|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who considered becoming a preacher?
(b) The sheriff.
(c) Mr. McKnight.
(d) Toby's dad.
2. What is the sideshow boy drinking while people come to see him?
(a) A cola.
(b) A rootbeer float.
(d) A chocolate shake.
3. Who picks up the grocery sack that has been left in Chapter 6?
(a) The sheriff.
4. Who takes tickets at the sideshow?
(a) Mr. Jones.
5. After the contest, when does Toby's mother plan to return home?
(a) In two weeks.
(b) In two days.
(c) The very next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Toby go in Chapter 8 after dropping his letter in the mail?
2. Where is the farm that Cal's father owns?
3. What kind of flag is in front of Cal's house?
4. Who talks with Toby at the lake?
5. Which war did the bowling alley owner miss due to an injury?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first food item the boys leave on the trailer step for Zachary"
2. What amazes the boys about Zachary when they see him take the grocery sack from his steps?
3. What are Antler's major downtown businesses?
4. What is the goal Zachary shares with Cal and Toby when the sheriff takes them to visit?
5. Why does Cal always get up so early?
6. Why does Toby believe that Cal is good with kids?
7. Why has Antler's population dwindled?
8. What strikes Toby as unusual when Zachary tells him about his travels in Paris? What does it make Toby think?
9. What is humorous about Toby and Cal yelling names at the town bully in Chapter 4?
10. Discuss the development of Gossimer Lake.
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)