|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cal throw at Toby at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) 46 dollars.
(b) Zachary's Bible.
(c) A book.
(d) An apple.
2. Who invites Toby and Cal to breakfast Monday morning after the ladybug release?
(b) Miss Myrtie Mae.
(c) The Sheriff.
3. Who is called the "nicest person in Antler" in Chapter 18?
4. What do the boys build to help Zachary get into the truck?
(a) A good relationship with him.
(b) A lift.
(c) A ramp.
5. Why does Scarlett visit Toby in Chapter 17?
(a) To thank him again for the gift.
(b) To give back his gift.
(c) To ask him to babysit her little sister.
(d) To tell him she knows the truth about his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zachary say that shows Toby he is lying about all his travels?
2. Whose idea is it at the end of Chapter 13 to get Zachary baptized?
3. Who does Toby first ask about how to get baptized?
4. When does Toby mow Miss Myrtie Mae's yard in Chapter 20?
5. What does Ferris confess to in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Juan's real reason for canceling his important date with Scarlett and why didn't he just tell her the truth?
2. What words of wisdom does Wayne write to Cal in his last letter?
3. Why does Ferris feel especially bad after Wayne's death?
4. What stereotype does Toby realize he has held regarding Juan and what does he realize is the truth?
5. What are two good results from Cal riding his bike into the lake?
6. Toby realizes why Zachary has never been baptized like he promised his mother he would be. What is the reason?
7. How do Cal and Toby talk Kate into helping them take Zachary to the movies?
8. What does Toby's dad tell him during their fishing trip about his own father?
9. What good news does Zachary receive after his baptism?
10. How does Kate become involved with Zachary after driving the boys to the movie?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)