|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Scarlett visit Toby in Chapter 17?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 13, how much time has passed since Paulie left?
3. During their father-son outing, what does Toby's father encourage him to do later that evening?
4. Who gave custody of Zachary to Paulie?
5. What does Toby do when he gets home from Zachary's baptism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What words of wisdom does Wayne write to Cal in his last letter?
2. Why does Ferris feel especially bad after Wayne's death?
3. Why is Toby working in the bowling alley the day after the funeral?
4. What is the rush in getting Zachary baptized?
5. What was Juan's real reason for canceling his important date with Scarlett and why didn't he just tell her the truth?
6. What good news does Zachary receive after his baptism?
7. For what two reasons does Toby take the piece of jewelry from his mother's room?
8. Why is Zachary unhappy when he first learns of the baptism plans?
9. Describe the Ladybug Waltz.
10. How do Cal and Toby talk Kate into helping them take Zachary to the movies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A protagonist has heroic qualities and an antagonist has villainous qualities. Discuss the protagonist in When Zachary Beaver Came to Town. Discuss the antagonist. What is ironic about the story's antagonist?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the character, Toby, and his growth throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of When Zachary Beaver Came to Town. Is there another genre the novel might also be classified as? Support your answers.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)