|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the last chapter, Tom Black's name has changed to what?
(a) Chief Bear's Brother.
(b) Tom Black Bull.
(c) Tom Grizzly Bear.
(d) Chief Black Bull.
2. Tom Black Bull seems to draw the broncos that do what?
(a) Reflect his excited, yet satisfied nature.
(b) Reveal his nasty, yet accepting nature.
(c) Expose his light, content nature.
(d) Mirror his dark, vicious nature.
3. Looking back, what does Tom know the bear would have done had he fired his rifle and missed the bear's heart?
(a) Killed him.
(b) Run away.
(c) Awaited to be killed.
(d) Stared at him.
4. What is it that Tom Black finally comes to realize he must face after his being crushed under the horse in Madison Square Garden?
(a) His not settling down.
(b) His killing a horse.
(c) His fear.
(d) His punctured lung.
5. One afternoon Tom Black picks grasses, weaves a tiny basket, then leaves it in a tree as a nest for what?
(a) A prairie chicken.
(b) A field mouse.
(c) A prairie dog.
(d) A chipmunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the time comes where Tom Black is looking for rehabilitation homes, what is Mary Redmond trying to do?
2. The smell of burnt coffee in New York first reminds Tom Black of when he burned the San Juan barn, and then of what?
3. What do the beans being choked by the weeds represent?
4. What does Tom Black Bull's instructor die from?
5. Riding with the pain of his injuries, what does Tom turn to?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)