|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Toby hang up on in Chapter 16?
2. What does Toby realize in Chapter 19 that he needs to tell Cal?
3. What outing do Toby and his father go on in Chapter 19?
4. How does Toby convince Ferris to preside over the baptism?
5. Why does Scarlett visit Toby in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What stereotype does Toby realize he has held regarding Juan and what does he realize is the truth?
2. Why is Toby working in the bowling alley the day after the funeral?
3. How do Cal and Toby talk Kate into helping them take Zachary to the movies?
4. For what two reasons does Toby take the piece of jewelry from his mother's room?
5. Describe the Ladybug Waltz.
6. What steps does the minister tell Toby that must be taken to get baptized?
7. Toby realizes why Zachary has never been baptized like he promised his mother he would be. What is the reason?
8. Why is Zachary unhappy when he first learns of the baptism plans?
9. Why does Ferris feel especially bad after Wayne's death?
10. What good news does Zachary receive after his baptism?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of the Grand Ole Opry and the Vietnam War to the theme of When Zachary Beaver Came to Town.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast best friends Toby and Cal in When Zachary Beaver Comes to Town.
Essay Topic 3
What methods and writing techniques does the author use to get readers to empathize with Toby?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)