|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Scarlett visit Toby in Chapter 17?
2. What outing do Toby and his father go on in Chapter 19?
3. Whose idea is it at the end of Chapter 13 to get Zachary baptized?
4. What does Zachary say that shows Toby he is lying about all his travels?
5. What heirloom does Toby give Scarlett?
Essay Topic 1
A protagonist has heroic qualities and an antagonist has villainous qualities. Discuss the protagonist in When Zachary Beaver Came to Town. Discuss the antagonist. What is ironic about the story's antagonist?
Essay Topic 2
Write a character description of Toby and Cal. Which is a major character? Which is a minor character? Support your answer with specific evidence form the story and be sure to include definitions of major and minor characters.
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between conflict and crisis in a novel? How are they similar? Also relate the differences and similarities specifically to When Zachary Beaver Came to Town.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)