|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Toby receive a letter from in Chapter 11?
(c) His mother.
2. What kind of flag is in front of Cal's house?
(a) A Confederate flag.
(b) A windsock flag.
(c) An American flag.
(d) A decorative one with an M on it.
3. Where does Cal live?
(a) Across the street from Scarlett.
(b) Next door to Toby.
(c) Right beside the Dairy Maid.
(d) By the cotton gin.
4. Where does the sideshow trailer stop when it rolls into town?
(a) Antler post office.
(b) Diary Maid parking lot.
(c) The school parking lot.
(d) The library.
5. What does Scarlett do when her sister tells what Toby did in her room?
(a) She chastises him for using someone else's brush.
(b) She dismisses her little sister.
(c) She tells Toby to get out.
(d) She asks why he was sniffing her lip gloss.
6. Who phones while Toby is at Scarlett's house?
(c) Miss Myrtie Mae.
(d) The Sheriff.
7. Who breaks the trailer window?
8. Who does Toby write to in Chapter 8?
(a) His mother.
(d) His father.
9. What does Cal leave on the steps of Zachary's trailer?
(a) A piece of chicken.
(b) A burger.
(c) A chocolate milk shake.
(d) A snow cone.
10. Who is planning to meet Juan in Chapter 1?
11. As Toby sits at the lake in Chapter 3, what keeps him from wading into it?
(a) The thought of snakes.
(b) The fear of alligators.
(c) The thought of leeches.
(d) The mosquitoes.
12. How do Toby and Cal pass time while waiting at their lookout post?
(a) By playing video games.
(b) By making up stories about Paulie.
(c) By measuring things.
(d) By eating.
13. Why does Toby wake up early Friday morning in Chapter 9?
(a) To hang out with Cal.
(b) To go bowling.
(c) To mow Miss Myrtie Mae's yard.
(d) To hang out with Zachary.
14. What was made of the foil taken from the cake?
(a) A crown.
(b) A bird feeder.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A necklace.
15. What skill was Juan teaching Scarlett that Toby does not have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who built the dam at Gossimer Lake?
2. What is the appearance of the sideshow ticket salesperson?
3. What has caused Antler's population to decrease?
4. What does Miss Myrtie May serve for lunch in Chapter 9?
5. Who gets kissed on the cheek at the end of Chapter 8?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)