|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets kissed on the cheek at the end of Chapter 8?
2. Why does Toby pick up the dropped item he finds in Chapter 6?
(a) To spend it at the store.
(b) To give it to Zachary to eat.
(c) To return it to Cal.
(d) To throw it away.
3. Who rode Toby's bike at the end of Chapter 4?
4. Who hits Zachary's trailer?
(a) Junior high girls.
(b) Fourth graders.
(c) Senior boys.
(d) Cal and Toby.
5. What does Wayne compare war to so Cal can understand it?
(a) Water balloon fights.
(c) Fighting with Toby.
(d) Playing with little green Army soldier toys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following businesses is NOT part of downtown Antler?
2. How does Toby sign the letter he writes in Chapter 8?
3. What is Miss Myrtie Mae's casserole specialty?
4. Who mows the school lawn in Chapter 4?
5. How do Toby and Cal pass time while waiting at their lookout post?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cal always get up so early?
2. Why does Toby believe that Cal is good with kids?
3. Why has Antler's population dwindled?
4. How do Toby and Cal try to determine whether Zachary really is the fattest boy in the world?
5. Why do the boys continue to leave food items on Zachary's steps?
6. Why does Miss Myrtie Mae appear when the crowd starts to form at the trailer when it arrives in Chapter 1?
7. What is the town rumor about Ferris?
8. When Toby finally reads the letter from his mom in Chapter 11, what does he learn?
9. What is a unique effect the cotton gin has on Antler?
10. What is unusual about the letter Toby writes in Chapter 8?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)