|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the sideshow boy drinking while people come to see him?
(a) A cola.
(b) A rootbeer float.
(d) A chocolate shake.
2. What do Toby and Cal take to their lookout spot in the beginning of Chapter 7?
(c) A tape measure.
(d) A hand held video game.
3. Where does Mr. Wilson take Toby for lunch in Chapter 5?
(a) The bowling alley diner.
(b) The Dairy Maid.
(c) Gossimer Lake for a picnic.
(d) To the town's Mexican restaurant.
4. What do Toby and Cal want to research at the library?
(a) Whether Zachary Beaver is the fattest kid in the world.
(b) Colleges that will get them far from Antler.
(c) The population of nearby towns.
(d) The cost of area amusement parks to plan a day trip.
5. Who breaks the trailer window?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose sister does Toby take to see the sideshow?
2. What kind of walls block off the sideshow boy from the visitors?
3. Who mows the school lawn in Chapter 4?
4. What does Toby's dad ask him to take to Mrs. McKnight?
5. What does Scarlett do when her sister tells what Toby did in her room?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the letter from Wayne that Cal reads to Toby on top of the bowling alley, what does Wayne write about?
2. Why does Cal always get up so early?
3. What help does Zachary ask from Toby and Cal when the sheriff takes them to visit?
4. What strikes Toby as unusual when Zachary tells him about his travels in Paris? What does it make Toby think?
5. In addition to learning that his mom did not win the competition, what else does Toby learn about his mother in Chapter 8?
6. Other than the emotional attachment Toby has with his mother, why does he miss her so much?
7. Why has Antler's population dwindled?
8. When Toby finally reads the letter from his mom in Chapter 11, what does he learn?
9. Why does Toby quickly march Tara out of the sideshow trailer on their first visit there?
10. Why was Scarlett's relationship with Juan so important to her?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)