|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Americus get a letter from?
(a) Moses Whitecotton.
(c) Forney Hull.
(d) Willy Jack.
2. Where is the music Novalee hears coming from in Chapter 37?
(a) A pick-up.
(b) A car.
(c) There really is no music.
(d) Someone's house.
3. Where does Novalee kiss someone in Chapter 37?
(a) In a pick-up.
(b) On the porch.
(c) Under the buckeye tree.
(d) In Novalee's house.
4. How much weight has Lexie lost with her mouth wired shut?
(a) Sixty pounds.
(b) Seventy pounds.
(c) Eighty pounds.
(d) Fifty pounds.
5. Ruth Meyers and Claire Hudson have both been __________ by Willy Jack.
6. Where does Dr. Putnam, the professor of the photography seminar, take the class?
7. What does part of the letter written to Americus say?
(a) I'm coming to visit you.
(b) Learn Latin before third grade.
(c) Read a book every week.
(d) Take care of your mother.
8. How many days was Sister Husband on life support?
9. When Novalee enters Lexie's, who is naked except for socks?
10. As Novalee and Lexie get closer to home, a fire truck passes. What do they learn is on fire?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Ortiz's house.
(c) Novalee's home.
11. At the beginning of Chapter 29, where was Novalee going through negatives and prints?
(c) Living room.
(d) Family room.
12. Novalee tells Lexie that Brummett could recover when:
(a) Lexie can forgive Roger.
(b) Roger is caught.
(c) Roger goes to jail.
(d) Brummett can forgive Roger.
13. How many months pregnant is Lexie in Chapter 25?
14. As Novalee and Lexie got closer to home, what is happening?
(a) A car runs a red light.
(b) They run into a detour.
(c) A policeman is directing traffic.
(d) Their car breaks down.
15. Novalee thinks the person on her porch should be where?
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of the events with Roger Briscoe, who does Lexie take Praline and Brummett to see?
2. Shortly after Novalee gets home, who calls her?
3. Novalee thinks she is dreaming about what at the start of Chapter 37?
4. What is the profession of Lexie's husband?
5. Who is Lexie getting married to?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)