|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship of Willy Jack Pickens and Novalee Nation?
(a) Boyfriend and girlfriend.
(b) Father and daughter.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Husband and wife.
2. What specifically makes Novalee cry while searching for Americus?
(a) Thinking of Americus.
(b) Thinking of all the people helping search.
(c) Missing Americus.
(d) Trying to make a train whistle noise.
3. "Moses did not take pictures Novalee had thought about." What type of pictures did Novalee think about?
(a) Americus throwing the bonnett off.
(b) Americus smiling.
(c) Americus smiling with toys.
(d) Americus and Novalee together.
4. What important event happens in Chapter 8?
(a) Willy Jack comes to work.
(b) Novalee learns how to read.
(c) Novalee has her baby,
(d) The buckeye tree dies.
5. What is happening at the end of the Chapter 18 to make Novalee panic?
(a) Forney faints.
(b) Sister Husband had a heart attack.
(c) Americus has been taken.
(d) Moses has died.
6. What agency does Willy Jack go to?
(a) Ruth Meyers.
(b) Ruth Mitchell.
(c) Rita Meyers.
(d) Rita Mitchell.
7. When Forney and Novalee return to Sister Husband's trailer, what do they see?
(a) Flashing red and blue lights.
(b) Car headlights.
(c) Christmas Lights.
(d) A deer.
8. How many children does Lexie Coup have?
9. Who does Willy Jack remind Claire of?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her son.
10. Sam Walton hands Novalee an envelope. What does it contain?
11. Who comes to help Novalee at the important event in Chapter 8?
(a) Forney Hull.
(b) Sister Husband.
(c) Willy Jack.
(d) Moses Whitecotton.
12. What problem does Forney's sister have?
(d) Drug addict.
13. At the hospital, Novalee receives what from different states?
(a) Mail and Money.
14. How old is Novalee Nation when the story begins?
15. What causes Novalee from being polite while at Sister Husband's house?
(a) An accident with the gas stove.
(b) A visit from Willy Jack.
(c) A fight with Sister Husband.
(d) A lack of sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Americus at the time of her disappearance?
2. Where does Novalee meet Lexie Coup for lunch?
3. What gift did Novalee not receive from characters she met in Chapter 2?
4. Besides two books, what does Forney bring with him every evening when he visits?
5. Novalee meets a man named Forney at the library. What is distinct about Forney's appearance when they meet?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)