Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom Black Bull tells Benny Grayback that he will agree to acclimate under what condition?
2. How is Tom Black Bull punished when he fights other boys?
3. When Tom Black Bull realizes he has been betrayed by Blue Elk, what does he fight for?
4. What is George Bull's demeanor when he arrives at the house following the fight?
5. Who does Tom Black Bull join with to become a bronco rider?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some reasons Tom Black decides that he must return to the rodeo?
2. Who is Tom Black reminded of by Mary Redmond attempting to pressure her way into his convalescence?
3. How is the bear cub freed, and how is Tom Black Bull returned to the agency school?
4. How do Red Dillon and Tom Black Bull exercise their con at the Bernalillo rodeo?
5. Following a number of days tracking the bear, what does Tom Black locate on Bald Mountain's first bench?
6. What are the 'old ways' Bessie Black Bull teaches Tom as they escape Pagosa and flee into Horse Mountain to link up with her husband, George?
7. What happens when Tom Black Bull encounters his bear cub the next spring at the reservation school boundaries?
8. What methods does Red Dillon use to teach Tom Black Bull to ride?
9. What transpires during Tom Black's night ride at Madison Square Garden?
10. Why do Mary Redmond and Tom Black run opposed to each other?
What does the introductory poem summarize? What about the American Indians' demise? What about the troubled course of this story's main character into manhood?
Roundness of life is a significant theme in this story. It unfolds through Bessie Black Bull, who maintains the 'old ways' and instructs them to Tom. What is it the reader learns to look for with this theme? How does the concept of continuation within all life tie in with this 'roundness' theme? Detail the method Bessie uses to teach this intrinsic truth concerning nature.
Thomas Black Bull was given that baptized name by the white man. But the Ute Indians select their own names by which they will be known. Tom declares he will call himself Bear's Brother. How does he come to select that name?
This section contains 1,293 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)