|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seeks advice from Toby at the beginning of Chapter 18?
2. What day of the week is the state supposed to pick up Zachary to take him to foster care?
3. What is Toby's religion?
4. Where do Cal and Toby decide to take Zachary in Chapter 13?
(a) To the city pool.
(b) To a football game.
(c) To the drive-in movie.
5. What does Toby's dad make for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(d) English muffins.
6. Who does Toby hang up on in Chapter 16?
(b) His mom.
7. Who does Toby play ball with in Chapter 20?
(a) The Judge.
8. What does Toby realize in Chapter 19 that he needs to tell Cal?
(a) That he was afraid he'd say the wrong thing at the funeral.
(b) That his mother is not coming home.
(c) That he owed him $47.
(d) That he wrote a letter to Wayne on his behalf.
9. Who gave custody of Zachary to Paulie?
(a) An aunt who liked to travel.
(b) Zachary's father.
(c) Zachary's mother.
(d) Zachary's jailed uncle.
10. What heirloom does Toby give Scarlett?
(a) A gold bracelet.
(b) Diamond earrings.
(c) A pearl necklace.
(d) A pearl ring.
11. Which famous golfer is admired throughout this book?
(a) Robert Palmer.
(b) Lee Trevino.
(c) Tiger Woods.
(d) Jack Nicholas.
12. Who is the photo of that Toby discusses with Miss Myrtie Mae?
(a) The Judge.
(b) The governor.
(c) TJ, her grandfather.
(d) Her former fiance.
13. How is Zachary transported to his baptism?
(a) By snow cone cart.
(b) By shopping cart.
(c) In a wagon.
(d) By pickup truck.
14. Who does Toby flatter by saying he is the strongest person Toby knows?
(c) The sheriff.
(d) His father.
15. What does Reverend Newton say when he visits Toby's family that surprises Toby's dad?
(a) He wants to pray for them since the wife ran off.
(b) That he wants Toby to mow the church yard.
(c) That Toby threw apples in Miss Myrtie Mae's yard.
(d) He heard about the fire at the Opry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cal throw at Toby at the end of Chapter 16?
2. Where did Toby's dad live before moving to Antler?
3. Where are Toby and his dad going in Chapter 12?
4. What does Toby do when he gets home from Zachary's baptism?
5. What revelation do Cal and Toby have when they fall into the lake?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)