Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a local café in Pagosa, four men are staring at Tom Black in his fancy clothes and he feels what?
(b) Proud of his status.
2. What animals does Tom Black leave the remainder of his uneaten, initial breakfast pancakes for?
(a) Grouse, squirrels.
(b) Prairie dogs, chipmunks.
(c) Chipmunks, birds.
(d) Prairie chickens, prairie dogs.
3. Until he heals more, Tom Black accepts a job doing what that will not be too hard on him?
(a) Cattle herding.
(c) Leather cobbling.
(d) Store clerking, shelf stocking.
4. How does Tom Black Bull care for his instructor's body?
(a) Offers to pay for the burial.
(b) Buries it at the San Juan ranch.
(c) Leaves it for the city pauper's cemetery.
(d) Collects saloon donations to pay for the funeral.
5. What switch is taking place in Tom Black's life as he dreams of his mother's death?
(a) Tom is concentrating increasingly about his future.
(b) Tom is becoming sad about his need to ride rodeo again.
(c) Tom is slipping back more into his past.
(d) Tom is worrying about his dying on the rodeo circuit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Looking back, what does Tom know the bear would have done had he fired his rifle and missed the bear's heart?
2. Tom Black faces various crossroads in his life, each time taking the path leading to what?
3. What is the rodeo a wild ride of, literally and figuratively?
4. Tom's mother told her son that time lays scars on a man, becoming part of his being, just like what?
5. What happens during Tom Black's ride in the night rodeo at Madison Square Garden?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)