|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate run over when pulling out of her driveway in Chapter 5?
(a) Cal's bike.
(b) Billy's skateboard.
(c) A doll.
(d) The mailbox.
2. Who gets asked to dance in Chapter 8?
3. What does the sideshow feature?
(a) The shortest boy in the world.
(b) The tallest boy in the world.
(c) A boy with a goat head.
(d) The fattest boy in the world.
4. Why does Paulie give Ferris an envelope of money?
(a) To keep him from telling who robbed the bowling alley.
(b) To pay rent for his trailer.
(c) To pay for utilities and food for Zachary.
(d) To pay off a fine.
5. Who agrees to cut Myrtie Mae's lawn throughout the summer?
6. What cuts the lakeside dance short in Chapter 8?
(a) The radio batteries die.
(b) A girlfriend.
(d) A boyfriend.
7. Who is the youngest of four kids?
8. What kind of car does Wayne own?
(a) A Mustang.
(b) A Vega.
(c) A Thunderbird.
(d) A Corvette.
9. What was made of the foil taken from the cake?
(a) A crown.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A bird feeder.
10. What is the sideshow boy doing while viewers stop by to see him?
(a) Eating a pizza.
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Talking to them.
(d) Watching TV.
11. What does Miss Myrtie May serve for lunch in Chapter 9?
(a) Potato salad.
(b) Club salad.
(c) Chicken salad.
(d) Turkey gelatin salad.
12. Who almost gets in trouble while viewing the sideshow?
13. Where do Toby and Cal go to see all of Antler?
(a) The highest fire escape at the school.
(b) The bowling alley roof.
(c) The second floor of Toby's house.
(d) Gossimer Lake.
14. Why do the children stay in line instead of going to eat?
(a) They don't have enough money to eat, plus see the sideshow.
(b) They don't want to lose their place in line.
(c) There's nothing good to eat.
(d) Because no one ever stays in Antler very long. They didn't want to miss the show.
15. Where does Cal live?
(a) By the cotton gin.
(b) Next door to Toby.
(c) Across the street from Scarlett.
(d) Right beside the Dairy Maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets kissed on the cheek at the end of Chapter 8?
2. Who rode Toby's bike at the end of Chapter 4?
3. Who takes tickets at the sideshow?
4. What does Cal see when he peeks inside Zachary's gold box?
5. Which day of the week will Myrtie Mae's lawn get cut?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)