|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sequoyah imagine (on page 183) that Harold would say about him?
(a) "I knew he had problems, but I did not know they were this bad."
(b) "He was one of my favorite foster children."
(c) "He was a good boy with a good mind."
(d) "I always wanted a son like him."
2. What does Sequoyah say to Agnes when he finds her sleeping downstairs after Rosemary dies?
(a) "I don't know who I am."
(b) "Why didn't you stop Rosemary?"
(c) "Would you be my mother?"
(d) "I love you."
3. What happens to Sequoyah's mother at the court hearing?
(a) She is denied probation and sent back to jail.
(b) She gets released and has all charges against her dropped.
(c) She gets probation and custodial visits.
(d) She is remanded to the custody of the Troutts.
4. What does George think happened while he stands by the tree in the woods when he and Sequoyah look for Rosemary?
(a) He thinks someone called his name.
(b) He thinks he saw a monster.
(c) He thinks he heard the sound of running water.
(d) He thinks he saw Rosemary.
5. What kind of bird did Harold's dad want to catch?
(a) A male cardinal.
(b) A ferruginous hawk.
(c) A ruby-throated hummingbird.
(d) A pileated woodpecker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sequoyah do to his hair after Rosemary dies?
2. What sentiment does Sequoyah's mother repeat twice when he sees her before the hearing (on page 209)?
3. What behavior does Sequoyah imagine Rosemary doing?
4. What does Sequoyah do when he goes into Rosemary's closet?
5. Which reason is NOT a reason that Rosemary's death was accepted as a suicide?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at Sequoyah's mother's court hearing?
2. What is Sequoyah's reaction to Jack and being in his apartment?
3. Describe the game that George and Sequoyah create and play with each other.
4. Who does Sequoyah stop to help when he is running home from Jack's apartment?
5. Why is George wearing a clip-on tie and a pair of slacks in the middle of the night?
6. What does Sequoyah think will happen to his status at school after Rosemary dies?
7. What activity does Sequoyah define as the most invigorating experience he had at the Troutts?
8. What does Sequoyah do to try and cheer Rosemary up when she is avoiding everyone?
9. How does Harold react to Sequoyah trying to help Agnes find Rosemary?
10. What memories does Sequoyah have of the moment before Rosemary dies?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)