|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Lisa Gordon?
2. Where did Alan, Cathy, and Kelly go for Labor Day weekend?
3. What children's book did Cathy think of after Al found a shell on Labor Day weekend?
4. How much could reentry counseling have cost?
5. How many hours did Alan work one week at the bank when Bill was not monitoring him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Alan took Kelly and Jen to the movies?
2. How did Alan do when the occupational therapist had him go to the second-floor cafeteria and back again on his own?
3. Why was a will chosen for Alan's first work-related job?
4. What was Cathy's routine with Alan the first weeks he was home?
5. How did Cathy feel when she took Alan home from Magee?
6. What analogy did a neuropsychologist use to describe what happened in a brain after frontal lobe damage?
7. How did Alan react to the stress of traveling to Mexico?
8. What was cognitive fatigue?
9. Describe Gage before and after his accident.
10. What types of things did Colleen, the physical therapist, have Cathy do with Alan during Cathy's training?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cathy realized that her family's lifestyle was not good for brain injury rehabilitation. Discuss the lifestyle that Cathy and Alan had and why it wasn't good for someone who was recovering from a brain injury.
Essay Topic 2
Cathy mentioned a quote from the Episcopal Book of Common Prayer, "We are not Worthy so much as to gather up the crumbs under They Table." Discuss the quote and what it meant to Cathy.
Essay Topic 3
There were times when Alan acted out completely free of inhibition. Discuss being uninhibited and how Alan acted because of his lack of inhibition.
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)