|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Willy Jack Pickens and Novalee Nation are traveling when this novel begins. What state are they currently in?
2. What season of the year does Novalee visit Rattlesnake Ridge?
3. What gift given to Novalee is she not taking care of?
(a) Baby book.
(b) Buckeye tree.
(c) Welcome basket.
4. Who does the policeman interview regarding Americus' disappearance?
(a) Sister Husband.
(c) Sister Husband and Novalee.
5. How much older than Forney is his sister?
(a) Tweny years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Nineteen years.
(d) Eighteen years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Novalee meet Lexie Coup for lunch?
2. Novalee calls Sister Husband from the hotel to check on Americus. What is the new song Americus learned while Novalee is on her trip?
3. How old is Americus at the time of her disappearance?
4. What is the name of the neighbor who helps during the natural disaster?
5. What is a Rollei?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Willy Jack trying to change his life after being released from prison?
2. Explain how Novalee and Lexie are similar and how Troy and Willy Jack are similar.
3. What is the significance of Novalee's daughter's name, Americus?
4. What is the true nature of Willy Jack Pickens?
5. How does Forney contrast to Novalee?
6. How is Novalee's superstition coming into play?
7. Why is the buckeye tree important to Novalee?
8. How does Novalee show her unique perspective of photography at Rattlesnake Ridge?
9. How does the media react to Novalee's baby?
10. Why is Claire obsessed with Band-Aids?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)