|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how much money was Alan given to spend at a convenience store?
2. Where did Cathy's mother take Cathy, Alan, and Kelly when Kelly was two?
3. A week after Alan arrived at Magee, how far did he walk?
4. What type of vehicle did Cathy and Alan drive to Canada?
5. In one year in the United states, approximately how many people incur TBI?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did a nurse named Megan encourage Cathy when she found Cathy crying in the lounge?
2. How was Alan injured?
3. What did Cathy think when a guy who had been injured in a motorcycle accident talked to Alan before they left for a Phillies game?
4. Why did Alan have a logbook that went everywhere with him?
5. In Chapter 4, what words did Cathy or others have to repeat to Alan over and over again?
6. Why was being left-handed a factor in Alan's recovery?
7. How did Kelly enjoy the stay at the lake?
8. What problems did the Crimmins family have with the owners of the Canadian cabin?
9. What was Alan's life like before graduate school when he met Cathy?
10. How did psychologists explain why Kelly was afraid to be at home in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cathy realized that her family's lifestyle was not good for brain injury rehabilitation. Discuss the lifestyle that Cathy and Alan had and why it wasn't good for someone who was recovering from a brain injury.
Essay Topic 2
Alan kicked Kelly in a movie theater when she made him angry. Discuss how Alan treated Kelly.
Essay Topic 3
When it came time for Alan to consider going back to work, Cathy had to find a community reentry program for him. Discuss community reentry and why Alan seemed to be a good candidate for reentry.
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)