|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom Black Bull do to relieve his anger when Red Dillon enters him into rodeo bronco riding competitions to cheat?
(a) Quits riding altogether.
(b) Vents it in any way he can.
(c) Vents it in every illegal way he can.
(d) Vents it in every legal way he can.
2. How is George Black Bull killed?
(a) In an avalanche.
(b) Shot by the sheriff.
(c) Strangled by Blue Elk.
(d) He drowns.
3. Tom Black Bull's parents teach him the methods of building lodges, preparing food for winter, and what else?
(a) Keeping his spirit in tune with nature.
(b) Hunting buffalo.
(c) Farming corn.
(d) Making pots from clay.
4. When the first frost arrives, Bessie examines the pine nuts, acorns, and fish they have and decides what?
(a) It was better with the corn grown in the fields.
(b) They needed to find additional food.
(c) The white man's supplies were better.
(d) This is the way it should be.
5. After two years, George and Bessie Black Bull are in debt for how much to the white man?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom Black Bull and his teacher are run out of Felice with the latter shirtless, so he leaves what on a clothesline they pass?
2. When late March arrives, Tom Black Bull knows the time has come for what?
3. How long following his punishment does Tom Black Bull escape the school?
4. Tom Black Bull is left with the horses when his instructor buys a pickup and trailer, then goes to do what?
5. When Bessie Black Bull goes back to town a third time, what does she trade with Indian women in exchange for information about Blue Elk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tom Black doing in preparation to ride rodeo again?
2. What transpires the day after Tom Black Bull spies the gold prospector by the stream?
3. In Chapter 2, what sort of glimpse does the author provide of life on the Southern Ute Indian Reservation in comparison to Indian life the 'old way'?
4. What are some reasons Tom Black decides that he must return to the rodeo?
5. What is the bear cub that is shackled in the corral symbolic of?
6. What causes Tom Black's nightmares to cease?
7. How does the Black Bull family face the opening crisis situation in the first chapter?
8. What happens when Jim Woodward offers Tom Black a winter job a second time?
9. How does Tom come to be called Bear's Brother?
10. Why is it that Tom Black Bull gets by caring for sheep with Albert Left Hand?
This section contains 1,237 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)