|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Toby and Cal go to see all of Antler?
(a) Gossimer Lake.
(b) The second floor of Toby's house.
(c) The highest fire escape at the school.
(d) The bowling alley roof.
2. What was hauling the sideshow trailer?
(a) A Thunderbird.
(b) A pickup truck.
(c) A Chevy Vega.
(d) A Jeep.
3. What does the sideshow feature?
(a) The shortest boy in the world.
(b) A boy with a goat head.
(c) The fattest boy in the world.
(d) The tallest boy in the world.
4. What does Toby learn in the letter he receives in Chapter 11?
(a) That Paulie is mad because he's been hanging out with Zachary.
(b) That his mother is not coming home.
(c) That Wayne wants Cal to write to him.
(d) The Cal knows Toby wrote a letter on his behalf.
5. What is Miss Myrtie Mae's casserole specialty?
(a) Sweet potato casserole.
(b) Chicken Delight.
(c) Tater Tot Casserole.
(d) Shepherd's pie.
6. Who hits Zachary's trailer?
(a) Junior high girls.
(b) Fourth graders.
(c) Cal and Toby.
(d) Senior boys.
7. What cuts the lakeside dance short in Chapter 8?
(a) A girlfriend.
(b) A boyfriend.
(d) The radio batteries die.
8. Who considered becoming a preacher?
(a) Mr. McKnight.
(b) Toby's dad.
(c) The sheriff.
9. What do the children notice on a bookshelf?
(a) Some puzzles and a few books.
(b) Lots of encyclopedias and a gold box.
(c) Lots of comic books.
(d) Mostly mystery books.
10. What cleaning product is smelled when Toby and friends enter the sideshow trailer?
(b) Tide with bleach.
(c) Mr. Clean.
11. Where is Antler located?
(a) In the Arkansas panhandle.
(b) In the Florida panhandle.
(c) In the Oklahoma panhandle.
(d) In the Texas panhandle.
12. What skill was Juan teaching Scarlett that Toby does not have?
13. Where was the competition Toby's mom was in held?
(a) Ryman Auditorium.
(b) Sun Records.
(c) 16th Avenue.
14. Who is not mentioned in the letter Toby writes in Chapter 8?
15. What do Toby and Cal see as Mr. Wilson drives them away from Zachary's trailer?
(a) Kate taking her driving test.
(b) Zachary reaches out to get the food off the step.
(c) A billboard with Toby's mom on it.
(d) The sheriff stopping at Zachary's trailer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Toby write to in Chapter 8?
2. Why is Mr. Wilson in a good mood in Chapter 5?
3. Who in Toby's house is usually dressed before anyone else?
4. What gets torn when Cal disturbs Kate in Chapter 4?
5. Where does the sideshow trailer stop when it rolls into town?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)