|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave custody of Zachary to Paulie?
(a) Zachary's jailed uncle.
(b) Zachary's father.
(c) Zachary's mother.
(d) An aunt who liked to travel.
2. Where are Toby and his dad going in Chapter 12?
(a) To a picnic at Cal's farm.
(b) To deliver worms.
(c) To the post office.
(d) To buy breakfast.
3. When does Toby mow Miss Myrtie Mae's yard in Chapter 20?
(a) After dark.
(b) During a rain storm.
(c) Before dawn.
(d) At noon.
4. How does Toby convince Ferris to preside over the baptism?
(a) By begging.
(c) With Scripture.
5. During their father-son outing, what does Toby's father encourage him to do later that evening?
(a) Go to college.
(b) Eat a good dinner.
(c) Go to the ladybug release.
(d) Be with Cal when he goes through Wayne's belongings.
6. Who does Toby chase in Chapter 19?
(c) His father.
7. Why doesn't Toby visit Cal in Chapter 16?
(a) He's mad at Cal.
(b) Toby is still upset about not getting his gift back from Scarlett.
(c) He doesn't know what to say to Cal.
(d) Toby is grounded.
8. What day of the week is the state supposed to pick up Zachary to take him to foster care?
9. Who seeks advice from Toby at the beginning of Chapter 18?
10. What is the release of the ladybugs called?
(a) The Ladybug Waltz.
(b) Ladybug Fest.
(d) The Ladybug Palooza.
11. Whose idea is it at the end of Chapter 13 to get Zachary baptized?
12. What does Mrs. McKnight say about Toby's mother?
(a) She is crazy to leave her family.
(b) She is selfish.
(c) She is brave to pursue her dream.
(d) She is a great singer.
13. Who arrives just as the friends are beginning the baptism?
(a) The sheriff.
(d) Toby's dad.
14. Who is in awe of the ladybug release?
15. What does Ferris confess to in Chapter 16?
(a) He fired Toby's mom and that's why she left town.
(b) He turned off the water in Zachary's trailer.
(c) He had a big crush on Toby's mom.
(d) He shot his foot on purpose so he wouldn't have to go to war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Cal and Toby decide to take Zachary in Chapter 13?
2. Why is the sheriff waiting at Zachary's trailer?
3. What does Toby realize in Chapter 19 that he needs to tell Cal?
4. Why is Toby's father not speaking to him at the beginning of Chapter 17?
5. Who does Toby hang up on in Chapter 16?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)