|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the last letter Wayne sent, what does he warn the boys?
(a) To go to college and get out of Antler.
(b) That best friends are hard to come by.
(c) To take care of the ladybugs.
(d) That war is not fun and games.
2. Why doesn't Toby visit Cal in Chapter 16?
(a) He doesn't know what to say to Cal.
(b) Toby is still upset about not getting his gift back from Scarlett.
(c) Toby is grounded.
(d) He's mad at Cal.
3. Who is the photo of that Toby discusses with Miss Myrtie Mae?
(a) The governor.
(b) Her former fiance.
(c) The Judge.
(d) TJ, her grandfather.
4. Who calls Zachary a freak in Chapter 16?
5. What outing do Toby and his father go on in Chapter 19?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea is it at the end of Chapter 13 to get Zachary baptized?
2. What revelation do Cal and Toby have when they fall into the lake?
3. Who does Toby blindfold and give a ride on his bike?
4. Why is Toby's father not speaking to him at the beginning of Chapter 17?
5. When does Toby mow Miss Myrtie Mae's yard in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and when is the McKnight family notified of their son's death?
2. Why is Toby so mad at his father when they deliver bait on Saturday?
3. How does Kate become involved with Zachary after driving the boys to the movie?
4. What steps does the minister tell Toby that must be taken to get baptized?
5. Why does Toby's dad say he left Dallas?
6. Why does Ferris feel especially bad after Wayne's death?
7. What are the two reasons the boys decide to have Zachary baptized at the lake?
8. Why is Toby working in the bowling alley the day after the funeral?
9. For what two reasons does Toby take the piece of jewelry from his mother's room?
10. What words of wisdom does Wayne write to Cal in his last letter?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)