|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who phones while Toby is at Scarlett's house?
(a) Miss Myrtie Mae.
(b) The Sheriff.
2. Who wants to get out of the sideshow line to get something to eat?
3. Which character is a reformed alcoholic?
(b) Mr. McKnight.
(c) Toby's mom.
4. In Chapter 8, who breaks a date without giving a reason?
5. Who took the foil off the cake that Toby hid in the bushes?
6. Who are Toby and Cal spying on at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Mr. McKnight.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) Myrtie Mae.
7. What do Toby and Cal see as Mr. Wilson drives them away from Zachary's trailer?
(a) Zachary reaches out to get the food off the step.
(b) A billboard with Toby's mom on it.
(c) Kate taking her driving test.
(d) The sheriff stopping at Zachary's trailer.
8. Where does Cal live?
(a) Across the street from Scarlett.
(b) Right beside the Dairy Maid.
(c) Next door to Toby.
(d) By the cotton gin.
9. What one item in the trailer looks like it is not sterile?
(a) A bookshelf.
(b) The door.
(c) The lighting.
(d) The plexiglass.
10. Why does Paulie give Ferris an envelope of money?
(a) To pay for utilities and food for Zachary.
(b) To pay rent for his trailer.
(c) To keep him from telling who robbed the bowling alley.
(d) To pay off a fine.
11. What is the sideshow boy drinking while people come to see him?
(b) A cola.
(c) A rootbeer float.
(d) A chocolate shake.
12. What do Toby and Cal want to research at the library?
(a) Whether Zachary Beaver is the fattest kid in the world.
(b) The population of nearby towns.
(c) The cost of area amusement parks to plan a day trip.
(d) Colleges that will get them far from Antler.
13. How do Toby and Cal pass time while waiting at their lookout post?
(a) By measuring things.
(b) By making up stories about Paulie.
(c) By eating.
(d) By playing video games.
14. Where was the competition Toby's mom was in held?
(a) Ryman Auditorium.
(b) Sun Records.
(c) 16th Avenue.
15. Who built the dam at Gossimer Lake?
(a) The First Baptist men's group.
(b) The Shriners.
(c) The Girl Scouts.
(d) The Boy Scouts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Toby happy in Chapter 8?
2. Where does the sideshow trailer stop when it rolls into town?
3. How does Zachary explain the lack of minister notes in his Bible?
4. Who does Toby write to in Chapter 8?
5. Who almost gets in trouble while viewing the sideshow?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)