|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the community discuss over lunch at the diner in Chapter 5?
(a) That Toby's mom has run away with another man.
(b) That Mr. McKnight's crops have failed.
(c) That Kate has passed her driver's test.
(d) That Zachary Beaver was left alone.
2. What is Miss Myrtie Mae's casserole specialty?
(a) Shepherd's pie.
(b) Chicken Delight.
(c) Sweet potato casserole.
(d) Tater Tot Casserole.
3. Who encourages Cal to write a letter?
(c) Myrtie Mae.
4. Who joins Toby and Mr. Wilson for lunch in Chapter 5?
5. In Antler, what often blows in the wind like snow?
(a) Wood shavings from the logging industry.
(b) Styrofoam from the factory.
(c) Cotton from the gin.
(d) Shaved ice from the snow cone stands.
6. What do Toby and Cal see as Mr. Wilson drives them away from Zachary's trailer?
(a) Kate taking her driving test.
(b) A billboard with Toby's mom on it.
(c) The sheriff stopping at Zachary's trailer.
(d) Zachary reaches out to get the food off the step.
7. How much does it cost to view the sideshow?
8. Where do Toby and Cal leave a sack of groceries?
(a) At the food pantry.
(b) At the bowling alley.
(c) On Zachary's step.
(d) At the grocery store.
9. What does Cal leave on the steps of Zachary's trailer?
(a) A chocolate milk shake.
(b) A snow cone.
(c) A burger.
(d) A piece of chicken.
10. What human comparison does Tara use to try to understand the magnitude of the featured sideshow person?
(a) Santa Claus.
(c) Uncle Billy.
11. What cleaning product is smelled when Toby and friends enter the sideshow trailer?
(b) Tide with bleach.
(c) Mr. Clean.
12. What was made of the foil taken from the cake?
(a) A crown.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A bird feeder.
13. What does Miss Myrtie May serve for lunch in Chapter 9?
(a) Potato salad.
(b) Club salad.
(c) Turkey gelatin salad.
(d) Chicken salad.
14. Who talks with Toby at the lake?
15. Who is the youngest of four kids?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to get out of the sideshow line to get something to eat?
2. What kind of car does Wayne own?
3. Who took the foil off the cake that Toby hid in the bushes?
4. Who begins to make fun of the featured sideshow person?
5. What do Toby and Cal take to their lookout spot in the beginning of Chapter 7?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)