|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who considered becoming a preacher?
(a) Toby's dad.
(b) The sheriff.
(d) Mr. McKnight.
2. When Toby and Cal leave their lookout post in Chapter 6, what is dropped?
(a) A quarter.
(b) A candy bar.
(c) A letter.
(d) A dollar.
3. What does Miss Myrtie May serve for lunch in Chapter 9?
(a) Chicken salad.
(b) Club salad.
(c) Turkey gelatin salad.
(d) Potato salad.
4. Where does Toby go in Chapter 8 after dropping his letter in the mail?
(a) Gossip Lake.
(b) Gossimer Lake.
(c) Gosley Lake.
(d) Gossling Lake.
5. What has caused Antler's population to decrease?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
(b) Industry layoffs.
(c) Farm foreclosures.
(d) A super store closed all the small businesses.
6. What was made of the foil taken from the cake?
(a) A crown.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A bird feeder.
(d) A bracelet.
7. Who wants to get out of the sideshow line to get something to eat?
8. Which boy is left alone at the end of Chapter 4?
9. Why is Mr. Wilson in a good mood in Chapter 5?
(a) Because he won a big case in court.
(b) Because he won the town's lottery.
(c) Because Lee Trevino won the British Open.
(d) Because the post office was closed for a holiday.
10. Where do Toby and Cal leave a sack of groceries?
(a) At the food pantry.
(b) On Zachary's step.
(c) At the bowling alley.
(d) At the grocery store.
11. What does Toby's dad ask him to take to Mrs. McKnight?
(a) A cup of coffee grounds.
(b) A bouquet of roses.
(c) A cup of sugar.
(d) A bucket of worms.
12. Where does Cal live?
(a) Next door to Toby.
(b) Across the street from Scarlett.
(c) By the cotton gin.
(d) Right beside the Dairy Maid.
13. Who has Toby had a crush on for a long time?
14. How does Toby sign the letter he writes in Chapter 8?
(c) Love, Your Brother.
(d) Your secret admirer.
15. What does Cal think Zachary is lying about in Chapter 7?
(a) Being baptised.
(b) How he got all his baseball cards.
(c) Weighing 600 lbs.
(d) Having a girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett do when her sister tells what Toby did in her room?
2. How does Zachary explain the lack of minister notes in his Bible?
3. Who talks with Toby at the lake?
4. What kind of walls block off the sideshow boy from the visitors?
5. What do Toby and Cal want to research at the library?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)