|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tom Black Bull share a room with in the dormitory?
(a) Luther Spotted Dog.
(b) Frank No Deer.
(d) Albert Left Hand.
2. How is Tom Black Bull punished when he fights other boys?
(a) He is forced to stand in a corner.
(b) He is forced to make more baskets.
(c) He is flogged.
(d) He is made to stay out in the cold.
3. What is Bessie Black Bull relieved about upon her return to the mountains following her second trip to Jim Thatcher's store?
(a) Her son will be going to the white man's school.
(b) Bear's Brother will be going to the white man's school.
(c) She and her son can return to the Southern Ute reservation.
(d) The problem concerning Frank No Deer is resolved.
4. Tom Black Bull is taken to his new dormitory room to get what?
(a) White man's clothes.
(b) Pencils and paper.
(c) White man's food.
(d) A Holy Bible.
5. Having begun to reevaluate his life, Tom Black Bull returns to the hotel and refuses to comply with orders to do what?
(a) Return to his instructor's spread.
(b) Ride in the next rodeo.
(c) Take care of the horses.
(d) Prepare for the next con.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many baskets does Bessie Black Bull trade for an ax, ammunition, a hunting knife, and candy at Jim Thatcher's store?
2. What is the name of the Mexican ex-bronco rider who now cooks at Tom Black Bull's new residence?
3. What method does the Mexican ex-bronco rider use to quiet Tom Black Bull's life for a few hours?
4. The Mexican ex-bronco rider that now cooks is correct when he says what?
5. George and Bessie Black Bull are compelled to work where for the white man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Tom Black Bull arrives with his bear cub companion in town to trade basketry?
2. Following a number of days tracking the bear, what does Tom Black locate on Bald Mountain's first bench?
3. What are some reasons Tom Black decides that he must return to the rodeo?
4. What compels Tom Black back to Horse Mountain?
5. Why is it that Tom Black Bull gets by caring for sheep with Albert Left Hand?
6. Why do Mary Redmond and Tom Black run opposed to each other?
7. What is the bear cub that is shackled in the corral symbolic of?
8. What happens when Tom Black Bull is locked in his room at the school and he begins to chant?
9. Why does Tom Black accept the job offer from Jim Woodward?
10. What is happening to Tom Black Bull under Red Dillon's control that is frustrating him?
This section contains 1,198 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)