|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides two books, what does Forney bring with him every evening when he visits?
(a) Gift for Americus.
(c) Alarm Clock.
2. While in jail, Willy Jack meets Claire Hudson. Who is she?
3. What city does Novalee travel to in Chapter 22?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) Santa Fe.
4. What is happening at the end of the Chapter 18 to make Novalee panic?
(a) Americus has been taken.
(b) Moses has died.
(c) Sister Husband had a heart attack.
(d) Forney faints.
5. While searching for Americus how many police cars with flashing lights pass?
Short Answer Questions
1. Novalee "clasps her hands in amazement". What does she see?
2. What state were the couple from who came to share God's word with Novalee and Sister Husband?
3. The character who speaks of the importance of names is at Wal-Mart for a reason. Why is this character there?
4. How many months is Willy Jack sentenced in jail for stealing?
5. Novalee calls Sister Husband from the hotel to check on Americus. What is the new song Americus learned while Novalee is on her trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Novalee and Lexie are similar and how Troy and Willy Jack are similar.
2. Why is the buckeye tree important to Novalee?
3. How has Novalee changed over the course of this book?
4. Why is Claire obsessed with Band-Aids?
5. What are some clues that tell Novalee's life is improving throughout Chapter 23?
6. How does Novalee show her unique perspective of photography at Rattlesnake Ridge?
7. How is the nativity scene symbolic of the life of Novalee?
8. What is ironic about where Sister Husband lives and Novalee and her dream?
9. How is Willy Jack trying to change his life after being released from prison?
10. How are Willy Jack and Momma Nell alike?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)