|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children notice on a bookshelf?
2. What one item in the trailer looks like it is not sterile?
3. What is the sheriff's favorite animal?
4. What famous French landmark does Zachary tell Cal and Toby about in Chapter 11?
5. Where does Cal live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Toby working in the bowling alley the day after the funeral?
2. Why does Miss Myrtie Mae appear when the crowd starts to form at the trailer when it arrives in Chapter 1?
3. Why is Zachary unhappy when he first learns of the baptism plans?
4. What is the town rumor about Miss Myrtie Mae?
5. For what two reasons does Toby take the piece of jewelry from his mother's room?
6. What is the town rumor about Ferris?
7. Why did Cal think he would be hired to cut Miss Myrtie Mae's lawn each week?
8. Why does Scarlett break up with Juan?
9. What is ironic about Cal and Toby chasing taunting fourth graders away from Zachary's trailer?
10. What amazes the boys about Zachary when they see him take the grocery sack from his steps?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast best friends Toby and Cal in When Zachary Beaver Comes to Town.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the character, Toby, and his growth throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
There are four points of view in which literature is written: first person, third person objective, third person limited, and omniscient. Which point of view does the author use in this book? Is this the most effective point of view for this story? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,154 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)