|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kicks a crate of ladybugs?
(a) Mr. McKnight.
(d) Mrs. McKnight.
2. What is Toby's religion?
3. Where are Toby and his dad going in Chapter 12?
(a) To a picnic at Cal's farm.
(b) To buy breakfast.
(c) To deliver worms.
(d) To the post office.
4. Who invites Toby and Cal to breakfast Monday morning after the ladybug release?
(b) The Sheriff.
(d) Miss Myrtie Mae.
5. Why does Toby race to Scarlett's house in Chapter 15?
(a) To invite her to church.
(b) To see her one last time for the evening.
(c) To get her help with Zachary.
(d) To get his gift to her back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Toby play ball with in Chapter 20?
2. What does Cal throw at Toby at the end of Chapter 16?
3. Who is called the "nicest person in Antler" in Chapter 18?
4. What does Zachary say that shows Toby he is lying about all his travels?
5. Who does Toby hang up on in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why won't Toby talk to Cal after his brother dies?
2. What does Toby's dad tell him during their fishing trip about his own father?
3. What are two good results from Cal riding his bike into the lake?
4. For what two reasons does Toby take the piece of jewelry from his mother's room?
5. Why is Toby so mad at his father when they deliver bait on Saturday?
6. What are the two reasons the boys decide to have Zachary baptized at the lake?
7. How does Kate become involved with Zachary after driving the boys to the movie?
8. What good news does Zachary receive after his baptism?
9. Toby realizes why Zachary has never been baptized like he promised his mother he would be. What is the reason?
10. What steps does the minister tell Toby that must be taken to get baptized?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)