Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Toby and Cal go to see all of Antler?
2. How do Toby and Cal pass time while waiting at their lookout post?
3. What do the children notice on a bookshelf?
4. What one item in the trailer looks like it is not sterile?
5. What kind of flag is in front of Cal's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. In addition to learning that his mom did not win the competition, what else does Toby learn about his mother in Chapter 8?
2. What are Antler's major downtown businesses?
3. What are the two reasons the boys decide to have Zachary baptized at the lake?
4. What is exciting about the trailer that pulls into town in Chapter 1? Why is it exciting?
5. What is the first food item the boys leave on the trailer step for Zachary"
6. What stereotype does Toby realize he has held regarding Juan and what does he realize is the truth?
7. Why does Ferris feel especially bad after Wayne's death?
8. Why does Toby take Scarlett's sister to see the sideshow?
9. What is the goal Zachary shares with Cal and Toby when the sheriff takes them to visit?
10. What questions does Cal ask Zachary the first time he meets him?
Discuss stereotypes present in the novel. How does Toby relate to or deal with the stereotypes?
Compare and contrast best friends Toby and Cal in When Zachary Beaver Comes to Town.
There are four points of view in which literature is written: first person, third person objective, third person limited, and omniscient. Which point of view does the author use in this book? Is this the most effective point of view for this story? Why or why not?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)