|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who phones while Toby is at Scarlett's house?
(a) Miss Myrtie Mae.
(d) The Sheriff.
2. In Antler, what often blows in the wind like snow?
(a) Shaved ice from the snow cone stands.
(b) Styrofoam from the factory.
(c) Cotton from the gin.
(d) Wood shavings from the logging industry.
3. What was made of the foil taken from the cake?
(a) A bird feeder.
(b) A crown.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A necklace.
4. Where does Mr. Wilson take Toby for lunch in Chapter 5?
(a) The bowling alley diner.
(b) To the town's Mexican restaurant.
(c) Gossimer Lake for a picnic.
(d) The Dairy Maid.
5. How much does it cost to view the sideshow?
6. What is the sheriff's favorite animal?
7. Who mows the school lawn in Chapter 4?
(a) The town bully.
8. How does Zachary explain the lack of minister notes in his Bible?
(a) He said the minister couldn't write.
(b) The minister didn't speak English.
(c) He said he was almost baptized.
(d) He couldn't find the Bible when he got baptized.
9. What does Toby's dad serve for dinner in Chapter 3?
(b) Hot dogs.
(d) Frozen pizza.
10. Who in Toby's house is usually dressed before anyone else?
(a) Toby's dad.
(b) Toby's brother.
(d) Toby's mother.
11. Why does Toby pick up the dropped item he finds in Chapter 6?
(a) To return it to Cal.
(b) To give it to Zachary to eat.
(c) To throw it away.
(d) To spend it at the store.
12. How does Cal awaken Toby on Saturdays?
(a) By banging pans outside Toby's window.
(b) By phoning him.
(c) By throwing dirt clods against Toby's window.
(d) By bouncing his basketball outside Toby's window.
13. In Chapter 8, who breaks a date without giving a reason?
14. Who begins to make fun of the featured sideshow person?
15. Why does Paulie give Ferris an envelope of money?
(a) To pay for utilities and food for Zachary.
(b) To pay rent for his trailer.
(c) To keep him from telling who robbed the bowling alley.
(d) To pay off a fine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which book do Toby and Cal use as the authoritative resource in their research?
2. After the contest, when does Toby's mother plan to return home?
3. Who are Toby and Cal spying on at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. Who stops the people from teasing Zachary in Chapter 7?
5. Whose sister does Toby take to see the sideshow?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)