|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mary Redmond not like cats?
(a) Cats are too independent.
(b) Cats claw furniture.
(c) Cats scratch too quickly.
(d) Cats are finicky eaters.
2. During his night ride at the Madison Square Garden rodeo, what parts of Tom Black's body go numb with pain?
(a) Left knee and ankle.
(b) Left arm and elbow.
(c) Right knee and ankle.
(d) Right arm and elbow.
3. Where does Tom Black still have to face his fear in person?
(a) The mountain.
(b) The corral.
(c) The desert.
(d) The arena.
4. What does Mary Redmond tell Tom Black she once cried all night over?
(a) Losing a canary she wanted.
(b) Losing a rabbit she wanted.
(c) Losing a dog she wanted.
(d) Losing a goldfish she wanted.
5. Where does Tom Black leave his clothes bag while he walks up the street?
(a) With the waitress.
(b) With the postal clerk.
(c) With the bus station clerk.
(d) With the train station clerk.
6. A bear rushes into the meadow from the brush and kills what, as Tom Black muses over his rodeo plans one day?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A horse.
(c) A herding dog.
(d) A lamb.
7. What does Tom Black Bull's instructor die from?
(a) Being thrown from a horse.
(b) A gunshot wound.
(c) A brain aneurysm.
(d) A bad heart, liver, and kidneys.
8. Symbolically, Tom Black's going back to the mountain represents that he has to do what?
(a) Release his two spirits.
(b) Identify his two spirits.
(c) Expose his two spirits.
(d) Reunite his two spirits.
9. One afternoon Tom Black picks grasses, weaves a tiny basket, then leaves it in a tree as a nest for what?
(a) A prairie dog.
(b) A prairie chicken.
(c) A chipmunk.
(d) A field mouse.
10. What form of exercise does Tom Black use to strengthen his legs?
(a) Mountain hiking.
(b) Jumping rope.
11. When he makes his way around the mountain the first time in his search for the bear, the odds are in favor of it being what type?
(a) Large black, not the grizzly cub he knew as a child.
(b) Large mountain bear, not the grizzly cub he knew as a child.
(c) Large cinnamon, not the grizzly cub he knew as a child.
(d) The grizzly cub he knew as a child, not a large cinnamon.
12. If you include the one killed in Aztec, which is not in the records, Tom Black determines he has killed how many horses before his ride in Madison Square Garden?
13. How does Tom Black Bull feel about his first ride in the big time?
(a) Annoyed, it was less than average.
(b) Satisfied, it was better than average.
(c) Pleased, it far exceeded average.
(d) Displeased, it was only average.
14. Tom Black faces a crossroads following his Madison Square Garden rodeo ride; one that starts where?
(a) After another minor injury.
(b) A successful ride.
(c) At the brink of his death.
(d) Following a twisted ankle.
15. By the last chapter, Tom Black's name has changed to what?
(a) Tom Grizzly Bear.
(b) Chief Black Bull.
(c) Tom Black Bull.
(d) Chief Bear's Brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the beans being choked by the weeds represent?
2. Living on the mountain is healing his soul and Tom Black is slowly recalling his former self when he lived how?
3. In Tom Black's first dream the bear represents his 'old ways' spirit, while the bronco represents what?
4. How does Tom Black describe broncos to Mary Redmond?
5. What does Tom Black tell his new employer about his past?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)