|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does it cost to view the sideshow?
2. Which book do Toby and Cal use as the authoritative resource in their research?
3. Why do the children stay in line instead of going to eat?
4. What is used by teasers to hit Zachary's trailer?
5. How do Toby and Cal pass time while waiting at their lookout post?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the letter from Wayne that Cal reads to Toby on top of the bowling alley, what does Wayne write about?
2. How does Scarlett thank Toby for dancing with her at the lake?
3. How do Toby and Cal try to determine whether Zachary really is the fattest boy in the world?
4. In addition to learning that his mom did not win the competition, what else does Toby learn about his mother in Chapter 8?
5. What is ironic about Cal and Toby chasing taunting fourth graders away from Zachary's trailer?
6. Why does Toby believe that Cal is good with kids?
7. Why was Scarlett's relationship with Juan so important to her?
8. What is the first food item the boys leave on the trailer step for Zachary"
9. What is humorous about Toby and Cal yelling names at the town bully in Chapter 4?
10. Why is Toby's father still in his pajamas at the beginning of Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the character, Toby, and his growth throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the genre of When Zachary Beaver Came to Town. Is there another genre the novel might also be classified as? Support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast best friends Toby and Cal in When Zachary Beaver Comes to Town.
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)