|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the sheriff's favorite animal?
2. Why is Kate the last Antler High School junior to get her driver's license?
(a) She can't pass the written test.
(b) She ran a red light during her driving test.
(c) She can't parallel park.
(d) She ran into the sheriff's car while taking her driving test.
3. Why do the children stay in line instead of going to eat?
(a) There's nothing good to eat.
(b) They don't have enough money to eat, plus see the sideshow.
(c) Because no one ever stays in Antler very long. They didn't want to miss the show.
(d) They don't want to lose their place in line.
4. In Antler, what often blows in the wind like snow?
(a) Styrofoam from the factory.
(b) Cotton from the gin.
(c) Shaved ice from the snow cone stands.
(d) Wood shavings from the logging industry.
5. What cuts the lakeside dance short in Chapter 8?
(b) A boyfriend.
(c) The radio batteries die.
(d) A girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks up the grocery sack that has been left in Chapter 6?
2. Who is not mentioned in the letter Toby writes in Chapter 8?
3. What kind of car does Wayne own?
4. After the contest, when does Toby's mother plan to return home?
5. How do Toby and Cal pass time while waiting at their lookout post?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)