|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Gage when he was injured?
2. How old was Lisa Gordon?
3. During the first year after the injury, where did Alan, Cathy, and Kelly travel with Cathy's mother to meet her sister and her family?
(d) North Carolina.
4. Where did Cathy throw a surprise party for Alan's forty-fifth birthday?
(a) Indian restaurant.
(b) Thai restaurant.
(c) Chinese restaurant.
(d) Italian restaurant.
5. During a visit with Cathy's sister, what was the depth of the water that Alan tried to encourage Kelly to jump into?
(a) 1 foot.
(b) 4 feet.
(c) 2 feet.
(d) 5 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was Phineas Gage injured?
2. What children's book did Cathy think of after Al found a shell on Labor Day weekend?
3. How old was James Brady's son when John Hinckley shot Brady?
4. How much of the reentry counseling fees did Cathy have to agree to pay?
5. What type of a shell did Alan find at the beach during Labor Day weekend?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did a neuropsychologist's grandfather lose all his money in the 1930s?
2. What types of things did Colleen, the physical therapist, have Cathy do with Alan during Cathy's training?
3. What were the holidays like for Alan?
4. Describe Bill Gardner.
5. What did Alan consider very stupid about the day hospital?
6. What was cognitive fatigue?
7. How did Alan do when the occupational therapist had him go to the second-floor cafeteria and back again on his own?
8. In Chapter 9, what would frequently happen if Cathy left Kelly with Alan?
9. Why, according to the therapists, was Alan in a great position to try reentry into the community?
10. Why did Cathy have a terrible time during her birthday dinner?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)