|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Toby's father not speaking to him at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) He's mad because Toby skipped the funeral.
(b) He's busy and left for work early.
(c) He's mad that he hung up on Cal.
(d) He's mad that Toby lied about the Opry fire.
2. How does Toby convince Ferris to preside over the baptism?
(a) By begging.
(b) With Scripture.
3. What is the release of the ladybugs called?
(a) The Ladybug Waltz.
(b) The Ladybug Palooza.
(c) Ladybug Fest.
4. What outing do Toby and his father go on in Chapter 19?
5. What about the baptism makes Zachary very happy?
(a) Having his friends there.
(b) Getting out of the water.
(c) When Ferris signs his Bible.
(d) Lack of media attention.
6. Who is cleaning out Zachary's septic tank?
(a) Cal and Toby.
(b) The sheriff and local plumber.
(c) Toby and Ferris.
(d) Mr. McKnight.
7. Which famous golfer is admired throughout this book?
(a) Jack Nicholas.
(b) Lee Trevino.
(c) Tiger Woods.
(d) Robert Palmer.
8. What revelation do Cal and Toby have when they fall into the lake?
(a) How they can get Zachary baptized.
(b) They can't find the bike.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
(d) They really are best friends.
9. Whose idea is it at the end of Chapter 13 to get Zachary baptized?
10. When does Toby mow Miss Myrtie Mae's yard in Chapter 20?
(a) At noon.
(b) After dark.
(c) Before dawn.
(d) During a rain storm.
11. Who seeks advice from Toby at the beginning of Chapter 18?
12. Where do Cal and Toby decide to take Zachary in Chapter 13?
(a) To the drive-in movie.
(c) To the city pool.
(d) To a football game.
13. What does Reverend Newton say when he visits Toby's family that surprises Toby's dad?
(a) That Toby threw apples in Miss Myrtie Mae's yard.
(b) He heard about the fire at the Opry.
(c) That he wants Toby to mow the church yard.
(d) He wants to pray for them since the wife ran off.
14. At the beginning of Chapter 13, how much time has passed since Paulie left?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two months.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
15. Who is the photo of that Toby discusses with Miss Myrtie Mae?
(a) The governor.
(b) Her former fiance.
(c) The Judge.
(d) TJ, her grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Juan carry a golf club around?
2. Who is called the "nicest person in Antler" in Chapter 18?
3. Which character is not at the ladybug event?
4. Who gave custody of Zachary to Paulie?
5. What day of the week begins Chapter 12?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)