|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of food did Cathy order for Kelly's first night home?
2. How far away was the police station from the place where Cathy's car was rear-ended?
3. What was Kelly's best friend's name?
4. What did Alan sing as he left to ferry Sarah, Honey, and Benjamin back to the mainland?
5. How much money did Cathy have to live on a year when she met Alan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Cathy after she bought groceries in Chapter 6?
2. How was the waiting room for the neurological ICU different from the regular ICU?
3. What type of a relationship did Kelly have with Sarah and Joanne Babaian?
4. In Chapter 4, what words did Cathy or others have to repeat to Alan over and over again?
5. Describe Cathy's experience spoon-feeding Alan.
6. How did psychologists explain why Kelly was afraid to be at home in Chapter 6?
7. What did Cathy see when she got to Alan after his accident?
8. Why did Alan have a logbook that went everywhere with him?
9. What areas of the body are governed by the frontal lobes?
10. Why didn't Cathy and Alan ever move from Philadelphia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When it came time for Alan to consider going back to work, Cathy had to find a community reentry program for him. Discuss community reentry and why Alan seemed to be a good candidate for reentry.
Essay Topic 2
Cathy mentioned a quote from the Episcopal Book of Common Prayer, "We are not Worthy so much as to gather up the crumbs under They Table." Discuss the quote and what it meant to Cathy.
Essay Topic 3
There were times when Alan acted out completely free of inhibition. Discuss being uninhibited and how Alan acted because of his lack of inhibition.
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)