|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zachary say that shows Toby he is lying about all his travels?
(a) All the answers are correct.
(b) That he usually travels by limousine.
(c) That he saw this movie already in London, France.
(d) That he goes to movies all the time.
2. What baptism requirements will keep Zachary from being baptized, according to Reverend Newton?
(a) He must be Baptist.
(b) He must go to church and respond to the altar call.
(c) He must attend church for a year first.
(d) He must wear a one-size-fits-all church robe.
3. What outing do Toby and his father go on in Chapter 19?
4. What are the photographs Toby and Cal see at the end of Chapter 22?
(a) The day Zachary came to town through the ladybug event.
(b) Toby's mom competing in the talent show.
(c) Zachary's travels around the world.
(d) Zachary's baptism.
5. What does Toby do when he gets home from Zachary's baptism?
(a) Writes to his mother.
(b) Watches TV.
(c) Spends time with his dad.
(d) Reads the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kicks a crate of ladybugs?
2. Which character gives an apology in Chapter 18?
3. Where do Toby and his father go for their Chapter 19 outing?
4. Who arrives just as the friends are beginning the baptism?
5. As Toby rides with his dad in Chapter 12, what does he miss?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why won't Toby talk to Cal after his brother dies?
2. What steps does the minister tell Toby that must be taken to get baptized?
3. For what two reasons does Toby take the piece of jewelry from his mother's room?
4. How do Cal, Toby and Kate protect Zachary from jeers at the movie?
5. Why is Toby so mad at his father when they deliver bait on Saturday?
6. How does Kate become involved with Zachary after driving the boys to the movie?
7. What good news does Zachary receive after his baptism?
8. Why does Ferris feel especially bad after Wayne's death?
9. Why is Toby working in the bowling alley the day after the funeral?
10. Why does Toby's dad say he left Dallas?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)