|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who encourages Cal to write a letter?
(a) Myrtie Mae.
2. Who considered becoming a preacher?
(a) Mr. McKnight.
(b) The sheriff.
(c) Toby's dad.
3. Who or what does the sheriff have with him in his patrol car as he drives by the sideshow line?
(a) A prisoner.
(b) Cal's brother.
(c) A dog.
(d) Toby's mother.
4. What is the sheriff's favorite animal?
5. What does the sideshow feature?
(a) The shortest boy in the world.
(b) The tallest boy in the world.
(c) A boy with a goat head.
(d) The fattest boy in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Toby sign the letter he writes in Chapter 8?
2. Who joins Toby and Mr. Wilson for lunch in Chapter 5?
3. What does Toby's dad serve for dinner in Chapter 3?
4. What human comparison does Tara use to try to understand the magnitude of the featured sideshow person?
5. Who gets kissed on the cheek at the end of Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Toby and Scarlett swing on her front porch, what does Scarlett talk about?
2. Why does Toby quickly march Tara out of the sideshow trailer on their first visit there?
3. In the letter from Wayne that Cal reads to Toby on top of the bowling alley, what does Wayne write about?
4. What is the town rumor about Miss Myrtie Mae?
5. Why does Mr. McKnight buy ladybugs?
6. Why is Toby's father still in his pajamas at the beginning of Chapter 9?
7. What is a unique effect the cotton gin has on Antler?
8. Discuss the development of Gossimer Lake.
9. What is the town rumor about Ferris?
10. Why is there often a dog in the sheriff's car?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)