|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The last time Tom Black Bull returns to the hotel to find his instructor asleep and drunk again, he does what?
(a) Takes all but $20 from his pocket.
(b) Takes all but $5 from his pocket.
(c) Takes all but $15 from his pocket.
(d) Takes all but $10 from his pocket.
2. In what way is the gold prospector injured?
(a) A fractured leg bone.
(b) Bleeding profusely from his arm.
(c) A twisted ankle.
(d) Bleeding profusely from his leg.
3. How many baskets does Bessie Black Bull trade for an ax, ammunition, a hunting knife, and candy at Jim Thatcher's store?
4. Where do Bessie Black Bull and her son wait for two days to ensure that no one follows them en route to their rendezvous with her husband?
(a) The foot of Granite Peak.
(b) The foot of Grizzly Mountain.
(c) The foot of Horse Mountain.
(d) The foot of Bald Mountain.
5. Tom Black Bull and his teacher are run out of Felice with the latter shirtless, so he leaves what on a clothesline they pass?
(a) A $1 bill in exchange for a shirt he takes.
(b) A $2 bill in exchange for a shirt he takes.
(c) A $10 bill in exchange for a shirt he takes.
(d) A $5 bill in exchange for a shirt he takes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom Black Bull emerges a new man after purchasing new clothing and going to the barber, and draws the attention of whom?
2. The Mexican ex-bronco rider that now cooks is correct when he says what?
3. What is George Bull's demeanor when he arrives at the house following the fight?
4. When Tom Black Bull lets some animals get ill eating green corn, he is put back in the barn for how long before he goes to the horses?
5. What do George and Bessie Black Bull opt for when the white man's method of support fails?
Short Essay Questions
1. How will Tom Black work for Jim Woodward in the summer?
2. How do Tom Black Bull and his parents prepare for the winter on Horse Mountain?
3. Why is Tom Black unable to shoot the bear after waiting all night?
4. What does the introductory poem to "When the Legends Die" summarize?
5. How does Red Dillon use Tom Black Bull to make money on his initial scam?
6. How is the bear cub freed, and how is Tom Black Bull returned to the agency school?
7. Why does Tom Black accept the job offer from Jim Woodward?
8. What are some of his thoughts related to the bear during Tom Black's first night spent back at the old sheep camp?
9. How does Tom come to be called Bear's Brother?
10. What happens to Tom Black the next day after he has a dream in which Blue Elk becomes Red Dillon laughing at him?
This section contains 1,298 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)