|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom Black Bull tells the Mexican ex-bronco rider that he feels powerless at this point in his life, except for when?
(a) When alone in the mountains.
(b) When riding horses.
(c) When making money.
(d) When alone in the sagebrush.
2. The spring after they are run out of Felice, where do Tom Black Bull and his teacher work?
(a) Northern Texas and the Oklahoma panhandle.
(b) Southern Colorado.
(c) Southwestern Kansas and the Oklahoma panhandle.
(d) Eastern New Mexico and the Oklahoma panhandle.
3. What is the name of the Mexican ex-bronco rider who now cooks at Tom Black Bull's new residence?
4. The Mexican ex-bronco rider knows that by Tom Black Bull giving in to his violence, he will become what?
(a) Nothing like what he wants.
(b) More like what he wants.
(c) More like what he hates.
(d) Less comfortable on horses.
5. Tom Black pushes himself beyond what is approved for his rehabilitation, causing Mary Redmond to be what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What form of signaling does Albert Left Hand exercise with his dogs that Tom Black attempts again?
2. Tom Black Bull emerges a new man after purchasing new clothing and going to the barber, and draws the attention of whom?
3. What is Tom Black's initial reaction to Mary Redmond's suggestions regarding a rest home?
4. Blue Elk tracks Bear's Brother to his mountain lodge, and upon looking around is reminded of whom?
5. The author, Hal Borland, symbolically compares Tom Black's multiple injuries and hospitalizations with what?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)