Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom Black Bull tells Benny Grayback that he will agree to acclimate under what condition?
(a) If he can eat Indian meals.
(b) If they will let his brother, Bear, free.
(c) If he can visit his parents' graves.
(d) If he can retrieve items from his lodge.
2. How is Tom Black Bull punished when he fights other boys?
(a) He is flogged.
(b) He is forced to make more baskets.
(c) He is made to stay out in the cold.
(d) He is forced to stand in a corner.
3. When Tom Black Bull realizes he has been betrayed by Blue Elk, what does he fight for?
(a) The endurance of his spirit and frustration.
(b) His anger and frustration.
(c) The life of his spirit and freedom.
(d) The duration of his pride.
4. What is George Bull's demeanor when he arrives at the house following the fight?
(a) Frantic and upset.
(b) Calm and controlled.
(c) Nervous, but in control.
(d) Worried and in fear.
5. Who does Tom Black Bull join with to become a bronco rider?
(a) Ed Porter.
(b) Red Dillon.
(c) Marty Redmond.
(d) Bill Edwards.
Short Answer Questions
1. West of Corpus Christi, Tom Black Bull assesses his life and his riding skills. How many horses have died under him?
2. When the first frost arrives, Bessie examines the pine nuts, acorns, and fish they have and decides what?
3. What is Bessie's response to the situation her man has gotten into?
4. Having begun to reevaluate his life, Tom Black Bull returns to the hotel and refuses to comply with orders to do what?
5. How does Tom Black Bull share part of his deer kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some reasons Tom Black decides that he must return to the rodeo?
2. Who is Tom Black reminded of by Mary Redmond attempting to pressure her way into his convalescence?
3. How is the bear cub freed, and how is Tom Black Bull returned to the agency school?
4. How do Red Dillon and Tom Black Bull exercise their con at the Bernalillo rodeo?
5. Following a number of days tracking the bear, what does Tom Black locate on Bald Mountain's first bench?
6. What are the 'old ways' Bessie Black Bull teaches Tom as they escape Pagosa and flee into Horse Mountain to link up with her husband, George?
7. What happens when Tom Black Bull encounters his bear cub the next spring at the reservation school boundaries?
8. What methods does Red Dillon use to teach Tom Black Bull to ride?
9. What transpires during Tom Black's night ride at Madison Square Garden?
10. Why do Mary Redmond and Tom Black run opposed to each other?
This section contains 1,368 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)