|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the bag that Kate takes from Zachary's trailer?
(a) Donation to the thrift store.
2. As Toby rides with his dad in Chapter 12, what does he miss?
(b) His mother's chatter.
(c) His mother's cooking.
3. Who drives the boys to their destination in Chapter 13?
(b) Toby's dad.
(d) Cal's dad.
4. Why did Toby go with Cal and Kate to the train depot?
(a) To pick up Paulie.
(b) To pick up Wayne.
(c) To pick up the ladybugs.
(d) To drop off Zachary.
5. What does Toby realize in Chapter 19 that he needs to tell Cal?
(a) That he wrote a letter to Wayne on his behalf.
(b) That he owed him $47.
(c) That his mother is not coming home.
(d) That he was afraid he'd say the wrong thing at the funeral.
6. Why is Toby's father not speaking to him at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) He's mad that he hung up on Cal.
(b) He's mad because Toby skipped the funeral.
(c) He's busy and left for work early.
(d) He's mad that Toby lied about the Opry fire.
7. In the last letter Wayne sent, what does he warn the boys?
(a) That best friends are hard to come by.
(b) That war is not fun and games.
(c) To go to college and get out of Antler.
(d) To take care of the ladybugs.
8. Where do Toby and his father go for their Chapter 19 outing?
(a) The school track.
(b) The country club.
(c) The bowling alley.
(d) Lake Kiezer.
9. Who kicks a crate of ladybugs?
(a) Mrs. McKnight.
(b) Mr. McKnight.
10. What are the photographs Toby and Cal see at the end of Chapter 22?
(a) The day Zachary came to town through the ladybug event.
(b) Toby's mom competing in the talent show.
(c) Zachary's baptism.
(d) Zachary's travels around the world.
11. What does Toby's dad make for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) English muffins.
12. Who is cleaning out Zachary's septic tank?
(a) Cal and Toby.
(b) Mr. McKnight.
(c) Toby and Ferris.
(d) The sheriff and local plumber.
13. Who gave custody of Zachary to Paulie?
(a) Zachary's jailed uncle.
(b) Zachary's father.
(c) An aunt who liked to travel.
(d) Zachary's mother.
14. How is Zachary transported to his baptism?
(a) By snow cone cart.
(b) By pickup truck.
(c) By shopping cart.
(d) In a wagon.
15. At the beginning of Chapter 13, how much time has passed since Paulie left?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two days.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Zachary a freak in Chapter 16?
2. What day of the week begins Chapter 12?
3. What day of the week is the state supposed to pick up Zachary to take him to foster care?
4. What does Ferris confess to in Chapter 16?
5. Who does Toby flatter by saying he is the strongest person Toby knows?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)