|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their father-son outing, what does Toby's father encourage him to do later that evening?
(a) Eat a good dinner.
(b) Be with Cal when he goes through Wayne's belongings.
(c) Go to the ladybug release.
(d) Go to college.
2. What does Toby's dad make for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(d) English muffins.
3. What day of the week is the state supposed to pick up Zachary to take him to foster care?
4. Who does Toby blindfold and give a ride on his bike?
5. What does Ferris confess to in Chapter 16?
(a) He turned off the water in Zachary's trailer.
(b) He shot his foot on purpose so he wouldn't have to go to war.
(c) He had a big crush on Toby's mom.
(d) He fired Toby's mom and that's why she left town.
6. What does Cal throw at Toby at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Zachary's Bible.
(b) An apple.
(c) A book.
(d) 46 dollars.
7. What day of the week begins Chapter 12?
8. As Toby rides with his dad in Chapter 12, what does he miss?
(a) His mother's chatter.
(d) His mother's cooking.
9. Who calls Zachary a freak in Chapter 16?
10. What are the photographs Toby and Cal see at the end of Chapter 22?
(a) Toby's mom competing in the talent show.
(b) Zachary's travels around the world.
(c) The day Zachary came to town through the ladybug event.
(d) Zachary's baptism.
11. Who does Toby hang up on in Chapter 16?
(d) His mom.
12. Where are Toby and his dad going in Chapter 12?
(a) To buy breakfast.
(b) To deliver worms.
(c) To a picnic at Cal's farm.
(d) To the post office.
13. What does Toby do with the letter he receives from his mother in Chapter 14?
(a) Reads it and throws it away.
(b) Throws it in the garbage wtihout reading it.
(c) Tosses it onto his dresser, unopened.
(d) Tears it into pieces and leaves it on his dresser.
14. Who throws an apple at Toby?
(a) His father.
(c) The Judge.
15. Where did Toby's dad live before moving to Antler?
(a) New Orleans.
(d) Little Rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the bag that Kate takes from Zachary's trailer?
2. Why doesn't Toby visit Cal in Chapter 16?
3. What does Zachary say that shows Toby he is lying about all his travels?
4. What does Reverend Newton say when he visits Toby's family that surprises Toby's dad?
5. What does Toby realize in Chapter 19 that he needs to tell Cal?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)