|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Tom Black's second dream while in the juniper on Horse Mountain, thoughts of what go through his mind?
(a) Feeling of the icy cold water he bathed in.
(b) Loneliness in the absence of his father and mother.
(c) Items he has smelled or tasted burnt.
(d) Situations of extreme physical pain.
2. What does Tom not realize takes place whenever he is 'riding for the crowd' and as a killer?
(a) He always loses.
(b) He can never stop drugs for pain.
(c) He only wins when he kills.
(d) He is riding the white man's way.
3. The smell of burnt coffee in New York first reminds Tom Black of when he burned the San Juan barn, and then of what?
(a) Burnt coffee in all the cheap cafes he ate at.
(b) Reservation life as a young child, his mother's breakfasts.
(c) Everything about living on the San Juan ranch.
(d) Agency school life, his first time eating white man's food.
4. Tom Black obtains the rodeo schedule, intends to make a comeback, and plans to use his summer pay to buy what?
(a) A saddle.
(b) A car.
(c) Hotel rooms and food.
(d) A trailer.
5. How does Tom Black Bull care for his instructor's body?
(a) Offers to pay for the burial.
(b) Leaves it for the city pauper's cemetery.
(c) Buries it at the San Juan ranch.
(d) Collects saloon donations to pay for the funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom sets out to kill a boyhood, ends up killing the man he has been for so long, and finds what?
2. What is Tom Black's painful trek back up the mountain, naked and completely vulnerable to nature, an act of?
3. When he reaches the top of the mountain, Tom Black begins to dream, and these dreams summarize his life's battle to do what?
4. What form of signaling does Albert Left Hand exercise with his dogs that Tom Black attempts again?
5. He will soon be out of the hospital and on his way to mend, so what does Tom Black do with his dreams and nightmares at this stage?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)