|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What one item in the trailer looks like it is not sterile?
(a) A bookshelf.
(b) The door.
(c) The plexiglass.
(d) The lighting.
2. Who wants to get out of the sideshow line to get something to eat?
3. As Toby recalls the night his mother packed, what song does he remember her singing?
(a) "Hey, Good Looking."
(b) "That's All Right, Mama."
(c) "Amazing Grace."
(d) "All My Exes Live in Texas."
4. Where do Toby and Cal go to see all of Antler?
(a) Gossimer Lake.
(b) The second floor of Toby's house.
(c) The bowling alley roof.
(d) The highest fire escape at the school.
5. Who tells the boys that Kate passed her driving test?
(a) Mr. McKnight.
(b) The sheriff.
6. How do the boys know the grocery bag has been seen?
(a) The food pantry manager thanked them for the donation.
(b) They see Zachary move the curtain.
(c) Ferris said an old lady left with it.
(d) The grocery store manager said he took it to Zachary by mistake.
7. What does Cal see when he peeks inside Zachary's gold box?
(b) A Bible.
(d) Baseball card collection.
8. How does Toby sign the letter he writes in Chapter 8?
(a) Your secret admirer.
(d) Love, Your Brother.
9. Where does Mr. Wilson take Toby for lunch in Chapter 5?
(a) The bowling alley diner.
(b) Gossimer Lake for a picnic.
(c) To the town's Mexican restaurant.
(d) The Dairy Maid.
10. Why does Paulie give Ferris an envelope of money?
(a) To keep him from telling who robbed the bowling alley.
(b) To pay off a fine.
(c) To pay rent for his trailer.
(d) To pay for utilities and food for Zachary.
11. Who gets asked to dance in Chapter 8?
12. What does Cal leave on the steps of Zachary's trailer?
(a) A burger.
(b) A snow cone.
(c) A chocolate milk shake.
(d) A piece of chicken.
13. Who mows the school lawn in Chapter 4?
(b) The town bully.
14. Who built the dam at Gossimer Lake?
(a) The Girl Scouts.
(b) The First Baptist men's group.
(c) The Boy Scouts.
(d) The Shriners.
15. What famous French landmark does Zachary tell Cal and Toby about in Chapter 11?
(a) The Taj Mahal.
(b) The Louvre.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) Big Ben.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sideshow boy doing while viewers stop by to see him?
2. Who encourages Cal to write a letter?
3. What soundtrack is Kate listening to while sewing in Chapter 4?
4. Where does Toby go in Chapter 8 after dropping his letter in the mail?
5. What is the appearance of the sideshow ticket salesperson?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)