|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose idea is it at the end of Chapter 13 to get Zachary baptized?
2. What does Toby eat for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(c) English muffins.
3. What does Zachary say that shows Toby he is lying about all his travels?
(a) That he usually travels by limousine.
(b) That he saw this movie already in London, France.
(c) All the answers are correct.
(d) That he goes to movies all the time.
4. Why does Juan carry a golf club around?
(a) Because it belonged to his father.
(b) To whack people with.
(c) He likes golf.
(d) To help hide his limp.
5. Who invites Toby and Cal to breakfast Monday morning after the ladybug release?
(c) The Sheriff.
(d) Miss Myrtie Mae.
6. Who is called the "nicest person in Antler" in Chapter 18?
7. What is Toby's religion?
8. What baptism requirements will keep Zachary from being baptized, according to Reverend Newton?
(a) He must be Baptist.
(b) He must go to church and respond to the altar call.
(c) He must wear a one-size-fits-all church robe.
(d) He must attend church for a year first.
9. What does Cal throw at Toby at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) 46 dollars.
(b) Zachary's Bible.
(c) An apple.
(d) A book.
10. Who does Toby first ask about how to get baptized?
(a) The sheriff.
(c) Miss Myrtie Mae.
(d) His father.
11. In the last letter Wayne sent, what does he warn the boys?
(a) To go to college and get out of Antler.
(b) That best friends are hard to come by.
(c) To take care of the ladybugs.
(d) That war is not fun and games.
12. What is in the bag that Kate takes from Zachary's trailer?
(a) Donation to the thrift store.
13. Where did Toby's dad live before moving to Antler?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) Little Rock.
14. What does Toby realize in Chapter 19 that he needs to tell Cal?
(a) That he was afraid he'd say the wrong thing at the funeral.
(b) That he wrote a letter to Wayne on his behalf.
(c) That his mother is not coming home.
(d) That he owed him $47.
15. What does Toby's dad make for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(c) English muffins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What revelation do Cal and Toby have when they fall into the lake?
2. What about the baptism makes Zachary very happy?
3. As Toby rides with his dad in Chapter 12, what does he miss?
4. Who throws an apple at Toby?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 13, how much time has passed since Paulie left?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)