|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How big was the shell that Alan found?
2. Where was Alan when he was given the nickname Mic Mac Al?
3. When Alan went back to work, how long had it been since the accident?
4. What Mayan ruin did Cathy and Alan decide to see?
5. What was the name of the swim club where Alan and Cathy went before and after the accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Alan consider very stupid about the day hospital?
2. How did a neuropsychologist's grandfather lose all his money in the 1930s?
3. Describe Bill Gardner.
4. What strange pocket of speech deficits went undiagnosed at Magee?
5. Why did Alan respond differently to Asher Kemp, his recreational therapist, than to his other therapists?
6. Why did Alan have speech therapy at Magee?
7. Why did Cathy have Kelly walk to the bus alone for camp after Alan came home?
8. Why was a will chosen for Alan's first work-related job?
9. How did Alan do when the occupational therapist had him go to the second-floor cafeteria and back again on his own?
10. Why was TBI labeled the "hidden disability"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cathy had to arrange to have Alan brought back to the United States by air ambulance. Discuss the problems that Cathy had getting Alan transported back to the United States.
Essay Topic 2
Bill Gardner worked with Alan to help him get ready to reenter the workplace. Discuss Bill and the role he played helping Alan reenter the workplace and control his behavior at home.
Essay Topic 3
Alan kicked Kelly in a movie theater when she made him angry. Discuss how Alan treated Kelly.
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)