|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Toby wake up early Friday morning in Chapter 9?
(a) To hang out with Zachary.
(b) To hang out with Cal.
(c) To mow Miss Myrtie Mae's yard.
(d) To go bowling.
2. What is the appearance of the sideshow ticket salesperson?
(b) Very young.
3. What does the community discuss over lunch at the diner in Chapter 5?
(a) That Mr. McKnight's crops have failed.
(b) That Zachary Beaver was left alone.
(c) That Kate has passed her driver's test.
(d) That Toby's mom has run away with another man.
4. Who are Toby and Cal spying on at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Myrtie Mae.
(c) Mr. McKnight.
(d) The sheriff.
5. Who takes tickets at the sideshow?
(d) Mr. Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took the foil off the cake that Toby hid in the bushes?
2. What do Toby and Cal see as Mr. Wilson drives them away from Zachary's trailer?
3. To whom was Myrtie Mae rumored to be engaged?
4. Which war did the bowling alley owner miss due to an injury?
5. Where was the competition Toby's mom was in held?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Toby's father still in his pajamas at the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. Why do Toby and Cal sit on top of the bowling alley at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. Why does Cal always get up so early?
4. What is ironic about Kate's announcement that she passed her driver's test and now has her license?
5. Why was Scarlett's relationship with Juan so important to her?
6. How does Scarlett thank Toby for dancing with her at the lake?
7. As Toby and Scarlett swing on her front porch, what does Scarlett talk about?
8. Why does Mr. McKnight buy ladybugs?
9. What is the town rumor about Ferris?
10. Why does Toby take Scarlett's sister to see the sideshow?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)