|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Lisa Gordon?
2. What type of a shell did Alan find at the beach during Labor Day weekend?
3. What movie did Alan and Cathy go to see after his graduation from the day hospital?
4. How long did Cathy and Alan spend at their garden plot the first time they went after his injury?
5. What children's book did Cathy think of after Al found a shell on Labor Day weekend?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Cathy feel when she took Alan home from Magee?
2. What did Cathy believe Bill's greatest value was?
3. How did Alan do when the occupational therapist had him go to the second-floor cafeteria and back again on his own?
4. Why did Alan respond differently to Asher Kemp, his recreational therapist, than to his other therapists?
5. Why did Cathy have Kelly walk to the bus alone for camp after Alan came home?
6. Describe Gage before and after his accident.
7. How did a neuropsychologist's grandfather lose all his money in the 1930s?
8. Why did Alan have speech therapy at Magee?
9. What happened when Alan took Kelly and Jen to the movies?
10. Why was a will chosen for Alan's first work-related job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cathy mentioned a quote from the Episcopal Book of Common Prayer, "We are not Worthy so much as to gather up the crumbs under They Table." Discuss the quote and what it meant to Cathy.
Essay Topic 2
Fatigue was a major problem for Alan. Discuss fatigue as a symptom of brain injury and how fatigue affected Alan.
Essay Topic 3
Cathy described their vacation to Canada as the "Vacation from Hell." Discuss why the vacation was not the relaxing time the family had envisioned.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)