|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Mary Redmond wants with Tom Black?
(a) To share pride with him.
(b) To provide assistance to him.
(c) To have control over him.
(d) To offer encouragement with him.
2. The smell of burnt coffee in New York first reminds Tom Black of when he burned the San Juan barn, and then of what?
(a) Everything about living on the San Juan ranch.
(b) Burnt coffee in all the cheap cafes he ate at.
(c) Agency school life, his first time eating white man's food.
(d) Reservation life as a young child, his mother's breakfasts.
3. Tom Black dreams about his mother dying, chanting her death song, which brings what to the foreground of his psyche?
(a) Experiences in the arena.
(b) More of the 'old ways'.
(c) Life at the San Juan ranch.
(d) Life at the reservation school.
4. As Tom Black Bull moves into the big time rodeo, riding as his own man, what is he bringing Into his next stage of life?
(a) His new, hard, vicious spirit.
(b) His new fear of loss and injury.
(c) His new successful sense of achievement.
(d) His new calm, peaceful tranquility.
5. What is Tom Black's painful trek back up the mountain, naked and completely vulnerable to nature, an act of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Those who observe how Tom Black rides and lives between rides see that the ride is the only time he does what?
2. Tom Black faces a crossroads following his Madison Square Garden rodeo ride; one that starts where?
3. Tom Black Bull spends much time thinking as he recovers, then decides to what?
4. Now that he is about to leave the hospital, Tom Black knows at this phase that he will be alone, raw, and without the shield of what that he has had for so long?
5. How does Tom Black get back to Pagosa?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)