|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What heirloom does Toby give Scarlett?
(a) Diamond earrings.
(b) A pearl ring.
(c) A gold bracelet.
(d) A pearl necklace.
2. What does Toby eat for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(c) English muffins.
3. Who is cleaning out Zachary's septic tank?
(a) Mr. McKnight.
(b) Cal and Toby.
(c) Toby and Ferris.
(d) The sheriff and local plumber.
4. Who throws an apple at Toby?
(b) His father.
(c) The Judge.
5. What does Reverend Newton say when he visits Toby's family that surprises Toby's dad?
(a) That he wants Toby to mow the church yard.
(b) That Toby threw apples in Miss Myrtie Mae's yard.
(c) He wants to pray for them since the wife ran off.
(d) He heard about the fire at the Opry.
6. What does Toby do when he gets home from Zachary's baptism?
(a) Watches TV.
(b) Writes to his mother.
(c) Reads the Bible.
(d) Spends time with his dad.
7. Whose idea is it at the end of Chapter 13 to get Zachary baptized?
8. What do the boys build to help Zachary get into the truck?
(a) A ramp.
(c) A lift.
(d) A good relationship with him.
9. What revelation do Cal and Toby have when they fall into the lake?
(a) They really are best friends.
(b) All of the answers are correct.
(c) How they can get Zachary baptized.
(d) They can't find the bike.
10. Who is the photo of that Toby discusses with Miss Myrtie Mae?
(a) The governor.
(b) Her former fiance.
(c) The Judge.
(d) TJ, her grandfather.
11. Who arrives just as the friends are beginning the baptism?
(c) Toby's dad.
(d) The sheriff.
12. Which famous golfer is admired throughout this book?
(a) Robert Palmer.
(b) Lee Trevino.
(c) Jack Nicholas.
(d) Tiger Woods.
13. What does Cal throw at Toby at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Zachary's Bible.
(b) An apple.
(c) A book.
(d) 46 dollars.
14. Where did Toby's dad live before moving to Antler?
(a) Little Rock.
(b) New Orleans.
15. Why was Zachary's mother's funeral a media circus?
(a) Because of Zachary's size.
(b) Because she was a famous criminal.
(c) Because she was a famous singer.
(d) Because of her size.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Toby convince Ferris to preside over the baptism?
2. Which character is not at the ladybug event?
3. Who gave custody of Zachary to Paulie?
4. When does Toby mow Miss Myrtie Mae's yard in Chapter 20?
5. What does Toby realize in Chapter 19 that he needs to tell Cal?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)