|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sequoyah feel the first time he sees Rosemary?
(a) He feels an immediate connection.
(b) He disliked her at first sight.
(c) He starts laughing uncontrollably.
(d) He was repelled by the look on her face.
2. Who was Sequoyah named for?
(a) A spirit warrior who danced in the sky.
(b) His mother's brother.
(c) The great battle chief of the Cheyenne.
(d) The creator of the Cherokee language.
3. What does Sequoyah imagine Rosemary doing to Nora?
(a) Hugging and kissing her.
(b) Painting her nude.
(c) Tying her up and kicking her.
(d) Holding her head under water and drowning her.
4. What does Mr. Gillis tell Sequoyah when he meets him in the restroom?
(a) That he likes to drive fast cars.
(b) That he has a hot date that night.
(c) That he is on meds for severe anxiety.
(d) That he loves teaching school.
5. What does Milosz make for Sequoyah?
(a) Paper birds.
(b) Bead necklaces.
(c) Watercolor pictures.
(d) Pajama tops.
6. What is one of George's hobbies?
(a) Memorizing the names of band members from the liners off of CDs.
(b) Listening to all kinds of music.
(c) Collecting butterflies.
(d) Hiking in the woods.
7. What is faworki?
(a) A knitted hat.
(b) A scented candle.
(c) A kind of needle work on tapestry.
(d) A Polish dessert.
8. What worry did Sequoyah have when he sees Rosemary coming upstairs his first night at the Troutts?
(a) That he had missed playing an after-dinner game of Scrabble.
(b) That the family was going to abandon him alone in the house.
(c) That Rosemary had been spying on him.
(d) That the family had been talking about him in his absence.
9. What does Harold accuse their neighbors, Jim and Marjorie, of being?
(b) Illegal immigrants.
10. What happens to Simeon Luxe?
(a) He dies of mysterious causes ten years later.
(b) He starts stalking Rosemary.
(c) He becomes a famous muscian.
(d) He gets into a fist fight with Sequoyah over Rosemary.
11. What does Agnes make for Sequoyah's first dinner with the Troutt family?
(a) Steak and potatoes.
(b) Macaroni and cheese.
(c) Fish and chips.
(d) Spaghetti and salad.
12. How does George prefer to communicate with Sequoyah?
(a) By turning out the lights and talking in the dark.
(b) By writing notes.
(c) By sending texts.
(d) By writing chalk messages on the wall.
13. To what Native American tribe do Sequoyah and his mother belong?
14. How does Sequoyah feel about Nora Drake?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He is curious about her.
(c) He is afraid of her.
(d) He hates her.
15. What does Sequoyah's name mean?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sequoyah think that Monfiore tried to do to him while he slept?
2. When Sequoyah hears a boy call him a faggot, what does he do?
3. What noise does Rosemary hear outside her bedroom window that drives her crazy?
4. What does Nora Drake tell Rosemary about Sequoyah?
5. What does Rosemary do with the boy in the woods?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)