|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth Meyers and Claire Hudson have both been __________ by Willy Jack.
2. How many days was Sister Husband on life support?
3. What state did Forney travel to for the funeral of Mary Elizabeth?
(d) New York.
4. As Novalee and Lexie get closer to home, a fire truck passes. What do they learn is on fire?
(a) Novalee's home.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Ortiz's house.
5. What does part of the letter written to Americus say?
(a) I'm coming to visit you.
(b) Read a book every week.
(c) Learn Latin before third grade.
(d) Take care of your mother.
6. Because of the events with Roger Briscoe, who does Lexie take Praline and Brummett to see?
7. Novalee thinks she is dreaming about what at the start of Chapter 37?
(a) Romantic music.
(b) Buckeye trees.
(c) Willy Jack.
8. Where is the music Novalee hears coming from in Chapter 37?
(a) A car.
(b) Someone's house.
(c) There really is no music.
(d) A pick-up.
9. The headline is about Willy Jack. Where is Willy Jack?
(a) Skilled nursing.
(b) Nursing home.
10. How old was Sister Husband when she died?
11. After arriving at the wedding, what does Novalee realize she forgot at home?
(a) A present.
(c) A camera.
(d) A flash.
12. What is "The Martin"?
13. Who is Lexie getting married to?
(a) Benny Goodluck.
(b) Willy Jack Pickens.
(c) Forney Hull.
(d) Leon Yoder.
14. What is causing Lexie the most pain?
(b) Cracked ribs.
15. How much money did Novalee get for her first photography job?
(a) Seventy dollars.
(b) Fifty dollars.
(c) Sixty dollars.
(d) Eighty dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Novalee kiss someone in Chapter 37?
2. Claire Hudson contacts Ruth Meyers because...
3. How long will Lexie require a wire to help with her injuries?
4. Because of Lexie's condition, where do Lexie's children stay?
5. Shortly after Novalee gets home, who calls her?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)