|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Toby's dad live before moving to Antler?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) Little Rock.
2. What is in the bag that Kate takes from Zachary's trailer?
(a) Donation to the thrift store.
3. Who kicks a crate of ladybugs?
(b) Mrs. McKnight.
(c) Mr. McKnight.
4. What is Toby's religion?
5. What does Ferris confess to in Chapter 16?
(a) He turned off the water in Zachary's trailer.
(b) He had a big crush on Toby's mom.
(c) He shot his foot on purpose so he wouldn't have to go to war.
(d) He fired Toby's mom and that's why she left town.
6. What does Reverend Newton say when he visits Toby's family that surprises Toby's dad?
(a) He heard about the fire at the Opry.
(b) He wants to pray for them since the wife ran off.
(c) That Toby threw apples in Miss Myrtie Mae's yard.
(d) That he wants Toby to mow the church yard.
7. Which character gives an apology in Chapter 18?
8. Who does Toby first ask about how to get baptized?
(a) His father.
(c) Miss Myrtie Mae.
(d) The sheriff.
9. What baptism requirements will keep Zachary from being baptized, according to Reverend Newton?
(a) He must wear a one-size-fits-all church robe.
(b) He must go to church and respond to the altar call.
(c) He must be Baptist.
(d) He must attend church for a year first.
10. Why does Scarlett visit Toby in Chapter 17?
(a) To ask him to babysit her little sister.
(b) To thank him again for the gift.
(c) To give back his gift.
(d) To tell him she knows the truth about his mother.
11. Who calls Zachary a freak in Chapter 16?
12. Why doesn't Toby visit Cal in Chapter 16?
(a) He doesn't know what to say to Cal.
(b) Toby is still upset about not getting his gift back from Scarlett.
(c) Toby is grounded.
(d) He's mad at Cal.
13. Who is called the "nicest person in Antler" in Chapter 18?
14. How is Zachary transported to his baptism?
(a) By shopping cart.
(b) In a wagon.
(c) By pickup truck.
(d) By snow cone cart.
15. In the last letter Wayne sent, what does he warn the boys?
(a) That war is not fun and games.
(b) To take care of the ladybugs.
(c) That best friends are hard to come by.
(d) To go to college and get out of Antler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is not at the ladybug event?
2. Who seeks advice from Toby at the beginning of Chapter 18?
3. What does Toby's dad make for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 12?
4. Who does Toby hang up on in Chapter 16?
5. Why is the sheriff waiting at Zachary's trailer?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)