|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toby's dad make for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(d) English muffins.
2. Who throws an apple at Toby?
(c) The Judge.
(d) His father.
3. Who does Toby blindfold and give a ride on his bike?
4. Who dies in Chapter 15?
(b) The Judge.
(c) Toby's mom.
5. What night will Zachary be baptized?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Toby mow Miss Myrtie Mae's yard in Chapter 20?
2. Why is Toby's father not speaking to him at the beginning of Chapter 17?
3. As Toby rides with his dad in Chapter 12, what does he miss?
4. Where do Toby and his father go for their Chapter 19 outing?
5. Who drives the boys to their destination in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why won't Toby talk to Cal after his brother dies?
2. What are two good results from Cal riding his bike into the lake?
3. What words of wisdom does Wayne write to Cal in his last letter?
4. Why does Ferris feel especially bad after Wayne's death?
5. For what two reasons does Toby take the piece of jewelry from his mother's room?
6. What are the two reasons the boys decide to have Zachary baptized at the lake?
7. What is the rush in getting Zachary baptized?
8. Why is Toby working in the bowling alley the day after the funeral?
9. Toby realizes why Zachary has never been baptized like he promised his mother he would be. What is the reason?
10. Why is Zachary unhappy when he first learns of the baptism plans?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)