|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Tom Black Bull admires for sale in a store window when he arrives in Bayfield with Albert Left Hand?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A horse blanket.
(c) A jacket with brass buttons.
(d) A saddle.
2. What does Blue Elk arrange with the agent regarding Tom Black Bull and the bear cub?
(a) To kill the cub with his bow and an arrow, and tell Tom he released it.
(b) To accompany them to the mountain, release the cub, and bring Tom back.
(c) To kill the cub and release Tom on the mountain.
(d) To accompany both to his lodge and release them there.
3. Tom Black Bull tells the Mexican ex-bronco rider that he feels powerless at this point in his life, except for when?
(a) When making money.
(b) When riding horses.
(c) When alone in the mountains.
(d) When alone in the sagebrush.
4. How is Tom Black Bull punished when he fights other boys?
(a) He is flogged.
(b) He is made to stay out in the cold.
(c) He is forced to stand in a corner.
(d) He is forced to make more baskets.
5. Upon returning to the school, to what task is Tom Black Bull assigned at the Cobbler's Shop?
(a) Making shoes and belts.
(b) Making leashes and harnesses.
(c) Making belts and suspenders.
(d) Making quirts and bridles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bessie Black Bull relieved about upon her return to the mountains following her second trip to Jim Thatcher's store?
2. In regards to Blue Elk being willing to sell his own grandmother, what is his reply?
3. Blue Elk talks Tom Black Bull into doing what with the bear cub?
4. When his plowing fails, Tom Black Bull is next set to task as what?
5. What method does the Mexican ex-bronco rider use to quiet Tom Black Bull's life for a few hours?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 28, what is it that the reader learns has changed for Red Dillon and Tom Black Bull upon going back to Colorado?
2. What is printed about Tom Black in the newspaper when he rides in Madison Square Garden?
3. Why is Tom Black unable to shoot the bear after waiting all night?
4. What happens when Jim Woodward offers Tom Black a winter job a second time?
5. How does Meo, the Mexican ex-bronco twister, take Tom Black Bull under his belt at Red Dillon's spread?
6. What transpires during Tom Black's night ride at Madison Square Garden?
7. What does Blue Elk do in his attempt to trick Tom Black Bull to return with him to the school?
8. How will Tom Black work for Jim Woodward in the summer?
9. What happens when Tom Black Bull is locked in his room at the school and he begins to chant?
10. What does Tom Black do when the bear rushes from the brush and kills the lamb?
This section contains 1,315 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)