|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom sets out to kill a boyhood, ends up killing the man he has been for so long, and finds what?
(a) His parents.
(c) Those in Pagosa.
(d) His childhood friends.
2. Tom's mother told her son that time lays scars on a man, becoming part of his being, just like what?
(a) Stripes on a skunk.
(b) Stripes on a chipmunk.
(c) Markings on a diamondback rattlesnake.
(d) White head of a bald eagle
3. Who initially attempts to help Tom Black deal with his dreams in New York?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An Indian rodeo hand.
(d) A preacher.
4. Tom Black ends his journey in Part 4, Chapter 48, making a full circle from oneness with nature to hell and violence, or where?
(a) Life to death and back.
(b) Roundness into nature and back.
(c) New to old and back.
(d) Opposition into harmony and back.
5. Tom Black moves on to Thatcher's Market where he purchases what?
(a) Work clothes, to change his image.
(b) More practical, casual clothing.
(c) A blue coat with brass buttons.
(d) A new western hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Tom Black arrive and camp at his old campsite when he returns to locate the bear?
2. One night, Tom Black dreams that Blue Elk is speaking to him as though he is still a boy, stating the 'old ways' are gone and Tom must learn to read, write, and what else?
3. What does Tom Black tell his new employer about his past?
4. What switch is taking place in Tom Black's life as he dreams of his mother's death?
5. How does Tom Black get back to Pagosa?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)