|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom Black Bull emerges a new man after purchasing new clothing and going to the barber, and draws the attention of whom?
(a) A waitress.
(b) A new instructor.
(c) A cafe cook.
(d) A store clerk.
2. In addition to assisting ewes and lambs through the difficulty of birth, Tom Black Bull helps protect against what?
3. What is it that Tom Black Bull admires for sale in a store window when he arrives in Bayfield with Albert Left Hand?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A horse blanket.
(c) A jacket with brass buttons.
(d) A saddle.
4. How is Tom Black Bull punished when he fights other boys?
(a) He is flogged.
(b) He is forced to stand in a corner.
(c) He is made to stay out in the cold.
(d) He is forced to make more baskets.
5. Tom Black Bull and his teacher are run out of Felice with the latter shirtless, so he leaves what on a clothesline they pass?
(a) A $5 bill in exchange for a shirt he takes.
(b) A $2 bill in exchange for a shirt he takes.
(c) A $10 bill in exchange for a shirt he takes.
(d) A $1 bill in exchange for a shirt he takes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon returning to his mountain, what does Tom Black Bull learn?
2. How many baskets does Bessie Black Bull trade for an ax, ammunition, a hunting knife, and candy at Jim Thatcher's store?
3. What does the introductory poem summarize?
4. Blue Elk knows that life based on the 'old ways' contrasts starkly with how he lives and is what?
5. Why has Tom Black Bull taken well to caring for the sheep?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 28, what is it that the reader learns has changed for Red Dillon and Tom Black Bull upon going back to Colorado?
2. What happens to Tom Black the next day after he has a dream in which Blue Elk becomes Red Dillon laughing at him?
3. What happens when Tom Black Bull arrives with his bear cub companion in town to trade basketry?
4. What transpires when Tom Black Bull makes the escape from the agency school to his lodge on the mountain in October?
5. Why is the reservation school unsuccessful in teaching Tom Black Bull how to plow fields?
6. How does Tom Black Bull manage as he rides the rodeo circuit the summer following Red Dillon's death?
7. How do Tom Black Bull and his parents prepare for the winter on Horse Mountain?
8. What does the introductory poem to "When the Legends Die" summarize?
9. Following a number of days tracking the bear, what does Tom Black locate on Bald Mountain's first bench?
10. After Jim Woodward and the man Tom Black is relieving leave, what is Tom amazed by?
This section contains 1,318 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)