|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important event happens in Chapter 8?
(a) Novalee learns how to read.
(b) Willy Jack comes to work.
(c) Novalee has her baby,
(d) The buckeye tree dies.
2. Where does the important event that happens to Novalee occur?
(a) The hopsital.
(b) The library.
(d) Sister Husband's house.
3. "Moses did not take pictures Novalee had thought about." What type of pictures did Novalee think about?
(a) Americus smiling with toys.
(b) Americus and Novalee together.
(c) Americus smiling.
(d) Americus throwing the bonnett off.
4. What causes Novalee from being polite while at Sister Husband's house?
(a) An accident with the gas stove.
(b) A fight with Sister Husband.
(c) A lack of sleep.
(d) A visit from Willy Jack.
5. Novalee goes to the library looking for a book about...
(a) Buckeye trees.
(b) Baby names.
(c) Places in the city.
6. Who helps Novalee search for Americus at three in the morning?
(b) Sister Husband.
7. Why did Willy Jack go to this agency?
(a) Promise of auditions for record deals.
(b) Promise of auditions for club gigs.
(c) Promise of auditions for party.
(d) Promise of auditions for television show.
8. What is the relationship of Willy Jack Pickens and Novalee Nation?
(a) Father and daughter.
(b) Boyfriend and girlfriend.
(c) Husband and wife.
(d) Brother and sister.
9. How much older than Forney is his sister?
(a) Nineteen years.
(b) Tweny years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Eighteen years.
10. In the hospital, Novalee meets a girl who befriends her. Who is this?
11. How long does Forney read when he visits each evening?
(a) Forty-five minutes.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) Sixty minutes.
12. While at Forney's, Novalee hears some loud, strange noises. Where did they come from?
(b) Reading room.
13. What room is turned into the darkroom?
(c) Living Room.
14. Who does Novalee travel with on her trip in Chapter 22?
(b) Sister Husband.
15. What agency does Willy Jack go to?
(a) Ruth Mitchell.
(b) Rita Meyers.
(c) Rita Mitchell.
(d) Ruth Meyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Novalee and Americus visit the Whitecotton place. They discover that Moses lives with Certain and Purim who are....
2. The names of Lexie's four children symbolizes her obsession with....
3. At what church do the police cars respond to?
4. What gift did Novalee want for Christmas and not receive from grandma?
5. Why does Novalee have to take a trip in Chapter 22?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)