|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cal see when he peeks inside Zachary's gold box?
(a) A Bible.
(d) Baseball card collection.
2. Who does Toby receive a letter from in Chapter 11?
(b) His mother.
3. Where does Cal live?
(a) By the cotton gin.
(b) Next door to Toby.
(c) Right beside the Dairy Maid.
(d) Across the street from Scarlett.
4. What soundtrack is Kate listening to while sewing in Chapter 4?
(a) Beach Blanket Bingo.
(b) The Wizard of Oz.
(c) Saturday Night Fever.
(d) The Sound of Music.
5. Who hits Zachary's trailer?
(a) Fourth graders.
(b) Junior high girls.
(c) Cal and Toby.
(d) Senior boys.
6. Who begins to make fun of the featured sideshow person?
7. Who talks with Toby at the lake?
8. Who or what does the sheriff have with him in his patrol car as he drives by the sideshow line?
(a) A prisoner.
(b) Cal's brother.
(c) Toby's mother.
(d) A dog.
9. What do Toby and Cal take to their lookout spot in the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) A hand held video game.
(c) A tape measure.
10. How do Toby and Cal pass time while waiting at their lookout post?
(a) By measuring things.
(b) By playing video games.
(c) By making up stories about Paulie.
(d) By eating.
11. How does Cal awaken Toby on Saturdays?
(a) By throwing dirt clods against Toby's window.
(b) By bouncing his basketball outside Toby's window.
(c) By phoning him.
(d) By banging pans outside Toby's window.
12. Why do the children stay in line instead of going to eat?
(a) They don't want to lose their place in line.
(b) They don't have enough money to eat, plus see the sideshow.
(c) Because no one ever stays in Antler very long. They didn't want to miss the show.
(d) There's nothing good to eat.
13. What has caused Antler's population to decrease?
(a) A super store closed all the small businesses.
(b) Farm foreclosures.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
(d) Industry layoffs.
14. What do Toby and Cal want to research at the library?
(a) The cost of area amusement parks to plan a day trip.
(b) Colleges that will get them far from Antler.
(c) The population of nearby towns.
(d) Whether Zachary Beaver is the fattest kid in the world.
15. Who stops the people from teasing Zachary in Chapter 7?
(a) Toby and Cal.
(c) The Sheriff.
(d) Miss Myrtie Mae.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who phones while Toby is at Scarlett's house?
2. What cuts the lakeside dance short in Chapter 8?
3. What cleaning product is smelled when Toby and friends enter the sideshow trailer?
4. What does the sideshow feature?
5. Where does Toby go in Chapter 8 after dropping his letter in the mail?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)