Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a local café in Pagosa, four men are staring at Tom Black in his fancy clothes and he feels what?
(b) Proud of his status.
2. What animals does Tom Black leave the remainder of his uneaten, initial breakfast pancakes for?
(a) Grouse, squirrels.
(b) Prairie dogs, chipmunks.
(c) Chipmunks, birds.
(d) Prairie chickens, prairie dogs.
3. Until he heals more, Tom Black accepts a job doing what that will not be too hard on him?
(a) Cattle herding.
(c) Leather cobbling.
(d) Store clerking, shelf stocking.
4. How does Tom Black Bull care for his instructor's body?
(a) Offers to pay for the burial.
(b) Buries it at the San Juan ranch.
(c) Leaves it for the city pauper's cemetery.
(d) Collects saloon donations to pay for the funeral.
5. What switch is taking place in Tom Black's life as he dreams of his mother's death?
(a) Tom is concentrating increasingly about his future.
(b) Tom is becoming sad about his need to ride rodeo again.
(c) Tom is slipping back more into his past.
(d) Tom is worrying about his dying on the rodeo circuit.
6. Looking back, what does Tom know the bear would have done had he fired his rifle and missed the bear's heart?
(a) Stared at him.
(b) Awaited to be killed.
(c) Killed him.
(d) Run away.
7. Tom Black faces various crossroads in his life, each time taking the path leading to what?
(a) His desire for injury, pain.
(b) A legend that Utes are natural bronco riders.
(c) His self-indulging ego, power.
(d) His skillful riding talent displayed.
8. What is the rodeo a wild ride of, literally and figuratively?
(a) Ups and downs.
(b) Tosses and turns.
(c) Bumps and bruises.
(d) Slips and falls.
9. Tom's mother told her son that time lays scars on a man, becoming part of his being, just like what?
(a) Stripes on a chipmunk.
(b) White head of a bald eagle
(c) Markings on a diamondback rattlesnake.
(d) Stripes on a skunk.
10. What happens during Tom Black's ride in the night rodeo at Madison Square Garden?
(a) The roan bucks him off.
(b) The roan falls on him.
(c) The roan smashes into the gate.
(d) He rides the roan the full time limit.
11. Tom Black pushes himself beyond what is approved for his rehabilitation, causing Mary Redmond to be what?
12. Tom Black is unable to pursue his plans until he first does what?
(a) Faces the bear.
(b) Attempts to find the bear.
(c) Traps the bear.
(d) Kills the bear.
13. What does Mary Redmond tell Tom Black she once cried all night over?
(a) Losing a goldfish she wanted.
(b) Losing a rabbit she wanted.
(c) Losing a dog she wanted.
(d) Losing a canary she wanted.
14. Tom Black Bull spends much time thinking as he recovers, then decides to what?
(a) Burn down the ranch cabin and barn.
(b) Buy the ranch and teach Utes to ride broncos.
(c) Buy the ranch and give up rodeo riding.
(d) Quit rodeo riding and return to the mountain.
15. Starved, what does Tom Bull begin cooking for his next meal following breakfast on his initial day at work?
(a) Venison roast.
(c) Beef steak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon returning to the ranch to recover a second time, Tom Black Bull learns what about the Mexican ex-bronco rider?
2. What prescription does Tom Black's doctor offer, which allows for little else on his new job?
3. What is Tom Black's initial reaction to Mary Redmond's suggestions regarding a rest home?
4. By the last chapter, Tom Black's name has changed to what?
5. What is Tom Black's painful trek back up the mountain, naked and completely vulnerable to nature, an act of?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)