|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Toby and Cal spying on at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Mr. McKnight.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) Myrtie Mae.
2. How much does it cost to view the sideshow?
3. What cuts the lakeside dance short in Chapter 8?
(a) The radio batteries die.
(c) A girlfriend.
(d) A boyfriend.
4. Where does Toby go in Chapter 8 after dropping his letter in the mail?
(a) Gossling Lake.
(b) Gossimer Lake.
(c) Gossip Lake.
(d) Gosley Lake.
5. Where was the competition Toby's mom was in held?
(b) Sun Records.
(c) Ryman Auditorium.
(d) 16th Avenue.
6. In Antler, what often blows in the wind like snow?
(a) Shaved ice from the snow cone stands.
(b) Wood shavings from the logging industry.
(c) Cotton from the gin.
(d) Styrofoam from the factory.
7. How does Toby's mother finish in the singing competition?
(a) She loses all together.
(b) She wins.
(c) She places third.
(d) She places second.
8. Why is Mr. Wilson in a good mood in Chapter 5?
(a) Because he won the town's lottery.
(b) Because he won a big case in court.
(c) Because Lee Trevino won the British Open.
(d) Because the post office was closed for a holiday.
9. Why do the children stay in line instead of going to eat?
(a) They don't have enough money to eat, plus see the sideshow.
(b) There's nothing good to eat.
(c) They don't want to lose their place in line.
(d) Because no one ever stays in Antler very long. They didn't want to miss the show.
10. What does Toby do when he enters Scarlett's bedroom?
(a) Sprays her perfume to smell it.
(b) Gawks at himself in the mirror.
(c) Sniffs her lip gloss.
(d) Uses her hair brush.
11. What does Toby's dad ask him to take to Mrs. McKnight?
(a) A cup of coffee grounds.
(b) A bouquet of roses.
(c) A bucket of worms.
(d) A cup of sugar.
12. Who is the youngest of four kids?
13. In Chapter 8, who breaks a date without giving a reason?
14. Who sticks up for the featured sideshow person when another child begins to taunt?
15. Who stops the people from teasing Zachary in Chapter 7?
(a) The Sheriff.
(b) Toby and Cal.
(d) Miss Myrtie Mae.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate run over when pulling out of her driveway in Chapter 5?
2. What do the children notice on a bookshelf?
3. What was hauling the sideshow trailer?
4. Who almost gets in trouble while viewing the sideshow?
5. What does Scarlett do when her sister tells what Toby did in her room?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)