|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What outing do Toby and his father go on in Chapter 19?
2. What day of the week begins Chapter 12?
3. Who arrives just as the friends are beginning the baptism?
(b) Toby's dad.
(d) The sheriff.
4. What does Toby do when he gets home from Zachary's baptism?
(a) Writes to his mother.
(b) Spends time with his dad.
(c) Reads the Bible.
(d) Watches TV.
5. Where do Toby and his father go for their Chapter 19 outing?
(a) The school track.
(b) Lake Kiezer.
(c) The country club.
(d) The bowling alley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What heirloom does Toby give Scarlett?
2. What does Toby do with the letter he receives from his mother in Chapter 14?
3. What does Reverend Newton say when he visits Toby's family that surprises Toby's dad?
4. Who dies in Chapter 15?
5. Why is the sheriff waiting at Zachary's trailer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Toby so mad at his father when they deliver bait on Saturday?
2. Describe the Ladybug Waltz.
3. What steps does the minister tell Toby that must be taken to get baptized?
4. What are the two reasons the boys decide to have Zachary baptized at the lake?
5. Why is Zachary unhappy when he first learns of the baptism plans?
6. How do Cal and Toby talk Kate into helping them take Zachary to the movies?
7. For what two reasons does Toby take the piece of jewelry from his mother's room?
8. What does Toby's dad tell him during their fishing trip about his own father?
9. How does Kate become involved with Zachary after driving the boys to the movie?
10. What was Juan's real reason for canceling his important date with Scarlett and why didn't he just tell her the truth?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)