|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Toby hang up on in Chapter 16?
(a) His mom.
2. Where did Toby's dad live before moving to Antler?
(c) New Orleans.
(d) Little Rock.
3. Whose idea is it at the end of Chapter 13 to get Zachary baptized?
4. Who arrives just as the friends are beginning the baptism?
(a) Toby's dad.
(d) The sheriff.
5. Why was Zachary's mother's funeral a media circus?
(a) Because she was a famous criminal.
(b) Because she was a famous singer.
(c) Because of Zachary's size.
(d) Because of her size.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Toby race to Scarlett's house in Chapter 15?
2. What does Toby's dad make for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 12?
3. How is Zachary transported to his baptism?
4. Who throws an apple at Toby?
5. What heirloom does Toby give Scarlett?
Short Essay Questions
1. What words of wisdom does Wayne write to Cal in his last letter?
2. How does Kate become involved with Zachary after driving the boys to the movie?
3. Why is Zachary unhappy when he first learns of the baptism plans?
4. What is the rush in getting Zachary baptized?
5. What was Juan's real reason for canceling his important date with Scarlett and why didn't he just tell her the truth?
6. What are two good results from Cal riding his bike into the lake?
7. What stereotype does Toby realize he has held regarding Juan and what does he realize is the truth?
8. What good news does Zachary receive after his baptism?
9. For what two reasons does Toby take the piece of jewelry from his mother's room?
10. Why is Toby working in the bowling alley the day after the funeral?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)