|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 20 | Part 2, Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jim Thatcher tells Bessie Black Bull that Frank No Deer's death was self-defense, what does she do?
(a) She and Tom part ways, as she believes they will look for him.
(b) She tells him it is too late, that George is dead.
(c) She does not believe him, so she and Tom quickly leave town.
(d) She returns to the Southern Ute reservation.
2. Who does Tom Black Bull share a room with in the dormitory?
(a) Frank No Deer.
(b) Luther Spotted Dog.
(c) Albert Left Hand.
3. When his plowing fails, Tom Black Bull is next set to task as what?
(a) A herd boy with the goats.
(b) A herd boy with the cows.
(c) A coop boy with the chickens.
(d) A shepherd boy with the sheep.
4. Who is it that tracks the few Utes who have left the reservation to their camp?
(a) Luther Spotted Dog.
(b) Albert Left Hand.
(c) Blue Elk.
(d) Frank No Deer.
5. In what way is the gold prospector injured?
(a) Bleeding profusely from his leg.
(b) Bleeding profusely from his arm.
(c) A fractured leg bone.
(d) A twisted ankle.
Short Answer Questions
1. When late March arrives, Tom Black Bull knows the time has come for what?
2. What is George Bull's demeanor when he arrives at the house following the fight?
3. Whom does Tom Black Bull assist with the sheep?
4. Upon Bessie Black Bull's second trip to trade baskets at Jim Thatcher's store, what does she get?
5. Why does Tom Black Bull believe it is foolish to be a farmer?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)