|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Novalee and Americus stay during the natural disaster?
(a) A neighbor's basement.
(c) A neighbor's cellar.
(d) Their basement.
2. What city does Novalee travel to in Chapter 22?
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) Santa Fe.
3. How much older than Forney is his sister?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Nineteen years.
(c) Tweny years.
(d) Eighteen years.
4. Sam Walton hands Novalee an envelope. What does it contain?
5. What is Forney's sister's real job?
(c) Wal-Mart employee.
6. Why does Novalee have to take a trip in Chapter 22?
(a) All of the above.
(b) To receive an award.
(c) To take a vacation.
(d) To visit Willy Jack.
7. What gift did Novalee want for Christmas and not receive from grandma?
(b) Doll house.
(d) Video game.
8. What is the relationship of Willy Jack Pickens and Novalee Nation?
(a) Boyfriend and girlfriend.
(b) Father and daughter.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Husband and wife.
9. Chapter 23 talks about what natural disaster?
10. Why does Novalee go to Rattlesnake Ridge?
(a) To photograph the sunset.
(b) To photograph the sunrise.
(c) To photograph animals.
(d) To photograph rattlesnakes.
11. How long does Forney read when he visits each evening?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) Sixty minutes.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Forty-five minutes.
12. What number is Novalee Nation superstitious of?
13. How many children does Lexie Coup have?
14. What is the name of the bar Willy Jack stops at?
(a) Sticker Creek Saloon.
(b) Tom Pony's.
(c) Made in America.
(d) The Welcome Wagon.
15. Where did the policemen find Americus?
(a) Nativity scene by church.
(b) Sanctuary of church.
(c) Parking lot of church.
(d) Side of road by church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Novalee Nation when the story begins?
2. Who does Novalee travel with on her trip in Chapter 22?
3. What gift did Novalee not receive from characters she met in Chapter 2?
4. Novalee also meets Sam Walton. Who is he?
5. The character who speaks of the importance of names is at Wal-Mart for a reason. Why is this character there?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)