Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. What is exciting about the trailer that pulls into town in Chapter 1? Why is it exciting?
2. Why does Miss Myrtie Mae appear when the crowd starts to form at the trailer when it arrives in Chapter 1?
3. Other than the emotional attachment Toby has with his mother, why does he miss her so much?
4. Why does Toby take Scarlett's sister to see the sideshow?
Short Essay Question - Chapter 2
5. Why is there often a dog in the sheriff's car?
This section contains 942 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)