|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Toby race to Scarlett's house in Chapter 15?
(a) To get his gift to her back.
(b) To see her one last time for the evening.
(c) To get her help with Zachary.
(d) To invite her to church.
2. Where did Toby's dad live before moving to Antler?
(a) Little Rock.
(b) New Orleans.
3. What does Toby's dad make for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(d) English muffins.
4. Who is the photo of that Toby discusses with Miss Myrtie Mae?
(a) The governor.
(b) Her former fiance.
(c) TJ, her grandfather.
(d) The Judge.
5. Who does Toby flatter by saying he is the strongest person Toby knows?
(c) The sheriff.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Toby visit Cal in Chapter 16?
2. Who is in awe of the ladybug release?
3. Who throws an apple at Toby?
4. Where do Toby and his father go for their Chapter 19 outing?
5. Who does Toby blindfold and give a ride on his bike?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Cal and Toby talk Kate into helping them take Zachary to the movies?
2. What steps does the minister tell Toby that must be taken to get baptized?
3. What does Toby's dad tell him during their fishing trip about his own father?
4. How and when is the McKnight family notified of their son's death?
5. Why is Toby working in the bowling alley the day after the funeral?
6. Why does Toby's dad say he left Dallas?
7. What are the two reasons the boys decide to have Zachary baptized at the lake?
8. Toby realizes why Zachary has never been baptized like he promised his mother he would be. What is the reason?
9. What good news does Zachary receive after his baptism?
10. Why does Ferris feel especially bad after Wayne's death?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)