|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Alan drinking that Kelly wanted to drink from, but Alan screamed that she would catch something if she drank from his can?
2. How long did Cathy and Alan spend at their garden plot the first time they went after his injury?
3. In Chapter 12, where did Cathy, Alan, and Kelly decide to take a trip?
4. How many packages of gum did Alan bring Kelly from the drugstore?
5. How old was Lisa Gordon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Cathy's routine with Alan the first weeks he was home?
2. What analogy did a neuropsychologist use to describe what happened in a brain after frontal lobe damage?
3. Describe Gage before and after his accident.
4. Why did Cathy have Kelly walk to the bus alone for camp after Alan came home?
5. Why was a will chosen for Alan's first work-related job?
6. What did Cathy believe Bill's greatest value was?
7. What did Alan consider very stupid about the day hospital?
8. What does Cathy wish she could do for Kelly?
9. Why did Alan have speech therapy at Magee?
10. In Chapter 9, what would frequently happen if Cathy left Kelly with Alan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were times when Alan acted out completely free of inhibition. Discuss being uninhibited and how Alan acted because of his lack of inhibition.
Essay Topic 2
Cathy mentioned that she was familiar with steep learning curves, but that learning everything she needed to know about closed head injury was the steepest curve she was ever thrown. Discuss what Cathy had to learn to understand and deal with Alan's injury.
Essay Topic 3
When Alan was moved to the neurological intensive care unit, Cathy noticed the differences in the two ICUs. Compare and contrast the regular ICU and the neurological intensive care unit.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)