|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Novalee Nation when the story begins?
2. Who does Willy Jack remind Claire of?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her husband.
3. What is the name of the neighbor who helps during the natural disaster?
(a) Mrs. Ortiz.
(b) Mrs. Coup.
(c) Mrs. Orbet.
(d) Mrs. Whitecotton.
4. What state does Willy Jack's mother live in?
5. What is a Rollei?
(a) Laptop computer.
6. Where did the policemen find Americus?
(a) Parking lot of church.
(b) Side of road by church.
(c) Sanctuary of church.
(d) Nativity scene by church.
7. Who does Novalee run into while working at Wal-Mart?
(a) Willy Jack.
(c) Sister Husband.
8. What problem does Forney's sister have?
(b) Drug addict.
9. When Novalee attempts to go to the trailer, where does she get hurt?
10. Where does Novalee meet Lexie Coup for lunch?
(a) Wal-Mart snack bar.
(b) Lexie's house.
(c) Burger King.
11. Sam Walton hands Novalee an envelope. What does it contain?
12. What percentage of Willy Jack's earnings will the agency take?
13. What gift did Novalee not receive from characters she met in Chapter 2?
(a) Baby book.
(b) Buckeye tree.
(d) Welcome basket.
14. Why does Novalee have to take a trip in Chapter 22?
(a) To take a vacation.
(b) To visit Willy Jack.
(c) All of the above.
(d) To receive an award.
15. What specifically makes Novalee cry while searching for Americus?
(a) Thinking of all the people helping search.
(b) Thinking of Americus.
(c) Trying to make a train whistle noise.
(d) Missing Americus.
Short Answer Questions
1. The character who speaks of the importance of names is at Wal-Mart for a reason. Why is this character there?
2. Which of these characters did Novalee not meet in Chapter 2?
3. Where does Novalee spend most of her evenings?
4. At the hospital, Novalee receives what from different states?
5. What is Novalee afraid will happen because she has not taken care of the gift?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)