|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the important event that happens to Novalee occur?
(b) The library.
(c) Sister Husband's house.
(d) The hopsital.
2. What song does Willy Jack sing at the audition?
(a) The Beat of a Heart.
(b) A Beating Heart.
(c) A Beat of My Heart.
(d) My Beating Heart.
3. What make the cellar shake?
4. What city does Novalee travel to for a photo exhibit?
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) Oklahoma City.
5. What gallery does Novalle attend on her trip in Chapter 22?
(a) Historical Museum.
(b) Photography Museum.
(c) Scientific Museum.
(d) Fairmont Museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Novalee goes to the library looking for a book about...
2. When Forney and Novalee return to Sister Husband's trailer, what do they see?
3. Sam Walton hands Novalee an envelope. What does it contain?
4. While at Forney's, Novalee hears some loud, strange noises. Where did they come from?
5. Willy Jack Pickens and Novalee Nation are traveling when this novel begins. What state are they currently in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Novalee's superstition coming into play?
2. What are Lexie's children's names and what do they tell us about Lexie?
3. How does Forney contrast to Novalee?
4. Novalee visits the Whitecotton place. What does she learn?
5. Who are the police considering as suspects in the disappearance of Americus?
6. Describe how Novalee helps out during the tornado.
7. What does Novalee find in the library?
8. How is the nativity scene symbolic of the life of Novalee?
9. Where do the police find Americus?
10. How does the media react to Novalee's baby?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)