|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paulie give Ferris an envelope of money?
(a) To pay off a fine.
(b) To pay for utilities and food for Zachary.
(c) To keep him from telling who robbed the bowling alley.
(d) To pay rent for his trailer.
2. Why is Mr. Wilson in a good mood in Chapter 5?
(a) Because he won a big case in court.
(b) Because the post office was closed for a holiday.
(c) Because he won the town's lottery.
(d) Because Lee Trevino won the British Open.
3. What does Toby's dad serve for dinner in Chapter 3?
(b) Hot dogs.
(d) Frozen pizza.
4. To whom was Myrtie Mae rumored to be engaged?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) A doctor.
(d) A lawyer.
5. Who tells the boys that Kate passed her driving test?
(b) Mr. McKnight.
(c) The sheriff.
6. Who talks with Toby at the lake?
7. What was made of the foil taken from the cake?
(a) A crown.
(b) A bird feeder.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A bracelet.
8. Who do Cal and Toby shout names at in Chapter 4?
(c) The town bully.
9. Where does the sideshow trailer stop when it rolls into town?
(a) The library.
(b) Antler post office.
(c) The school parking lot.
(d) Diary Maid parking lot.
10. Who begins to make fun of the featured sideshow person?
11. What does Toby realize when he drinks his first ever cup of coffee?
(a) He likes it with cream.
(b) He doesn't like it.
(c) It gives him indigestion.
(d) It makes him jittery.
12. What do Toby and Cal want to research at the library?
(a) The cost of area amusement parks to plan a day trip.
(b) The population of nearby towns.
(c) Colleges that will get them far from Antler.
(d) Whether Zachary Beaver is the fattest kid in the world.
13. Where does Mr. Wilson take Toby for lunch in Chapter 5?
(a) To the town's Mexican restaurant.
(b) The bowling alley diner.
(c) The Dairy Maid.
(d) Gossimer Lake for a picnic.
14. How do the boys know the grocery bag has been seen?
(a) The food pantry manager thanked them for the donation.
(b) They see Zachary move the curtain.
(c) Ferris said an old lady left with it.
(d) The grocery store manager said he took it to Zachary by mistake.
15. Who is not mentioned in the letter Toby writes in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks up the grocery sack that has been left in Chapter 6?
2. Who took the foil off the cake that Toby hid in the bushes?
3. Who wants to get out of the sideshow line to get something to eat?
4. Why is Kate the last Antler High School junior to get her driver's license?
5. What does Wayne compare war to so Cal can understand it?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)