|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Novalee "clasps her hands in amazement". What does she see?
(a) Forney dressed in a formal suit.
(b) Roses and candles in the reading room.
(c) Many books in the reading room.
(d) A delicious dinner.
2. What is the name of the girl Willy Jack meets in Chapter 3?
3. Novalee also meets Sam Walton. Who is he?
(a) The owner of Wal-Mart.
(b) Her doctor.
(c) Her nurse.
(d) Her OB-GYN.
4. What season of the year does Novalee visit Rattlesnake Ridge?
5. What is Novalee really worried about throughout Chapter 15?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Being pregnant.
(c) Getting fired from Wal-Mart.
(d) Staying friends with Lexie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Forney invite Novalee over to his place?
2. Who comes to the hospital to visit Novalee and tries to help her find her own apartment?
3. What make the cellar shake?
4. Who comes to help Novalee at the important event in Chapter 8?
5. What gift given to Novalee is she not taking care of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Claire obsessed with Band-Aids?
2. Novalee sees Moses at Wal-Mart. What is he doing there and why does it help Novalee?
3. Where do the police find Americus?
4. Explain how Novalee and Lexie are similar and how Troy and Willy Jack are similar.
5. Novalee visits the Whitecotton place. What does she learn?
6. How is the nativity scene symbolic of the life of Novalee?
7. Why is the buckeye tree important to Novalee?
8. How has Novalee changed over the course of this book?
9. How is Willy Jack trying to change his life after being released from prison?
10. What are the gifts Novalee receives in Chapter 2 and who are they from?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)