|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cal's father use to control pests in his garden?
(c) Dish liquid.
2. What do Toby and Cal take to their lookout spot in the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) A tape measure.
(d) A hand held video game.
3. What does Cal see when he peeks inside Zachary's gold box?
(a) A Bible.
(d) Baseball card collection.
4. What does Kate run over when pulling out of her driveway in Chapter 5?
(a) Billy's skateboard.
(b) Cal's bike.
(c) A doll.
(d) The mailbox.
5. Which day of the week will Myrtie Mae's lawn get cut?
6. Who talks with Toby at the lake?
7. Who mows the school lawn in Chapter 4?
(b) The town bully.
8. Where do Toby and Cal go to see all of Antler?
(a) The highest fire escape at the school.
(b) The second floor of Toby's house.
(c) Gossimer Lake.
(d) The bowling alley roof.
9. What does Cal leave on the steps of Zachary's trailer?
(a) A piece of chicken.
(b) A chocolate milk shake.
(c) A burger.
(d) A snow cone.
10. What favor does Scarlett ask of Toby in Chapter 10?
(a) To take her sister to see Zachary.
(b) To kiss her cheek.
(c) To take some dinner to Zachary.
(d) To dance with her.
11. Why does Toby wake up early Friday morning in Chapter 9?
(a) To hang out with Zachary.
(b) To go bowling.
(c) To mow Miss Myrtie Mae's yard.
(d) To hang out with Cal.
12. How does Toby sign the letter he writes in Chapter 8?
(b) Love, Your Brother.
(c) Your secret admirer.
13. What kind of car does Wayne own?
(a) A Corvette.
(b) A Thunderbird.
(c) A Mustang.
(d) A Vega.
14. What famous French landmark does Zachary tell Cal and Toby about in Chapter 11?
(a) The Taj Mahal.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) Big Ben.
(d) The Louvre.
15. What do the children notice on a bookshelf?
(a) Lots of comic books.
(b) Lots of encyclopedias and a gold box.
(c) Mostly mystery books.
(d) Some puzzles and a few books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Cal and Toby shout names at in Chapter 4?
2. What has caused Antler's population to decrease?
3. Who in Toby's house is usually dressed before anyone else?
4. Where does the sideshow trailer stop when it rolls into town?
5. As Toby recalls the night his mother packed, what song does he remember her singing?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)