|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom Black's painful trek back up the mountain, naked and completely vulnerable to nature, an act of?
2. Symbolically, Tom Black's going back to the mountain represents that he has to do what?
(a) Expose his two spirits.
(b) Release his two spirits.
(c) Reunite his two spirits.
(d) Identify his two spirits.
3. What happens during Tom Black's ride in the night rodeo at Madison Square Garden?
(a) He rides the roan the full time limit.
(b) The roan bucks him off.
(c) The roan smashes into the gate.
(d) The roan falls on him.
4. What switch is taking place in Tom Black's life as he dreams of his mother's death?
(a) Tom is becoming sad about his need to ride rodeo again.
(b) Tom is worrying about his dying on the rodeo circuit.
(c) Tom is concentrating increasingly about his future.
(d) Tom is slipping back more into his past.
5. Where does Tom Black ride his gentle horse?
(a) Scouting the brush between Bald Mountain, Granite Peak.
(b) Scouting the desert sands between Bald Mountain, Granite Peak.
(c) Scouting aspens between Bald Mountain, Granite Peak.
(d) Scouting meadows between Bald Mountain, Granite Peak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom Black faces a crossroads following his Madison Square Garden rodeo ride; one that starts where?
2. A bear rushes into the meadow from the brush and kills what, as Tom Black muses over his rodeo plans one day?
3. Tom Black tracks the bear up the mountain, circles back around to where he started, and discovers what?
4. What is Tom Black's reaction when children in the park recognize him and point him out as a killer?
5. Starved, what does Tom Bull begin cooking for his next meal following breakfast on his initial day at work?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)