|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bessie's response to the situation her man has gotten into?
(a) She questions George - what has he done to be chased by the white man.
(b) She collects her son and departs - George acted foolishly, in anger.
(c) She chastises her husband - he has gotten his family into deep trouble.
(d) She understands an unspoken truth - George acted justly, according to his conscience.
2. What is Tom Black trying to kill through his own violence and the killing, bronco riding legend he has become?
(a) The white man's lifestyle he has adopted.
(b) Attitudes of the crowds coming only to watch violence.
(c) Indian legends that made up his earlier life.
(d) The brutality and vengeance that has grown up in him.
3. One afternoon Tom Black picks grasses, weaves a tiny basket, then leaves it in a tree as a nest for what?
(a) A chipmunk.
(b) A prairie dog.
(c) A field mouse.
(d) A prairie chicken.
4. Tom Black Bull is given a single room at whose suggestion?
(a) Dolly Beaverfoot.
(b) Rowena Ellis.
(c) Benny Grayback.
(d) Charley Huckleberry.
5. Tom Black obtains the rodeo schedule, intends to make a comeback, and plans to use his summer pay to buy what?
(a) A saddle.
(b) A car.
(c) A trailer.
(d) Hotel rooms and food.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Tom Black's contact with Mary Redmond, he recalls the others who tried to make him do things their way. Who are they?
2. What is Tom Black's reaction when children in the park recognize him and point him out as a killer?
3. Blue Elk talks Tom Black Bull into doing what with the bear cub?
4. Talking with his employer about the bear he saw makes Tom Black do what?
5. Who is it that tracks the few Utes who have left the reservation to their camp?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)