|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drug was Alan given that made him crazy?
2. Where was Bill Gardner an intern?
(a) Craig Hospital.
(b) Mayo Medical Center.
(c) Kessler Institute.
(d) JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Center.
3. Where was Gage's brain stored after his death?
4. What was the name of the bank where Alan worked?
(a) First Union.
(b) First National.
(c) Brenton Bank.
5. What was Alan drinking that Kelly wanted to drink from, but Alan screamed that she would catch something if she drank from his can?
(a) Mountain Dew.
6. Where was the bookstore where Cathy and Tom did a reading in Chapter 8?
(a) Chestnut Hill.
(b) West Chester.
(c) Bryn Mawr.
7. How many hours would Bill Gardner spend each time he came to help organize Alan's home office?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 6 hours.
8. During the first year after the injury, where did Alan, Cathy, and Kelly travel with Cathy's mother to meet her sister and her family?
(c) North Carolina.
9. What color flags were posted to warn tourists to be careful swimming?
10. How old was Gage when he was injured?
11. How long was Alan supposed to be in rehabilitation at Magee?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 4 months.
12. At the resort where Alan, Cathy, and Kelly stayed, what were players of athletic contests supposed to drink to atone or celebrate?
13. How many packages of gum did Alan bring Kelly from the drugstore?
14. How much did Kelly spend on jelly beans?
(a) 75 cents.
(c) 50 cents.
15. Where did Cathy throw a surprise party for Alan's forty-fifth birthday?
(a) Indian restaurant.
(b) Thai restaurant.
(c) Italian restaurant.
(d) Chinese restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Alan's nephew when they went to visit Alan's brother and family a year after the accident?
2. In Chapter 11, what birthday party did Kelly want to plan?
3. Where was a study done which showed that people with frontal lobe damage tended to laugh hardest at inappropriate punch lines to jokes?
4. During Alan's first visit home, of what television show was Cathy reminded?
5. What client agreed to be a test case for Alan's reentry?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)