|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws an apple at Toby?
2. Who arrives just as the friends are beginning the baptism?
3. Who does Toby hang up on in Chapter 16?
4. Why did Toby go with Cal and Kate to the train depot?
5. Who dies in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the rush in getting Zachary baptized?
2. What stereotype does Toby realize he has held regarding Juan and what does he realize is the truth?
3. Why does Toby's dad say he left Dallas?
4. For what two reasons does Toby take the piece of jewelry from his mother's room?
5. Describe the Ladybug Waltz.
6. How and when is the McKnight family notified of their son's death?
7. Why is Toby so mad at his father when they deliver bait on Saturday?
8. How do Cal and Toby talk Kate into helping them take Zachary to the movies?
9. How does Kate become involved with Zachary after driving the boys to the movie?
10. Why won't Toby talk to Cal after his brother dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast best friends Toby and Cal in When Zachary Beaver Comes to Town.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's writing experience and her successes of this book and others.
Essay Topic 3
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony is it? What is expected and what actually occurs with your examples?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)