|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Benny and Novalee communicate about various topics?
(b) The wedding.
(c) The Biddle home.
2. When the new library is built, who will the be new librarian?
(a) Mayor's daughter.
(b) Forney's sister.
(c) Mayor's grandaughter.
3. When Novalee enters Lexie's, who is naked except for socks?
4. Why is this character unable to talk?
(a) Her teeth hurt.
(b) Her face is beat-up.
(c) She has Laryngitis.
(d) No answers are correct.
5. What is the profession of Lexie's husband?
6. Ruth Meyers and Claire Hudson have both been __________ by Willy Jack.
7. How much money did Novalee get for her first photography job?
(a) Eighty dollars.
(b) Sixty dollars.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) Seventy dollars.
8. What does Novalee learn from Moses?
(a) He is sick.
(b) Wedding pictures are very important.
(c) He and his wife are moving.
(d) His wife is sick.
9. At the end of the book, where does Novalee say she is going?
(c) Tellico Plains.
10. After Novalee is in HER house, what time does she get home from working at Wal-Mart?
(a) Ten o'clock.
(c) Nine o'clock.
11. How does Novalee locate Forney in Chapter 35?
(a) Chicago phone book.
(b) Yellow Pages.
(c) A friend.
12. What is "The Martin"?
13. Who dies as a result of the fire?
(a) Mrs. Ortiz.
(b) Mr. Ortiz.
(c) Mary Elizabeth Hull.
(d) Forney Hull.
14. Because of Lexie's condition, where do Lexie's children stay?
(a) The Whitecotton's.
(b) The Ortiz's.
15. Novalee cannot stop thinking about someone in Chapter 34. Who is it?
(c) Sister Husband.
(d) Willy Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lexie raves to Novalee about what in Chapter 28?
2. Where does Novalee kiss someone in Chapter 37?
3. How much money did Novalee receive from the life insurance check in Chapter 25?
4. What relationship did Ray and Sister Husband have?
5. What is the name of the woman Willy Jack leaves the bar with?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)