|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom Black tracks the bear up the mountain, circles back around to where he started, and discovers what?
(a) Only an old sign where it once slept.
(b) Not another sign.
(c) Not another fresh sign.
(d) Where it cached a carcass.
2. What animals does Tom Black leave the remainder of his uneaten, initial breakfast pancakes for?
(a) Prairie chickens, prairie dogs.
(b) Grouse, squirrels.
(c) Chipmunks, birds.
(d) Prairie dogs, chipmunks.
3. When Tom Black initiates his physical therapy with Mary Redmond, he is getting around how?
(a) Held up by two aides.
(b) In a wheelchair.
(c) With crutches.
(d) Using a cane.
4. Tom Black Bull spends much time thinking as he recovers, then decides to what?
(a) Burn down the ranch cabin and barn.
(b) Buy the ranch and teach Utes to ride broncos.
(c) Quit rodeo riding and return to the mountain.
(d) Buy the ranch and give up rodeo riding.
5. Tom Black obtains the rodeo schedule, intends to make a comeback, and plans to use his summer pay to buy what?
(a) A saddle.
(b) Hotel rooms and food.
(c) A trailer.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who initially attempts to help Tom Black deal with his dreams in New York?
2. How does Tom Black Bull care for his instructor's body?
3. Looking back, what does Tom know the bear would have done had he fired his rifle and missed the bear's heart?
4. Upon hearing of the grizzly bear that Tom Black thinks he saw, his employer responds that it is more likely what type?
5. When does Tom Black's employer link up with him to collect the herd?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)