|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the gold prospector do the morning after Bear's Brother spies him along the stream?
(a) He shoots the she-bear and traps a cub.
(b) He shoots the she-bear and a cub.
(c) He shoots one of the bear cubs.
(d) He traps one of the cubs.
2. Tom Black Bull's ego and sense of adventure are fed by what as he assesses himself west of Corpus Christi?
(a) Eating in cafes instead of the Mexican ex-bronco rider's cooking.
(b) The exhilaration and bravado of the rodeo circuit.
(c) Winning big bets on the rodeo circuit.
(d) Sleeping in hotels instead of a dormitory room.
3. How long following his punishment does Tom Black Bull escape the school?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 weeks.
4. Blue Elk talks Tom Black Bull into doing what with the bear cub?
(a) Selling him to Blue Elk.
(b) Releasing him in the mountain.
(c) Chaining him in a corral.
(d) Selling him to Jim Thatcher.
5. How does Tom Black Bull share part of his deer kill?
(a) With Jim Thatcher.
(b) With Blue Elk.
(c) With a bear.
(d) With the sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Tom Black Bull and his teacher bother to make the four-day ride just for the rodeo at Bernalillo?
2. George and Bessie Black Bull are compelled to work where for the white man?
3. Who has George Black Bull killed?
4. What is the powerful, violent force directing Tom Black Bull's life while he is in training on the San Juan ranch?
5. When Tom Black Bull realizes he has been betrayed by Blue Elk, what does he fight for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mary Redmond attempt to pressure herself into becoming a continuing part of Tom Black's rehabilitation?
2. What are some of his thoughts related to the bear during Tom Black's first night spent back at the old sheep camp?
3. What is the legend about Tom Black being a first cousin of the Devil who got into an argument with him?
4. What happens to Tom Black the next day after he has a dream in which Blue Elk becomes Red Dillon laughing at him?
5. What happens when Jim Woodward offers Tom Black a winter job a second time?
6. How is Tom Black Bull introduced to his moneymaking skills in Chapter 21?
7. When Tom Black lays asleep on prickly needles, what does he dream of?
8. How does Red Dillon use Tom Black Bull to make money on his initial scam?
9. How do Tom Black Bull and his parents prepare for the winter on Horse Mountain?
10. What is printed about Tom Black in the newspaper when he rides in Madison Square Garden?
This section contains 1,296 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)