|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drives the boys to their destination in Chapter 13?
(a) Cal's dad.
(c) Toby's dad.
2. What does Toby do with the letter he receives from his mother in Chapter 14?
(a) Throws it in the garbage wtihout reading it.
(b) Reads it and throws it away.
(c) Tosses it onto his dresser, unopened.
(d) Tears it into pieces and leaves it on his dresser.
3. Who does Toby play ball with in Chapter 20?
(d) The Judge.
4. Why is Toby's father not speaking to him at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) He's mad that Toby lied about the Opry fire.
(b) He's busy and left for work early.
(c) He's mad that he hung up on Cal.
(d) He's mad because Toby skipped the funeral.
5. Why doesn't Toby visit Cal in Chapter 16?
(a) Toby is still upset about not getting his gift back from Scarlett.
(b) He's mad at Cal.
(c) Toby is grounded.
(d) He doesn't know what to say to Cal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies in Chapter 15?
2. What are the photographs Toby and Cal see at the end of Chapter 22?
3. What does Toby realize in Chapter 19 that he needs to tell Cal?
4. What does Ferris confess to in Chapter 16?
5. Where do Cal and Toby decide to take Zachary in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two good results from Cal riding his bike into the lake?
2. What are the two reasons the boys decide to have Zachary baptized at the lake?
3. How does Kate become involved with Zachary after driving the boys to the movie?
4. What stereotype does Toby realize he has held regarding Juan and what does he realize is the truth?
5. What steps does the minister tell Toby that must be taken to get baptized?
6. What good news does Zachary receive after his baptism?
7. Why is Zachary unhappy when he first learns of the baptism plans?
8. Describe the Ladybug Waltz.
9. Toby realizes why Zachary has never been baptized like he promised his mother he would be. What is the reason?
10. Why won't Toby talk to Cal after his brother dies?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)