|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Cathy and Alan spend at their garden plot the first time they went after his injury?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 4 minutes.
2. In children, when does the brain begin to develop self-awareness and judgment?
(a) 8 to 11.
(b) 12 to 13.
(c) 9 to 12.
(d) 14 to 16.
3. On their Labor Day trip, how far was it to walk from the motel to the beach?
(a) 1/2 mile.
(b) 1/2 block.
(c) 1 block.
(d) 3/4 mile.
4. What magazine did Alan try to read but had trouble understanding?
(a) Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine.
(b) New Yorker.
(c) Popular Science.
5. How many hours of day sessions of therapy did the HMO agree to pay for?
(a) 90 hours.
(b) 120 hours.
(c) 30 hours.
(d) 60 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the percentage rate of divorces among TBI survivors and spouses?
2. How far was Cathy and Alan's garden from their house?
3. What drug was Alan given that made him crazy?
4. What type of a shell did Alan find at the beach during Labor Day weekend?
5. How old was Cathy in 1996?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Cathy feel when she took Alan home from Magee?
2. Describe Gage before and after his accident.
3. Why did Cathy decide not to have Alan go through Moss Rehabilitation for his reentry?
4. What did Cathy believe Bill's greatest value was?
5. Why did Cathy have a terrible time during her birthday dinner?
6. What strange pocket of speech deficits went undiagnosed at Magee?
7. Why was TBI labeled the "hidden disability"?
8. Describe Bill Gardner.
9. What happened when Alan took Kelly and Jen to the movies?
10. Why was a will chosen for Alan's first work-related job?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)