|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Alan's neuropsychologist?
2. In Chapter 6, what kind of game did Alan attend?
3. How far was the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania from where Alan and Cathy first met?
4. Realistically, how long did Dr. Ellis believe there would be potential for improvement in Alan's condition?
5. What did Cathy pull out of the laundry on the boat to wear over her bathing suit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did psychologists explain why Kelly was afraid to be at home in Chapter 6?
2. What did it mean "going Tenth Floor Gates"?
3. Why was Alan practically naked in the ICU?
4. How did Kelly enjoy the stay at the lake?
5. What was a Vail bed?
6. Describe Cathy's experience spoon-feeding Alan.
7. What did Cathy think when a guy who had been injured in a motorcycle accident talked to Alan before they left for a Phillies game?
8. What areas of the body are governed by the frontal lobes?
9. Why did doctors not know if Alan would ever walk again?
10. In Chapter 4, what words did Cathy or others have to repeat to Alan over and over again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Alan was moved to the neurological intensive care unit, Cathy noticed the differences in the two ICUs. Compare and contrast the regular ICU and the neurological intensive care unit.
Essay Topic 2
Alan kicked Kelly in a movie theater when she made him angry. Discuss how Alan treated Kelly.
Essay Topic 3
Cathy, Alan, and Kelly had to make adjustments when Alan was moved to Magee. Discuss how Cathy, Kelly, and Alan adjusted to the move to the rehabilitation center.
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)