|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom Black dreams about his mother dying, chanting her death song, which brings what to the foreground of his psyche?
(a) Life at the San Juan ranch.
(b) Experiences in the arena.
(c) More of the 'old ways'.
(d) Life at the reservation school.
2. Tom Black Bull seems to draw the broncos that do what?
(a) Expose his light, content nature.
(b) Reveal his nasty, yet accepting nature.
(c) Mirror his dark, vicious nature.
(d) Reflect his excited, yet satisfied nature.
3. By the last chapter, Tom Black's name has changed to what?
(a) Tom Black Bull.
(b) Chief Bear's Brother.
(c) Tom Grizzly Bear.
(d) Chief Black Bull.
4. What switch is taking place in Tom Black's life as he dreams of his mother's death?
(a) Tom is concentrating increasingly about his future.
(b) Tom is worrying about his dying on the rodeo circuit.
(c) Tom is becoming sad about his need to ride rodeo again.
(d) Tom is slipping back more into his past.
5. Where does Tom Black leave his clothes bag while he walks up the street?
(a) With the train station clerk.
(b) With the postal clerk.
(c) With the bus station clerk.
(d) With the waitress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom Black was obsessed with killing his past, but why does he now see that he must kill that which he has become?
2. What happens during Tom Black's ride in the night rodeo at Madison Square Garden?
3. When Tom Black rides in Madison Square Garden, the newspaper relates that he has killed how many horses?
4. Tom will live awhile in the 'old ways', then go to town and the Indian school to see what is happening, but will not what?
5. Living on the mountain is healing his soul and Tom Black is slowly recalling his former self when he lived how?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)