|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is planning to meet Juan in Chapter 1?
2. Who breaks the trailer window?
3. Who gets kissed on the cheek at the end of Chapter 8?
4. What skill was Juan teaching Scarlett that Toby does not have?
5. How do Toby and Cal pass time while waiting at their lookout post?
(a) By eating.
(b) By measuring things.
(c) By making up stories about Paulie.
(d) By playing video games.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paulie give Ferris an envelope of money?
2. How does Toby sign the letter he writes in Chapter 8?
3. Where does Cal live?
4. Who hits Zachary's trailer?
5. Why does Toby get mad at Scarlett in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Toby and Cal sit on top of the bowling alley at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. When Toby finally reads the letter from his mom in Chapter 11, what does he learn?
3. What questions does Cal ask Zachary the first time he meets him?
4. What is the goal Zachary shares with Cal and Toby when the sheriff takes them to visit?
5. Discuss the development of Gossimer Lake.
6. In addition to learning that his mom did not win the competition, what else does Toby learn about his mother in Chapter 8?
7. What is ironic about Kate's announcement that she passed her driver's test and now has her license?
8. What is exciting about the trailer that pulls into town in Chapter 1? Why is it exciting?
9. What is a unique effect the cotton gin has on Antler?
10. What is the town rumor about Ferris?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)