|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 20 | Part 2, Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who recognizes that Tom Black Bull and his pet bear are no threat when they arrive in town one July, and manages to calm the townsfolk?
(a) Blue Elk.
(b) The preacher.
(c) Jim Thatcher.
(d) Benny Grayback.
2. When his plowing fails, Tom Black Bull is next set to task as what?
(a) A herd boy with the cows.
(b) A herd boy with the goats.
(c) A coop boy with the chickens.
(d) A shepherd boy with the sheep.
3. When Tom Black Bull lets some animals get ill eating green corn, he is put back in the barn for how long before he goes to the horses?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
4. The circle the stars make is juxtaposed to the squareness of what?
(a) The white man's fields.
(b) The white man's houses and streets.
(c) The white man's cross.
(d) The white man's books.
5. What is it that Tom Black Bull admires for sale in a store window when he arrives in Bayfield with Albert Left Hand?
(a) A saddle.
(b) A jacket with brass buttons.
(c) A horse blanket.
(d) A rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has George Black Bull killed?
2. What does Jim Thatcher tell Bessie Black Bull regarding Blue Elk following her encounter with the Indian women who initially tease her?
3. When Bessie Black Bull goes back to town a third time, what does she trade with Indian women in exchange for information about Blue Elk?
4. What does the introductory poem summarize?
5. What does Frank No Deer buy with the $15 he steals?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)