|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate run over when pulling out of her driveway in Chapter 5?
(a) Billy's skateboard.
(b) The mailbox.
(c) A doll.
(d) Cal's bike.
2. What does Wayne compare war to so Cal can understand it?
(a) Playing with little green Army soldier toys.
(b) Fighting with Toby.
(c) Water balloon fights.
3. Where is the farm that Cal's father owns?
(a) Outside of town.
(b) At his grandfather's house.
(c) In their backyard.
(d) At a house he inherited from his mother.
4. What does Toby's dad serve for dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) Frozen pizza.
(c) Hot dogs.
5. What do Toby and Cal take to their lookout spot in the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) A tape measure.
(c) A hand held video game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sideshow boy drinking while people come to see him?
2. Who encourages Cal to write a letter?
3. What is the sideshow boy doing while viewers stop by to see him?
4. What do the children notice on a bookshelf?
5. Who picks up the grocery sack that has been left in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the boys continue to leave food items on Zachary's steps?
2. What is the town rumor about Miss Myrtie Mae?
3. What are Antler's major downtown businesses?
4. How does Scarlett thank Toby for dancing with her at the lake?
5. What is humorous about Toby and Cal yelling names at the town bully in Chapter 4?
6. Other than the emotional attachment Toby has with his mother, why does he miss her so much?
7. Why does Toby take Scarlett's sister to see the sideshow?
8. Why is Toby's father still in his pajamas at the beginning of Chapter 9?
9. What help does Zachary ask from Toby and Cal when the sheriff takes them to visit?
10. What is ironic about Cal and Toby chasing taunting fourth graders away from Zachary's trailer?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)