|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Toby and Cal go to see all of Antler?
(a) Gossimer Lake.
(b) The second floor of Toby's house.
(c) The highest fire escape at the school.
(d) The bowling alley roof.
2. How do Toby and Cal pass time while waiting at their lookout post?
(a) By measuring things.
(b) By eating.
(c) By playing video games.
(d) By making up stories about Paulie.
3. What do the children notice on a bookshelf?
(a) Mostly mystery books.
(b) Lots of comic books.
(c) Some puzzles and a few books.
(d) Lots of encyclopedias and a gold box.
4. What one item in the trailer looks like it is not sterile?
(a) A bookshelf.
(b) The lighting.
(c) The plexiglass.
(d) The door.
5. What kind of flag is in front of Cal's house?
(a) A windsock flag.
(b) A decorative one with an M on it.
(c) A Confederate flag.
(d) An American flag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has caused Antler's population to decrease?
2. Which boy is left alone at the end of Chapter 4?
3. What does the sideshow feature?
4. What does Cal leave on the steps of Zachary's trailer?
5. How does Zachary explain the lack of minister notes in his Bible?
Short Essay Questions
1. In addition to learning that his mom did not win the competition, what else does Toby learn about his mother in Chapter 8?
2. What are Antler's major downtown businesses?
3. What are the two reasons the boys decide to have Zachary baptized at the lake?
4. What is exciting about the trailer that pulls into town in Chapter 1? Why is it exciting?
5. What is the first food item the boys leave on the trailer step for Zachary"
6. What stereotype does Toby realize he has held regarding Juan and what does he realize is the truth?
7. Why does Ferris feel especially bad after Wayne's death?
8. Why does Toby take Scarlett's sister to see the sideshow?
9. What is the goal Zachary shares with Cal and Toby when the sheriff takes them to visit?
10. What questions does Cal ask Zachary the first time he meets him?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)