|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in awe of the ladybug release?
2. Who dies in Chapter 15?
(b) The Judge.
(d) Toby's mom.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 13, how much time has passed since Paulie left?
(a) Two months.
(b) One month.
(c) Two days.
(d) One week.
4. Who is the photo of that Toby discusses with Miss Myrtie Mae?
(a) TJ, her grandfather.
(b) The governor.
(c) Her former fiance.
(d) The Judge.
5. What are the photographs Toby and Cal see at the end of Chapter 22?
(a) The day Zachary came to town through the ladybug event.
(b) Toby's mom competing in the talent show.
(c) Zachary's baptism.
(d) Zachary's travels around the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Toby convince Ferris to preside over the baptism?
2. Who does Toby hang up on in Chapter 16?
3. Why is Toby's father not speaking to him at the beginning of Chapter 17?
4. Who does Toby flatter by saying he is the strongest person Toby knows?
5. Why did Toby go with Cal and Kate to the train depot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Toby realizes why Zachary has never been baptized like he promised his mother he would be. What is the reason?
2. What stereotype does Toby realize he has held regarding Juan and what does he realize is the truth?
3. Why won't Toby talk to Cal after his brother dies?
4. Describe the Ladybug Waltz.
5. What good news does Zachary receive after his baptism?
6. How does Kate become involved with Zachary after driving the boys to the movie?
7. What are the two reasons the boys decide to have Zachary baptized at the lake?
8. What is the rush in getting Zachary baptized?
9. Why is Toby working in the bowling alley the day after the funeral?
10. What are two good results from Cal riding his bike into the lake?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)