|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Toby and Cal pass time while waiting at their lookout post?
(a) By measuring things.
(b) By playing video games.
(c) By making up stories about Paulie.
(d) By eating.
2. As Toby sits at the lake in Chapter 3, what keeps him from wading into it?
(a) The fear of alligators.
(b) The thought of leeches.
(c) The mosquitoes.
(d) The thought of snakes.
3. Who agrees to cut Myrtie Mae's lawn throughout the summer?
4. Who took the foil off the cake that Toby hid in the bushes?
5. What is the appearance of the sideshow ticket salesperson?
(c) Very young.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gets torn when Cal disturbs Kate in Chapter 4?
2. Who picks up the grocery sack that has been left in Chapter 6?
3. Who wants to get out of the sideshow line to get something to eat?
4. Who takes tickets at the sideshow?
5. What does Toby's dad serve for dinner in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Toby and Scarlett swing on her front porch, what does Scarlett talk about?
2. What amazes the boys about Zachary when they see him take the grocery sack from his steps?
3. What is the first food item the boys leave on the trailer step for Zachary"
4. Discuss the development of Gossimer Lake.
5. Why did Cal think he would be hired to cut Miss Myrtie Mae's lawn each week?
6. How do Toby and Cal try to determine whether Zachary really is the fattest boy in the world?
7. What is the town rumor about Miss Myrtie Mae?
8. How does Scarlett thank Toby for dancing with her at the lake?
9. When Toby finally reads the letter from his mom in Chapter 11, what does he learn?
10. What questions does Cal ask Zachary the first time he meets him?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)