|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which famous golfer is admired throughout this book?
(a) Lee Trevino.
(b) Robert Palmer.
(c) Tiger Woods.
(d) Jack Nicholas.
2. In the last letter Wayne sent, what does he warn the boys?
(a) To go to college and get out of Antler.
(b) To take care of the ladybugs.
(c) That war is not fun and games.
(d) That best friends are hard to come by.
3. Who invites Toby and Cal to breakfast Monday morning after the ladybug release?
(a) The Sheriff.
(c) Miss Myrtie Mae.
4. Why was Zachary's mother's funeral a media circus?
(a) Because of Zachary's size.
(b) Because she was a famous singer.
(c) Because of her size.
(d) Because she was a famous criminal.
5. Why is Toby's father not speaking to him at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) He's mad because Toby skipped the funeral.
(b) He's mad that he hung up on Cal.
(c) He's mad that Toby lied about the Opry fire.
(d) He's busy and left for work early.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Zachary's middle name?
2. What does Toby do when he gets home from Zachary's baptism?
3. Who kicks a crate of ladybugs?
4. Who does Toby hang up on in Chapter 16?
5. During their father-son outing, what does Toby's father encourage him to do later that evening?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Toby working in the bowling alley the day after the funeral?
2. What is the rush in getting Zachary baptized?
3. Why is Zachary unhappy when he first learns of the baptism plans?
4. What good news does Zachary receive after his baptism?
5. What steps does the minister tell Toby that must be taken to get baptized?
6. What are the two reasons the boys decide to have Zachary baptized at the lake?
7. What was Juan's real reason for canceling his important date with Scarlett and why didn't he just tell her the truth?
8. What does Toby's dad tell him during their fishing trip about his own father?
9. Describe the Ladybug Waltz.
10. How do Cal and Toby talk Kate into helping them take Zachary to the movies?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)