|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paulie give Ferris an envelope of money?
(a) To pay off a fine.
(b) To pay for utilities and food for Zachary.
(c) To keep him from telling who robbed the bowling alley.
(d) To pay rent for his trailer.
2. Who talks with Toby at the lake?
3. Who asks Cal to write a letter?
(b) Myrtie Mae.
4. What cuts the lakeside dance short in Chapter 8?
(a) The radio batteries die.
(b) A girlfriend.
(d) A boyfriend.
5. What kind of walls block off the sideshow boy from the visitors?
(d) Wooden with viewing holes cut in.
6. Which character is a reformed alcoholic?
(c) Mr. McKnight.
(d) Toby's mom.
7. What soundtrack is Kate listening to while sewing in Chapter 4?
(a) The Wizard of Oz.
(b) The Sound of Music.
(c) Saturday Night Fever.
(d) Beach Blanket Bingo.
8. Who considered becoming a preacher?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) Mr. McKnight.
(c) Toby's dad.
9. What does Toby's dad serve for dinner in Chapter 3?
(b) Frozen pizza.
(c) Hot dogs.
10. Who does Toby receive a letter from in Chapter 11?
(d) His mother.
11. What makes Toby happy in Chapter 8?
(a) Zachary calls and invites him over.
(b) Scarlett has broken up with Juan.
(c) Lightning bugs at the lake.
(d) Tara said she thinks he's cute.
12. What kind of flag is in front of Cal's house?
(a) A decorative one with an M on it.
(b) A windsock flag.
(c) A Confederate flag.
(d) An American flag.
13. As Toby sits at the lake in Chapter 3, what keeps him from wading into it?
(a) The mosquitoes.
(b) The fear of alligators.
(c) The thought of leeches.
(d) The thought of snakes.
14. Who does Toby write to in Chapter 8?
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
15. Who breaks the trailer window?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sheriff's favorite animal?
2. How does Toby sign the letter he writes in Chapter 8?
3. What skill was Juan teaching Scarlett that Toby does not have?
4. What has caused Antler's population to decrease?
5. Who begins to make fun of the featured sideshow person?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)