|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Toby and Cal go to see all of Antler?
(a) The bowling alley roof.
(b) The highest fire escape at the school.
(c) The second floor of Toby's house.
(d) Gossimer Lake.
2. Why is Kate the last Antler High School junior to get her driver's license?
(a) She can't pass the written test.
(b) She can't parallel park.
(c) She ran a red light during her driving test.
(d) She ran into the sheriff's car while taking her driving test.
3. Who considered becoming a preacher?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) Toby's dad.
(c) Mr. McKnight.
4. Where does Mr. Wilson take Toby for lunch in Chapter 5?
(a) To the town's Mexican restaurant.
(b) The bowling alley diner.
(c) The Dairy Maid.
(d) Gossimer Lake for a picnic.
5. What does the community discuss over lunch at the diner in Chapter 5?
(a) That Toby's mom has run away with another man.
(b) That Kate has passed her driver's test.
(c) That Zachary Beaver was left alone.
(d) That Mr. McKnight's crops have failed.
6. When leaving the lookout post in Chapter 6, where does Toby have to stop for his dad?
(a) The Dairy Maid.
(b) The bowling alley.
(c) The post office.
(d) The grocery store.
7. What is the sideshow boy doing while viewers stop by to see him?
(a) Eating a pizza.
(b) Talking to them.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Watching TV.
8. What do the children notice on a bookshelf?
(a) Lots of comic books.
(b) Lots of encyclopedias and a gold box.
(c) Mostly mystery books.
(d) Some puzzles and a few books.
9. Who sticks up for the featured sideshow person when another child begins to taunt?
10. Why does Paulie give Ferris an envelope of money?
(a) To pay for utilities and food for Zachary.
(b) To keep him from telling who robbed the bowling alley.
(c) To pay off a fine.
(d) To pay rent for his trailer.
11. Who hits Zachary's trailer?
(a) Fourth graders.
(b) Senior boys.
(c) Junior high girls.
(d) Cal and Toby.
12. Who tells the boys that Kate passed her driving test?
(b) The sheriff.
(d) Mr. McKnight.
13. How do the boys know the grocery bag has been seen?
(a) Ferris said an old lady left with it.
(b) They see Zachary move the curtain.
(c) The grocery store manager said he took it to Zachary by mistake.
(d) The food pantry manager thanked them for the donation.
14. What do Toby and Cal want to research at the library?
(a) Colleges that will get them far from Antler.
(b) The population of nearby towns.
(c) The cost of area amusement parks to plan a day trip.
(d) Whether Zachary Beaver is the fattest kid in the world.
15. Whose sister does Toby take to see the sideshow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does Scarlett ask of Toby in Chapter 10?
2. What soundtrack is Kate listening to while sewing in Chapter 4?
3. Who asks Cal to write a letter?
4. What does Toby learn in the letter he receives in Chapter 11?
5. What human comparison does Tara use to try to understand the magnitude of the featured sideshow person?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)