|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Alan's psychiatrist?
2. What did Cathy once dress as for a costume party?
3. In Chapter 6, what year did Alan believe it was?
4. Where was Alan born?
5. Whom did Cathy make temporary guardian of Kelly while Alan was in a coma?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Cathy after she bought groceries in Chapter 6?
2. What did it mean "going Tenth Floor Gates"?
3. Who also came to stay at the cabin?
4. Why was being left-handed a factor in Alan's recovery?
5. What were some physical, cognitive, and behavior symptoms that might be experienced by someone with a severe brain injury?
6. When did Cathy fall completely in love with Alan?
7. What was Alan's schedule at Magee?
8. How did Kelly enjoy the stay at the lake?
9. What problems did the Crimmins family have with the owners of the Canadian cabin?
10. What did Cathy think when a guy who had been injured in a motorcycle accident talked to Alan before they left for a Phillies game?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fatigue was a major problem for Alan. Discuss fatigue as a symptom of brain injury and how fatigue affected Alan.
Essay Topic 2
Cathy realized that her family's lifestyle was not good for brain injury rehabilitation. Discuss the lifestyle that Cathy and Alan had and why it wasn't good for someone who was recovering from a brain injury.
Essay Topic 3
Alan kicked Kelly in a movie theater when she made him angry. Discuss how Alan treated Kelly.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)