|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was Phineas Gage injured?
2. How old was the new roommate Alan had in Chapter 7?
3. How old was James Brady's son when John Hinckley shot Brady?
4. How old was Lisa Gordon?
5. How old was Kelly when her parents took her to a flower show in a blinding snowstorm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bill Gardner.
2. How did Alan do when the occupational therapist had him go to the second-floor cafeteria and back again on his own?
3. Why did Alan respond differently to Asher Kemp, his recreational therapist, than to his other therapists?
4. How was Phineas Gage injured?
5. What types of things did Colleen, the physical therapist, have Cathy do with Alan during Cathy's training?
6. What were the holidays like for Alan?
7. Why was TBI labeled the "hidden disability"?
8. What analogy did a neuropsychologist use to describe what happened in a brain after frontal lobe damage?
9. In Chapter 9, what would frequently happen if Cathy left Kelly with Alan?
10. Why, according to the therapists, was Alan in a great position to try reentry into the community?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were times when Alan acted out completely free of inhibition. Discuss being uninhibited and how Alan acted because of his lack of inhibition.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss reduplicative paramnesia and how it affected Alan and other TBI sufferers.
Essay Topic 3
Bill Gardner worked with Alan to help him get ready to reenter the workplace. Discuss Bill and the role he played helping Alan reenter the workplace and control his behavior at home.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)