|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When leaving the lookout post in Chapter 6, where does Toby have to stop for his dad?
(a) The Dairy Maid.
(b) The post office.
(c) The bowling alley.
(d) The grocery store.
2. Which day of the week will Myrtie Mae's lawn get cut?
3. How does Zachary explain the lack of minister notes in his Bible?
(a) The minister didn't speak English.
(b) He said he was almost baptized.
(c) He said the minister couldn't write.
(d) He couldn't find the Bible when he got baptized.
4. Who does Toby write to in Chapter 8?
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. Who is planning to meet Juan in Chapter 1?
6. What do Toby and Cal see as Mr. Wilson drives them away from Zachary's trailer?
(a) The sheriff stopping at Zachary's trailer.
(b) Zachary reaches out to get the food off the step.
(c) Kate taking her driving test.
(d) A billboard with Toby's mom on it.
7. Where is Antler located?
(a) In the Texas panhandle.
(b) In the Arkansas panhandle.
(c) In the Oklahoma panhandle.
(d) In the Florida panhandle.
8. What does Scarlett do when her sister tells what Toby did in her room?
(a) She asks why he was sniffing her lip gloss.
(b) She chastises him for using someone else's brush.
(c) She dismisses her little sister.
(d) She tells Toby to get out.
9. Where does Cal live?
(a) By the cotton gin.
(b) Next door to Toby.
(c) Across the street from Scarlett.
(d) Right beside the Dairy Maid.
10. What does Toby learn in the letter he receives in Chapter 11?
(a) That his mother is not coming home.
(b) That Paulie is mad because he's been hanging out with Zachary.
(c) The Cal knows Toby wrote a letter on his behalf.
(d) That Wayne wants Cal to write to him.
11. What makes Toby happy in Chapter 8?
(a) Zachary calls and invites him over.
(b) Lightning bugs at the lake.
(c) Scarlett has broken up with Juan.
(d) Tara said she thinks he's cute.
12. Who are Toby and Cal spying on at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(b) Myrtie Mae.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) Mr. McKnight.
13. What do Toby and Cal take to their lookout spot in the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) A hand held video game.
(b) A tape measure.
14. As Toby recalls the night his mother packed, what song does he remember her singing?
(a) "That's All Right, Mama."
(b) "All My Exes Live in Texas."
(c) "Hey, Good Looking."
(d) "Amazing Grace."
15. How do the boys know the grocery bag has been seen?
(a) They see Zachary move the curtain.
(b) The food pantry manager thanked them for the donation.
(c) Ferris said an old lady left with it.
(d) The grocery store manager said he took it to Zachary by mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops the people from teasing Zachary in Chapter 7?
2. What does Cal leave on the steps of Zachary's trailer?
3. Who picks up the grocery sack that has been left in Chapter 6?
4. Who do Cal and Toby shout names at in Chapter 4?
5. What gets torn when Cal disturbs Kate in Chapter 4?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)