Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Scarlett visit Toby in Chapter 17?
2. What outing do Toby and his father go on in Chapter 19?
3. Whose idea is it at the end of Chapter 13 to get Zachary baptized?
4. What does Zachary say that shows Toby he is lying about all his travels?
5. What heirloom does Toby give Scarlett?
Essay Topic 1
What is tone? What was Toby's tone at the beginning and end of the novel? What does the change in tone throughout the novel suggest?
Essay Topic 2
What methods and writing techniques does the author use to get readers to empathize with Toby?
Essay Topic 3
A protagonist has heroic qualities and an antagonist has villainous qualities. Discuss the protagonist in When Zachary Beaver Came to Town. Discuss the antagonist. What is ironic about the story's antagonist?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)