Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Scarlett visit Toby in Chapter 17?
2. What outing do Toby and his father go on in Chapter 19?
3. Whose idea is it at the end of Chapter 13 to get Zachary baptized?
4. What does Zachary say that shows Toby he is lying about all his travels?
5. What heirloom does Toby give Scarlett?
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony is it? What is expected and what actually occurs with your examples?
What does Zachary symbolize to the people of Antler when he arrives in town? What does he grow to symbolize to Toby and to Cal?
There are four points of view in which literature is written: first person, third person objective, third person limited, and omniscient. Which point of view does the author use in this book? Is this the most effective point of view for this story? Why or why not?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)