Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Toby and Cal go to see all of Antler?
(a) Gossimer Lake.
(b) The second floor of Toby's house.
(c) The highest fire escape at the school.
(d) The bowling alley roof.
2. How do Toby and Cal pass time while waiting at their lookout post?
(a) By measuring things.
(b) By eating.
(c) By playing video games.
(d) By making up stories about Paulie.
3. What do the children notice on a bookshelf?
(a) Mostly mystery books.
(b) Lots of comic books.
(c) Some puzzles and a few books.
(d) Lots of encyclopedias and a gold box.
4. What one item in the trailer looks like it is not sterile?
(a) A bookshelf.
(b) The lighting.
(c) The plexiglass.
(d) The door.
5. What kind of flag is in front of Cal's house?
(a) A windsock flag.
(b) A decorative one with an M on it.
(c) A Confederate flag.
(d) An American flag.
6. What has caused Antler's population to decrease?
(a) A super store closed all the small businesses.
(b) Farm foreclosures.
(c) Industry layoffs.
(d) All of the answers are correct.
7. Which boy is left alone at the end of Chapter 4?
8. What does the sideshow feature?
(a) The tallest boy in the world.
(b) A boy with a goat head.
(c) The shortest boy in the world.
(d) The fattest boy in the world.
9. What does Cal leave on the steps of Zachary's trailer?
(a) A snow cone.
(b) A burger.
(c) A chocolate milk shake.
(d) A piece of chicken.
10. How does Zachary explain the lack of minister notes in his Bible?
(a) He said he was almost baptized.
(b) He said the minister couldn't write.
(c) He couldn't find the Bible when he got baptized.
(d) The minister didn't speak English.
11. Why does Toby pick up the dropped item he finds in Chapter 6?
(a) To return it to Cal.
(b) To give it to Zachary to eat.
(c) To spend it at the store.
(d) To throw it away.
12. Why is Mr. Wilson in a good mood in Chapter 5?
(a) Because he won a big case in court.
(b) Because he won the town's lottery.
(c) Because the post office was closed for a holiday.
(d) Because Lee Trevino won the British Open.
13. Where does Cal live?
(a) Right beside the Dairy Maid.
(b) By the cotton gin.
(c) Next door to Toby.
(d) Across the street from Scarlett.
14. Who stops the people from teasing Zachary in Chapter 7?
(a) Miss Myrtie Mae.
(b) The Sheriff.
(d) Toby and Cal.
15. Who phones while Toby is at Scarlett's house?
(c) Miss Myrtie Mae.
(d) The Sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is a reformed alcoholic?
2. Who breaks the trailer window?
3. Who gets asked to dance in Chapter 8?
4. What do Toby and Cal want to research at the library?
5. Why is Kate the last Antler High School junior to get her driver's license?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)