|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Juan carry a golf club around?
(a) To help hide his limp.
(b) Because it belonged to his father.
(c) He likes golf.
(d) To whack people with.
2. During their father-son outing, what does Toby's father encourage him to do later that evening?
(a) Go to college.
(b) Eat a good dinner.
(c) Go to the ladybug release.
(d) Be with Cal when he goes through Wayne's belongings.
3. What day of the week is the state supposed to pick up Zachary to take him to foster care?
4. What does Toby do with the letter he receives from his mother in Chapter 14?
(a) Throws it in the garbage wtihout reading it.
(b) Reads it and throws it away.
(c) Tosses it onto his dresser, unopened.
(d) Tears it into pieces and leaves it on his dresser.
5. What are the photographs Toby and Cal see at the end of Chapter 22?
(a) Zachary's baptism.
(b) Zachary's travels around the world.
(c) The day Zachary came to town through the ladybug event.
(d) Toby's mom competing in the talent show.
6. In the last letter Wayne sent, what does he warn the boys?
(a) To take care of the ladybugs.
(b) To go to college and get out of Antler.
(c) That best friends are hard to come by.
(d) That war is not fun and games.
7. What night will Zachary be baptized?
8. What heirloom does Toby give Scarlett?
(a) A gold bracelet.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) A pearl ring.
(d) Diamond earrings.
9. Who throws an apple at Toby?
(a) The Judge.
(d) His father.
10. Whose idea is it at the end of Chapter 13 to get Zachary baptized?
11. Where do Toby and his father go for their Chapter 19 outing?
(a) The bowling alley.
(b) Lake Kiezer.
(c) The school track.
(d) The country club.
12. Why does Scarlett visit Toby in Chapter 17?
(a) To tell him she knows the truth about his mother.
(b) To ask him to babysit her little sister.
(c) To give back his gift.
(d) To thank him again for the gift.
13. What does Toby do when he gets home from Zachary's baptism?
(a) Spends time with his dad.
(b) Reads the Bible.
(c) Writes to his mother.
(d) Watches TV.
14. As Toby rides with his dad in Chapter 12, what does he miss?
(b) His mother's chatter.
(d) His mother's cooking.
15. Where do Cal and Toby decide to take Zachary in Chapter 13?
(a) To the drive-in movie.
(c) To a football game.
(d) To the city pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Toby go with Cal and Kate to the train depot?
2. What does Ferris confess to in Chapter 16?
3. Who does Toby first ask about how to get baptized?
4. Which character is not at the ladybug event?
5. Who gave custody of Zachary to Paulie?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)