|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Alan's rehabilitation specialist at HUP?
2. What was one of the songs from their wedding that Cathy sang to Alan in the ICU?
3. How old was the daughter of another family who had a family member in a coma with TBI?
4. What did Cathy pull out of the laundry on the boat to wear over her bathing suit?
5. Realistically, how long did Dr. Ellis believe there would be potential for improvement in Alan's condition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems did the Crimmins family have with the owners of the Canadian cabin?
2. What was the history behind the Glinda the Good Witch figurine that Alan's sister gave Alan?
3. What did Cathy see when she got to Alan after his accident?
4. What type of a relationship did Kelly have with Sarah and Joanne Babaian?
5. Why was Alan given a feeding tube?
6. Why didn't Cathy and Alan ever move from Philadelphia?
7. What were some physical, cognitive, and behavior symptoms that might be experienced by someone with a severe brain injury?
8. In Chapter 4, what words did Cathy or others have to repeat to Alan over and over again?
9. How was the waiting room for the neurological ICU different from the regular ICU?
10. Why did Alan have a logbook that went everywhere with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alan kicked Kelly in a movie theater when she made him angry. Discuss how Alan treated Kelly.
Essay Topic 2
After the accident, Alan would tell stories that were obviously not true. The objective of this lesson is to discuss confabulation and how and why brain-injured people used confabulation.
Essay Topic 3
"The Mango Princess" is about injuries Alan suffered that injured him badly. Discuss Alan's accident and injuries.
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)