|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important event happens in Chapter 8?
(a) Novalee has her baby,
(b) The buckeye tree dies.
(c) Novalee learns how to read.
(d) Willy Jack comes to work.
2. Who is Troy Moffatt?
(a) Friend of Lexie Coup.
(b) Friends of Lexie's children.
(c) Friend of Willy Jack.
(d) A co-worker of Novalee.
3. What problem does Forney's sister have?
(c) Drug addict.
4. What is happening at the end of the Chapter 18 to make Novalee panic?
(a) Americus has been taken.
(b) Sister Husband had a heart attack.
(c) Moses has died.
(d) Forney faints.
5. Novalee "clasps her hands in amazement". What does she see?
(a) Many books in the reading room.
(b) Roses and candles in the reading room.
(c) A delicious dinner.
(d) Forney dressed in a formal suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state does Willy Jack's mother live in?
2. What is the "cabin a couple hundred feet from the house" called?
3. What is Forney's sister's real job?
4. Where does Novalee meet Lexie Coup for lunch?
5. Who comes to help Novalee at the important event in Chapter 8?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)