Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a local café in Pagosa, four men are staring at Tom Black in his fancy clothes and he feels what?
2. What animals does Tom Black leave the remainder of his uneaten, initial breakfast pancakes for?
3. Until he heals more, Tom Black accepts a job doing what that will not be too hard on him?
4. How does Tom Black Bull care for his instructor's body?
5. What switch is taking place in Tom Black's life as he dreams of his mother's death?
Essay Topic 1
Blue Elk is an antagonist. He is a corrupted bridge linking the white and Ute worlds. Examine Blue Elk's responsibility for a significant amount of the misunderstanding and miscommunication between these two cultures. How does Blue Elk use his command of both languages to take advantage of the Ute Indians who do not speak English, and the white people who do not speak Ute? How does he exploit the greed of the white man? How does he exploit the Ute sense of justice and honesty? How is Blue Elk a twisted, unscrupulous variant of both the white man and the Ute Indian?
Essay Topic 2
Tom Black earned a name for himself riding rodeo. He made good money at times. Explain why it is that Tom will never return to ride in the arena.
Essay Topic 3
When his nurse in New York, Mary Redmond, attempts to pressure herself into his rehabilitation, Tom Black recalls others and the patterns they utilized in trapping him. Elaborate on those used by Blue Elk, Rowena Ellis, Benny Grayback, and Red Dillon. Are they attempting to help him or use him? What about Mary?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)