|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sequoyah say to Agnes when he finds her sleeping downstairs after Rosemary dies?
(a) "Why didn't you stop Rosemary?"
(b) "Would you be my mother?"
(c) "I love you."
(d) "I don't know who I am."
2. What color is the lipstick Rosemary is wearing the night she asks Sequoyah to take action on the dog?
(a) Black, like the color of his eyeliner.
(b) Bright purple, like a beating vein.
(c) Dark red, like the color of dried blood.
(d) Hot pink, like the hue of a rose.
3. What does Sequoyah feel he needs to do for Agnes after Rosemary dies?
(a) He needs to insult her.
(b) He needs to help her.
(c) He needs to steal from her.
(d) He needs to protect her.
4. What is Harold going to build?
(a) Bookshelves in his and Agnes' bedroom.
(b) Farm style chairs for the kitchen table.
(c) A secret compartment in the attic.
(d) A new wooden box with a lock.
5. Which reason is NOT a reason that Rosemary's death was accepted as a suicide?
(a) Because she had attempted suicide before.
(b) Because Nora Drake said Rosemary had planned it.
(c) Because she was not seeing a counselor at the time.
(d) Because a suicide note was found.
6. What kind of food does Sequoyah eat when Harold and Agnes bring him home from the hospital?
7. What habit does George take up after reading an article by a swami?
8. What does Sequoyah do when he goes into Rosemary's closet?
(a) He dresses up in her skirts.
(b) He puts glue in all her shoes.
(c) He strips down to his underwear and touches Rosemary's clothes.
(d) He breaks all the hangers.
9. What happens at Sequoyah's dental appointment?
(a) He attacks the receptionist.
(b) He overdoses on the laughing gas.
(c) He stabs himself with a sharp instrument.
(d) He has a break-down and forces them to stop the cleaning.
10. What does Rosemary do to make up to Sequoyah for Nora treating him badly?
(a) She takes him to the movies.
(b) She makes him a mixed tape.
(c) She buys him a hamburger.
(d) She does his chores.
11. How does Sequoyah decide is the right way to live?
(a) In obscurity.
(b) In luxury.
(c) In poverty.
(d) In the spotlight.
12. What had the elderly man who had fallen done when he was young and healthy?
(a) He was a bookie.
(b) He was a farmer.
(c) He was a builder.
(d) He was a dentist.
13. What do Rosemary and Sequoyah go to Harold's desk to get?
(a) Poker chips.
(c) Art supplies.
14. Where does Sequoyah go to be alone?
(a) The attic.
(b) The woods.
(c) The shed.
(d) The basement.
15. What was wrong with the older man that Sequoyah helped after he had fallen?
(a) He had a broken leg.
(b) He had dementia.
(c) He had cancer.
(d) He had stitches in his face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harold say is his hobby?
2. What happens to Sequoyah's mother at the court hearing?
3. What was the reason the juvenile detention center decided to restrain Rosemary?
4. Who calms George down enough to convince him to go back to the house after he freezes up in the woods?
5. What does Rosemary believe happens after death?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)