's office?
5. Why does Novalee have to take a trip in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Forney contrast to Novalee?
2. How does the media react to Novalee's baby?
3. How is the nativity scene symbolic of the life of Novalee?
4. As a result of Novalee's childhood, what does she do for Americus?
5. What are some clues that tell Novalee's life is improving throughout Chapter 23?
6. How has Novalee changed over the course of this book?
7. Where do the police find Americus?
8. Who are the police considering as suspects in the disappearance of Americus?
9. Why is the buckeye tree important to Novalee?
10. Novalee visits the Whitecotton place. What does she learn?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)