|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miss Myrtie Mae's casserole specialty?
(a) Shepherd's pie.
(b) Chicken Delight.
(c) Tater Tot Casserole.
(d) Sweet potato casserole.
2. Who takes tickets at the sideshow?
(a) Mr. Jones.
3. Where does Toby go in Chapter 8 after dropping his letter in the mail?
(a) Gossimer Lake.
(b) Gossip Lake.
(c) Gosley Lake.
(d) Gossling Lake.
4. What does Toby's dad serve for dinner in Chapter 3?
(c) Frozen pizza.
(d) Hot dogs.
5. Who gets kissed on the cheek at the end of Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the community discuss over lunch at the diner in Chapter 5?
2. What does Toby do when he enters Scarlett's bedroom?
3. Which character is a reformed alcoholic?
4. Who do Cal and Toby shout names at in Chapter 4?
5. Who stops the people from teasing Zachary in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Other than the emotional attachment Toby has with his mother, why does he miss her so much?
2. What amazes the boys about Zachary when they see him take the grocery sack from his steps?
3. When Toby finally reads the letter from his mom in Chapter 11, what does he learn?
4. Why does Cal always get up so early?
5. What help does Zachary ask from Toby and Cal when the sheriff takes them to visit?
6. How does Scarlett thank Toby for dancing with her at the lake?
7. What is the goal Zachary shares with Cal and Toby when the sheriff takes them to visit?
8. Why does Toby quickly march Tara out of the sideshow trailer on their first visit there?
9. What is the town rumor about Ferris?
10. What is ironic about Kate's announcement that she passed her driver's test and now has her license?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)