|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the sheriff waiting at Zachary's trailer?
2. Why doesn't Toby visit Cal in Chapter 16?
3. Why is Toby's father not speaking to him at the beginning of Chapter 17?
4. What does Toby do when he gets home from Zachary's baptism?
5. How is Zachary transported to his baptism?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Toby's dad say he left Dallas?
2. Why won't Toby talk to Cal after his brother dies?
3. How does Kate become involved with Zachary after driving the boys to the movie?
4. What are the two reasons the boys decide to have Zachary baptized at the lake?
5. For what two reasons does Toby take the piece of jewelry from his mother's room?
6. Why is Toby working in the bowling alley the day after the funeral?
7. What are two good results from Cal riding his bike into the lake?
8. What is the rush in getting Zachary baptized?
9. What does Toby's dad tell him during their fishing trip about his own father?
10. How do Cal and Toby talk Kate into helping them take Zachary to the movies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a character description of Toby and Cal. Which is a major character? Which is a minor character? Support your answer with specific evidence form the story and be sure to include definitions of major and minor characters.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of Kate to the story? How might the novel had differed if she had not been introduced as a minor character?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast best friends Toby and Cal in When Zachary Beaver Comes to Town.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)