|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Cathy make temporary guardian of Kelly while Alan was in a coma?
2. What instrument had Cathy played as a kid?
3. How old was the daughter of another family who had a family member in a coma with TBI?
4. How many children did the rabbi have who visited Alan?
5. What did Cathy once dress as for a costume party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some physical, cognitive, and behavior symptoms that might be experienced by someone with a severe brain injury?
2. How did a cattle farmer's daughter sustain a brain injury?
3. What was Alan's schedule at Magee?
4. What did it mean "going Tenth Floor Gates"?
5. Why did Cathy say an injured brain was a crap shoot?
6. What did Cathy see when she got to Alan after his accident?
7. How did a nurse named Megan encourage Cathy when she found Cathy crying in the lounge?
8. Why was Alan given a feeding tube?
9. What was a Vail bed?
10. What happened to Cathy after she bought groceries in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alan kicked Kelly in a movie theater when she made him angry. Discuss how Alan treated Kelly.
Essay Topic 2
Cathy, Alan, and Kelly had to make adjustments when Alan was moved to Magee. Discuss how Cathy, Kelly, and Alan adjusted to the move to the rehabilitation center.
Essay Topic 3
There were times when Alan acted out completely free of inhibition. Discuss being uninhibited and how Alan acted because of his lack of inhibition.
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)