|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who initially attempts to help Tom Black deal with his dreams in New York?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An Indian rodeo hand.
(d) A preacher.
2. Tom Black Bull spends much time thinking as he recovers, then decides to what?
(a) Quit rodeo riding and return to the mountain.
(b) Buy the ranch and give up rodeo riding.
(c) Burn down the ranch cabin and barn.
(d) Buy the ranch and teach Utes to ride broncos.
3. He will soon be out of the hospital and on his way to mend, so what does Tom Black do with his dreams and nightmares at this stage?
(a) Discusses them with a counselor.
(b) Stays awake so he will not face them.
(c) Forgets them by drinking alcohol more heavily.
(d) Places them behind him.
4. One afternoon Tom Black picks grasses, weaves a tiny basket, then leaves it in a tree as a nest for what?
(a) A prairie dog.
(b) A prairie chicken.
(c) A field mouse.
(d) A chipmunk.
5. Where does Tom Black leave his clothes bag while he walks up the street?
(a) With the postal clerk.
(b) With the bus station clerk.
(c) With the train station clerk.
(d) With the waitress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Talking with his employer about the bear he saw makes Tom Black do what?
2. During his night ride at the Madison Square Garden rodeo, what parts of Tom Black's body go numb with pain?
3. Tom Black dreams about his mother dying, chanting her death song, which brings what to the foreground of his psyche?
4. His second July riding big rodeos, Tom Black Bull's wild horse smashes into the gate and causes what injuries?
5. When Tom Black initiates his physical therapy with Mary Redmond, he is getting around how?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)