|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animals does Tom Black leave the remainder of his uneaten, initial breakfast pancakes for?
(a) Prairie dogs, chipmunks.
(b) Grouse, squirrels.
(c) Chipmunks, birds.
(d) Prairie chickens, prairie dogs.
2. In Tom Black's second dream while in the juniper on Horse Mountain, thoughts of what go through his mind?
(a) Loneliness in the absence of his father and mother.
(b) Items he has smelled or tasted burnt.
(c) Situations of extreme physical pain.
(d) Feeling of the icy cold water he bathed in.
3. Tom Black is unable to pursue his plans until he first does what?
(a) Faces the bear.
(b) Traps the bear.
(c) Attempts to find the bear.
(d) Kills the bear.
4. A bear rushes into the meadow from the brush and kills what, as Tom Black muses over his rodeo plans one day?
(a) A horse.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A sheep.
(d) A herding dog.
5. When Tom Black rides in Madison Square Garden, the newspaper relates that he has killed how many horses?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom Black do in response to an animal near him in the meadow being killed by a wild animal?
2. Now that he is about to leave the hospital, Tom Black knows at this phase that he will be alone, raw, and without the shield of what that he has had for so long?
3. What do the beans being choked by the weeds represent?
4. During his night ride at the Madison Square Garden rodeo, what parts of Tom Black's body go numb with pain?
5. How does Tom Black describe broncos to Mary Redmond?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)