|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the sheriff waiting at Zachary's trailer?
(a) To let him know Paulie will return in a few more days.
(b) To arrest the kids for being in the lake.
(c) To arrest the kids for breaking curfew.
(d) To take him to social services.
2. What is Toby's religion?
3. What is in the bag that Kate takes from Zachary's trailer?
(a) Donation to the thrift store.
4. Who dies in Chapter 15?
(b) Toby's mom.
(c) The Judge.
5. Who does Toby flatter by saying he is the strongest person Toby knows?
(c) The sheriff.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What heirloom does Toby give Scarlett?
2. Who is the photo of that Toby discusses with Miss Myrtie Mae?
3. What revelation do Cal and Toby have when they fall into the lake?
4. What are the photographs Toby and Cal see at the end of Chapter 22?
5. Who does Toby blindfold and give a ride on his bike?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and when is the McKnight family notified of their son's death?
2. What steps does the minister tell Toby that must be taken to get baptized?
3. Why is Toby working in the bowling alley the day after the funeral?
4. Why does Toby's dad say he left Dallas?
5. Describe the Ladybug Waltz.
6. What was Juan's real reason for canceling his important date with Scarlett and why didn't he just tell her the truth?
7. Why won't Toby talk to Cal after his brother dies?
8. Toby realizes why Zachary has never been baptized like he promised his mother he would be. What is the reason?
9. What stereotype does Toby realize he has held regarding Juan and what does he realize is the truth?
10. What are the two reasons the boys decide to have Zachary baptized at the lake?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)