|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is not mentioned in the letter Toby writes in Chapter 8?
2. Who agrees to cut Myrtie Mae's lawn throughout the summer?
3. Who phones while Toby is at Scarlett's house?
(a) The Sheriff.
(b) Miss Myrtie Mae.
4. What has caused Antler's population to decrease?
(a) A super store closed all the small businesses.
(b) Farm foreclosures.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
(d) Industry layoffs.
5. What does Cal's father use to control pests in his garden?
(c) Dish liquid.
6. Why is Kate the last Antler High School junior to get her driver's license?
(a) She can't parallel park.
(b) She ran into the sheriff's car while taking her driving test.
(c) She ran a red light during her driving test.
(d) She can't pass the written test.
7. Which character is a reformed alcoholic?
(a) Toby's mom.
(b) Mr. McKnight.
8. Who rode Toby's bike at the end of Chapter 4?
9. Who gets hit in the bottom by a rock?
10. What does Toby's dad ask him to take to Mrs. McKnight?
(a) A bucket of worms.
(b) A cup of coffee grounds.
(c) A bouquet of roses.
(d) A cup of sugar.
11. As Toby sits at the lake in Chapter 3, what keeps him from wading into it?
(a) The fear of alligators.
(b) The thought of snakes.
(c) The mosquitoes.
(d) The thought of leeches.
12. Which war did the bowling alley owner miss due to an injury?
13. What does the community discuss over lunch at the diner in Chapter 5?
(a) That Toby's mom has run away with another man.
(b) That Kate has passed her driver's test.
(c) That Zachary Beaver was left alone.
(d) That Mr. McKnight's crops have failed.
14. Who sticks up for the featured sideshow person when another child begins to taunt?
15. What does Toby do when he enters Scarlett's bedroom?
(a) Sprays her perfume to smell it.
(b) Gawks at himself in the mirror.
(c) Uses her hair brush.
(d) Sniffs her lip gloss.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Toby sign the letter he writes in Chapter 8?
2. Who built the dam at Gossimer Lake?
3. Who takes tickets at the sideshow?
4. Whose sister does Toby take to see the sideshow?
5. What is the sideshow boy doing while viewers stop by to see him?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)