|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sequoyah do to fall asleep the first night he is at the Troutts?
(a) He thinks about all the other bedrooms he has had.
(b) He says twelve prayers.
(c) He counts sheep.
(d) He lights a candle and practices meditation.
2. Who is the author of the two books that Rosemary gives Sequoyah to read?
(a) N. Scott Momaday.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Nicholas Sparks.
3. What act does George warn Sequoyah about in a note?
(a) That he sleepwalks.
(b) That he loses his temper easily.
(c) That he wets the bed.
(d) That he talks in his sleep.
4. How does Sequoyah imagine he wants to live when he grows up?
(a) Alone in an isolated house where there was no noise or other people around.
(b) In a ritzy apartment in a busy city.
(c) With his Native American tribe in a house on the reservation.
(d) In a big farmhouse with a wife and three children.
5. What is the translation for faworki?
(b) Cat hair.
(c) Angel wings.
(d) Snow birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sequoyah rummages through Rosemary's belongings in her room, what does he NOT find?
2. How old is Rosemary when Sequoyah first sees her?
3. What does Rosemary say to Sequoyah when they leave the woods that makes him angry?
4. Why did Sequoyah get kicked out of the foster home before Troutts?
5. What name does Sequoyah's mother call him?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)