|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tom Black still have to face his fear in person?
(a) The arena.
(b) The corral.
(c) The mountain.
(d) The desert.
2. A bear rushes into the meadow from the brush and kills what, as Tom Black muses over his rodeo plans one day?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A herding dog.
(c) A sheep.
(d) A horse.
3. Those who observe how Tom Black rides and lives between rides see that the ride is the only time he does what?
(d) Comes alive.
4. What form of signaling does Albert Left Hand exercise with his dogs that Tom Black attempts again?
(a) Smoke signaling with his pipe.
(c) Hand signaling.
(d) Ute terminology.
5. Tom Black moves on to Thatcher's Market where he purchases what?
(a) Work clothes, to change his image.
(b) More practical, casual clothing.
(c) A blue coat with brass buttons.
(d) A new western hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In New York, Tom dreams of back-country rodeos, the San Juan ranch, his mother, and mountains, but all the dreams end how?
2. What is Tom Black's reaction when children in the park recognize him and point him out as a killer?
3. What is it that Tom Black finally comes to realize he must face after his being crushed under the horse in Madison Square Garden?
4. Who initially attempts to help Tom Black deal with his dreams in New York?
5. One night, Tom Black dreams that Blue Elk is speaking to him as though he is still a boy, stating the 'old ways' are gone and Tom must learn to read, write, and what else?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)