|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does Willy Jack sing at the audition?
(a) My Beating Heart.
(b) The Beat of a Heart.
(c) A Beating Heart.
(d) A Beat of My Heart.
2. What gift did Novalee want for Christmas and not receive from grandma?
(a) Doll house.
(c) Video game.
3. What important event happens in Chapter 8?
(a) The buckeye tree dies.
(b) Novalee learns how to read.
(c) Willy Jack comes to work.
(d) Novalee has her baby,
4. Who picks up Novalee and Americus from the hospital?
(a) Sister Husband.
(b) Forney Hull.
(c) Momma Nell.
(d) Willy Jack.
5. When Forney and Novalee return to Sister Husband's trailer, what do they see?
(a) Car headlights.
(b) Christmas Lights.
(c) A deer.
(d) Flashing red and blue lights.
6. What gift given to Novalee is she not taking care of?
(a) Baby book.
(b) Buckeye tree.
(c) Welcome basket.
7. How old is Novalee Nation when the story begins?
8. Willy Jack Pickens and Novalee Nation are traveling when this novel begins. What state are they currently in?
9. What gift did Novalee not receive from characters she met in Chapter 2?
(a) Buckeye tree.
(c) Baby book.
(d) Welcome basket.
10. What number is Novalee Nation superstitious of?
11. What is Novalee really worried about throughout Chapter 15?
(a) Being pregnant.
(b) Getting fired from Wal-Mart.
(c) Staying friends with Lexie.
(d) All of the above.
12. What is Forney's sister's real job?
(b) Wal-Mart employee.
13. What is the relationship of Willy Jack Pickens and Novalee Nation?
(a) Husband and wife.
(b) Father and daughter.
(c) Boyfriend and girlfriend.
(d) Brother and sister.
14. Who does Novalee run into while working at Wal-Mart?
(a) Willy Jack.
(d) Sister Husband.
15. How long does Forney read when he visits each evening?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) Sixty minutes.
(c) Forty-five minutes.
(d) Thirty minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Novalee and Americus stay during the natural disaster?
2. What gallery does Novalle attend on her trip in Chapter 22?
3. Where does Novalee spend most of her evenings?
4. Novalee "clasps her hands in amazement". What does she see?
5. What did Grandma Burgess paint on the living room wall?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)