|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tom Black Bull is entered in the first rodeo in Aztec, what is he instructed to do?
(a) Ride in a betting scam.
(b) Ride without getting hurt.
(c) Win each ride.
(d) Ride hard, but honestly.
2. The circle the stars make is juxtaposed to the squareness of what?
(a) The white man's books.
(b) The white man's cross.
(c) The white man's fields.
(d) The white man's houses and streets.
3. Two white men exit a saloon and offer Tom Black Bull how much to ride 'his horse' at the end of town?
(a) Fifty cents.
(b) A dime.
(c) Two dollars.
(d) A quarter.
4. What is George Bull's demeanor when he arrives at the house following the fight?
(a) Frantic and upset.
(b) Worried and in fear.
(c) Calm and controlled.
(d) Nervous, but in control.
5. Tom Black Bull is left with the horses when his instructor buys a pickup and trailer, then goes to do what?
(a) Sell his ranch.
(b) Buy beer.
(c) Sell the horses.
(d) Attempt to collect bets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Blue Elk knows that life based on the 'old ways' contrasts starkly with how he lives and is what?
2. What does Tom Black Bull do when Benny Grayback locks him in a room?
3. Tom Black Bull and his teacher are run out of Felice with the latter shirtless, so he leaves what on a clothesline they pass?
4. The spring after they are run out of Felice, where do Tom Black Bull and his teacher work?
5. Tom Black Bull is given a single room at whose suggestion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tom Black doing in preparation to ride rodeo again?
2. What does Blue Elk do in his attempt to trick Tom Black Bull to return with him to the school?
3. What happens to Tom Black the next day after he has a dream in which Blue Elk becomes Red Dillon laughing at him?
4. Who is Tom Black reminded of by Mary Redmond attempting to pressure her way into his convalescence?
5. What is printed about Tom Black in the newspaper when he rides in Madison Square Garden?
6. Why does Tom Black accept the job offer from Jim Woodward?
7. Bessie Black Bull is concerned in reference to what Jim Thatcher told her at the store about them no longer searching for George. What does she do?
8. How is Tom Black Bull introduced to his moneymaking skills in Chapter 21?
9. What is life like when Red Dillon and Tom Black Bull work the Oklahoma panhandle and eastern New Mexico in the spring, and Colorado the following autumn?
10. What transpires between Bessie Black Bull and Ute Indian women from the reservation regarding Blue Elk and his thievery?
This section contains 1,387 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)