|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was required of George or Sequoyah if they lost the game?
2. Where did Harold's dad take him when Harold was young?
3. Where does Sequoyah go to be alone?
4. In addition to headaches, what physical ailment is Sequoyah diagnosed with?
5. What personal information does Rosemary share with Sequoyah in Chapter 14 during her depression?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sequoyah do to try and cheer Rosemary up when she is avoiding everyone?
2. What is the significance of the howling dog outside of Rosemary's window?
3. Why is George wearing a clip-on tie and a pair of slacks in the middle of the night?
4. Who is Ruth Arviso and why is she important to Rosemary?
5. Why does Rosemary go to the homeless camp with Sequoyah?
6. The night after the court-hearing, what does Sequoyah do by himself?
7. When George begins to come out of his sadness, what does he talk about?
8. What does Sequoyah tell George about Rosemary's death?
9. What is Sequoyah's reaction to Jack and being in his apartment?
10. Why was Rosemary's death determined to be a suicide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Argue that social workers and counselors did or did not help Sequoyah. Provide three reasons for your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the meaning of the title of the novel. Then give three reasons the title is the best one, or suggest three reasons an alternative title would be better.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Sequoyah and George, providing at least three ways they are alike and three ways they are different.
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)