|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Toby and Cal leave their lookout post in Chapter 6, what is dropped?
(a) A dollar.
(b) A quarter.
(c) A letter.
(d) A candy bar.
2. What do the children notice on a bookshelf?
(a) Lots of encyclopedias and a gold box.
(b) Some puzzles and a few books.
(c) Lots of comic books.
(d) Mostly mystery books.
3. Who are Toby and Cal spying on at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Mr. McKnight.
(b) Myrtie Mae.
(d) The sheriff.
4. Who takes tickets at the sideshow?
(b) Mr. Jones.
5. What is the sheriff's favorite animal?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops the people from teasing Zachary in Chapter 7?
2. In Chapter 8, who breaks a date without giving a reason?
3. Who has Toby had a crush on for a long time?
4. What does Cal leave on the steps of Zachary's trailer?
5. Who rode Toby's bike at the end of Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the boys continue to leave food items on Zachary's steps?
2. Why does Miss Myrtie Mae appear when the crowd starts to form at the trailer when it arrives in Chapter 1?
3. What is unusual about the letter Toby writes in Chapter 8?
4. Why does Cal always get up so early?
5. Why do Toby and Cal sit on top of the bowling alley at the beginning of Chapter 6?
6. What is exciting about the trailer that pulls into town in Chapter 1? Why is it exciting?
7. What is the town rumor about Ferris?
8. Discuss the development of Gossimer Lake.
9. What amazes the boys about Zachary when they see him take the grocery sack from his steps?
10. How does Scarlett thank Toby for dancing with her at the lake?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)