|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which famous golfer is admired throughout this book?
(a) Jack Nicholas.
(b) Tiger Woods.
(c) Robert Palmer.
(d) Lee Trevino.
2. What is the release of the ladybugs called?
(a) Ladybug Fest.
(b) The Ladybug Palooza.
(c) The Ladybug Waltz.
3. Who invites Toby and Cal to breakfast Monday morning after the ladybug release?
(a) Miss Myrtie Mae.
(c) The Sheriff.
4. Why is the sheriff waiting at Zachary's trailer?
(a) To arrest the kids for breaking curfew.
(b) To let him know Paulie will return in a few more days.
(c) To arrest the kids for being in the lake.
(d) To take him to social services.
5. During their father-son outing, what does Toby's father encourage him to do later that evening?
(a) Eat a good dinner.
(b) Go to college.
(c) Be with Cal when he goes through Wayne's belongings.
(d) Go to the ladybug release.
6. Who throws an apple at Toby?
(a) His father.
(c) The Judge.
7. Why does Scarlett visit Toby in Chapter 17?
(a) To ask him to babysit her little sister.
(b) To thank him again for the gift.
(c) To give back his gift.
(d) To tell him she knows the truth about his mother.
8. In the last letter Wayne sent, what does he warn the boys?
(a) To take care of the ladybugs.
(b) That war is not fun and games.
(c) To go to college and get out of Antler.
(d) That best friends are hard to come by.
9. What does Toby eat for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(c) English muffins.
10. Why was Zachary's mother's funeral a media circus?
(a) Because of Zachary's size.
(b) Because of her size.
(c) Because she was a famous singer.
(d) Because she was a famous criminal.
11. Which character is not at the ladybug event?
(a) Miss Myrtie Mae.
12. What does Reverend Newton say when he visits Toby's family that surprises Toby's dad?
(a) He heard about the fire at the Opry.
(b) That he wants Toby to mow the church yard.
(c) He wants to pray for them since the wife ran off.
(d) That Toby threw apples in Miss Myrtie Mae's yard.
13. What about the baptism makes Zachary very happy?
(a) When Ferris signs his Bible.
(b) Getting out of the water.
(c) Lack of media attention.
(d) Having his friends there.
14. What does Toby realize in Chapter 19 that he needs to tell Cal?
(a) That he wrote a letter to Wayne on his behalf.
(b) That his mother is not coming home.
(c) That he was afraid he'd say the wrong thing at the funeral.
(d) That he owed him $47.
15. Who kicks a crate of ladybugs?
(c) Mrs. McKnight.
(d) Mr. McKnight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week begins Chapter 12?
2. Who is in awe of the ladybug release?
3. When does Toby mow Miss Myrtie Mae's yard in Chapter 20?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 13, how much time has passed since Paulie left?
5. What does Zachary say that shows Toby he is lying about all his travels?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)