|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toby realize when he drinks his first ever cup of coffee?
(a) He doesn't like it.
(b) It makes him jittery.
(c) It gives him indigestion.
(d) He likes it with cream.
2. What favor does Scarlett ask of Toby in Chapter 10?
(a) To dance with her.
(b) To kiss her cheek.
(c) To take some dinner to Zachary.
(d) To take her sister to see Zachary.
3. Which book do Toby and Cal use as the authoritative resource in their research?
(a) The Guiness Book of World Records.
(b) A world atlas.
(c) The dictionary.
(d) The World Book Encyclopedia.
4. Why does Paulie give Ferris an envelope of money?
(a) To pay rent for his trailer.
(b) To pay off a fine.
(c) To pay for utilities and food for Zachary.
(d) To keep him from telling who robbed the bowling alley.
5. What does Cal see when he peeks inside Zachary's gold box?
(a) Baseball card collection.
(b) A Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Toby and Cal pass time while waiting at their lookout post?
2. What is the sideshow boy drinking while people come to see him?
3. What gets torn when Cal disturbs Kate in Chapter 4?
4. What does Cal's father use to control pests in his garden?
5. What makes Toby happy in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Toby quickly march Tara out of the sideshow trailer on their first visit there?
2. What questions does Cal ask Zachary the first time he meets him?
3. Why did Cal think he would be hired to cut Miss Myrtie Mae's lawn each week?
4. What is the town rumor about Ferris?
5. Why is Toby's father still in his pajamas at the beginning of Chapter 9?
6. What is the first food item the boys leave on the trailer step for Zachary"
7. What is the goal Zachary shares with Cal and Toby when the sheriff takes them to visit?
8. Why does Toby believe that Cal is good with kids?
9. What is exciting about the trailer that pulls into town in Chapter 1? Why is it exciting?
10. How do Toby and Cal try to determine whether Zachary really is the fattest boy in the world?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)