|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was Phineas Gage injured?
2. How old was Alan's nephew when they went to visit Alan's brother and family a year after the accident?
3. In Chapter 12, where did Cathy, Alan, and Kelly decide to take a trip?
4. How long had Cathy and Alan been going to the swim club?
5. What was the name of the swim club where Alan and Cathy went before and after the accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Alan react to the stress of traveling to Mexico?
2. Why was a will chosen for Alan's first work-related job?
3. What happened when Alan took Kelly and Jen to the movies?
4. Why did Alan respond differently to Asher Kemp, his recreational therapist, than to his other therapists?
5. What does Cathy wish she could do for Kelly?
6. Why was TBI labeled the "hidden disability"?
7. How did Alan do when the occupational therapist had him go to the second-floor cafeteria and back again on his own?
8. Why did Alan have speech therapy at Magee?
9. How did Cathy feel when she took Alan home from Magee?
10. What was Cathy's routine with Alan the first weeks he was home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cathy mentioned a quote from the Episcopal Book of Common Prayer, "We are not Worthy so much as to gather up the crumbs under They Table." Discuss the quote and what it meant to Cathy.
Essay Topic 2
Fatigue was a major problem for Alan. Discuss fatigue as a symptom of brain injury and how fatigue affected Alan.
Essay Topic 3
Cathy mentioned how she missed the old Alan. Discuss the old and the new Alan and why Cathy felt like she had a new husband.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)