|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom Black wants to start over again; however, according to the code of the rodeo, where does he have to start?
(a) In the arena.
(b) Working a ranch.
(c) Teaching bronco riding.
(d) Riding a bull.
2. Talking with his employer about the bear he saw makes Tom Black do what?
(a) Talk his employer into following him to where he saw the bear.
(b) Change his plans again.
(c) Continue with his plans for the rodeo.
(d) Purchase a rifle to hunt the bear.
3. Now that he is about to leave the hospital, Tom Black knows at this phase that he will be alone, raw, and without the shield of what that he has had for so long?
(a) Nurses and doctors.
(b) The morbid rodeo crowd.
(c) Harmony of nature, roundness of life.
(d) His anger and violence.
4. Riding with the pain of his injuries, what does Tom turn to?
(c) 'Old ways'.
5. Looking back, what does Tom know the bear would have done had he fired his rifle and missed the bear's heart?
(a) Awaited to be killed.
(b) Killed him.
(c) Stared at him.
(d) Run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form of exercise does Tom Black use to strengthen his legs?
2. Tom Black ends his journey in Part 4, Chapter 48, making a full circle from oneness with nature to hell and violence, or where?
3. Tom Black dreams about his mother dying, chanting her death song, which brings what to the foreground of his psyche?
4. How does Tom Black Bull care for his instructor's body?
5. He will soon be out of the hospital and on his way to mend, so what does Tom Black do with his dreams and nightmares at this stage?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)