|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16 | Part 2, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tom Black Bull escapes from the school, what happens?
(a) He encounters the jays and chipmunks that remain his friends.
(b) He takes up residence in his lodge as though he never left.
(c) He returns to his mountain and finds his lodge burned down.
(d) He goes to his mountain and the song remains in his soul.
2. Who is it that tracks the few Utes who have left the reservation to their camp?
(a) Albert Left Hand.
(b) Frank No Deer.
(c) Blue Elk.
(d) Luther Spotted Dog.
3. How does Blue Elk trick Tom Black Bull into agreeing to go to the agency school?
(a) Believing he needs to learn the white man's ways.
(b) Believing the townsfolk will hunt his cub bear unless he does.
(c) Believing the 'old ways' are dead.
(d) Believing he needs to teach his people.
4. The other students tease Tom Black Bull about his basket weaving skill and call him what?
(b) Baby Bear.
(c) Basket Woman.
(d) Bear's Sister.
5. How long following his punishment does Tom Black Bull escape the school?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to warmth, why does Bessie Black Bull give her son a red blanket?
2. After two years, George and Bessie Black Bull are in debt for how much to the white man?
3. What do Bessie and Tom Black Bull gather willow shoots and other plants for?
4. How is Tom Black Bull punished when he fights other boys?
5. Upon returning to his mountain, what does Tom Black Bull learn?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)