|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of walls block off the sideshow boy from the visitors?
(a) Wooden with viewing holes cut in.
2. What has caused Antler's population to decrease?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
(b) A super store closed all the small businesses.
(c) Industry layoffs.
(d) Farm foreclosures.
3. Why do the children stay in line instead of going to eat?
(a) They don't want to lose their place in line.
(b) There's nothing good to eat.
(c) They don't have enough money to eat, plus see the sideshow.
(d) Because no one ever stays in Antler very long. They didn't want to miss the show.
4. Which character is a reformed alcoholic?
(a) Toby's mom.
(d) Mr. McKnight.
5. What does Toby learn in the letter he receives in Chapter 11?
(a) That Paulie is mad because he's been hanging out with Zachary.
(b) That his mother is not coming home.
(c) That Wayne wants Cal to write to him.
(d) The Cal knows Toby wrote a letter on his behalf.
6. Who asks Cal to write a letter?
(c) Myrtie Mae.
7. As Toby recalls the night his mother packed, what song does he remember her singing?
(a) "Amazing Grace."
(b) "All My Exes Live in Texas."
(c) "That's All Right, Mama."
(d) "Hey, Good Looking."
8. Who does Toby write to in Chapter 8?
(a) His father.
(c) His mother.
9. What gets torn when Cal disturbs Kate in Chapter 4?
(a) Kate's new dress.
(b) A pattern.
(c) Piano sheet music.
(d) A page in a library book.
10. Who stops the people from teasing Zachary in Chapter 7?
(b) Toby and Cal.
(c) The Sheriff.
(d) Miss Myrtie Mae.
11. Who tells the boys that Kate passed her driving test?
(a) Mr. McKnight.
(d) The sheriff.
12. What does Miss Myrtie May serve for lunch in Chapter 9?
(a) Chicken salad.
(b) Potato salad.
(c) Club salad.
(d) Turkey gelatin salad.
13. Which book do Toby and Cal use as the authoritative resource in their research?
(a) The World Book Encyclopedia.
(b) A world atlas.
(c) The Guiness Book of World Records.
(d) The dictionary.
14. Who is planning to meet Juan in Chapter 1?
15. What kind of car does Wayne own?
(a) A Vega.
(b) A Corvette.
(c) A Thunderbird.
(d) A Mustang.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paulie give Ferris an envelope of money?
2. In Chapter 8, who breaks a date without giving a reason?
3. What soundtrack is Kate listening to while sewing in Chapter 4?
4. Who joins Toby and Mr. Wilson for lunch in Chapter 5?
5. What was made of the foil taken from the cake?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)