|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the girl Willy Jack meets in Chapter 3?
2. Willy Jack Pickens and Novalee Nation are traveling when this novel begins. What state are they currently in?
3. "Moses did not take pictures Novalee had thought about." What type of pictures did Novalee think about?
(a) Americus throwing the bonnett off.
(b) Americus smiling with toys.
(c) Americus and Novalee together.
(d) Americus smiling.
4. Who comes to the hospital to visit Novalee and tries to help her find her own apartment?
(a) Momma Nell.
(b) Willy Jack.
(c) Moses Whitecotton.
(d) Forney Hull.
5. What number is Novalee Nation superstitious of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 23 talks about what natural disaster?
2. What color are Americus' eyes?
3. How old is Americus at the time of her disappearance?
4. At the hospital, Novalee receives what from different states?
5. Who helps Novalee search for Americus at three in the morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Novalee visits the Whitecotton place. What does she learn?
2. How has Novalee changed over the course of this book?
3. What does Novalee learn about Benny's heritage through photography?
4. How is Willy Jack trying to change his life after being released from prison?
5. What are some clues that tell Novalee's life is improving throughout Chapter 23?
6. What are the gifts Novalee receives in Chapter 2 and who are they from?
7. Why is Claire obsessed with Band-Aids?
8. Novalee sees Moses at Wal-Mart. What is he doing there and why does it help Novalee?
9. Describe how Novalee helps out during the tornado.
10. Where do the police find Americus?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)