|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which war did the bowling alley owner miss due to an injury?
2. Who is not mentioned in the letter Toby writes in Chapter 8?
3. Where does Cal live?
(a) By the cotton gin.
(b) Next door to Toby.
(c) Right beside the Dairy Maid.
(d) Across the street from Scarlett.
4. Why does the Sheriff stop by Toby's house in Chapter 7?
(a) To accuse Toby of breaking the window.
(b) To arrest Toby for torturing Zachary.
(c) To question him about the bowling alley robbery.
(d) To ask Toby and Cal to talk to Zachary.
5. Where do Toby and Cal go to see all of Antler?
(a) Gossimer Lake.
(b) The bowling alley roof.
(c) The second floor of Toby's house.
(d) The highest fire escape at the school.
6. What soundtrack is Kate listening to while sewing in Chapter 4?
(a) Saturday Night Fever.
(b) Beach Blanket Bingo.
(c) The Wizard of Oz.
(d) The Sound of Music.
7. Where does the sideshow trailer stop when it rolls into town?
(a) Antler post office.
(b) The school parking lot.
(c) The library.
(d) Diary Maid parking lot.
8. Why does Paulie give Ferris an envelope of money?
(a) To pay rent for his trailer.
(b) To pay off a fine.
(c) To keep him from telling who robbed the bowling alley.
(d) To pay for utilities and food for Zachary.
9. What does Toby's dad ask him to take to Mrs. McKnight?
(a) A bouquet of roses.
(b) A bucket of worms.
(c) A cup of sugar.
(d) A cup of coffee grounds.
10. What human comparison does Tara use to try to understand the magnitude of the featured sideshow person?
(a) Uncle Billy.
(d) Santa Claus.
11. What does Cal's father use to control pests in his garden?
(b) Dish liquid.
12. Who tells the boys that Kate passed her driving test?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) Mr. McKnight.
13. What famous French landmark does Zachary tell Cal and Toby about in Chapter 11?
(a) The Taj Mahal.
(b) Big Ben.
(c) The Louvre.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
14. How do the boys know the grocery bag has been seen?
(a) Ferris said an old lady left with it.
(b) The grocery store manager said he took it to Zachary by mistake.
(c) The food pantry manager thanked them for the donation.
(d) They see Zachary move the curtain.
15. What makes Toby happy in Chapter 8?
(a) Scarlett has broken up with Juan.
(b) Tara said she thinks he's cute.
(c) Lightning bugs at the lake.
(d) Zachary calls and invites him over.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the farm that Cal's father owns?
2. What is the sideshow boy drinking while people come to see him?
3. What cuts the lakeside dance short in Chapter 8?
4. Where was the competition Toby's mom was in held?
5. Who almost gets in trouble while viewing the sideshow?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)