|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is not mentioned in the letter Toby writes in Chapter 8?
2. What does Scarlett do when her sister tells what Toby did in her room?
(a) She dismisses her little sister.
(b) She chastises him for using someone else's brush.
(c) She asks why he was sniffing her lip gloss.
(d) She tells Toby to get out.
3. Why does Toby pick up the dropped item he finds in Chapter 6?
(a) To throw it away.
(b) To return it to Cal.
(c) To give it to Zachary to eat.
(d) To spend it at the store.
4. Where do Toby and Cal go to see all of Antler?
(a) Gossimer Lake.
(b) The highest fire escape at the school.
(c) The bowling alley roof.
(d) The second floor of Toby's house.
5. What kind of walls block off the sideshow boy from the visitors?
(b) Wooden with viewing holes cut in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wayne compare war to so Cal can understand it?
2. Where does Toby go in Chapter 8 after dropping his letter in the mail?
3. What does Toby do when he enters Scarlett's bedroom?
4. What is Miss Myrtie Mae's casserole specialty?
5. How does Zachary explain the lack of minister notes in his Bible?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ferris feel especially bad after Wayne's death?
2. Why does Toby quickly march Tara out of the sideshow trailer on their first visit there?
3. How do Cal and Toby talk Kate into helping them take Zachary to the movies?
4. Why does Scarlett break up with Juan?
5. Why does Toby take Scarlett's sister to see the sideshow?
6. What are Antler's major downtown businesses?
7. Why was Scarlett's relationship with Juan so important to her?
8. Why is Toby awake extra early at the beginning of Chapter 9?
9. What is a unique effect the cotton gin has on Antler?
10. Why do Toby and Cal sit on top of the bowling alley at the beginning of Chapter 6?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)