|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom Black Bull spends much time thinking as he recovers, then decides to what?
(a) Quit rodeo riding and return to the mountain.
(b) Burn down the ranch cabin and barn.
(c) Buy the ranch and teach Utes to ride broncos.
(d) Buy the ranch and give up rodeo riding.
2. In the final chapter, where does Tom build his new lodge?
(a) The first bench of Granite Peak.
(b) The first bench of Grizzly Mountain.
(c) The first bench of Bald Mountain.
(d) The first bench of Horse Mountain.
3. Where does Tom Black head back to after stocking up on supplies?
(a) Bald Mountain.
(b) Granite Peak.
(c) Horse Mountain.
(d) Grizzly Mountain.
4. Tom's mother told her son that time lays scars on a man, becoming part of his being, just like what?
(a) Stripes on a skunk.
(b) Markings on a diamondback rattlesnake.
(c) Stripes on a chipmunk.
(d) White head of a bald eagle
5. What do the beans being choked by the weeds represent?
(a) The Mexican ex-bronco rider's life being choked from his farming life.
(b) Tom Black Bull being nearly choked from life on the ranch.
(c) The life being choked from horses on the rodeo circuit.
(d) Tom Black Bull being nearly choked from the white man's rodeo circuit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon hearing of the grizzly bear that Tom Black thinks he saw, his employer responds that it is more likely what type?
2. One afternoon Tom Black picks grasses, weaves a tiny basket, then leaves it in a tree as a nest for what?
3. If you include the one killed in Aztec, which is not in the records, Tom Black determines he has killed how many horses before his ride in Madison Square Garden?
4. Mary Redmond tells Tom Black that she has located a rest home in the country run by whom?
5. What does Tom Black do in response to an animal near him in the meadow being killed by a wild animal?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)