|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who breaks a date without giving a reason?
2. Who rode Toby's bike at the end of Chapter 4?
3. Which book do Toby and Cal use as the authoritative resource in their research?
(a) The Guiness Book of World Records.
(b) The World Book Encyclopedia.
(c) A world atlas.
(d) The dictionary.
4. What gets torn when Cal disturbs Kate in Chapter 4?
(a) Piano sheet music.
(b) A page in a library book.
(c) Kate's new dress.
(d) A pattern.
5. Who breaks the trailer window?
6. What does Cal's father use to control pests in his garden?
(a) Dish liquid.
7. How does Toby's mother finish in the singing competition?
(a) She places third.
(b) She places second.
(c) She wins.
(d) She loses all together.
8. Who in Toby's house is usually dressed before anyone else?
(b) Toby's mother.
(c) Toby's brother.
(d) Toby's dad.
9. What is used by teasers to hit Zachary's trailer?
(a) Glass drink bottles.
10. When Toby and Cal leave their lookout post in Chapter 6, what is dropped?
(a) A quarter.
(b) A candy bar.
(c) A dollar.
(d) A letter.
11. What favor does Scarlett ask of Toby in Chapter 10?
(a) To take her sister to see Zachary.
(b) To take some dinner to Zachary.
(c) To dance with her.
(d) To kiss her cheek.
12. Who is planning to meet Juan in Chapter 1?
13. Which day of the week will Myrtie Mae's lawn get cut?
14. What does Scarlett do when her sister tells what Toby did in her room?
(a) She chastises him for using someone else's brush.
(b) She asks why he was sniffing her lip gloss.
(c) She dismisses her little sister.
(d) She tells Toby to get out.
15. What is the appearance of the sideshow ticket salesperson?
(a) Very young.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does the sheriff have with him in his patrol car as he drives by the sideshow line?
2. Who is the youngest of four kids?
3. What does Toby learn in the letter he receives in Chapter 11?
4. Who gets hit in the bottom by a rock?
5. How do the boys know the grocery bag has been seen?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)