|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 38 | Part 3, Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is it that tracks the few Utes who have left the reservation to their camp?
(a) Blue Elk.
(b) Albert Left Hand.
(c) Frank No Deer.
(d) Luther Spotted Dog.
2. What is the white man's idea of how the Utes should live?
(a) Hunting and fishing.
(b) Farming corn.
(c) Raising chickens and turkeys.
(d) Raising hogs.
3. How many baskets does Bessie Black Bull trade for an ax, ammunition, a hunting knife, and candy at Jim Thatcher's store?
4. What do George and Bessie Black Bull opt for when the white man's method of support fails?
(a) Smoking sheep and fish they do not eat.
(b) Smoking cattle and fish they do not eat.
(c) Smoking coyotes and fish they do not eat.
(d) Smoking venison and fish they do not eat.
5. The wild bronco is a symbol of Tom Black Bull's what?
(a) Spirit before being twisted by the white man.
(b) Spirit after being twisted by the white man.
(c) Love of nature before being twisted by the white man.
(d) Love of the outdoors before being twisted by the white man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method does the Mexican ex-bronco rider use to quiet Tom Black Bull's life for a few hours?
2. What differs between horses that Tom Black Bull rode on the sagebrush range and those that he rides on the new spread?
3. Tom Black wants to start over again; however, according to the code of the rodeo, where does he have to start?
4. Tom Black Bull tells the Mexican ex-bronco rider that he feels powerless at this point in his life, except for when?
5. What does Tom Black Bull do to relieve his anger when Red Dillon enters him into rodeo bronco riding competitions to cheat?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)