|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days away from the agency school does Blue Elk take Tom Black Bull and the bear cub?
2. Blue Elk sees Bessie Black Bull leaving the store on her second trip and steals what from her?
(a) All but a small basket.
(b) All but the blue coat for Tom.
(c) All but the red coat for Tom.
(d) All but her clothing.
3. The spring after they are run out of Felice, where do Tom Black Bull and his teacher work?
(a) Northern Texas and the Oklahoma panhandle.
(b) Eastern New Mexico and the Oklahoma panhandle.
(c) Southwestern Kansas and the Oklahoma panhandle.
(d) Southern Colorado.
4. How do Tom Black Bull and his teacher later force a Mexican shepherd to make them food?
(a) Under threat of punching.
(b) At gunpoint.
(c) Under threat of clubbing.
(d) At knifepoint.
5. Whom does Tom Black Bull assist with the sheep?
(a) Charley Huckleberry.
(b) Albert Left Hand.
(c) Benny Grayback.
(d) Ed Porter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens with George Black Bull's body?
2. When Tom Black Bull is entered in the first rodeo in Aztec, what is he instructed to do?
3. After Tom Black Bull escapes the school, what old Indian tracker is sent with Benny Grayback to find him?
4. The other students tease Tom Black Bull about his basket weaving skill and call him what?
5. How does Tom Black Bull share part of his deer kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 28, what is it that the reader learns has changed for Red Dillon and Tom Black Bull upon going back to Colorado?
2. Bessie Black Bull is concerned in reference to what Jim Thatcher told her at the store about them no longer searching for George. What does she do?
3. What happens on the ride home when Red Dillon awakens from his stupor and Tom Black Dillon informs him that he took his money?
4. Why is it that Tom Black Bull gets by caring for sheep with Albert Left Hand?
5. Why do Mary Redmond and Tom Black run opposed to each other?
6. What is life like when Red Dillon and Tom Black Bull work the Oklahoma panhandle and eastern New Mexico in the spring, and Colorado the following autumn?
7. How does the theme of the roundness of all life unfold through Bessie Black Bull?
8. What happens when Tom Black Bull is locked in his room at the school and he begins to chant?
9. Why is Tom Black unable to shoot the bear after waiting all night?
10. How do Tom Black Bull and his parents prepare for the winter on Horse Mountain?
This section contains 1,250 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)