|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the community discuss over lunch at the diner in Chapter 5?
(a) That Kate has passed her driver's test.
(b) That Toby's mom has run away with another man.
(c) That Mr. McKnight's crops have failed.
(d) That Zachary Beaver was left alone.
2. Why does Paulie give Ferris an envelope of money?
(a) To keep him from telling who robbed the bowling alley.
(b) To pay rent for his trailer.
(c) To pay for utilities and food for Zachary.
(d) To pay off a fine.
3. What cleaning product is smelled when Toby and friends enter the sideshow trailer?
(a) Mr. Clean.
(b) Tide with bleach.
4. Who is the youngest of four kids?
5. What does Cal see when he peeks inside Zachary's gold box?
(c) A Bible.
(d) Baseball card collection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who built the dam at Gossimer Lake?
2. Which day of the week will Myrtie Mae's lawn get cut?
3. Where is the farm that Cal's father owns?
4. What is the appearance of the sideshow ticket salesperson?
5. Who encourages Cal to write a letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Scarlett break up with Juan?
2. How do Toby and Cal try to determine whether Zachary really is the fattest boy in the world?
3. Why does Miss Myrtie Mae appear when the crowd starts to form at the trailer when it arrives in Chapter 1?
4. Toby realizes why Zachary has never been baptized like he promised his mother he would be. What is the reason?
5. How and when is the McKnight family notified of their son's death?
6. Why does Toby take Scarlett's sister to see the sideshow?
7. What good news does Zachary receive after his baptism?
8. What questions does Cal ask Zachary the first time he meets him?
9. Why does Toby quickly march Tara out of the sideshow trailer on their first visit there?
10. What is the town rumor about Ferris?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)