Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a local café in Pagosa, four men are staring at Tom Black in his fancy clothes and he feels what?
2. What animals does Tom Black leave the remainder of his uneaten, initial breakfast pancakes for?
3. Until he heals more, Tom Black accepts a job doing what that will not be too hard on him?
4. How does Tom Black Bull care for his instructor's body?
5. What switch is taking place in Tom Black's life as he dreams of his mother's death?
Essay Topic 1
George and Bessie Black Bull live the winter with their son in the mountains. How do they prepare for the winter the 'old way'? What do they do for food? What clothing do they make? Where will they live? How will they keep warm?
Essay Topic 2
Tom Black Bull is taught to ride broncos at Red Dillon's ranch. His new life is totally apart from everything Ute Indian. What is the sequence of steps Red utilizes in teaching Tom? What does Tom have to learn along the way as he advances? What unethical maneuvers does Red plan to utilize to make money from Tom's efforts?
Essay Topic 3
Tom Black earned a name for himself riding rodeo. He made good money at times. Explain why it is that Tom will never return to ride in the arena.
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)