|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bessie's response to the situation her man has gotten into?
(a) She understands an unspoken truth - George acted justly, according to his conscience.
(b) She chastises her husband - he has gotten his family into deep trouble.
(c) She collects her son and departs - George acted foolishly, in anger.
(d) She questions George - what has he done to be chased by the white man.
2. In addition to assisting ewes and lambs through the difficulty of birth, Tom Black Bull helps protect against what?
3. What method does the Mexican ex-bronco rider use to quiet Tom Black Bull's life for a few hours?
(a) Praying in the chapel.
(b) Telling him stories of the 'old ways'.
(c) Harvesting chilies and beans.
(d) Playing his guitar and singing.
4. After Tom Black Bull escapes the school, what old Indian tracker is sent with Benny Grayback to find him?
(a) Eagle Eye.
(b) Night Owl.
5. Where do Bessie Black Bull and her son wait for two days to ensure that no one follows them en route to their rendezvous with her husband?
(a) The foot of Horse Mountain.
(b) The foot of Granite Peak.
(c) The foot of Bald Mountain.
(d) The foot of Grizzly Mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens during one rodeo ride in Texas requiring hospitalization for Tom Black Bull?
2. Tom Black Bull emerges a new man after purchasing new clothing and going to the barber, and draws the attention of whom?
3. How many days away from the agency school does Blue Elk take Tom Black Bull and the bear cub?
4. In regards to Blue Elk being willing to sell his own grandmother, what is his reply?
5. Who does Tom Black Bull join with to become a bronco rider?
Short Essay Questions
1. What transpires during Tom Black's night ride at Madison Square Garden?
2. What happens when Tom Black Bull is locked in his room at the school and he begins to chant?
3. What happens on the ride home when Red Dillon awakens from his stupor and Tom Black Dillon informs him that he took his money?
4. What causes Tom Black's nightmares to cease?
5. When Tom Black lays asleep on prickly needles, what does he dream of?
6. In Chapter 2, what sort of glimpse does the author provide of life on the Southern Ute Indian Reservation in comparison to Indian life the 'old way'?
7. What transpires during Tom Black Bull's discussion with the doctor following Meo's passing?
8. What is Tom Black's intent regarding rebuilding his muscles following his Madison Square Garden fall?
9. What is the legend about Tom Black being a first cousin of the Devil who got into an argument with him?
10. What does the introductory poem to "When the Legends Die" summarize?
This section contains 1,237 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)