|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toby realize in Chapter 19 that he needs to tell Cal?
2. Why doesn't Toby visit Cal in Chapter 16?
3. Who does Toby flatter by saying he is the strongest person Toby knows?
4. What is the release of the ladybugs called?
5. Where are Toby and his dad going in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what two reasons does Toby take the piece of jewelry from his mother's room?
2. What steps does the minister tell Toby that must be taken to get baptized?
3. What are two good results from Cal riding his bike into the lake?
4. How do Cal and Toby talk Kate into helping them take Zachary to the movies?
5. Describe the Ladybug Waltz.
6. What stereotype does Toby realize he has held regarding Juan and what does he realize is the truth?
7. What does Toby's dad tell him during their fishing trip about his own father?
8. How do Cal, Toby and Kate protect Zachary from jeers at the movie?
9. What good news does Zachary receive after his baptism?
10. What was Juan's real reason for canceling his important date with Scarlett and why didn't he just tell her the truth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the character, Toby, and his growth throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between conflict and crisis in a novel? How are they similar? Also relate the differences and similarities specifically to When Zachary Beaver Came to Town.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's writing experience and her successes of this book and others.
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)