|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was made of the foil taken from the cake?
2. Who are Toby and Cal spying on at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. Whose sister does Toby take to see the sideshow?
4. What skill was Juan teaching Scarlett that Toby does not have?
5. Who gets asked to dance in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Toby and Cal sit on top of the bowling alley at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. In the letter from Wayne that Cal reads to Toby on top of the bowling alley, what does Wayne write about?
3. Why do the boys continue to leave food items on Zachary's steps?
4. What is humorous about Toby and Cal yelling names at the town bully in Chapter 4?
5. How does Scarlett thank Toby for dancing with her at the lake?
6. Why does Toby quickly march Tara out of the sideshow trailer on their first visit there?
7. Why does Miss Myrtie Mae appear when the crowd starts to form at the trailer when it arrives in Chapter 1?
8. Why is Toby awake extra early at the beginning of Chapter 9?
9. What is ironic about Cal and Toby chasing taunting fourth graders away from Zachary's trailer?
10. What strikes Toby as unusual when Zachary tells him about his travels in Paris? What does it make Toby think?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast best friends Toby and Cal in When Zachary Beaver Comes to Town.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's writing experience and her successes of this book and others.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of When Zachary Beaver Came to Town. Is there another genre the novel might also be classified as? Support your answers.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)