|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does Willy Jack sing at the audition?
(a) A Beating Heart.
(b) The Beat of a Heart.
(c) My Beating Heart.
(d) A Beat of My Heart.
2. Who does Willy Jack remind Claire of?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her father.
3. Novalee and Americus visit the Whitecotton place. They discover that Moses lives with Certain and Purim who are....
(a) Father and daughter.
(b) Son and wife.
(c) Father and wife.
(d) Brother and sister.
4. Where did the policemen find Americus?
(a) Side of road by church.
(b) Nativity scene by church.
(c) Sanctuary of church.
(d) Parking lot of church.
5. How many children does Lexie Coup have?
6. What causes Novalee from being polite while at Sister Husband's house?
(a) A visit from Willy Jack.
(b) A fight with Sister Husband.
(c) A lack of sleep.
(d) An accident with the gas stove.
7. What is Forney's sister's real job?
(c) Wal-Mart employee.
8. When Novalee attempts to go to the trailer, where does she get hurt?
9. Chapter 23 talks about what natural disaster?
10. How old is Novalee Nation when the story begins?
11. Why does Novalee have to take a trip in Chapter 22?
(a) To take a vacation.
(b) To visit Willy Jack.
(c) To receive an award.
(d) All of the above.
12. At the hospital, Novalee receives what from different states?
(d) Mail and Money.
13. Who is Troy Moffatt?
(a) Friends of Lexie's children.
(b) A co-worker of Novalee.
(c) Friend of Lexie Coup.
(d) Friend of Willy Jack.
14. By what state's border did the highway patrol see the Mississippi couple?
15. What room is turned into the darkroom?
(c) Living Room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Novalee also meets Sam Walton. Who is he?
2. What make of car does Novalee own?
3. Novalee begins taking birth control after how many dates with Troy?
4. Why does Novalee go to Rattlesnake Ridge?
5. What make the cellar shake?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)