|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16 | Part 2, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bessie Black Bull relieved about upon her return to the mountains following her second trip to Jim Thatcher's store?
(a) Bear's Brother will be going to the white man's school.
(b) She and her son can return to the Southern Ute reservation.
(c) The problem concerning Frank No Deer is resolved.
(d) Her son will be going to the white man's school.
2. After two years, George and Bessie Black Bull are in debt for how much to the white man?
3. How does Blue Elk trick Tom Black Bull into agreeing to go to the agency school?
(a) Believing he needs to teach his people.
(b) Believing the townsfolk will hunt his cub bear unless he does.
(c) Believing he needs to learn the white man's ways.
(d) Believing the 'old ways' are dead.
4. When Bessie Black Bull goes back to town a third time, what does she trade with Indian women in exchange for information about Blue Elk?
5. Upon Bessie Black Bull's second trip to trade baskets at Jim Thatcher's store, what does she get?
(a) Wool material and a coat with a zipper.
(b) Wool cloth and a coat with carved antler buttons.
(c) Calico cloth and a coat with wooden buttons.
(d) Calico material and a coat with brass buttons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is George Black Bull killed?
2. How is Tom Black Bull punished when he fights other boys?
3. Who is it that tracks the few Utes who have left the reservation to their camp?
4. Blue Elk tracks Bear's Brother to his mountain lodge, and upon looking around is reminded of whom?
5. The other students tease Tom Black Bull about his basket weaving skill and call him what?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)