Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the competition Toby's mom was in held?
(b) Sun Records.
(c) 16th Avenue.
(d) Ryman Auditorium.
2. What cleaning product is smelled when Toby and friends enter the sideshow trailer?
(c) Mr. Clean.
(d) Tide with bleach.
3. What does Miss Myrtie May serve for lunch in Chapter 9?
(a) Turkey gelatin salad.
(b) Chicken salad.
(c) Club salad.
(d) Potato salad.
4. Where does Mr. Wilson take Toby for lunch in Chapter 5?
(a) To the town's Mexican restaurant.
(b) The bowling alley diner.
(c) Gossimer Lake for a picnic.
(d) The Dairy Maid.
5. Whose sister does Toby take to see the sideshow?
6. How does Zachary explain the lack of minister notes in his Bible?
(a) The minister didn't speak English.
(b) He said he was almost baptized.
(c) He said the minister couldn't write.
(d) He couldn't find the Bible when he got baptized.
7. What favor does Scarlett ask of Toby in Chapter 10?
(a) To take some dinner to Zachary.
(b) To dance with her.
(c) To take her sister to see Zachary.
(d) To kiss her cheek.
8. When leaving the lookout post in Chapter 6, where does Toby have to stop for his dad?
(a) The post office.
(b) The Dairy Maid.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The bowling alley.
9. What was made of the foil taken from the cake?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A crown.
(d) A bird feeder.
10. What does Toby learn in the letter he receives in Chapter 11?
(a) That his mother is not coming home.
(b) The Cal knows Toby wrote a letter on his behalf.
(c) That Paulie is mad because he's been hanging out with Zachary.
(d) That Wayne wants Cal to write to him.
11. What is the sheriff's favorite animal?
12. Who hits Zachary's trailer?
(a) Senior boys.
(b) Fourth graders.
(c) Cal and Toby.
(d) Junior high girls.
13. Who gets kissed on the cheek at the end of Chapter 8?
14. To whom was Myrtie Mae rumored to be engaged?
(b) The sheriff.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A lawyer.
15. What has caused Antler's population to decrease?
(a) Industry layoffs.
(b) A super store closed all the small businesses.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
(d) Farm foreclosures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Toby and Cal spying on at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. What kind of car does Wayne own?
3. Where do Toby and Cal go to see all of Antler?
4. Who encourages Cal to write a letter?
5. Who mows the school lawn in Chapter 4?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)