|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blue Elk arrange with the agent regarding Tom Black Bull and the bear cub?
(a) To accompany both to his lodge and release them there.
(b) To kill the cub and release Tom on the mountain.
(c) To kill the cub with his bow and an arrow, and tell Tom he released it.
(d) To accompany them to the mountain, release the cub, and bring Tom back.
2. Tom Black Bull is given a single room at whose suggestion?
(a) Charley Huckleberry.
(b) Benny Grayback.
(c) Dolly Beaverfoot.
(d) Rowena Ellis.
3. Upon returning to the school, to what task is Tom Black Bull assigned at the Cobbler's Shop?
(a) Making quirts and bridles.
(b) Making shoes and belts.
(c) Making leashes and harnesses.
(d) Making belts and suspenders.
4. When Tom Black Bull realizes he has been betrayed by Blue Elk, what does he fight for?
(a) The life of his spirit and freedom.
(b) The endurance of his spirit and frustration.
(c) His anger and frustration.
(d) The duration of his pride.
5. Tom Black Bull and his teacher are run out of Felice with the latter shirtless, so he leaves what on a clothesline they pass?
(a) A $2 bill in exchange for a shirt he takes.
(b) A $10 bill in exchange for a shirt he takes.
(c) A $1 bill in exchange for a shirt he takes.
(d) A $5 bill in exchange for a shirt he takes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom Black Bull do when Benny Grayback locks him in a room?
2. What is the white man's idea of how the Utes should live?
3. The Mexican ex-bronco rider knows that by Tom Black Bull giving in to his violence, he will become what?
4. What do George and Bessie Black Bull opt for when the white man's method of support fails?
5. What happens during one rodeo ride in Texas requiring hospitalization for Tom Black Bull?
Short Essay Questions
1. How will Tom Black work for Jim Woodward in the summer?
2. How does the Black Bull family face the opening crisis situation in the first chapter?
3. After Jim Woodward and the man Tom Black is relieving leave, what is Tom amazed by?
4. What happens when Tom Black Bull encounters his bear cub the next spring at the reservation school boundaries?
5. What happens on the ride home when Red Dillon awakens from his stupor and Tom Black Dillon informs him that he took his money?
6. Why is it that Tom Black Bull gets by caring for sheep with Albert Left Hand?
7. Why is Tom Black unable to shoot the bear after waiting all night?
8. What transpires during Tom Black's night ride at Madison Square Garden?
9. Why does Tom Black accept the job offer from Jim Woodward?
10. What transpires the day after Tom Black Bull spies the gold prospector by the stream?
This section contains 1,282 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)