|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Americus at the time of her disappearance?
(a) Seven months.
(b) Eight months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Four months.
2. Why does Novalee go to Rattlesnake Ridge?
(a) To photograph the sunset.
(b) To photograph rattlesnakes.
(c) To photograph animals.
(d) To photograph the sunrise.
3. What state does Willy Jack's mother live in?
4. What is the "cabin a couple hundred feet from the house" called?
(b) Welcome Wagon.
5. What room is turned into the darkroom?
(b) Living Room.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what church do the police cars respond to?
2. What song does Willy Jack sing at the audition?
3. Novalee "clasps her hands in amazement". What does she see?
4. "Moses did not take pictures Novalee had thought about." What type of pictures did Novalee think about?
5. Novalee begins taking birth control after how many dates with Troy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Novalee sees Moses at Wal-Mart. What is he doing there and why does it help Novalee?
2. What are the gifts Novalee receives in Chapter 2 and who are they from?
3. What are Lexie's children's names and what do they tell us about Lexie?
4. As a result of Novalee's childhood, what does she do for Americus?
5. Why is Claire obsessed with Band-Aids?
6. Describe how Novalee helps out during the tornado.
7. How is the nativity scene symbolic of the life of Novalee?
8. Novalee visits the Whitecotton place. What does she learn?
9. Where do the police find Americus?
10. How is Novalee's superstition coming into play?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)