|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Alan moved at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. Whom did Cathy make temporary guardian of Kelly while Alan was in a coma?
3. How old did Alan think Kelly was in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 6, how much money was Alan given to spend at a convenience store?
5. What did Cathy once dress as for a costume party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did it mean "going Tenth Floor Gates"?
2. What problems did the Crimmins family have with the owners of the Canadian cabin?
3. What did Cathy see when she got to Alan after his accident?
4. How did a cattle farmer's daughter sustain a brain injury?
5. How did Cathy meet Alan?
6. Why did Cathy say an injured brain was a crap shoot?
7. How was the waiting room for the neurological ICU different from the regular ICU?
8. Why was Alan practically naked in the ICU?
9. What were some physical, cognitive, and behavior symptoms that might be experienced by someone with a severe brain injury?
10. Why didn't Cathy and Alan ever move from Philadelphia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alan and Cathy met when they were in graduate school. Discuss how Cathy met Alan and fell in love.
Essay Topic 2
Alan was given various treatments to allow his brain to heal as much as possible. Discuss some of the treatments Alan was given and why those treatments were chosen.
Essay Topic 3
"The Mango Princess" is about injuries Alan suffered that injured him badly. Discuss Alan's accident and injuries.
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)