|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets hit in the bottom by a rock?
2. To whom was Myrtie Mae rumored to be engaged?
(b) A doctor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) The sheriff.
3. Who built the dam at Gossimer Lake?
(a) The Shriners.
(b) The Girl Scouts.
(c) The First Baptist men's group.
(d) The Boy Scouts.
4. Who rode Toby's bike at the end of Chapter 4?
5. Who begins to make fun of the featured sideshow person?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes tickets at the sideshow?
2. Which book do Toby and Cal use as the authoritative resource in their research?
3. What kind of walls block off the sideshow boy from the visitors?
4. How does Cal awaken Toby on Saturdays?
5. Who picks up the grocery sack that has been left in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about the letter Toby writes in Chapter 8?
2. What are Antler's major downtown businesses?
3. Why does Cal always get up so early?
4. What is the town rumor about Ferris?
5. What amazes the boys about Zachary when they see him take the grocery sack from his steps?
6. What is the town rumor about Miss Myrtie Mae?
7. What is a unique effect the cotton gin has on Antler?
8. Why do the boys continue to leave food items on Zachary's steps?
9. What help does Zachary ask from Toby and Cal when the sheriff takes them to visit?
10. In addition to learning that his mom did not win the competition, what else does Toby learn about his mother in Chapter 8?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)