|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their father-son outing, what does Toby's father encourage him to do later that evening?
(a) Be with Cal when he goes through Wayne's belongings.
(b) Go to college.
(c) Go to the ladybug release.
(d) Eat a good dinner.
2. Where did Toby's dad live before moving to Antler?
(b) Little Rock.
(c) New Orleans.
3. Who throws an apple at Toby?
(a) The Judge.
(d) His father.
4. What does Toby eat for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(d) English muffins.
5. Which character is not at the ladybug event?
(a) Miss Myrtie Mae.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reverend Newton say when he visits Toby's family that surprises Toby's dad?
2. Why does Juan carry a golf club around?
3. Who dies in Chapter 15?
4. Why is Toby's father not speaking to him at the beginning of Chapter 17?
5. Who arrives just as the friends are beginning the baptism?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why won't Toby talk to Cal after his brother dies?
2. Toby realizes why Zachary has never been baptized like he promised his mother he would be. What is the reason?
3. What words of wisdom does Wayne write to Cal in his last letter?
4. Why is Zachary unhappy when he first learns of the baptism plans?
5. Why does Toby's dad say he left Dallas?
6. How do Cal and Toby talk Kate into helping them take Zachary to the movies?
7. What is the rush in getting Zachary baptized?
8. How and when is the McKnight family notified of their son's death?
9. What was Juan's real reason for canceling his important date with Scarlett and why didn't he just tell her the truth?
10. How does Kate become involved with Zachary after driving the boys to the movie?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)