|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toby do with the letter he receives from his mother in Chapter 14?
(a) Reads it and throws it away.
(b) Tosses it onto his dresser, unopened.
(c) Throws it in the garbage wtihout reading it.
(d) Tears it into pieces and leaves it on his dresser.
2. How is Zachary transported to his baptism?
(a) By shopping cart.
(b) By pickup truck.
(c) In a wagon.
(d) By snow cone cart.
3. Where do Toby and his father go for their Chapter 19 outing?
(a) The bowling alley.
(b) The school track.
(c) Lake Kiezer.
(d) The country club.
4. Who gave custody of Zachary to Paulie?
(a) Zachary's mother.
(b) Zachary's jailed uncle.
(c) Zachary's father.
(d) An aunt who liked to travel.
5. What do the boys build to help Zachary get into the truck?
(a) A ramp.
(b) A lift.
(d) A good relationship with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea is it at the end of Chapter 13 to get Zachary baptized?
2. How does Toby convince Ferris to preside over the baptism?
3. Who seeks advice from Toby at the beginning of Chapter 18?
4. Who drives the boys to their destination in Chapter 13?
5. What heirloom does Toby give Scarlett?
Short Essay Questions
1. What words of wisdom does Wayne write to Cal in his last letter?
2. Why does Toby's dad say he left Dallas?
3. What are the two reasons the boys decide to have Zachary baptized at the lake?
4. For what two reasons does Toby take the piece of jewelry from his mother's room?
5. How does Kate become involved with Zachary after driving the boys to the movie?
6. Why won't Toby talk to Cal after his brother dies?
7. How do Cal and Toby talk Kate into helping them take Zachary to the movies?
8. Why is Zachary unhappy when he first learns of the baptism plans?
9. Why does Ferris feel especially bad after Wayne's death?
10. What was Juan's real reason for canceling his important date with Scarlett and why didn't he just tell her the truth?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)