|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dr. Alan practice medicine?
2. What type of car did Cathy drive when she met Alan?
3. What color clogs was Dr. Zagar wearing when Cathy met him for the first time?
4. What religious preference did Cathy indicate on Alan's hospital paperwork?
5. Where was Alan born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Alan given a feeding tube?
2. What were some physical, cognitive, and behavior symptoms that might be experienced by someone with a severe brain injury?
3. How was the waiting room for the neurological ICU different from the regular ICU?
4. In Chapter 4, what words did Cathy or others have to repeat to Alan over and over again?
5. What was Alan's schedule at Magee?
6. When did Cathy fall completely in love with Alan?
7. Describe Cathy's experience spoon-feeding Alan.
8. How did a nurse named Megan encourage Cathy when she found Cathy crying in the lounge?
9. What was a Vail bed?
10. What did Cathy think when a guy who had been injured in a motorcycle accident talked to Alan before they left for a Phillies game?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bill Gardner worked with Alan to help him get ready to reenter the workplace. Discuss Bill and the role he played helping Alan reenter the workplace and control his behavior at home.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss speech deficits of a person with TBI and the speech deficits that Alan had.
Essay Topic 3
When it came time for Alan to consider going back to work, Cathy had to find a community reentry program for him. Discuss community reentry and why Alan seemed to be a good candidate for reentry.
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)