|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Cal to write a letter?
(d) Myrtie Mae.
2. Why is Kate the last Antler High School junior to get her driver's license?
(a) She can't pass the written test.
(b) She ran a red light during her driving test.
(c) She can't parallel park.
(d) She ran into the sheriff's car while taking her driving test.
3. Who stops the people from teasing Zachary in Chapter 7?
(b) Miss Myrtie Mae.
(c) The Sheriff.
(d) Toby and Cal.
4. Who gets kissed on the cheek at the end of Chapter 8?
5. Which war did the bowling alley owner miss due to an injury?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to get out of the sideshow line to get something to eat?
2. What does Cal think Zachary is lying about in Chapter 7?
3. What human comparison does Tara use to try to understand the magnitude of the featured sideshow person?
4. What gets torn when Cal disturbs Kate in Chapter 4?
5. Where is the farm that Cal's father owns?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Toby's dad say he left Dallas?
2. How does Kate become involved with Zachary after driving the boys to the movie?
3. Why does Toby quickly march Tara out of the sideshow trailer on their first visit there?
4. In the letter from Wayne that Cal reads to Toby on top of the bowling alley, what does Wayne write about?
5. Why does Scarlett break up with Juan?
6. What are the two reasons the boys decide to have Zachary baptized at the lake?
7. How do Cal, Toby and Kate protect Zachary from jeers at the movie?
8. What is ironic about Kate's announcement that she passed her driver's test and now has her license?
9. What are two good results from Cal riding his bike into the lake?
10. Why does Mr. McKnight buy ladybugs?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)