|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who talks with Toby at the lake?
2. What do Toby and Cal see as Mr. Wilson drives them away from Zachary's trailer?
(a) Zachary reaches out to get the food off the step.
(b) Kate taking her driving test.
(c) A billboard with Toby's mom on it.
(d) The sheriff stopping at Zachary's trailer.
3. What does Toby do when he enters Scarlett's bedroom?
(a) Gawks at himself in the mirror.
(b) Sprays her perfume to smell it.
(c) Uses her hair brush.
(d) Sniffs her lip gloss.
4. Who picks up the grocery sack that has been left in Chapter 6?
(a) The sheriff.
5. Where does the sideshow trailer stop when it rolls into town?
(a) The library.
(b) The school parking lot.
(c) Antler post office.
(d) Diary Maid parking lot.
6. Who rode Toby's bike at the end of Chapter 4?
7. Where does Mr. Wilson take Toby for lunch in Chapter 5?
(a) Gossimer Lake for a picnic.
(b) The Dairy Maid.
(c) To the town's Mexican restaurant.
(d) The bowling alley diner.
8. What one item in the trailer looks like it is not sterile?
(a) The lighting.
(b) The door.
(c) A bookshelf.
(d) The plexiglass.
9. What is the sheriff's favorite animal?
10. What human comparison does Tara use to try to understand the magnitude of the featured sideshow person?
(b) Santa Claus.
(c) Uncle Billy.
11. What is used by teasers to hit Zachary's trailer?
(a) Glass drink bottles.
12. What kind of car does Wayne own?
(a) A Corvette.
(b) A Mustang.
(c) A Vega.
(d) A Thunderbird.
13. What does Toby's dad ask him to take to Mrs. McKnight?
(a) A bucket of worms.
(b) A cup of coffee grounds.
(c) A bouquet of roses.
(d) A cup of sugar.
14. What famous French landmark does Zachary tell Cal and Toby about in Chapter 11?
(a) Big Ben.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) The Taj Mahal.
(d) The Louvre.
15. Who does Toby receive a letter from in Chapter 11?
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is not mentioned in the letter Toby writes in Chapter 8?
2. Who built the dam at Gossimer Lake?
3. Whose sister does Toby take to see the sideshow?
4. Who takes tickets at the sideshow?
5. Why does Toby wake up early Friday morning in Chapter 9?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)