|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the sideshow trailer stop when it rolls into town?
(a) Antler post office.
(b) The school parking lot.
(c) The library.
(d) Diary Maid parking lot.
2. Who does Toby receive a letter from in Chapter 11?
(a) His mother.
3. Who is the youngest of four kids?
4. In Antler, what often blows in the wind like snow?
(a) Shaved ice from the snow cone stands.
(b) Styrofoam from the factory.
(c) Cotton from the gin.
(d) Wood shavings from the logging industry.
5. How does Toby sign the letter he writes in Chapter 8?
(a) Love, Your Brother.
(b) Your secret admirer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When leaving the lookout post in Chapter 6, where does Toby have to stop for his dad?
2. Who joins Toby and Mr. Wilson for lunch in Chapter 5?
3. What is the appearance of the sideshow ticket salesperson?
4. Who gets hit in the bottom by a rock?
5. Who is not mentioned in the letter Toby writes in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strikes Toby as unusual when Zachary tells him about his travels in Paris? What does it make Toby think?
2. Why do the boys continue to leave food items on Zachary's steps?
3. What is the town rumor about Miss Myrtie Mae?
4. Why does Toby take Scarlett's sister to see the sideshow?
5. What is the goal Zachary shares with Cal and Toby when the sheriff takes them to visit?
6. Why does Toby quickly march Tara out of the sideshow trailer on their first visit there?
7. Why does Mr. McKnight buy ladybugs?
8. Discuss the development of Gossimer Lake.
9. Why is Toby awake extra early at the beginning of Chapter 9?
10. Why is Toby's father still in his pajamas at the beginning of Chapter 9?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)