|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animals does Tom Black leave the remainder of his uneaten, initial breakfast pancakes for?
(a) Grouse, squirrels.
(b) Prairie dogs, chipmunks.
(c) Chipmunks, birds.
(d) Prairie chickens, prairie dogs.
2. What prescription does Tom Black's doctor offer, which allows for little else on his new job?
(a) Eat, sleep, walk.
(b) Eat, think, sleep.
(c) Eat, sleep, ride quiet horses.
(d) Eat, sleep, relax.
3. What does Tom Black do in response to an animal near him in the meadow being killed by a wild animal?
(a) Shoots the wild animal that killed the lamb.
(b) Pulls his leg chasing the wild animal.
(c) Helps the dogs round the sheep in chaos.
(d) Chases the wild animal up the mountainside.
4. When Tom Black initiates his physical therapy with Mary Redmond, he is getting around how?
(a) In a wheelchair.
(b) Held up by two aides.
(c) Using a cane.
(d) With crutches.
5. What form of signaling does Albert Left Hand exercise with his dogs that Tom Black attempts again?
(a) Hand signaling.
(b) Smoke signaling with his pipe.
(d) Ute terminology.
6. Symbolically, Tom Black's going back to the mountain represents that he has to do what?
(a) Reunite his two spirits.
(b) Release his two spirits.
(c) Identify his two spirits.
(d) Expose his two spirits.
7. When Tom Black rides in Madison Square Garden, the newspaper relates that he has killed how many horses?
8. How does Tom Black describe broncos to Mary Redmond?
(a) As mountain bears.
(b) As mean outlaws.
(c) As troubled spirits.
(d) As merely untamed.
9. Until he heals more, Tom Black accepts a job doing what that will not be too hard on him?
(a) Cattle herding.
(b) Leather cobbling.
(c) Store clerking, shelf stocking.
10. Where does Tom Black still have to face his fear in person?
(a) The desert.
(b) The arena.
(c) The mountain.
(d) The corral.
11. Mary Redmond tells Tom Black that she has located a rest home in the country run by whom?
(a) A retired couple she knows.
(b) A young couple she knows.
(c) A man she knows.
(d) A woman she knows.
12. Tom Black had gotten rid of all memory smells but the bear, and he plans to track it down and do what if it is a grizzly?
(a) Share his spirits with it.
(b) Trap it.
(c) Kill it.
(d) Chant to it.
13. Living on the mountain is healing his soul and Tom Black is slowly recalling his former self when he lived how?
(a) The 'mountain way'.
(b) The 'old way'.
(c) The 'Ute way'.
(d) The 'natural way'.
14. Tom sets out to kill a boyhood, ends up killing the man he has been for so long, and finds what?
(b) Those in Pagosa.
(c) His parents.
(d) His childhood friends.
15. Tom Black tracks the bear up the mountain, circles back around to where he started, and discovers what?
(a) Only an old sign where it once slept.
(b) Where it cached a carcass.
(c) Not another fresh sign.
(d) Not another sign.
Short Answer Questions
1. Talking with his employer about the bear he saw makes Tom Black do what?
2. Riding with the pain of his injuries, what does Tom turn to?
3. In a local café in Pagosa, four men are staring at Tom Black in his fancy clothes and he feels what?
4. Tom Black is unable to pursue his plans until he first does what?
5. When does Tom Black's employer link up with him to collect the herd?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)