|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Tom Black arrive and camp at his old campsite when he returns to locate the bear?
(a) The third night.
(b) The fourth night.
(c) The second night.
(d) The first night.
2. As Tom Black Bull moves into the big time rodeo, riding as his own man, what is he bringing Into his next stage of life?
(a) His new successful sense of achievement.
(b) His new, hard, vicious spirit.
(c) His new fear of loss and injury.
(d) His new calm, peaceful tranquility.
3. Riding with the pain of his injuries, what does Tom turn to?
(b) 'Old ways'.
4. What does Tom Black tell his new employer about his past?
(a) Nothing about his rodeo work.
(b) Sketchy details about his rodeo work.
(c) Everything about his rodeo work.
(d) Only about his riding, nothing about the crowds or his fear.
5. How does Tom Black Bull care for his instructor's body?
(a) Offers to pay for the burial.
(b) Leaves it for the city pauper's cemetery.
(c) Buries it at the San Juan ranch.
(d) Collects saloon donations to pay for the funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the time comes where Tom Black is looking for rehabilitation homes, what is Mary Redmond trying to do?
2. Tom Black finds where the bear has cached the remains of a kill it has made, so he does what?
3. Talking with his employer about the bear he saw makes Tom Black do what?
4. What is the rodeo a wild ride of, literally and figuratively?
5. Now that he is about to leave the hospital, Tom Black knows at this phase that he will be alone, raw, and without the shield of what that he has had for so long?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)