|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the bank where Alan worked had another brain injured person return to work long ago, what was that employee's job?
2. How old was Lisa Gordon?
3. When was Alan's birthday?
4. Where was Gage's brain stored after his death?
5. What type of a shell did Alan find at the beach during Labor Day weekend?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Alan react to the stress of traveling to Mexico?
2. What analogy did a neuropsychologist use to describe what happened in a brain after frontal lobe damage?
3. How did Alan do when the occupational therapist had him go to the second-floor cafeteria and back again on his own?
4. How did a neuropsychologist's grandfather lose all his money in the 1930s?
5. What happened when Alan took Kelly and Jen to the movies?
6. Why was a will chosen for Alan's first work-related job?
7. Why was TBI labeled the "hidden disability"?
8. Describe Gage before and after his accident.
9. Describe Bill Gardner.
10. What types of things did Colleen, the physical therapist, have Cathy do with Alan during Cathy's training?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fatigue was a major problem for Alan. Discuss fatigue as a symptom of brain injury and how fatigue affected Alan.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss reduplicative paramnesia and how it affected Alan and other TBI sufferers.
Essay Topic 3
Cathy mentioned that she was familiar with steep learning curves, but that learning everything she needed to know about closed head injury was the steepest curve she was ever thrown. Discuss what Cathy had to learn to understand and deal with Alan's injury.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)