|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. n Chapter 4, approximately how many hours a day was Alan still sleeping?
2. In Chapter 3, what was the name of Alan's attending internist?
(a) Dr. Wood.
(b) Dr. Andrews.
(c) Dr. Rawlings.
(d) Dr. Wyatt.
3. What was the name of Alan's neuropsychologist?
(a) Martha Franklin.
(b) Catherine Branson.
(c) Barbara Watson.
(d) Anna Higgins.
4. How old was the daughter of another family who had a family member in a coma with TBI?
5. How often was Alan poked with sharp little steel rods to test his response to pain stimuli?
(a) Every 90 minutes.
(b) Every hour.
(c) Every two hours.
(d) Every 45 minutes.
6. When did the Crimmins family take a vacation in Canada?
(a) August, 1996.
(b) June, 1996.
(c) April, 1996.
(d) July, 1996.
7. In one year in the United states, approximately how many people incur TBI?
(a) 1.5 to 2 million.
(c) 2 to 3 million.
(d) 1 million.
8. What was the name of Alan's psychiatrist?
(a) Dan Weinstein.
(b) Robert Mueller.
(c) Andrew Norris.
(d) Brian Davidson.
9. What medication was Alan given in Chapter 4 to prevent seizures?
10. What cartoon character did Cathy compare Alan to the first time she saw him walk to the bathroom?
(b) Lil Abner.
(c) Charlie Brown.
11. What type of flowers did Sarah and her sister bring for Kelly's first visit to see Alan in the United States?
(a) White roses.
(b) Yellow carnations.
(c) Red carnations.
(d) Yellow roses.
12. What color was Alan's logbook?
13. How far was the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania from where Alan and Cathy first met?
(a) 1 block.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 4 blocks.
14. How old was Cathy's mother when she became a widow?
15. What song did Alan sing at his wedding and four other weddings?
(a) Kiss You All Over.
(b) I'll be There.
(c) Stayin' Alive.
(d) Wild Thing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Cathy make temporary guardian of Kelly while Alan was in a coma?
2. In the prologue, what artist was featured at the Philadelphia Museum of Art?
3. What did Alan sing as he left to ferry Sarah, Honey, and Benjamin back to the mainland?
4. Realistically, how long did Dr. Ellis believe there would be potential for improvement in Alan's condition?
5. How was Alan when Cathy met him?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)