|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important event happens in Chapter 8?
(a) Willy Jack comes to work.
(b) The buckeye tree dies.
(c) Novalee has her baby,
(d) Novalee learns how to read.
2. What is Forney's sister's real job?
(a) Wal-Mart employee.
3. Who does Novalee travel with on her trip in Chapter 22?
(b) Sister Husband.
4. What make of car does Novalee own?
(d) General Motors.
5. How long does Forney read when he visits each evening?
(a) Forty-five minutes.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) Sixty minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at Forney's, Novalee hears some loud, strange noises. Where did they come from?
2. What state were the couple from who came to share God's word with Novalee and Sister Husband?
3. Novalee "clasps her hands in amazement". What does she see?
4. What is the name of the bar Willy Jack stops at?
5. Novalee meets a man named Forney at the library. What is distinct about Forney's appearance when they meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Novalee changed over the course of this book?
2. What is the significance of Novalee's daughter's name, Americus?
3. How does Novalee show her unique perspective of photography at Rattlesnake Ridge?
4. How does the media react to Novalee's baby?
5. What does Novalee find in the library?
6. What is ironic about where Sister Husband lives and Novalee and her dream?
7. As a result of Novalee's childhood, what does she do for Americus?
8. How are Willy Jack and Momma Nell alike?
9. What is the true nature of Willy Jack Pickens?
10. How is Novalee building the life she dreamed of?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)