|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Toby and Cal want to research at the library?
(a) The population of nearby towns.
(b) The cost of area amusement parks to plan a day trip.
(c) Whether Zachary Beaver is the fattest kid in the world.
(d) Colleges that will get them far from Antler.
2. How does Toby sign the letter he writes in Chapter 8?
(b) Your secret admirer.
(c) Love, Your Brother.
3. What does Wayne compare war to so Cal can understand it?
(a) Fighting with Toby.
(b) Water balloon fights.
(d) Playing with little green Army soldier toys.
4. What soundtrack is Kate listening to while sewing in Chapter 4?
(a) The Wizard of Oz.
(b) Beach Blanket Bingo.
(c) Saturday Night Fever.
(d) The Sound of Music.
5. What is the sideshow boy drinking while people come to see him?
(a) A rootbeer float.
(b) A chocolate shake.
(d) A cola.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took the foil off the cake that Toby hid in the bushes?
2. Which character is a reformed alcoholic?
3. When Toby and Cal leave their lookout post in Chapter 6, what is dropped?
4. Who does Toby receive a letter from in Chapter 11?
5. Who gets hit in the bottom by a rock?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Toby and Cal sit on top of the bowling alley at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. What help does Zachary ask from Toby and Cal when the sheriff takes them to visit?
3. Other than the emotional attachment Toby has with his mother, why does he miss her so much?
4. Why does Scarlett break up with Juan?
5. Why was Scarlett's relationship with Juan so important to her?
6. Why does Toby quickly march Tara out of the sideshow trailer on their first visit there?
7. What is unusual about the letter Toby writes in Chapter 8?
8. What is the goal Zachary shares with Cal and Toby when the sheriff takes them to visit?
9. What is ironic about Cal and Toby chasing taunting fourth graders away from Zachary's trailer?
10. How does Scarlett thank Toby for dancing with her at the lake?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)