|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toby do when he gets home from Zachary's baptism?
(a) Writes to his mother.
(b) Watches TV.
(c) Spends time with his dad.
(d) Reads the Bible.
2. Who does Toby first ask about how to get baptized?
(a) Miss Myrtie Mae.
(c) His father.
(d) The sheriff.
3. What outing do Toby and his father go on in Chapter 19?
4. Who gave custody of Zachary to Paulie?
(a) Zachary's jailed uncle.
(b) Zachary's father.
(c) Zachary's mother.
(d) An aunt who liked to travel.
5. What is Toby's religion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is cleaning out Zachary's septic tank?
2. Why did Toby go with Cal and Kate to the train depot?
3. What does Mrs. McKnight say about Toby's mother?
4. Who does Toby play ball with in Chapter 20?
5. What day of the week is the state supposed to pick up Zachary to take him to foster care?
Short Essay Questions
1. What words of wisdom does Wayne write to Cal in his last letter?
2. What good news does Zachary receive after his baptism?
3. What does Toby's dad tell him during their fishing trip about his own father?
4. What steps does the minister tell Toby that must be taken to get baptized?
5. Why is Toby working in the bowling alley the day after the funeral?
6. How do Cal, Toby and Kate protect Zachary from jeers at the movie?
7. How do Cal and Toby talk Kate into helping them take Zachary to the movies?
8. Why won't Toby talk to Cal after his brother dies?
9. What are the two reasons the boys decide to have Zachary baptized at the lake?
10. Describe the Ladybug Waltz.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)