|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because of the events with Roger Briscoe, who does Lexie take Praline and Brummett to see?
2. What is the name of the woman Willy Jack leaves the bar with?
3. Since Roger Briscoe, Brummett has been in trouble for:
4. How long will Lexie require a wire to help with her injuries?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Eight weeks.
(d) Seven weeks.
5. Who watches Americus during the day while Novalee is working?
(b) Mrs. Ortiz.
6. Lexie raves to Novalee about what in Chapter 28?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her new house.
(c) Her new boyfriend.
(d) Her job.
7. Where does Willy Jack and a woman drive to in Chapter 32?
(a) San Fransisco.
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) Los Angeles.
8. Who does Americus get a letter from?
(a) Willy Jack.
(c) Forney Hull.
(d) Moses Whitecotton.
9. At the beginning of Chapter 37, who does Novalee see on her porch when she looks outside?
(c) Willy Jack.
10. What does Willy Jack continually hear Novalee tell him in his head?
(a) "Home is where the heart is".
(b) "Love You".
(c) "The Beat of a Heart".
(d) "Feel that?".
11. Who dies as a result of the fire?
(a) Mrs. Ortiz.
(b) Mr. Ortiz.
(c) Forney Hull.
(d) Mary Elizabeth Hull.
12. As Novalee and Lexie got closer to home, what is happening?
(a) They run into a detour.
(b) Their car breaks down.
(c) A car runs a red light.
(d) A policeman is directing traffic.
13. When Novalee enters Lexie's, who is rocking back and forth?
14. Novalee thinks the person on her porch should be where?
15. Lexie's husband is going to get Brummett into what?
(b) Martial Arts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of car does the woman who Willy Jack leaves the bar with drive?
2. Roger Briscoe, Lexie's boyfriend, did what to Brummett?
3. What does Willy Jack tell Johnny DeSoto that he really needs?
4. Willy Jack sings along to "The Beat of a Heart" on the jukebox sung by....
5. While Novalee is at work at the service counter, what happens?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)