|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Toby flatter by saying he is the strongest person Toby knows?
(c) The sheriff.
(d) His father.
2. Why is Toby's father not speaking to him at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) He's mad that Toby lied about the Opry fire.
(b) He's mad because Toby skipped the funeral.
(c) He's busy and left for work early.
(d) He's mad that he hung up on Cal.
3. Where are Toby and his dad going in Chapter 12?
(a) To the post office.
(b) To deliver worms.
(c) To a picnic at Cal's farm.
(d) To buy breakfast.
4. What does Mrs. McKnight say about Toby's mother?
(a) She is selfish.
(b) She is a great singer.
(c) She is brave to pursue her dream.
(d) She is crazy to leave her family.
5. Why does Toby race to Scarlett's house in Chapter 15?
(a) To see her one last time for the evening.
(b) To get her help with Zachary.
(c) To invite her to church.
(d) To get his gift to her back.
6. Who does Toby play ball with in Chapter 20?
(c) The Judge.
7. Which famous golfer is admired throughout this book?
(a) Tiger Woods.
(b) Jack Nicholas.
(c) Lee Trevino.
(d) Robert Palmer.
8. How is Zachary transported to his baptism?
(a) By snow cone cart.
(b) By shopping cart.
(c) By pickup truck.
(d) In a wagon.
9. What do the boys build to help Zachary get into the truck?
(a) A lift.
(b) A ramp.
(d) A good relationship with him.
10. What is the release of the ladybugs called?
(a) The Ladybug Palooza.
(c) The Ladybug Waltz.
(d) Ladybug Fest.
11. Who is in awe of the ladybug release?
12. When does Toby mow Miss Myrtie Mae's yard in Chapter 20?
(a) After dark.
(b) At noon.
(c) During a rain storm.
(d) Before dawn.
13. Why does Scarlett visit Toby in Chapter 17?
(a) To ask him to babysit her little sister.
(b) To tell him she knows the truth about his mother.
(c) To give back his gift.
(d) To thank him again for the gift.
14. As Toby rides with his dad in Chapter 12, what does he miss?
(c) His mother's chatter.
(d) His mother's cooking.
15. What outing do Toby and his father go on in Chapter 19?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Toby visit Cal in Chapter 16?
2. During their father-son outing, what does Toby's father encourage him to do later that evening?
3. What does Ferris confess to in Chapter 16?
4. How does Toby convince Ferris to preside over the baptism?
5. Which character gives an apology in Chapter 18?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)