|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Juan carry a golf club around?
(a) To whack people with.
(b) He likes golf.
(c) To help hide his limp.
(d) Because it belonged to his father.
2. Where do Cal and Toby decide to take Zachary in Chapter 13?
(a) To the drive-in movie.
(b) To a football game.
(c) To the city pool.
3. Where did Toby's dad live before moving to Antler?
(b) Little Rock.
(d) New Orleans.
4. What baptism requirements will keep Zachary from being baptized, according to Reverend Newton?
(a) He must be Baptist.
(b) He must go to church and respond to the altar call.
(c) He must attend church for a year first.
(d) He must wear a one-size-fits-all church robe.
5. Why did Toby go with Cal and Kate to the train depot?
(a) To pick up Wayne.
(b) To pick up Paulie.
(c) To pick up the ladybugs.
(d) To drop off Zachary.
6. Where do Toby and his father go for their Chapter 19 outing?
(a) Lake Kiezer.
(b) The school track.
(c) The country club.
(d) The bowling alley.
7. Why was Zachary's mother's funeral a media circus?
(a) Because she was a famous criminal.
(b) Because she was a famous singer.
(c) Because of Zachary's size.
(d) Because of her size.
8. What outing do Toby and his father go on in Chapter 19?
9. What does Toby do when he gets home from Zachary's baptism?
(a) Reads the Bible.
(b) Writes to his mother.
(c) Spends time with his dad.
(d) Watches TV.
10. When does Toby mow Miss Myrtie Mae's yard in Chapter 20?
(a) During a rain storm.
(b) Before dawn.
(c) At noon.
(d) After dark.
11. What do the boys build to help Zachary get into the truck?
(b) A ramp.
(c) A good relationship with him.
(d) A lift.
12. Who does Toby hang up on in Chapter 16?
(a) His mom.
13. Why does Scarlett visit Toby in Chapter 17?
(a) To ask him to babysit her little sister.
(b) To tell him she knows the truth about his mother.
(c) To give back his gift.
(d) To thank him again for the gift.
14. In the last letter Wayne sent, what does he warn the boys?
(a) To take care of the ladybugs.
(b) That best friends are hard to come by.
(c) That war is not fun and games.
(d) To go to college and get out of Antler.
15. What is in the bag that Kate takes from Zachary's trailer?
(a) Donation to the thrift store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the sheriff waiting at Zachary's trailer?
2. Who is in awe of the ladybug release?
3. What does Toby do with the letter he receives from his mother in Chapter 14?
4. Why doesn't Toby visit Cal in Chapter 16?
5. Who dies in Chapter 15?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)