|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day of the week begins Chapter 12?
2. How does Toby convince Ferris to preside over the baptism?
(b) With Scripture.
(d) By begging.
3. During their father-son outing, what does Toby's father encourage him to do later that evening?
(a) Go to the ladybug release.
(b) Be with Cal when he goes through Wayne's belongings.
(c) Go to college.
(d) Eat a good dinner.
4. What does Toby realize in Chapter 19 that he needs to tell Cal?
(a) That he owed him $47.
(b) That he was afraid he'd say the wrong thing at the funeral.
(c) That his mother is not coming home.
(d) That he wrote a letter to Wayne on his behalf.
5. What revelation do Cal and Toby have when they fall into the lake?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
(b) They really are best friends.
(c) How they can get Zachary baptized.
(d) They can't find the bike.
6. What is Toby's religion?
7. Who calls Zachary a freak in Chapter 16?
8. What does Toby do when he gets home from Zachary's baptism?
(a) Watches TV.
(b) Writes to his mother.
(c) Reads the Bible.
(d) Spends time with his dad.
9. What does Toby do with the letter he receives from his mother in Chapter 14?
(a) Tears it into pieces and leaves it on his dresser.
(b) Throws it in the garbage wtihout reading it.
(c) Reads it and throws it away.
(d) Tosses it onto his dresser, unopened.
10. As Toby rides with his dad in Chapter 12, what does he miss?
(b) His mother's cooking.
(c) His mother's chatter.
11. Who arrives just as the friends are beginning the baptism?
(a) The sheriff.
(d) Toby's dad.
12. Where do Toby and his father go for their Chapter 19 outing?
(a) The school track.
(b) The bowling alley.
(c) Lake Kiezer.
(d) The country club.
13. Who does Toby chase in Chapter 19?
(b) His father.
14. Who throws an apple at Toby?
(c) His father.
(d) The Judge.
15. Who does Toby blindfold and give a ride on his bike?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Cal and Toby decide to take Zachary in Chapter 13?
2. Why does Toby race to Scarlett's house in Chapter 15?
3. Who invites Toby and Cal to breakfast Monday morning after the ladybug release?
4. What does Reverend Newton say when he visits Toby's family that surprises Toby's dad?
5. What are the photographs Toby and Cal see at the end of Chapter 22?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)