|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days away from the agency school does Blue Elk take Tom Black Bull and the bear cub?
2. Who does Tom Black Bull share a room with in the dormitory?
(a) Albert Left Hand.
(b) Luther Spotted Dog.
(c) Frank No Deer.
3. Blue Elk knows that life based on the 'old ways' contrasts starkly with how he lives and is what?
(a) Comparable to his lifestyle.
(b) Inferior to his lifestyle.
(c) Superior to his lifestyle.
(d) Identical to his lifestyle.
4. What differs between horses that Tom Black Bull rode on the sagebrush range and those that he rides on the new spread?
(a) Indian ponies were smaller.
(b) Indian horses were bigger.
(c) Essentially no difference.
(d) Indian ponies were heftier.
5. What does Jim Thatcher tell Bessie Black Bull regarding Blue Elk following her encounter with the Indian women who initially tease her?
(a) He was responsible for stealing from Jim Thatcher's store.
(b) He had nothing to do with settling the issue with Frank No Deer.
(c) He was partly responsible for settling the issue with Frank No Deer.
(d) He was totally responsible for settling the issue with Frank No Deer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Mexican ex-bronco rider who now cooks at Tom Black Bull's new residence?
2. In addition to assisting ewes and lambs through the difficulty of birth, Tom Black Bull helps protect against what?
3. The circle the stars make is juxtaposed to the squareness of what?
4. Tom Black Bull is given a single room at whose suggestion?
5. What does Tom Black Bull do to relieve his anger when Red Dillon enters him into rodeo bronco riding competitions to cheat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Tom Black Bull takes more than 700 dollars from Red Dillon?
2. How are the images of roundness of life contrasted with the white man's squareness?
3. What is Tom Black's intent regarding rebuilding his muscles following his Madison Square Garden fall?
4. What causes Tom Black to change his plans again when Woodward collects his sheep for the winter?
5. After Jim Woodward and the man Tom Black is relieving leave, what is Tom amazed by?
6. What happens when Jim Woodward offers Tom Black a winter job a second time?
7. What does Blue Elk do in his attempt to trick Tom Black Bull to return with him to the school?
8. What transpires when Tom Black Bull makes the escape from the agency school to his lodge on the mountain in October?
9. In Chapter 28, what is it that the reader learns has changed for Red Dillon and Tom Black Bull upon going back to Colorado?
10. After returning to Pagosa following his injuries in New York, what does Tom Black recall when he enters Thatcher's Market?
This section contains 1,196 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)