|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the photograph of that Novalee works on at her workstation?
(b) A Frog.
(c) A Lizard.
(d) An Insect.
2. As Novalee and Lexie got closer to home, what is happening?
(a) A policeman is directing traffic.
(b) They run into a detour.
(c) A car runs a red light.
(d) Their car breaks down.
3. What makes Ruth Meyers call Willy Jack a liar?
(a) Willy Jack tells Ruth Meyers that she is limiting him.
(b) Ruth Meyers says Willy Jack calls her a bad agent.
(c) Willy Jack tells Ruth Meyers that Claire's son is dead.
(d) All of the above.
4. Claire Hudson contacts Ruth Meyers because...
(a) Claire and Ruth are friends.
(b) She has a copyright on the song Willy Jack sings.
(c) She has something to give Willy Jack.
(d) She wants to see WIlly Jack.
5. While Novalee is at work at the service counter, what happens?
(a) Novalee sees Willy Jack.
(b) Someone tries to rob Wal-Mart.
(c) A moment of silence is taken.
(d) A gunman enters.
6. At the start of Chapter 27, how long has Novalee been in HER house?
(a) Three months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Five months.
7. Because of Lexie's condition, where do Lexie's children stay?
(a) The Ortiz's.
(d) The Whitecotton's.
8. How many days was Sister Husband on life support?
9. Through which university does Novalee attend a seminar?
(a) Southeastern State.
(b) Northwestern State.
(c) Southwestern State.
(d) Northeastern State.
10. What condition is Willy Jack in when Novalee goes to visit him?
11. Praline has had bad dreams and is afraid of....
(b) Her siblings.
12. Roger Briscoe, Lexie's boyfriend, did what to Brummett?
(a) Helped Brummett with homework.
(b) Raped Brummett.
(c) Took Brummett to a ballgame.
(d) Hugged Brummett.
13. After Novalee is in HER house, what time does she get home from working at Wal-Mart?
(a) Ten o'clock.
(d) Nine o'clock.
14. As Novalee and Lexie get closer to home, a fire truck passes. What do they learn is on fire?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Ortiz's house.
(d) Novalee's home.
15. Novalee thinks the person on her porch should be where?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Novalee enters Lexie's, who is naked except for socks?
2. Lexie's husband is going to get Brummett into what?
3. What city do most of the letters written to Americus come from?
4. Where does Novalee kiss someone in Chapter 37?
5. Lexie raves to Novalee about what in Chapter 28?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)