|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 24 | Part 3, Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The other students tease Tom Black Bull about his basket weaving skill and call him what?
(a) Basket Woman.
(b) Bear's Sister.
(d) Baby Bear.
2. Who does Tom Black Bull join with to become a bronco rider?
(a) Marty Redmond.
(b) Bill Edwards.
(c) Ed Porter.
(d) Red Dillon.
3. What is Bessie's response to the situation her man has gotten into?
(a) She understands an unspoken truth - George acted justly, according to his conscience.
(b) She questions George - what has he done to be chased by the white man.
(c) She collects her son and departs - George acted foolishly, in anger.
(d) She chastises her husband - he has gotten his family into deep trouble.
4. What does Tom Black Bull do when Benny Grayback locks him in a room?
(a) He escapes using his ax, but is found.
(b) He climbs out a window, but is caught.
(c) He picks the lock open, but is stopped.
(d) He chants.
5. Where do Bessie Black Bull and her son wait for two days to ensure that no one follows them en route to their rendezvous with her husband?
(a) The foot of Grizzly Mountain.
(b) The foot of Bald Mountain.
(c) The foot of Granite Peak.
(d) The foot of Horse Mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bear cub that Tom Black Bull takes care of represent?
2. In what way is the gold prospector injured?
3. Tom Black Bull tells Benny Grayback that he will agree to acclimate under what condition?
4. How many baskets does Bessie Black Bull trade for an ax, ammunition, a hunting knife, and candy at Jim Thatcher's store?
5. How does Tom Black Bull share part of his deer kill?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)