|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the photo of that Toby discusses with Miss Myrtie Mae?
2. Who throws an apple at Toby?
3. What night will Zachary be baptized?
4. How does Toby convince Ferris to preside over the baptism?
5. What does Mrs. McKnight say about Toby's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the rush in getting Zachary baptized?
2. Why is Toby working in the bowling alley the day after the funeral?
3. What was Juan's real reason for canceling his important date with Scarlett and why didn't he just tell her the truth?
4. What steps does the minister tell Toby that must be taken to get baptized?
5. Toby realizes why Zachary has never been baptized like he promised his mother he would be. What is the reason?
6. Describe the Ladybug Waltz.
7. How do Cal and Toby talk Kate into helping them take Zachary to the movies?
8. How does Kate become involved with Zachary after driving the boys to the movie?
9. What does Toby's dad tell him during their fishing trip about his own father?
10. Why is Zachary unhappy when he first learns of the baptism plans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between conflict and crisis in a novel? How are they similar? Also relate the differences and similarities specifically to When Zachary Beaver Came to Town.
Essay Topic 2
A protagonist has heroic qualities and an antagonist has villainous qualities. Discuss the protagonist in When Zachary Beaver Came to Town. Discuss the antagonist. What is ironic about the story's antagonist?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast best friends Toby and Cal in When Zachary Beaver Comes to Town.
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)