|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color eyes did Alan have?
2. How was Alan when Cathy met him?
3. What model year was the car that Cathy drove?
4. What was the name of Alan's rehabilitation specialist at HUP?
5. How far from Canada was the rabbi traveling when he moved?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems did the Crimmins family have with the owners of the Canadian cabin?
2. What did Cathy see when she got to Alan after his accident?
3. What was a Vail bed?
4. Describe Cathy's experience spoon-feeding Alan.
5. How was Alan injured?
6. What did Cathy think when a guy who had been injured in a motorcycle accident talked to Alan before they left for a Phillies game?
7. Who also came to stay at the cabin?
8. How was the waiting room for the neurological ICU different from the regular ICU?
9. What areas of the body are governed by the frontal lobes?
10. How did Cathy meet Alan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cathy mentioned that she was familiar with steep learning curves, but that learning everything she needed to know about closed head injury was the steepest curve she was ever thrown. Discuss what Cathy had to learn to understand and deal with Alan's injury.
Essay Topic 2
Cathy mentioned a quote from the Episcopal Book of Common Prayer, "We are not Worthy so much as to gather up the crumbs under They Table." Discuss the quote and what it meant to Cathy.
Essay Topic 3
Cathy had to arrange to have Alan brought back to the United States by air ambulance. Discuss the problems that Cathy had getting Alan transported back to the United States.
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)