|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea is it at the end of Chapter 13 to get Zachary baptized?
2. Who is the photo of that Toby discusses with Miss Myrtie Mae?
3. What night will Zachary be baptized?
4. What heirloom does Toby give Scarlett?
5. Who does Toby first ask about how to get baptized?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What methods and writing techniques does the author use to get readers to empathize with Toby?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between conflict and crisis in a novel? How are they similar? Also relate the differences and similarities specifically to When Zachary Beaver Came to Town.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the point of view from which the novel is written. Does this point of view make the story more or less believable? Select a different point of view and explain how this novel would have changed if written from it.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)