|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the community discuss over lunch at the diner in Chapter 5?
(a) That Zachary Beaver was left alone.
(b) That Mr. McKnight's crops have failed.
(c) That Toby's mom has run away with another man.
(d) That Kate has passed her driver's test.
2. Where was the competition Toby's mom was in held?
(a) 16th Avenue.
(b) Sun Records.
(c) Ryman Auditorium.
3. Who asks Cal to write a letter?
(c) Myrtie Mae.
4. What gets torn when Cal disturbs Kate in Chapter 4?
(a) A pattern.
(b) Kate's new dress.
(c) Piano sheet music.
(d) A page in a library book.
5. When leaving the lookout post in Chapter 6, where does Toby have to stop for his dad?
(a) The post office.
(b) The Dairy Maid.
(c) The bowling alley.
(d) The grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets asked to dance in Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 8, who breaks a date without giving a reason?
3. What do Toby and Cal see as Mr. Wilson drives them away from Zachary's trailer?
4. What soundtrack is Kate listening to while sewing in Chapter 4?
5. Who is planning to meet Juan in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Toby's father still in his pajamas at the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. As Toby and Scarlett swing on her front porch, what does Scarlett talk about?
3. Why does Scarlett break up with Juan?
4. What help does Zachary ask from Toby and Cal when the sheriff takes them to visit?
5. Why does Toby quickly march Tara out of the sideshow trailer on their first visit there?
6. How do Toby and Cal try to determine whether Zachary really is the fattest boy in the world?
7. What are Antler's major downtown businesses?
8. What is the town rumor about Ferris?
9. Why does Toby take Scarlett's sister to see the sideshow?
10. Why did Cal think he would be hired to cut Miss Myrtie Mae's lawn each week?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)