|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Antler, what often blows in the wind like snow?
(a) Wood shavings from the logging industry.
(b) Shaved ice from the snow cone stands.
(c) Cotton from the gin.
(d) Styrofoam from the factory.
2. Who takes tickets at the sideshow?
(c) Mr. Jones.
3. Who begins to make fun of the featured sideshow person?
4. What do the children notice on a bookshelf?
(a) Lots of comic books.
(b) Some puzzles and a few books.
(c) Mostly mystery books.
(d) Lots of encyclopedias and a gold box.
5. Who is the youngest of four kids?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Wilson in a good mood in Chapter 5?
2. Who breaks the trailer window?
3. What is used by teasers to hit Zachary's trailer?
4. What human comparison does Tara use to try to understand the magnitude of the featured sideshow person?
5. What does Cal's father use to control pests in his garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Toby's father still in his pajamas at the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. Why did Cal think he would be hired to cut Miss Myrtie Mae's lawn each week?
3. How do Toby and Cal try to determine whether Zachary really is the fattest boy in the world?
4. What is the town rumor about Ferris?
5. Why is Toby awake extra early at the beginning of Chapter 9?
6. Why does Cal always get up so early?
7. Discuss the development of Gossimer Lake.
8. What questions does Cal ask Zachary the first time he meets him?
9. Why was Scarlett's relationship with Juan so important to her?
10. What is ironic about Cal and Toby chasing taunting fourth graders away from Zachary's trailer?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)