|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "cabin a couple hundred feet from the house" called?
(c) Welcome Wagon.
2. Why does Forney invite Novalee over to his place?
(a) To read a book together.
(b) To celebrate Novalee's birthday.
(c) To learn about trees.
(d) To see where Forney lives.
3. At the hospital, Novalee receives what from different states?
(d) Mail and Money.
4. What gift did Novalee want for Christmas and not receive from grandma?
(a) Doll house.
(b) Video game.
5. Who picks up Novalee and Americus from the hospital?
(a) Willy Jack.
(b) Sister Husband.
(c) Forney Hull.
(d) Momma Nell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Novalee have to take a trip in Chapter 22?
2. What gallery does Novalle attend on her trip in Chapter 22?
3. What does Novalee ask of this character when she visits?
4. Who does the policeman interview regarding Americus' disappearance?
5. What specifically makes Novalee cry while searching for Americus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Claire obsessed with Band-Aids?
2. How is the buckeye tree given to Novalee by Benny symbolic for both characters?
3. What does Novalee find in the library?
4. What is the two-fold meaning of the word "disconnected"?
5. Novalee's dream in Chapter 1 is a similar foreshadowing to what event in Chapter 32?
6. How is Willy Jack trying to change his life after being released from prison?
7. Why is the buckeye tree important to Novalee?
8. What are some clues that tell Novalee's life is improving throughout Chapter 23?
9. How does Retha Holloway make Novalee feel insecure about the difference between she and Forney?
10. How does Novalee show her unique perspective of photography at Rattlesnake Ridge?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)