|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to the hospital to visit Novalee and tries to help her find her own apartment?
(a) Momma Nell.
(b) Forney Hull.
(c) Moses Whitecotton.
(d) Willy Jack.
2. Novalee goes to the library looking for a book about...
(a) Baby names.
(c) Buckeye trees.
(d) Places in the city.
3. Where did the policemen find Americus?
(a) Sanctuary of church.
(b) Parking lot of church.
(c) Nativity scene by church.
(d) Side of road by church.
4. How long does Forney read when he visits each evening?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Sixty minutes.
(d) Forty-five minutes.
5. Novalee also meets Sam Walton. Who is he?
(a) Her OB-GYN.
(b) Her doctor.
(c) Her nurse.
(d) The owner of Wal-Mart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important event happens in Chapter 8?
2. Why is Willy Jack arrested?
3. What make of car does Novalee own?
4. What is Novalee really worried about throughout Chapter 15?
5. Who helps Novalee search for Americus at three in the morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Willy Jack pulled over?
2. What are Lexie's children's names and what do they tell us about Lexie?
3. How does Forney contrast to Novalee?
4. What are some clues that tell Novalee's life is improving throughout Chapter 23?
5. How are Novalee and Forney similar?
6. Who are the police considering as suspects in the disappearance of Americus?
7. How has Novalee changed over the course of this book?
8. How is Novalee's superstition coming into play?
9. Novalee sees Moses at Wal-Mart. What is he doing there and why does it help Novalee?
10. How are Willy Jack and Momma Nell alike?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)