|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the sheriff waiting at Zachary's trailer?
(a) To arrest the kids for being in the lake.
(b) To take him to social services.
(c) To arrest the kids for breaking curfew.
(d) To let him know Paulie will return in a few more days.
2. Who is cleaning out Zachary's septic tank?
(a) The sheriff and local plumber.
(b) Mr. McKnight.
(c) Cal and Toby.
(d) Toby and Ferris.
3. What baptism requirements will keep Zachary from being baptized, according to Reverend Newton?
(a) He must be Baptist.
(b) He must go to church and respond to the altar call.
(c) He must wear a one-size-fits-all church robe.
(d) He must attend church for a year first.
4. What revelation do Cal and Toby have when they fall into the lake?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
(b) They can't find the bike.
(c) How they can get Zachary baptized.
(d) They really are best friends.
5. What day of the week is the state supposed to pick up Zachary to take him to foster care?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea is it at the end of Chapter 13 to get Zachary baptized?
2. Who does Toby chase in Chapter 19?
3. Why is Toby's father not speaking to him at the beginning of Chapter 17?
4. During their father-son outing, what does Toby's father encourage him to do later that evening?
5. What does Toby's dad make for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why won't Toby talk to Cal after his brother dies?
2. What is the rush in getting Zachary baptized?
3. Why is Zachary unhappy when he first learns of the baptism plans?
4. What does Toby's dad tell him during their fishing trip about his own father?
5. What words of wisdom does Wayne write to Cal in his last letter?
6. How do Cal, Toby and Kate protect Zachary from jeers at the movie?
7. What stereotype does Toby realize he has held regarding Juan and what does he realize is the truth?
8. Toby realizes why Zachary has never been baptized like he promised his mother he would be. What is the reason?
9. What steps does the minister tell Toby that must be taken to get baptized?
10. Why is Toby working in the bowling alley the day after the funeral?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)