|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many weeks had Alan been going to the day hospital when reentry was discussed?
(a) 10 weeks.
(b) 8 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 6 weeks.
2. What sport was Alan playing when he lost most of the meniscus in his knee?
3. How old was Cathy in 1996?
4. During the first year after the injury, where did Alan, Cathy, and Kelly travel with Cathy's mother to meet her sister and her family?
(c) North Carolina.
5. During a visit with Cathy's sister, what was the depth of the water that Alan tried to encourage Kelly to jump into?
(a) 1 foot.
(b) 5 feet.
(c) 4 feet.
(d) 2 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was James Brady's son when John Hinckley shot Brady?
2. What type of a shell did Alan find at the beach during Labor Day weekend?
3. Alan's new roommate was called Big Al. How old was big Al's wife?
4. What percent of Alan's salary was covered under a private disability policy?
5. At the resort where Alan, Cathy, and Kelly stayed, what were players of athletic contests supposed to drink to atone or celebrate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Cathy believe Bill's greatest value was?
2. Why did Alan have speech therapy at Magee?
3. How did Alan react to the stress of traveling to Mexico?
4. Why did Cathy have a terrible time during her birthday dinner?
5. Describe Gage before and after his accident.
6. What does Cathy wish she could do for Kelly?
7. How did a neuropsychologist's grandfather lose all his money in the 1930s?
8. How was Phineas Gage injured?
9. What was Cathy's routine with Alan the first weeks he was home?
10. Why, according to the therapists, was Alan in a great position to try reentry into the community?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)