Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a local café in Pagosa, four men are staring at Tom Black in his fancy clothes and he feels what?
2. What animals does Tom Black leave the remainder of his uneaten, initial breakfast pancakes for?
3. Until he heals more, Tom Black accepts a job doing what that will not be too hard on him?
4. How does Tom Black Bull care for his instructor's body?
5. What switch is taking place in Tom Black's life as he dreams of his mother's death?
In Chapter 42, Tom accepts a simple job of shepherding when he comes back to Pagosa to recover. When he is alone with the sheep, what is he surprised by? What are the memories that flood back? How does he adjust to the simple life as he recuperates and makes plans to return to the rodeo?
Are all those whom Tom Black Bull encounters intent on using him by compelling him to adapt to the white way? How does Jim Thatcher affect Tom's life? What about other individuals?
Blue Elk is an antagonist. He is a corrupted bridge linking the white and Ute worlds. Examine Blue Elk's responsibility for a significant amount of the misunderstanding and miscommunication between these two cultures. How does Blue Elk use his command of both languages to take advantage of the Ute Indians who do not speak English, and the white people who do not speak Ute? How does he exploit the greed of the white man? How does he exploit the Ute sense of justice and honesty? How is Blue Elk a twisted, unscrupulous variant of both the white man and the Ute Indian?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)