|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day of the week begins Chapter 12?
2. What does Toby's dad make for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(b) English muffins.
3. Why is Toby's father not speaking to him at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) He's mad that Toby lied about the Opry fire.
(b) He's mad that he hung up on Cal.
(c) He's busy and left for work early.
(d) He's mad because Toby skipped the funeral.
4. What does Mrs. McKnight say about Toby's mother?
(a) She is crazy to leave her family.
(b) She is selfish.
(c) She is brave to pursue her dream.
(d) She is a great singer.
5. Why was Zachary's mother's funeral a media circus?
(a) Because of Zachary's size.
(b) Because she was a famous criminal.
(c) Because she was a famous singer.
(d) Because of her size.
6. How is Zachary transported to his baptism?
(a) By shopping cart.
(b) By pickup truck.
(c) By snow cone cart.
(d) In a wagon.
7. Where are Toby and his dad going in Chapter 12?
(a) To a picnic at Cal's farm.
(b) To the post office.
(c) To deliver worms.
(d) To buy breakfast.
8. Why does Juan carry a golf club around?
(a) To whack people with.
(b) He likes golf.
(c) To help hide his limp.
(d) Because it belonged to his father.
9. Who kicks a crate of ladybugs?
(b) Mr. McKnight.
(d) Mrs. McKnight.
10. Who is cleaning out Zachary's septic tank?
(a) Toby and Ferris.
(b) The sheriff and local plumber.
(c) Mr. McKnight.
(d) Cal and Toby.
11. Who does Toby chase in Chapter 19?
(b) His father.
12. Who does Toby blindfold and give a ride on his bike?
13. Who is in awe of the ladybug release?
14. What are the photographs Toby and Cal see at the end of Chapter 22?
(a) Zachary's travels around the world.
(b) Zachary's baptism.
(c) Toby's mom competing in the talent show.
(d) The day Zachary came to town through the ladybug event.
15. What do the boys build to help Zachary get into the truck?
(a) A lift.
(c) A good relationship with him.
(d) A ramp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Zachary's middle name?
2. Who drives the boys to their destination in Chapter 13?
3. When does Toby mow Miss Myrtie Mae's yard in Chapter 20?
4. Who calls Zachary a freak in Chapter 16?
5. How does Toby convince Ferris to preside over the baptism?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)