|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Forney read when he visits each evening?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) Sixty minutes.
(c) Forty-five minutes.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
2. Sam Walton hands Novalee an envelope. What does it contain?
3. Why does Novalee go to Rattlesnake Ridge?
(a) To photograph rattlesnakes.
(b) To photograph the sunrise.
(c) To photograph animals.
(d) To photograph the sunset.
4. What causes Novalee from being polite while at Sister Husband's house?
(a) A visit from Willy Jack.
(b) A lack of sleep.
(c) An accident with the gas stove.
(d) A fight with Sister Husband.
5. Who does Novalee run into while working at Wal-Mart?
(a) Sister Husband.
(c) Willy Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What make the cellar shake?
2. Novalee goes to the library looking for a book about...
3. Who does the policeman interview regarding Americus' disappearance?
4. What song does Willy Jack sing at the audition?
5. Where does the important event that happens to Novalee occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. Novalee sees Moses at Wal-Mart. What is he doing there and why does it help Novalee?
2. How is the nativity scene symbolic of the life of Novalee?
3. What are Lexie's children's names and what do they tell us about Lexie?
4. What does Novalee find in the library?
5. What are some clues that tell Novalee's life is improving throughout Chapter 23?
6. How is Novalee's superstition coming into play?
7. Why is Willy Jack pulled over?
8. How has Novalee changed over the course of this book?
9. How is Ruth Meyers not like the other women in Willy Jack's life?
10. How has Novalee's vision of photography changed?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)