|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes tickets at the sideshow?
(d) Mr. Jones.
2. What makes Toby happy in Chapter 8?
(a) Scarlett has broken up with Juan.
(b) Lightning bugs at the lake.
(c) Zachary calls and invites him over.
(d) Tara said she thinks he's cute.
3. What do Toby and Cal want to research at the library?
(a) Whether Zachary Beaver is the fattest kid in the world.
(b) Colleges that will get them far from Antler.
(c) The cost of area amusement parks to plan a day trip.
(d) The population of nearby towns.
4. Which character is a reformed alcoholic?
(b) Toby's mom.
(c) Mr. McKnight.
5. How does Zachary explain the lack of minister notes in his Bible?
(a) The minister didn't speak English.
(b) He couldn't find the Bible when he got baptized.
(c) He said the minister couldn't write.
(d) He said he was almost baptized.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett do when her sister tells what Toby did in her room?
2. Where do Toby and Cal go to see all of Antler?
3. Who stops the people from teasing Zachary in Chapter 7?
4. What has caused Antler's population to decrease?
5. Where was the competition Toby's mom was in held?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Antler's population dwindled?
2. What help does Zachary ask from Toby and Cal when the sheriff takes them to visit?
3. What is ironic about Cal and Toby chasing taunting fourth graders away from Zachary's trailer?
4. Why does Mr. McKnight buy ladybugs?
5. What amazes the boys about Zachary when they see him take the grocery sack from his steps?
6. Why is Toby's father still in his pajamas at the beginning of Chapter 9?
7. What is the town rumor about Miss Myrtie Mae?
8. Why do Toby and Cal sit on top of the bowling alley at the beginning of Chapter 6?
9. When Toby finally reads the letter from his mom in Chapter 11, what does he learn?
10. What is ironic about Kate's announcement that she passed her driver's test and now has her license?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)