|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of Lexie's husband?
2. Who does Americus get a letter from?
(a) Willy Jack.
(b) Forney Hull.
(d) Moses Whitecotton.
3. Novalee thinks the person on her porch should be where?
4. How many months pregnant is Lexie in Chapter 25?
5. What does Willy Jack tell Johnny DeSoto that he really needs?
(a) An album.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) A television appearance.
(d) A new agent.
6. Novalee sees Retha Holloway. Who is she?
(a) The mayor's daughter.
(b) The president of the Literary Guild.
(c) A former Wal-Mart employee.
(d) Forney's aunt.
7. Where is Lexie's wedding?
(d) City Park.
8. Where does Novalee kiss someone in Chapter 37?
(a) Under the buckeye tree.
(b) In Novalee's house.
(c) In a pick-up.
(d) On the porch.
9. At the end of the book, who does Novalee call after talking with Willy Jack?
(a) Mr. Ortiz.
10. After arriving at the wedding, what does Novalee realize she forgot at home?
(b) A flash.
(c) A camera.
(d) A present.
11. In Chapter 31, Novalee is at a photography seminar that occurs on what day of the week?
12. Why does Certain say Moses is "staying busy with a broken hand"?
(a) Certain and Moses are fighting.
(b) Sister Husband is dying.
(c) Novalee and Americus are moving.
(d) Friends are dying because of the tornado.
13. How much money did Novalee receive from the life insurance check in Chapter 25?
14. Willy Jack sings along to "The Beat of a Heart" on the jukebox sung by....
(a) Clint Black.
(b) Tim McGraw.
(c) Willy Jack.
(d) Clay Akin.
15. Where does Willy Jack and a woman drive to in Chapter 32?
(a) Las Vegas.
(c) San Fransisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who watches Americus when Novalee works at night?
2. When the new library is built, who will the be new librarian?
3. What condition is Willy Jack in when Novalee goes to visit him?
4. After Novalee is in HER house, what time does she get home from working at Wal-Mart?
5. Novalee cannot stop thinking about someone in Chapter 34. Who is it?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)