|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When his plowing fails, Tom Black Bull is next set to task as what?
(a) A shepherd boy with the sheep.
(b) A herd boy with the goats.
(c) A coop boy with the chickens.
(d) A herd boy with the cows.
2. Upon returning to his mountain, what does Tom Black Bull learn?
(a) His spirit is becoming polluted.
(b) His spirit remains pure.
(c) He has lost much of his 'old ways' knowledge.
(d) He still remembers the songs of his spirit.
3. Who is it that tracks the few Utes who have left the reservation to their camp?
(a) Frank No Deer.
(b) Blue Elk.
(c) Albert Left Hand.
(d) Luther Spotted Dog.
4. When Bessie Black Bull goes back to town a third time, what does she trade with Indian women in exchange for information about Blue Elk?
5. In addition to assisting ewes and lambs through the difficulty of birth, Tom Black Bull helps protect against what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Mexican ex-bronco rider who now cooks at Tom Black Bull's new residence?
2. What does Tom Black Bull do when Benny Grayback locks him in a room?
3. George and Bessie Black Bull are compelled to work where for the white man?
4. The last time Tom Black Bull returns to the hotel to find his instructor asleep and drunk again, he does what?
5. How do Tom Black Bull and his teacher later force a Mexican shepherd to make them food?
Short Essay Questions
1. Following a number of days tracking the bear, what does Tom Black locate on Bald Mountain's first bench?
2. Why do Mary Redmond and Tom Black run opposed to each other?
3. What transpires the day after Tom Black Bull spies the gold prospector by the stream?
4. Why is it that Tom Black Bull gets by caring for sheep with Albert Left Hand?
5. After returning to Pagosa following his injuries in New York, what does Tom Black recall when he enters Thatcher's Market?
6. How does Meo, the Mexican ex-bronco twister, take Tom Black Bull under his belt at Red Dillon's spread?
7. What is the legend about Tom Black being a first cousin of the Devil who got into an argument with him?
8. Why is Tom Black unable to shoot the bear after waiting all night?
9. Why does Tom Black accept the job offer from Jim Woodward?
10. What happens on the ride home when Red Dillon awakens from his stupor and Tom Black Dillon informs him that he took his money?
This section contains 1,157 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)