|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of a shell did Alan find at the beach during Labor Day weekend?
2. What magazine did Alan try to read but had trouble understanding?
(a) Popular Science.
(c) Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine.
(d) New Yorker.
3. How many days a week would Bill Gardner come to help organize Alan's home office?
4. Where did Cathy throw a surprise party for Alan's forty-fifth birthday?
(a) Thai restaurant.
(b) Chinese restaurant.
(c) Indian restaurant.
(d) Italian restaurant.
5. For how many hours was Alan allowed to go home the first time?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 8 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Cathy's mother take Kelly the first week Alan was home?
2. How long had Cathy and Alan been going to the swim club?
3. How many lawyers had Crystal Manir been able to successfully help return to work?
4. At the resort where Alan, Cathy, and Kelly stayed, what were players of athletic contests supposed to drink to atone or celebrate?
5. During a visit with Cathy's sister, what was the depth of the water that Alan tried to encourage Kelly to jump into?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strange pocket of speech deficits went undiagnosed at Magee?
2. What types of things did Colleen, the physical therapist, have Cathy do with Alan during Cathy's training?
3. What was Cathy's routine with Alan the first weeks he was home?
4. How did Alan do when the occupational therapist had him go to the second-floor cafeteria and back again on his own?
5. Why did Cathy decide not to have Alan go through Moss Rehabilitation for his reentry?
6. What did Cathy believe Bill's greatest value was?
7. Why was a will chosen for Alan's first work-related job?
8. What happened when Alan took Kelly and Jen to the movies?
9. What did Alan consider very stupid about the day hospital?
10. Why, according to the therapists, was Alan in a great position to try reentry into the community?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)