|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies in Chapter 15?
(a) Toby's mom.
(d) The Judge.
2. What does Cal throw at Toby at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Zachary's Bible.
(b) A book.
(c) An apple.
(d) 46 dollars.
3. What does Toby realize in Chapter 19 that he needs to tell Cal?
(a) That his mother is not coming home.
(b) That he wrote a letter to Wayne on his behalf.
(c) That he owed him $47.
(d) That he was afraid he'd say the wrong thing at the funeral.
4. Which character is not at the ladybug event?
(b) Miss Myrtie Mae.
5. Who does Toby chase in Chapter 19?
(c) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toby eat for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 12?
2. What is the release of the ladybugs called?
3. During their father-son outing, what does Toby's father encourage him to do later that evening?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 13, how much time has passed since Paulie left?
5. Where are Toby and his dad going in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Ladybug Waltz.
2. What good news does Zachary receive after his baptism?
3. How and when is the McKnight family notified of their son's death?
4. How do Cal and Toby talk Kate into helping them take Zachary to the movies?
5. What are two good results from Cal riding his bike into the lake?
6. Why won't Toby talk to Cal after his brother dies?
7. What was Juan's real reason for canceling his important date with Scarlett and why didn't he just tell her the truth?
8. For what two reasons does Toby take the piece of jewelry from his mother's room?
9. What steps does the minister tell Toby that must be taken to get baptized?
10. How do Cal, Toby and Kate protect Zachary from jeers at the movie?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)