|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "cabin a couple hundred feet from the house" called?
(d) Welcome Wagon.
2. What type of practice does Willy Jack do in Claire's office?
(b) Watch video tapes.
(c) None of the above.
3. What season of the year does Novalee visit Rattlesnake Ridge?
4. What is Novalee afraid will happen because she has not taken care of the gift?
(a) She will not have anything for her baby.
(b) The number 7 related to it.
(c) The person who gave it to her will be angry.
(d) The kind of luck she will have.
5. What is the relationship of Willy Jack Pickens and Novalee Nation?
(a) Father and daughter.
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Husband and wife.
(d) Boyfriend and girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Novalee travel to in Chapter 22?
2. At the hospital, Novalee receives what from different states?
3. Novalee meets a man named Forney at the library. What is distinct about Forney's appearance when they meet?
4. Who helps Novalee search for Americus at three in the morning?
5. How old is Novalee Nation when the story begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the buckeye tree given to Novalee by Benny symbolic for both characters?
2. How does the number 7 in Chapter 38 connect with Chapter 1?
3. How are Novalee and Forney similar?
4. Why are Certain and Moses suffering with broken hearts in Chapter 25?
5. Why does Brummett call Novalee at the start of Chapter 29?
6. How does Novalee show her unique perspective of photography at Rattlesnake Ridge?
7. How have Novalee and Forney helped each other to heal in Chapter 33?
8. Where do the police find Americus?
9. What made Novalee take a job as a photographer?
10. How does Forney contrast to Novalee?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)