|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much older than Forney is his sister?
(a) Tweny years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Nineteen years.
(d) Eighteen years.
2. What is happening at the end of the Chapter 18 to make Novalee panic?
(a) Forney faints.
(b) Sister Husband had a heart attack.
(c) Moses has died.
(d) Americus has been taken.
3. Why does Novalee go to Rattlesnake Ridge?
(a) To photograph the sunset.
(b) To photograph the sunrise.
(c) To photograph animals.
(d) To photograph rattlesnakes.
4. Who does Willy Jack remind Claire of?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her father.
5. How old is Americus at the time of her disappearance?
(a) Seven months.
(b) Five months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Eight months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the neighbor who helps during the natural disaster?
2. Who does Novalee visit in Chapter 6?
3. Who does the policeman interview regarding Americus' disappearance?
4. Novalee also meets Sam Walton. Who is he?
5. What did Willy Jack do to practice for his audition?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Forney contrast to Novalee?
2. What are some clues that tell Novalee's life is improving throughout Chapter 23?
3. How are Willy Jack and Momma Nell alike?
4. How has Novalee changed over the course of this book?
5. Where do the police find Americus?
6. What is the true nature of Willy Jack Pickens?
7. What does Novalee learn about Benny's heritage through photography?
8. What are Lexie's children's names and what do they tell us about Lexie?
9. Novalee visits the Whitecotton place. What does she learn?
10. How is Ruth Meyers not like the other women in Willy Jack's life?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)