|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who watches Americus when Novalee works at night?
(d) Mrs. Ortiz.
2. When Novalee enters Lexie's, who tries to talk to Novalee but can't?
3. What is the topic of the photography seminar that Novalee attends in Chapter 31?
(a) Lens adjustment.
(b) Darkroom strategies.
(c) Printing techniques.
(d) When to use flashes.
4. Who does Novalee go to see in a hotel in Chapter 34?
(a) Benny Goodluck.
(c) Moses Whitecotton.
5. What makes Ruth Meyers call Willy Jack a liar?
(a) Ruth Meyers says Willy Jack calls her a bad agent.
(b) Willy Jack tells Ruth Meyers that she is limiting him.
(c) Willy Jack tells Ruth Meyers that Claire's son is dead.
(d) All of the above.
6. After arriving at the wedding, what does Novalee realize she forgot at home?
(a) A present.
(b) A flash.
(d) A camera.
7. Since Roger Briscoe, Brummett has been in trouble for:
8. At the end of the book, where does Novalee say she is going?
(c) Tellico Plains.
9. Roger Briscoe, Lexie's boyfriend, did what to Brummett?
(a) Hugged Brummett.
(b) Raped Brummett.
(c) Helped Brummett with homework.
(d) Took Brummett to a ballgame.
10. How many days was Sister Husband on life support?
11. Where is Sister Husband buried?
(a) Lord of Life Cemetery.
(b) Paradise Cemetery.
(c) Risen Lord Cemetery.
(d) Everlasting Cemetery.
12. Where is Lexie's wedding?
(a) City Park.
13. According to Ray, what did Sister Husband leave Novalee in her will?
(a) The truck.
(b) Her family record book.
(c) Copied chapters of the Bible.
(d) Her land and trailer.
14. What is the profession of Lexie's husband?
15. Ruth Meyers and Claire Hudson have both been __________ by Willy Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Novalle see the headline "Victim's Wheelchair Stolen"?
2. Praline has had bad dreams and is afraid of....
3. How much money did Novalee receive from the life insurance check in Chapter 25?
4. Who does Americus get a letter from?
5. Where is the music Novalee hears coming from in Chapter 37?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)