|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the photographs Toby and Cal see at the end of Chapter 22?
(a) Zachary's baptism.
(b) The day Zachary came to town through the ladybug event.
(c) Zachary's travels around the world.
(d) Toby's mom competing in the talent show.
2. What does Toby eat for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(d) English muffins.
3. What does Toby do with the letter he receives from his mother in Chapter 14?
(a) Tears it into pieces and leaves it on his dresser.
(b) Tosses it onto his dresser, unopened.
(c) Throws it in the garbage wtihout reading it.
(d) Reads it and throws it away.
4. What outing do Toby and his father go on in Chapter 19?
5. What baptism requirements will keep Zachary from being baptized, according to Reverend Newton?
(a) He must wear a one-size-fits-all church robe.
(b) He must be Baptist.
(c) He must go to church and respond to the altar call.
(d) He must attend church for a year first.
6. Who does Toby flatter by saying he is the strongest person Toby knows?
(b) The sheriff.
(d) His father.
7. Who is cleaning out Zachary's septic tank?
(a) Mr. McKnight.
(b) The sheriff and local plumber.
(c) Toby and Ferris.
(d) Cal and Toby.
8. What does Toby realize in Chapter 19 that he needs to tell Cal?
(a) That he wrote a letter to Wayne on his behalf.
(b) That his mother is not coming home.
(c) That he was afraid he'd say the wrong thing at the funeral.
(d) That he owed him $47.
9. What revelation do Cal and Toby have when they fall into the lake?
(a) How they can get Zachary baptized.
(b) They really are best friends.
(c) They can't find the bike.
(d) All of the answers are correct.
10. What heirloom does Toby give Scarlett?
(a) A pearl ring.
(b) Diamond earrings.
(c) A gold bracelet.
(d) A pearl necklace.
11. Who calls Zachary a freak in Chapter 16?
12. Whose idea is it at the end of Chapter 13 to get Zachary baptized?
13. What does Toby's dad make for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(d) English muffins.
14. Which character gives an apology in Chapter 18?
15. Who dies in Chapter 15?
(a) Toby's mom.
(d) The Judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Cal and Toby decide to take Zachary in Chapter 13?
2. Why is Toby's father not speaking to him at the beginning of Chapter 17?
3. Who kicks a crate of ladybugs?
4. Who is called the "nicest person in Antler" in Chapter 18?
5. What does Toby do when he gets home from Zachary's baptism?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)