|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do George and Bessie Black Bull opt for when the white man's method of support fails?
(a) Smoking venison and fish they do not eat.
(b) Smoking sheep and fish they do not eat.
(c) Smoking cattle and fish they do not eat.
(d) Smoking coyotes and fish they do not eat.
2. How many baskets does Bessie Black Bull trade for an ax, ammunition, a hunting knife, and candy at Jim Thatcher's store?
3. Tom Black Bull emerges a new man after purchasing new clothing and going to the barber, and draws the attention of whom?
(a) A new instructor.
(b) A waitress.
(c) A cafe cook.
(d) A store clerk.
4. Now that he is about to leave the hospital, Tom Black knows at this phase that he will be alone, raw, and without the shield of what that he has had for so long?
(a) The morbid rodeo crowd.
(b) Harmony of nature, roundness of life.
(c) His anger and violence.
(d) Nurses and doctors.
5. Who is it that tracks the few Utes who have left the reservation to their camp?
(a) Frank No Deer.
(b) Blue Elk.
(c) Luther Spotted Dog.
(d) Albert Left Hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. The last time Tom Black Bull returns to the hotel to find his instructor asleep and drunk again, he does what?
2. West of Corpus Christi, Tom Black Bull assesses his life and his riding skills. How many horses have died under him?
3. Blue Elk sees Bessie Black Bull leaving the store on her second trip and steals what from her?
4. Upon Bessie Black Bull's second trip to trade baskets at Jim Thatcher's store, what does she get?
5. What do Bessie and Tom Black Bull gather willow shoots and other plants for?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)