|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the sideshow boy doing while viewers stop by to see him?
(a) Watching TV.
(b) Eating a pizza.
(c) Talking to them.
(d) Reading a book.
2. Who wants to get out of the sideshow line to get something to eat?
3. Which character is a reformed alcoholic?
(a) Toby's mom.
(b) Mr. McKnight.
4. What does Toby's dad serve for dinner in Chapter 3?
(c) Frozen pizza.
(d) Hot dogs.
5. Why does Toby pick up the dropped item he finds in Chapter 6?
(a) To spend it at the store.
(b) To give it to Zachary to eat.
(c) To return it to Cal.
(d) To throw it away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill was Juan teaching Scarlett that Toby does not have?
2. Where do Toby and Cal leave a sack of groceries?
3. How do Toby and Cal pass time while waiting at their lookout post?
4. Where does Cal live?
5. Who takes tickets at the sideshow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Antler's population dwindled?
2. Other than the emotional attachment Toby has with his mother, why does he miss her so much?
3. Why did Cal think he would be hired to cut Miss Myrtie Mae's lawn each week?
4. What is the town rumor about Ferris?
5. What questions does Cal ask Zachary the first time he meets him?
6. Why is Toby awake extra early at the beginning of Chapter 9?
7. How do Toby and Cal try to determine whether Zachary really is the fattest boy in the world?
8. Why does Scarlett break up with Juan?
9. What amazes the boys about Zachary when they see him take the grocery sack from his steps?
10. What is unusual about the letter Toby writes in Chapter 8?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)