|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Cal and Toby shout names at in Chapter 4?
(a) The town bully.
2. Where does Toby go in Chapter 8 after dropping his letter in the mail?
(a) Gossling Lake.
(b) Gossimer Lake.
(c) Gosley Lake.
(d) Gossip Lake.
3. What has caused Antler's population to decrease?
(a) Industry layoffs.
(b) Farm foreclosures.
(c) A super store closed all the small businesses.
(d) All of the answers are correct.
4. What one item in the trailer looks like it is not sterile?
(a) The lighting.
(b) The plexiglass.
(c) A bookshelf.
(d) The door.
5. What is the sheriff's favorite animal?
6. What makes Toby happy in Chapter 8?
(a) Lightning bugs at the lake.
(b) Scarlett has broken up with Juan.
(c) Zachary calls and invites him over.
(d) Tara said she thinks he's cute.
7. What was made of the foil taken from the cake?
(a) A bird feeder.
(b) A crown.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A necklace.
8. Who takes tickets at the sideshow?
(d) Mr. Jones.
9. What kind of walls block off the sideshow boy from the visitors?
(d) Wooden with viewing holes cut in.
10. Why does Paulie give Ferris an envelope of money?
(a) To pay off a fine.
(b) To keep him from telling who robbed the bowling alley.
(c) To pay rent for his trailer.
(d) To pay for utilities and food for Zachary.
11. Which of the following businesses is NOT part of downtown Antler?
(a) Real estate office.
(b) Cotton gin.
(c) Bowling alley.
(d) Dairy Maid.
12. Why does Toby get mad at Scarlett in Chapter 10?
(a) For telling Cal he is not there.
(b) For telling Miss Myrtie May that Toby does not have a cake with him.
(c) For telling Juan he is there.
(d) For telling the Sheriff he is there.
13. What does Toby realize when he drinks his first ever cup of coffee?
(a) It gives him indigestion.
(b) He likes it with cream.
(c) It makes him jittery.
(d) He doesn't like it.
14. What do Toby and Cal want to research at the library?
(a) The population of nearby towns.
(b) Colleges that will get them far from Antler.
(c) Whether Zachary Beaver is the fattest kid in the world.
(d) The cost of area amusement parks to plan a day trip.
15. Which war did the bowling alley owner miss due to an injury?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Antler, what often blows in the wind like snow?
2. What human comparison does Tara use to try to understand the magnitude of the featured sideshow person?
3. How do Toby and Cal pass time while waiting at their lookout post?
4. Where is the farm that Cal's father owns?
5. As Toby sits at the lake in Chapter 3, what keeps him from wading into it?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)