|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom will live awhile in the 'old ways', then go to town and the Indian school to see what is happening, but will not what?
2. Tom Black obtains the rodeo schedule, intends to make a comeback, and plans to use his summer pay to buy what?
3. His second July riding big rodeos, Tom Black Bull's wild horse smashes into the gate and causes what injuries?
4. As Tom Black Bull moves into the big time rodeo, riding as his own man, what is he bringing Into his next stage of life?
5. In a local café in Pagosa, four men are staring at Tom Black in his fancy clothes and he feels what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tom encounters the bear while herding sheep and he is surprised. It brings back memories as well as questions. Why does Tom go back to track the bear down? What will he do when he finds the bear? Why is he unable to kill the bear? What journey does his second meeting with the bear compel Tom to take?
Essay Topic 2
The first horse Tom Black Bull rode to death was in his initial rodeo in Aztec. The last was in Madison Square Garden. What is Tom's violence directed against? Why does he take his violence out on the horses? What does Red Dillon represent? What does Tom become more like as he gives in progressively to his violence?
Essay Topic 3
Tom Black earned a name for himself riding rodeo. He made good money at times. Explain why it is that Tom will never return to ride in the arena.
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)