|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is it that tracks the few Utes who have left the reservation to their camp?
(a) Luther Spotted Dog.
(b) Blue Elk.
(c) Frank No Deer.
(d) Albert Left Hand.
2. Tom Black faces a crossroads following his Madison Square Garden rodeo ride; one that starts where?
(a) Following a twisted ankle.
(b) A successful ride.
(c) At the brink of his death.
(d) After another minor injury.
3. Tom Black Bull is taken to his new dormitory room to get what?
(a) White man's food.
(b) Pencils and paper.
(c) White man's clothes.
(d) A Holy Bible.
4. When the time comes where Tom Black is looking for rehabilitation homes, what is Mary Redmond trying to do?
(a) Move to Florida to find a home near the beach.
(b) Escape being slowly trapped as part of his life.
(c) Remain a continuing part of his rehabilitation.
(d) Slowly remove herself from part of his rehabilitation.
5. What is Bessie Black Bull relieved about upon her return to the mountains following her second trip to Jim Thatcher's store?
(a) She and her son can return to the Southern Ute reservation.
(b) The problem concerning Frank No Deer is resolved.
(c) Bear's Brother will be going to the white man's school.
(d) Her son will be going to the white man's school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom Black's initial reaction to Mary Redmond's suggestions regarding a rest home?
2. What happens during Tom Black's ride in the night rodeo at Madison Square Garden?
3. Tom Black Bull and his teacher are run out of Felice with the latter shirtless, so he leaves what on a clothesline they pass?
4. Upon returning to the school, to what task is Tom Black Bull assigned at the Cobbler's Shop?
5. Upon returning to his mountain, what does Tom Black Bull learn?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)