|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his first summer on the big rodeo circuit, Tom Black Bull returns to the ranch to discover what on his first evening back?
(a) The Mexican ex-bronco rider rummaging his wallet.
(b) The Mexican ex-bronco rider rummaging his jacket pockets.
(c) The Mexican ex-bronco rider rummaging his suitcase.
(d) The Mexican ex-bronco rider rummaging his trousers pockets.
2. What is it that Tom Black finally comes to realize he must face after his being crushed under the horse in Madison Square Garden?
(a) His not settling down.
(b) His fear.
(c) His punctured lung.
(d) His killing a horse.
3. Upon returning to the ranch to recover a second time, Tom Black Bull learns what about the Mexican ex-bronco rider?
(a) He broke his neck falling from a horse.
(b) He drowned attempting a rescue in a flooded stream.
(c) He decided to die in his sleep.
(d) He decided to commit suicide by gunshot.
4. Tom Black was obsessed with killing his past, but why does he now see that he must kill that which he has become?
(a) To get back to the wholeness that is his heritage.
(b) Rid himself of his bronco riding ways and embark on a new path.
(c) To get back where the 'old way' and a new one can blend.
(d) To escape his past and embark on a new future.
5. What is it that Mary Redmond wants with Tom Black?
(a) To provide assistance to him.
(b) To share pride with him.
(c) To have control over him.
(d) To offer encouragement with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom Black feel later that day after he awakes from his dream?
2. Where does Tom Black leave his clothes bag while he walks up the street?
3. Mary Redmond tells Tom Black that she has located a rest home in the country run by whom?
4. One night, Tom Black dreams that Blue Elk is speaking to him as though he is still a boy, stating the 'old ways' are gone and Tom must learn to read, write, and what else?
5. When he reaches the top of the mountain, Tom Black begins to dream, and these dreams summarize his life's battle to do what?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)