|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Nikki who also stayed at the cabin with her parents?
2. When Cathy and Alan were graduate students, where did they take a summer trip?
3. What song did Alan sing at his wedding and four other weddings?
4. What instrument did Dr. Andy play?
5. What instrument had Cathy played as a kid?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the waiting room for the neurological ICU different from the regular ICU?
2. What were some physical, cognitive, and behavior symptoms that might be experienced by someone with a severe brain injury?
3. Why didn't Cathy and Alan ever move from Philadelphia?
4. What did Cathy see when she got to Alan after his accident?
5. In Chapter 4, what words did Cathy or others have to repeat to Alan over and over again?
6. How did a nurse named Megan encourage Cathy when she found Cathy crying in the lounge?
7. What type of a relationship did Kelly have with Sarah and Joanne Babaian?
8. How did a cattle farmer's daughter sustain a brain injury?
9. What was Alan's life like before graduate school when he met Cathy?
10. How did psychologists explain why Kelly was afraid to be at home in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss speech deficits of a person with TBI and the speech deficits that Alan had.
Essay Topic 2
After the accident, Alan would tell stories that were obviously not true. The objective of this lesson is to discuss confabulation and how and why brain-injured people used confabulation.
Essay Topic 3
Bill Gardner worked with Alan to help him get ready to reenter the workplace. Discuss Bill and the role he played helping Alan reenter the workplace and control his behavior at home.
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)