|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies in Chapter 15?
(a) Toby's mom.
(d) The Judge.
2. What does Toby realize in Chapter 19 that he needs to tell Cal?
(a) That his mother is not coming home.
(b) That he owed him $47.
(c) That he wrote a letter to Wayne on his behalf.
(d) That he was afraid he'd say the wrong thing at the funeral.
3. What does Zachary say that shows Toby he is lying about all his travels?
(a) All the answers are correct.
(b) That he saw this movie already in London, France.
(c) That he usually travels by limousine.
(d) That he goes to movies all the time.
4. Who drives the boys to their destination in Chapter 13?
(b) Toby's dad.
(c) Cal's dad.
5. Who arrives just as the friends are beginning the baptism?
(a) The sheriff.
(c) Toby's dad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in awe of the ladybug release?
2. What heirloom does Toby give Scarlett?
3. What do the boys build to help Zachary get into the truck?
4. What baptism requirements will keep Zachary from being baptized, according to Reverend Newton?
5. Why is the sheriff waiting at Zachary's trailer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two good results from Cal riding his bike into the lake?
2. Why does Toby's dad say he left Dallas?
3. Toby realizes why Zachary has never been baptized like he promised his mother he would be. What is the reason?
4. How do Cal and Toby talk Kate into helping them take Zachary to the movies?
5. What good news does Zachary receive after his baptism?
6. What words of wisdom does Wayne write to Cal in his last letter?
7. How do Cal, Toby and Kate protect Zachary from jeers at the movie?
8. Why is Zachary unhappy when he first learns of the baptism plans?
9. For what two reasons does Toby take the piece of jewelry from his mother's room?
10. What was Juan's real reason for canceling his important date with Scarlett and why didn't he just tell her the truth?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)