|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Novalee "clasps her hands in amazement". What does she see?
(a) Many books in the reading room.
(b) Forney dressed in a formal suit.
(c) A delicious dinner.
(d) Roses and candles in the reading room.
2. Where does Novalee find a Rollei?
(a) Garage Sale.
(b) Yard Sale.
(d) Flea Market.
3. What type of car does Willy Jack drive?
4. When Forney and Novalee return to Sister Husband's trailer, what do they see?
(a) Christmas Lights.
(b) Car headlights.
(c) A deer.
(d) Flashing red and blue lights.
5. Novalee goes to the library looking for a book about...
(a) Baby names.
(b) Buckeye trees.
(c) Places in the city.
6. Who does the policeman interview regarding Americus' disappearance?
(a) Sister Husband.
(d) Sister Husband and Novalee.
7. What city does Willy Jack's cousin live in?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) Las Vegas.
8. The character who speaks of the importance of names is at Wal-Mart for a reason. Why is this character there?
(a) To shop.
(b) To take pictures.
(c) None of the above.
(d) To have a car fixed.
9. Where does the important event that happens to Novalee occur?
(b) The library.
(c) The hopsital.
(d) Sister Husband's house.
10. Which of these characters did Novalee not meet in Chapter 2?
(a) Moses Whitecotton.
(b) Sister Husband.
(c) Benny Goodluck.
(d) Certain Whitecotton.
11. Who picks up Novalee and Americus from the hospital?
(a) Momma Nell.
(b) Forney Hull.
(c) Willy Jack.
(d) Sister Husband.
12. What gift given to Novalee is she not taking care of?
(a) Welcome basket.
(b) Buckeye tree.
(c) Baby book.
13. Where does Novalee spend most of her evenings?
(a) Moses' darkroom.
(d) Lexie's House.
14. What is the "cabin a couple hundred feet from the house" called?
(b) Welcome Wagon.
15. What type of practice does Willy Jack do in Claire's office?
(c) None of the above.
(d) Watch video tapes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state were the couple from who came to share God's word with Novalee and Sister Husband?
2. What is the relationship of Willy Jack Pickens and Novalee Nation?
3. When Novalee attempts to go to the trailer, where does she get hurt?
4. By what state's border did the highway patrol see the Mississippi couple?
5. Who does Willy Jack remind Claire of?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)