|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ferris confess to in Chapter 16?
(a) He had a big crush on Toby's mom.
(b) He shot his foot on purpose so he wouldn't have to go to war.
(c) He turned off the water in Zachary's trailer.
(d) He fired Toby's mom and that's why she left town.
2. Who does Toby flatter by saying he is the strongest person Toby knows?
(c) The sheriff.
(d) His father.
3. What heirloom does Toby give Scarlett?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) A pearl ring.
(c) Diamond earrings.
(d) A gold bracelet.
4. Why does Scarlett visit Toby in Chapter 17?
(a) To give back his gift.
(b) To tell him she knows the truth about his mother.
(c) To thank him again for the gift.
(d) To ask him to babysit her little sister.
5. What day of the week begins Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toby do when he gets home from Zachary's baptism?
2. Who does Toby first ask about how to get baptized?
3. Who is the photo of that Toby discusses with Miss Myrtie Mae?
4. What about the baptism makes Zachary very happy?
5. Which character is not at the ladybug event?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Toby working in the bowling alley the day after the funeral?
2. How and when is the McKnight family notified of their son's death?
3. How do Cal, Toby and Kate protect Zachary from jeers at the movie?
4. What is the rush in getting Zachary baptized?
5. How do Cal and Toby talk Kate into helping them take Zachary to the movies?
6. What are two good results from Cal riding his bike into the lake?
7. What was Juan's real reason for canceling his important date with Scarlett and why didn't he just tell her the truth?
8. What words of wisdom does Wayne write to Cal in his last letter?
9. How does Kate become involved with Zachary after driving the boys to the movie?
10. What stereotype does Toby realize he has held regarding Juan and what does he realize is the truth?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)